Twelve

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

"Wow~ who are you and since when did you live here?" A guy walked up next to me. He wore a pair of normal blue jeans and a black t-shirt that blended in with the night sky.

I was walking home since I had wanted to get a quick snack and the convenience store was only a few blocks away.

"Um, I don't live here, I'm just visiting with some friends." I replied, scanning the stranger.

He looked like he was my age and surprisingly goodlooking despite the way he talked. 

"Oh~ hey, me too! I'm Liem. You look familiar.....what grade are you in?" 

"Tenth, you? I'm _________ by the way."

"Oh, nice name. I'm a junior, do you go to Hwarang High?"

"Yeah! How-"

"I go there too!"

"Man, that's weird, I've never seen you there." I said.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you either. It's probably because you're a year younger than me." He nodded.

"Yeah, probably. So how's junior year?" I asked.

"I wouldn't know," He scratched the back of his head. "I skip a lot."

God, why is it that every guy I meet turns out to be a delinquent?! 

"Why?"

"It's just....boring." He shrugged.

Oh, a smart bad boy, huh?

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I know most of those things already, it's pretty self explanatory." 

"Oh, I guess you're right."

"Yeah, are you one of those people that are-"

"Nerds? Yep." I nodded.

"Ha, you're funnny." He chuckled.

"How so?" I tilted my head up to look at him.

"You're not like any other girl I've met." He said.

Was that supposed to be a compliment? 

"I guess that-"

"Yah! Where have you bee- Liem?" The annoying jerk yelled from the porch of the house and froze as soon as he saw us.

"Oh, you're friends with him?" Liem asked. 

It seems like both boys were shocked at each other's presence.

"You guys know it each other?" I asked.

"Sure." Liem smirked.

"We were on the football team together." The jerk spoke slow as he approached Liem.

"Huh. How funny." I said as I took notice of their expressions. The atmosphere was heavily tense and neither boy moved.

"Your girlfriend?" Liem nodded at me as the smirk stayed plastered on his face.

"No." 

My heart sank. For some reason those two letters....just had a depressing effect on my mood.

"Good-"

"What's it to you?" 

"If you would've let me finish, you would've known. I was going to say that I like her, she's pretty cool." Liem shrugged.

Like me? We barely know each other!

"You. Need to back off." He stepped closer to Liem.

"Why? You aren't dating her. Maybe you need to back off." Liem crossed his arms across his chest.

"I'm warning you now." He said before grabbing my wrist and leading me inside.

"What the hell was that about?!" I asked as I yanked my wrist from his grip.

"Nothing, ju-"

"Nothing? Really? What do you have against him so much that you wouldn't let me go near him?" I challenged. 

"He's a jerk! Didn't you see him?!" 

"And so what if he's a jerk?! That has nothing to do with you!" I yelled and ran to my room.

Who the hell is he to try to control who I see?! He tells people we aren't dating yet we sleep in the same bed. He acts like he hates me then goes around grabbing my hands. I am not a toy for him. I locked my door and curled up on my bed. Maybe some sleep will help me. I glanced at the clock, 10:01PM.

 

 

I looked up at my alarm clock, 2:37AM. Tomorrow is Christmas, or I mean it'll be Christmas in the morning. I was laying in bed. After everything that happened today, how am I supposed to face him? First, it looked like we were having and then I yelled at him. Liem seems like a nice friend, I wouldn't date him. I just wanted to know why he was so against it. I want him to stop playing with me. How much more could I take....? I rolled over to my side and bumped into something or rather someone. I stared up at the face in front of me. How the hell did he get in my room if I locked it?! Dammit, everything I do always backfires! I angrily poked his cheek with a huff and turned the other way.

Anyway, I wonder who my secret santa is. I literally brought Jayden an ugly sweater for Christmas. I'm terrible at being secret santa. I hope he won't throw it away because it's not that ugly. I sighed and clutched my pillow close to my chest.

>>>

"WAKE UP, IT'S CHRISTMAS ES!" Emily ran through my room.

"Jesus, I know." I chuckled and got up.

"LET'S GOOOOO! Wake your boyfriend up." Emily said, earning a glare.

"He's not my-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Lina rolled her eyes as they left the room.

"He's not my boyfriend, hmph." I mumbled under my breath as I walked over to his side of the bed.

"Yah. Wake up." I poked his cheek.

Nothing. 

"Fine, don't wake up." I shrugged and walked away. Suddenly something grabbed my wrist. Or rather someone.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked, eyes still closed.

"Wake up." I ignored his question.

"I am awake, answer me." He demanded.

"Yeah, I am." I pulled away from his grasp and went into the bathroom.

I changed into my panda onesie as everyone else did the same except they were all different animals. The onesie thing was my idea and it made me happy and excited that the others liked it. I went back to my bedroom to put the clothes away.

"Yah, it's Christmas." The jerk spoke as he approached me. In his bear onesie. 

"Gee, really?" I held in my laughter.

"I meant it's Christmas so you shouldn't be mad." He rolled his eyes.

"Fine. I'll be mad at you after Christmas." I shrugged.

"Yah, I'm serious." I glanced at him. He made no attempt to make eye contact.

"So am I." I retorted.

He walked out of the room with a deep sigh. I couldn't tell if he was mad. Is he mad at me? What's his problem with Liem anyway? I simply shrugged and followed him out to the living room.

"What happened?" Jayden whispered.

"Nothing." I said with a small pull of my shoulders as I sat down in the dining room.

"Doesn't feel like nothing~" Lina spoke softly, careful to not let anything drift to the jerk's ears.

"Yeah, he looks pissed." Emily nodded.

"I didn't do anything." I lied.

"Okay, okay. Well, hurry up and eat. We can open presents after." Emily said.

After we ate, I was washing the dishes while everyone moved the presents into the living room. 

"Okay, so what do I need to do to make you forgive me and forget that loser?" He asked as he leaned on the kitchen counter.

"Waeyo? He seems like a really nice person. What do you have against him?" I challenged.

"I know him. That's all you need to know-" 

"That's not enough reason for me to not be friends with him." 

To be completely honest, I was just playing with him to see his reactions. I simply wanted to know why he was so against it. 

"Maybe he's jealous!" Jayden popped his head into the kitchen.

"Of what?" The jerk crossed his arms.

"Of Liem, you dip." Jayden rolled his eyes. 

"You know him too? Why does everyone know who he is but me?" I sighed.

"We just knew him because he was in the football team, ya know, before....we....quit." He hesitantly finished.

"Hmm...so is he really a bad guy like ________ said?" I glared over at him.

"I mean I don't know him like that." Jayden shrugged and left to help the others who were yelling.

"See? You should just trust me." The jerk nodded.

"Why?" I crossed my arms.

"Fine, don't believe me then." He shrugged and followed Jayden.

>>>>

He needs to stop bothering me. Good lord, why does he always try to play with me? One minute he doesn't care and lets be go out at night by myself. Then the next, he suddenly wants me to trust him. Yeah sure, I trust him like a friend. But as anything else? Ha. Fat chance. He dated an acquaintance of mine once. Dumped her on Valentine's Day. He didn't even remember her name. Why would I want to be in that situation? Everything is a game to him. Wait.....why am I thinking about dating him? What the hell. Am I- 

"Yah! We're doing presents!" Lina yelled.

"Jesus, I'm coming!" I replied and ran out. I sat between Lina and Jayden.

"Alright, who's going first?" Lina asked.

"Um....I guess I'll go first," Emily said and got up.

"Okay, so I got to buy something for Lina. I knew how you always wanted a purse so I got you one. It's not big branded cause I'm not rich but you know, it's good enough." Emily finished and handed the wrapped up gift to Lina.

"Awe, thanks! I'll go next!" Lina said and stood up.

"Damn, I want a purse." I joked.

"Okay, so I got Emily. I know how she likes hockey and all that so I got her this." Lina held up the t-shirt with the name of a hockey team on it. 

"Oh my god! It's the best! Thank youuuu!" Emily said as they hugged.

"Alright, who's up?" Lina asked.

"Um...I guess I'll go," I snickered as I grabbed the wrapped up box. "I got Jayden and he's always whining about wanting a sweater so I bought him one." I handed him the box.

"Awe, thanks," He accepted the box and carefully unwrapped it. He took it out and wore it over his clothes.

"It's perfect." He smiled.

"Thank god, I thought you'd think it was too ugly or something." I laughed.

"Nope, it's perfectly ugly. I guess it's my turn now," Jayden stood up. "Here bro. You've always been talking about how you never had Jordans." 

"Awe~ man, you are the best! Thanks, man!" He chuckled.

"No problem." Jayden smiled.

"Alright, you're the last one." Emily pointed to him.

"Well, I had _______. Hopefully, she won't be mad after seeing her present." He grinned.

"So where is it?" Lina asked.

"Let me go get it." He ran into Jayden's room.

"What do you think he got you?" Jayden asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged, not expecting much.

"Okay," He dragged out a stuffed animal. It looked bigger than me! 

"Here it is!" He said as he handed it to me. I stood up to accept it. The bear was literally my size. It was adorable! 

"Oh my god, this is so cute!" I exclaimed.

"You like it?" He asked.

"I love it!" I yelled.

"Good." He smirked.

Aigoo....He can only be nice for five minutes. Back to that smirk...I oughta smack that off his face.

"Well, now what?" I asked as I hugged the stuffed toy.

"Now, we drink some hot chocolate, eat some cookies, and watch Christmas movies!" Emily exclaimed.

"Great!" Lina agreed as she the TV. 

We watched several movies as we all sat in front of the big screen. I sat next to the jerk on the couch (how ironic) as everyone else sat on the floor. I felt my eyes slowly begin to close as my head started tilting. Am I getting sleepy already? What the hell......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys~

Merry Christmas and 

Happy New Years! I hope your winter 

break will be fun!