Last Try

My favorite mistake (DG Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dara is there really no other way for you to reconsider and listen to Jiyong." her father was talking to her over dinner three days before she flies back to LA.

"Dad we've discussed this before there is nothing I can do for him, it's over." Dara replied. Although she is hurt by the whole situation she could not expose herself again to anymore of his lies and deception.

"I saw him today and he was like a zombie. He is not himself, he kept asking me about you, begging for me to allow you to talk to him. Dara I have known Jiyong all his life and never have I seen him like this."

Is it possbile that he is in love with me? Dara was surprised by her fathers' comment, his father never interfered with her decisions and choices and this is the first time he is siding with a guy.

"Jiyong loves you and you must believe this from a male perspective. I am a man and what I saw in him is nothing but sincere love for you. You have got to talk to him even if after talking to him you still feel the same then I will understand. Give him a chance."

"I don't know dad but okey I will go to the mansion one last time for you...but don't expect too much okey?"

"Okey I will arrange it with the ladies of the mansion "

The next day dinner was arranged so that Dara can say goodbye to the family. The dinner ran smoothly the only problem is Jiyong wasn't there which surprised Dara. She told herself that maybe he gave up already and though her heart is aching she tried not to dampen the mood of the dinner because of it.

She will miss him and she felt sad that they no longer have an opportunity to at least see each other before she leaves...Last night after talking to her father she realized that maybe she's been jumping to conclusions and that maybe Jiyong deserved to be given a chance. But alas he's not here... she is also having a hard time to accept that everything will just end like this.

They were sitting at the lanai when Mama Stella took her hand and said..."Please forgive me for creating a rift between you and Jiyong. We asked him to take care of you upon your return not only because we wanted you to stay away from TOP but because we wanted to provide Jiyong the opportunity to profess his love for you. He's been in love with you for the longest time.  My son never loved anyone the way he loved you and we knew that if we ask him to take care of you he will do it. Can you forgive this old lady for her mistake..."

"Mama its not your mistake, it was I who made the wrong assumptions."

"Dara is there no other way for us to stop you from leaving the country?"

"I'm sorry mom but I need to go back to work and fulfill my employment contract." All of a sudden she wanted to stay."But don't worry I will definitely  come home as soon as I have the chance."

"I feel so bad that whenever you are leaving something like this happens. I just wish you and Jiyong can talk before you leave."

What can she say? She has to leave for Manila tomorrow and stay there overnight so she won't miss her early morning flight the next day. If Jiyong really wanted to talk to her he should have attended the dinner.

She noticed that the Dona Marina is trying to read through the magazine she gave her. She told them that this is the magazine where she is working as an editor. The old lady was blinking trying hard to read the magazine.

"Mama where are your eyeglasses? You can barely read the magazine." Mama Stella was looking at Dona Marina who was having a hard time reading the magazine.

"Grandma where are your glasses let me get it for you." she stood up to help the old lady find her glasses. To her surprise the two old ladies looked at each other. She thought that maybe they were shy to ask her to retrieve it for her. "grandma it's okey, where can I f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter