Two

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

"Ughh~" I groaned, turning off my alarm clock. 

I dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready. I wore leggings with a t-shirt, simple really, and threw on my glasses. My parents were always in a different state or country so they're never home but I don't hate them for that, I understand the situation. We love each other a lot, it's just sometimes, things are hard. But, it's nice being home alone. I headed towards the bus stop when a car slowly pulled over next to me.

"Hey." The jerk smirked.

I continued walking on, ignoring his comments.

"Hey, come on, ______." He pleaded, he sounded almost.....desperate.

"What?" I sighed.

"You want me to give you a ride?" He smiled. It looked genuine. 

"Why?" I hesitantly asked, definitely confused.

"I don't know, I just noticed we lived in the same neighborhood and I wanted to know my neighbor." He said with a shrug.

"No, thanks." I shook my head and continued to walk to the bus stop,

"_______! Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but you can't hate me that much, you barely know me. Please give me a chance." 

"Give you a chance? How many times have you used that excuse?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What....please, I just want to be friends." I sighed.

I stood there for a while, weighing out my pros and cons. There were no pros for this. If any girl from school sees me in the same car as him, they will bully me mercilessly. I don't need that kind of drama in my life.

"I'm sorry, alright. I don't know why you're being nice all of a sudden, but it kind of freaks me out." I said and quickly ran to the bus stop. 

>>>

"You almost missed the bus?!" Lina exclaimed.

"Yes! Why is he being so weird?" I sighed.

"Maybe he likes you." Emily beamed.

"Like me? He doesn't even know me." I scoffed.

"Love at first sight~" She continued.

"Look at me, and look at him. We don't belong together." I insisted.

"But you could, at least, be his friend." Jayden popped up out of nowhere.

"Where did you come from?" I asked.

"My mom." He rolled his eyes.

Jayden's been in my group of friends for a long time. We've known each other since elementary.

"Why would I want to be friends with that ?" I crossed my arms.

"He seems like he's being nice to you, come on. It won't hurt to give him a chance." He lightly nudged my shoulder.

"Yeah man, chill out a little bit." Emily agreed.

"Hey, do what you think is right." Lina said.

The reason why I don't want to get close to him is because I don't want to fall for him. I just know I'll like him if we get close and that can't happen because he's a player. I don't want to hurt myself.

"You know what, fine." I rolled my eyes as we walked to class.

"Good morning class, your partners for the finals projects are posted on the wall by the door. Feel free to look before class starts." The teacher spoke.

"Hey, we're together!" Emily and Lina high-fived each other.

"I'm with Daisy, huh, I guess that's cool. Who'd you get?" Jayden asked as my jaw dropped to the ground.

"________." I said, partially stunned.

"Use protection!" Emily joked.

"Can you shut up?!" I exclaimed and rushed to my seat.

"Wait, do you like him?" Jayden gasped.

"What, no! Stop it!"

"Awe~you do!" Emily screeched.

"N-no, I just think he looks hot, that's-"

"Who looks cute?" He walked into the room as we all stopped talking.

"Nobody." Jayden shrugged and gave me a wink before taking his seat as the bell rang.

His POV

"So we're partners for the finals project." She spoke, looking at me for the first time.

"Really?" I smiled, genuinely hoping she knew that I was serious about being friends.

"Yeah, so what do you want to do for it? Any ideas?" She asked, pen tapping on her notebook.

"We just have to write a story, right?" 

"Ummmm...yeah, we have to write a story, any genre, and it has to be at least five pages." She nodded.

"Hm..okay, how about a rom-com?" I asked.

"Yeah, it sounds good." She agreed.

"So you want to work on this at my house today after school?" I questioned.

"Can we do it at my house? I'm more comfortable there." She asked, shyly.

Awe, cute.

"Yeah, no problem." I reassured her.

"Alright, you know where my house is, you can come any time after school." She said.

"I look forward to working with you." I beamed.

"You don't have to talk all sophisticated." She said, amused.

"Oh, haha~sorry." I sheepishly scratched the back of my head.

"You know what, I'll give you a chance." She smiled.

"W-what?" 

"We can be friends." She said.

"Thanks." I grinned as she laughed.

"Alright, I'll see you after school!" She waved as the bell rang.

Your POV

I quickly got in the house to change because it was only a matter of minutes before _________ was going to come over. I have to look presentable. I changed into a pair of shorts and a big t-shirt that covered the shorts and went down to my knees. This was what I usually wore at home anyway. Ya know, I think he's actually not that bad, he seems kind of fun. I felt guilty for judging him so fast. I went to the living room with the homework criteria and got on my phone.

RING RING RING

Oh, that must be him. I smiled and went to open the door. He was wearng a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. God, he looked good. Wait, no, he looks okay, we're just friends.

"Hey~" I smiled, a little taken aback at seeing him wearing glasses for the first time.

Huh, I never knew he wore glasses too.

"Hey." He came in.

"Sorry, I'm not a very....organized person." I scratched my head.

"It's okay, I'm not either." He chuckled.

We settled down in the living room as I sat on the floor with my laptop and he beside me. 

"The project's due in two weeks so I don't think we have to rush." I thought out loud.

"Yeah, we can just establish the main characters and plot for today." He agreed.

"Alright, so it's a rom-com, right? What's the plot?" I asked.

"Hmm, love triangle?" He suggested.

"I don't know, sounds kind of cliche....but I guess that'll be fine." I said as I typed it into my laptop.

"Characters could be Julie and Liam." I said.

"Yeah, sounds good, but we need one more character for the love triangle. How about Haeun?" 

"Yeah, that works. I'll start to write the first page." I said.

>>>

"Okay, do you have anything to eat? I'm kinda hungry." He asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry. I don't have a lot of food except for ramen, because I'm not that crafty with food." I said as I walked to the kitchen with him behind me. 

"Are your parents not home? Oh wait, do you have parents? I'm sorry if-"

"It's okay," I laughed. "They're just never home because of their jobs." 

"Oh, maybe I can make us dinner. How long has it been since your parents have cooked for you?"

"Oh no, you don't have to do that, it's fine." I shook my head.

"I want to, you can't just keep eating ramen, it's not healthy."

"Oh, stop being a smart-." I joked.

"I'm gonna cook for you and you're gonna eat it, okay?" He said, sternly. 

"Fine, do what you want. " I sighed as I headed back to continue to work on the project.

After writing about a half a page, I went off-track and got distracted. I was texting my friends on twitter and messing around on youtube, checking out some new releases. I laughed once in a while as I texted my friends. I was playing music and the lyrics sometime caught me off-guard, making me comment to myself. 

"You good over there?" He asked, amusement in his tone.

"Huh? Yeah." I nodded.

"Are you done with the first page?" 

"I'm done with half of the page." 

"Come on." He laughed.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." I joined the laughter.

"Food's ready if you're hungry." He said.

"Are you serious? Hell yes, I'm hungry." I practically ran over to the kitchen.

"I present to you a very improvised version of kimchi fried rice." He smiled.

"Woah~ I didn't know you can cook. Where'd you learn this from?" I asked as I got us some bowls and spoons.

"Oh, ya know, my mom." His eyes slowly went to the ground.

"Oh..." I paused, realizing I might have accidentally said something insensitive. I wanted to know but didn't want to ask, it seems like a personal thing, and I'm not planning on getting too close to him anyways.

"Sorry if it's not that good, it's been a while.... since... I've made it." He said, extremely focused on me as I got the rice into my bowl. I took a spoonful and led it straight into my mouth.

"It's good." I gave him a reassuring smile. 

"Thank you." He nodded.

We ate in an awkward silence as my mind scrambled to try to find something to talk about. Never in a million years would I ever think I'd be friends with him, I mean, I hated him. 

"Sorry for calling you a nerd..when we bumped into each other that one day." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what?" I joked.

"Shut up." He laughed.

"Are you done? I'll do the dishes." I offered as I got up.

"Yeah, thanks, I'll check what you have so far and build on it." He nodded as I headed to the sink.

Wow, he can cook, he looks good, and he's smart? Talk about the whole package. Wait, no, stop. He may be a good friend, but he is definitely not a good boyfriend. Get your together, it's not like you've been liking him..actually you have, but it's nor like he'd ever like you. Yes, I've had my eye on him for some time now. As much as I'd hate to admit it, I've just starting to get over him recently by forcing myself to believe that he was a complete bad guy, and then this happens. 

"So...you want Liam as a nerd and Julie as a delinquet?" He asked as I wiped off my hands on the towel. 

"Yeah, why? Is it not good?" I walked over to where he was. 

"No, no, no, I was just making sure. So tell me where you're going with this." He looked over at me as I sat down.

"I was thinking he finds her working at her part time job, thinks she's cute, keeps bothering her at her job, and ya know, it goes on from there." I explained.

"Hmm, yeah, sounds good. So the first page will be a description of their backgrounds. Then in the second page, we'll describe their daily routine-"

"Then in the third page, we'll write about how he found her at her job, fourth and fifth page could be their relationship development." I nodded.

"Yeah, man, we are about to ace this!" We exchanged high-fives.

It was getting late, I noticed as I wondered if he was planning to stay. I had no problem if he was, because there is plenty of room here. I've always stayed alone for so long that his company was getting dangerously addictive. I didn't want to bring up the subject, secretly afraid he was going to leave. 

"Here, I finished the page you started, check it out." He fixed his glasses and handed me the laptop.

"Alright, hey, I didn't know you wore glasses." I said.

"Oh, yeah. I have really bad vision." He sighed.

"Why don't you ever wear your glasses then?" 

"Because....I don't know, that's a good question." He shrugged.

"Hmm." I said as I read over the page.

"So? Is it good?" 

"Yeah, it's great!" I exclaimed.

"Great! Four more pages to go! Well, four more pages if we want to pass." He chuckled as I joined.

"Yeah." 

"Hey, did you get the notes for chemistry? I wasn't paying attention." He said, grabbing a notebook out of his book bag.

"Of course, you didn't." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, at least I showed up." He laughed.

"Here you go. Thanks for reminding me, we have chemistry homework." I said as I handed him the notes.

"Oh yeah~" He nodded.

"God, I hate chemistry. It's so confusing." I sighed as I got out my calculator.

"Really? It's easy to me." He shrugged.

"I didn't ask you." I sassed.

"I can help you." He offered.

"....Really...?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah, here, look. You get the answer by plugging this number into this equation. It's like algebra." He pointed at the paper with a pencil.

"Oh, huh, okay." I yawned, absorbing the information.

"Awe, looks like someone's sleepy." He chuckled.

"I'm not." I sighed as I did my homework.

"Sure, you're not." He shook his head.

The last thing I remember was the clock reading 12:47AM. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oooooo~ the two are

getting surprisingly close~

Did he stay the night? Or did he leave?

Is she liking him out of the desperate 

feelings of loneliness or something else? 

Comment and subscribe to find out soon!