Ten Years

My favorite mistake (DG Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A decade ago...

"Relax Dara you can do this!", she told herself as she walked through the crowd of people that have gathered in the mansion of the Kwons. Everybody was there to celebrate the 70th birthday of the matriarch Dona Marina. From where she was standing earlier she could see TOP talking to the visitors in the house, some of whom were his friends. She knew she had to take the risk otherwise it will be over. She is set to leave tomorrow to continue to study overseas courtesy of her aunt who now lives in the States. 

She caught a glimpse of TOP again as she walked thru the crowd. He looked handsome in his light blue polo tucked in his denim pants. While he used to be chubby when they were little he learned how to work out and the results can be seen in his lean body. But this is not why she liked him. She cannot recall when it started, the only thing she knows is that she has been attracted to him eversince they were little. And she misses him a lot because eversince he went to college he rarely comes back to the province and visits. She has to tell him how she felt before she leaves tomorrow and it can only happen today so despite his fathers' advice to stay at home that night she opted to go out and look for TOP.

She felt rebellious of the fact that no one believed in what she is feeling for TOP. Everyone said this feelings will come to pass even Jiyong who left to study in Australia two years ago. But how can they all explain the wild beating of her heart everytime she sees TOP.  How could she feel it only for him and not any other guy. She is sixteen and she might say she is attractive based on the number of suitors she has but she could never feel this way for anybody not even for Jiyong who basically grew up with her. And the closest one to her amongst the Kwon family.

TOP knew her but has always treated her like a pet, a young adopted sister, he is nice to her but not close. Just like his brother, TOP would make sure to bring gifts for her during special occassions like Christmas or her birthday. He would remain polite but distant to her. But she loves him just the same. And tonight since it is her last night in the mansion she plans to tell him how she felt regardless of the circumstance.She fears that he will laugh at her once he hears what she has to say but she doesn't mind its her last day in the mansion anyway she might as well give herself the chance.

She thought she saw him go to the gazebo located in one corner of the garden. She saw someone wearing blue something that was waving asking her to come closer. As she was on her way to the gazebo she remembers how much she wanted to come here at night and meet TOP. Talk to him and even be kissed by him with only the moon as the light to shine on them. She is dreaming of that moment where she is wearing a gown and a tiara while he will be wearing at tuxedo. He will ask her to dance with him inside the gazebo and he would kiss her passionately before the dance ends. Haaay Dara you are a hopeless romantic she scolded herself and she smiled seeing how funny the whole scenario is.

While she thought she must have seen TOP go into the gazebo her dream got shattered when she finally got closer to it. The person calling her was her "Mama Stella" mother of TOP and Jiyong who treats her like her own. She was waving to her to come closer and she did. Mama Stella was smiling while holding a bottle of wine and a goblet. Dara kissed her on the cheek as a sign of greeting while the old lady asked her to sit beside her. Mama Stella is an elegant looking middle aged lady. Pearly white complexion, short curly light brown colored hair,brown eyes like Jiyong and TOP and a smile like her mother. She stands a little bit taller than Dara and because she had a slender body she looked like a model in her light blue gown.

"Good evening Mama Stella", she almost choked when she suddenly saw her as a mother-in-law and not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter