Eight

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

I woke up to loud knocks on my door. I covered my ears with my pillow as I groaned out of annoyance. 

"Yah! We have to go to the store to get the for the trip!" He shouted as I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"If you don't get up right now, I'm coming in your room!" He shouted once more.

Goddammit, curse my house for not having locks on my door! 

"Wait! I'm up, I'm up!" I yelled, frantically running into the bathroom since I was half .

What a bastard. I angrily huffed as I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes. I grabbed my purse and opened the door.

"That took you a good ten minutes, wow." He looked at his watch.

"You bastard." I glared.

"Hey, we still have to get things for the trip tomorrow. You didn't even pack yet." 

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I rolled my eyes and walked downstairs.

"So what do we need?" 

"Toothbrushes, toothpaste, money, cheesecake, and in your case an actual suitcase." I smiled sweetly.

"Well damn ________, can't you be a little nicer to me now that I'm homeless? Wait, cheesecake?" He pouted.

"You aren't homeless, I'm just your temporary room-mate. And yeah, cheesecake. I really want some." I laughed as I got a granola bar.

"I love cheesecake. Anyway, now that we live together, do you have any house rule besides never going in your room?" He asked.

"Hmm....I don't think so." I shook my head hesitantly. 

"Good, so people can come ov-" 

"Definitely not." 

"Why not?" 

"Because I don't like people. Them being in my house is an invasion of privacy." I rolled my eyes.

"What if I have group or partner projects?"

"Then they can come over, just....tell me beforehand. They can't find out we're living together." I answered.

"Why...?" 

"Think about it. I'm the school nerd and you're the school jerk. Rumors will start and stupid girls who like you won't leave me alone." I shrugged.

"You still think I'm a jerk?" 

"As a boyfriend, yes." 

"Huh." 

"But you're a good friend." I smiled apologetically just in case I hurt his feelings. 

"Gee thanks." He rolled his eyes as I threw away the wrapper of the granola bar I had just finished.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go!" I practically ran out the door.

We got in the car and started going towards the store. I got distracted off of whatever he was saying by my own thoughts. How did I go from hating him to living with him in like two months? He's a fun friend but I hardly know anything about him. Would that make me his acquaintance instead? I would consider him as now one of my best friends, but does status even matter? I'm not looking for flings or short friendships-

"Yah!" 

"What?" I jumped.

"Do you always get distracted during car rides?" He chuckled.

"No. I just.....think a lot." 

"What were you thinking about?" 

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"Really? I called you three times and you didn't even flinch." He rolled his eyes.

"It's nothing important." I said as we got out of the car and walked into the store. 

I tried to go through a checklist of things that I needed to buy but the only thing that I thought of was clothes for _________. I know he has some at his house and that he can borrow some of Jayden's during the trip, but while he's at my house, he doesn't have much to wear. Not that I mind him being . 

"Hey, where are you going? The toothbrushes are over here." He pointed in the opposite direction.

"Oh, umm, you can go get them, I have to go look at something first." I gave him a smile and walked over to the clothes section. 

There were so many options of the same type of clothing and I had no idea what his size was! How am I supposed to figure out his size?! God, I need Jayden. I thought as I dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I need your help."

"Okay, hit me." He cleared his throat.

"What's _______'s clothing sizes?"

"Wait, wh-"

"Just answer the question!" I impatiently hissed.

He hesitantly told me his size, not really sure either. 

"Okay, thanks." I said as I was about to hang up.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Why do you-"

"Don't you dare say anything to anybody, bye!" I hung up the phone and walked around.

I went around looking and honestly, it took me a really long time to find some things that caught my eye. I didn't even really know how far I went, I just followed the trail of good looking clothes. They were three pairs of jeans that were different colors and styles since I figured he'd like a variety. And one dark gray button down shirt, and two v-neck t-shirts that were black and white. I was just about to grab one more when my phone rang.

"Uh, hello?" I answered, struggling to hold all the clothes with one hand.

"Hey, where are you? I bought everything we needed." 

"What?! Already? Wait, you paid already?"

"Yeah, where are you?"

"Man, I wanted to split the cost!" I pouted, grabbing clothes from a rack and putting it out in front of me to look at it.

"It's fine, where are you?" He asked, and sounded...worried?

"Uh....I'm in the men's clothing....."

"What are you doing there?" 

"Uh......."

"Okay, just stay there, I'm coming." He chuckled and hung up.

I checked the clothes that I picked out and made sure they were all the sizes that Jayden told me. I wonder if I picked out the right colors for his taste. It looks good to me though, if he doesn't want the shirts, I'll take it. It can fit in with my collection of big t-shirts!

"Whatcha doin'?" He asked as I turned around.

"Looking for some clothes for you?" I slightly smiled.

"What, no, no, no, you really don't have to." He shook his head vigorously. 

"Awe, come on~ you don't have anything to wear and I'll feel bad." I whined.

"No, please _________, I can't accept that much from you. You already let me live with you." He said.

"Come on! I insist!"

"No."

"Please? I want to buy them for you." I said.

"I can't accept it."

"But, please, please, pleeeeease?" I pouted.

"You've been here the whole time?"

"Yes."

"Looking for clothes for me?" 

"....Yes." A blush started to slowly creep its way on my cheeks as my eyes fell to the ground. 

"Then I guess I have to let you." He sighed.

"Yay! Let's go!" I ran towards the cash register with a huge grin. 

We left the store holding about four bags since we really didn't need that much. I sat in the passenger seat, hugging the bag of his clothes. The ride home was completely quiet, but it wasn't awkward. It was a happy, content type of quiet. 

"I can't believe you bought clothes for me." He shook his head as we sat down in the living room, setting up our things and getting ready to pack.

"I can't bel- OH MY GOD IS THIS CHEESECAKE?! DID YOU GET THESE?!" I yelled, excitedly grabbing the pack of cheesecake.

"Yes, I remembered how you told me you wanted some." He laughed.

"OH MY GOD, YOU ARE THE BEST ROOMMATE EVER! THANK YOU!" I exclaimed and practically threw myself on him.

"You're welcome." He hugged me back.

I ran to the kitchen to get spoons so we can eat while we pack.

"Okay, so what are you gonna do with your clothes?"

"I don't know, I'll probably just put it here and share a suitcase with Jayden." He shrugged.

"Mmmm." I agreed with a small nod.

"So we're gonna be spending the holidays together, that's gonna be fun." He commented.

"You don't sound too excited." I chuckled.

"I don't know, I'm not used to being around cold and snow." 

"Are you serious? It's the best!" I gasped.

"Well.." 

"Oh come on, don't stress about it. It'll be fun!" I insisted.

"I hope so." 

"Alright, I'm gonna go up to bed now. Nighty night!" I stood up as my back cracked.

"Okay, I'm gonna head up there too," He followed as we went upstairs. "Good night." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yah~ they seem fine living as friends, how weird~

Is something going to happen that will change everything?

Or are they just going to keep being friends?