The Vow

My favorite mistake (DG Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara POV

I cannot believe how time flew so fast that it has it been 2 years already? As I now walk down the path to my new destination I looked back to all my memories of Jiyong. True to his word he visited me almost every month in LA. So many times that Minzy had to duplicate another key so that he can come in whether we are there or not. And Minzy loved him, not just because he cooks so well but because she told me she is sure that this guy loves me. The last time I went home in the Philippines we had the meeting of our parents which didn't actually look like a normal meeting of elders because the whole scenario was so festive its as if my family and his have long been joined together that there is no need to meet.

I thank the Lord for Jiyong because he made the last two years such a romantic experience for me. And today I am sure that my decision to be a part of his life is the best decision I am making for myself. It's our wedding day and I am on my way to the church. We chose this beautiful church nestled on top of a hill overlooking the Taal Volcano where he proposed. There is a path that goes straight up to the main chapel. As the gentle wind touches my skin I feel lucky to be walking this path with Jiyong.

The gown I am wearing was chosen for me by Mama Stella who contacted Monique Lhuillier from New York just to have it made for me. I love the long trail and the detailed embroidery along the hem of my gown which can be described as simple yet elegant. They all said I looked pretty, I will only believe that when I see the same appreciation from Jiyongs' eyes. I do not want to be pretty for anyone else but him.

Its so funny cause I just arrived yesterday and here I am about to walk down the isle. Jiyong and Mama Stella took care of everything for me and now I feel like a princess about to marry my prince. I loved pastel colors and the way that the path going to the main church was decorated tells me they knew what I wanted. Roses of different pastel colors lay along the path to the church. The scent and the color tells me this is my special day indeed. I do not know who will attend my wedding since I did not have a hand in the preparation but I trust that my future husband knows what I truly want. I stopped at the door of the church and my dad stood beside me as he held my elbow. I miss my mom she would have loved to be here today.

"You look beautiful Dara, I'm so proud." he was looking at me and I can see that he is holding back his tears which hopely are tears of happiness for me.

"Thanks dad." I blushed.

"Shall we?" he offered his arms for me to hold and the doors of the church opened. Our wedding coordinator was right, she said I would feel nervous the moment the door opens and I can feel my knees already wiggling of nervousness. She told me to look only at my future husband and I will be fine. So I searched the front of the altar and there I saw my love. He looked so handsome in his black tuxedo and he was looking at me smiling. And every step closer to him is making my heart beat faster out of anticipation and excitement, I am going to be Mrs Kwon after an hour and I am excited to know how will that feel.  I could not see the people around me although I can hear the ooohhhs and ahhhs and I seem to remember hearing the voice of Bom somewhere because my mind, my heart, my soul is focused on the man waiting for me at the altar.

"Jiyong promise to take care of my daughter" my dad released my arms and gave my hand to Jiyong who was looking at me. He looked at my father and said.

"Dad thank you for giving me your daughter, I will take care of her as long as I live." and then he winked at me as he took my hand and held it , I most definitely blushed. I know cause I can feel it.

"You are definitely the most beautiful woman in the world for me, thank you for allowing me to marry you." he whispered to me before the wedding ceremony began.The whole event was solemn except at that moment when the priest asked Jiyong whether he would take me as his wife cause he answered loudly so fast even before the priest finished his line and the whole church laughed - excited much!! I tried to hold it in but in the end laughed with the guests and he blushed - he looked so cute...we were asked to recite our wedding vows and Jiyong was the first one to speak...

"A couple of years back you made a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter