Nine

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

"WAKE THE HELL UP, WE'RE LEAVING IN FIVE, YOU LITTLE !" Emily practically broke in my house.

"OKAY, OKAY WHAT THE HELL!" I immmediately scrambled out of bed and ran for the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I grabbed my purse and ran downstairs, still a little groggy. My suitcase was already downstairs so I just had to pull it out to the car.

"Did we forget to tell you the time?" Lina chuckled.

"Yes, the you did." I hissed.

"Sorry, I thought I did." She smiled apologetically with a small shrug.

"Alright, Jayden, Lina, and me are going in his car and you guys are together, okay? Okay." Emily pointed to me and ______as she got in her car.

"What's her problem?" I whispered.

"She also woke up late." 

"How ironic." I scoffed.

"Alrighty, see you when we get there!" She waved as I returned the action.

I slowly got in the passenger seat holding a pillow close to my chest.

"Ready?" He asked with a smile.

"Sure, I'm gonna sleep." I said, sinking into my seat with a small sigh of satisfaction.

"Alright, I'll try not to wake you up." He winked as I rolled my eyes and slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

His POV

Friends? Sure. But eventually, she'll fall for me. And that's all that matters. I don't know why but she just has this effect on me. I want her to fall for me and I have no clue why. She hates guys like me but I swear I can change. I haven't dated anybody since I've moved in and that's a personal record.

"Hey, are you awake?" I asked.

Nothing.

Maybe that's a good thing that she's sleeping, she won't have to see me wear my ugly glasses. Yes, I am practically blind without them but you know, bad boy here. She must've slept really late last night. I glanced over to see if she really was asleep and of course. She was completely knocked out. Her eyes were closed as her chest slowly rose up and down with her even breaths. Her head was leaned entirely to one side. God, that's gonna kill her when she wakes up. I debated for a good five minutes before calling Jayden at a stoplight. 

"Yello?"

"Hey do- yello? Really?"

"Yes, what do you want? I'm kind of busy driving." 

"You think we can stop real quick at a gas station or something?"

"Dude, we've only been driving for two hours." 

"Yeah, I know, ju-"

"What, are you tired?"

"Are you lost? Oh wait, no I see you right behind me." 

"No, dude, come on, yes or no?" I sighed, frustrated.

"I'm just playin', yeah, sure. I'll find one." He laughed.

"Alright, bye." 

I intended to throw the phone in my cupholder but I missed terribly and it landed on ________'s thigh. How am I supposed to get my phone without looking like a ? Good lord, why must I be cursed like this. Let's hope no one calls me.

I sighed with relief as I saw a gas station ahead and turned after Jayden. We parked next to each other as I slowly got out of the car.

"Hey, you hungry or something?" Jayden asked.

"Not really." I shrugged and walked over to the passenger side.

"Is she sleeping?" 

"Yeah."

"Everyone's knocked out in my car too." He snorted.

I cautiously opened the door and gently placed her head back up while leaning the seat back so her head wouldn't lean again. I marveled at the sight of her looking so peaceful. I ripped my eyes away, got my phone, and got out.

"What was that?" Jayden gasped.

"Nothing, her head was leaning too much." I rolled my eyes.

"Soo.....you like her?" 

"As a friend." 

"Dude." 

"What?"

"You know that's not what I meant." 

"Obviously no. What's wrong with you?" I smirked.

"Really? Because friends totally touch each other's thighs, huh?" He smirked, mocking me.

"How did- man, I really need to tint my windows." I sighed.

"So you do like her." 

"No!"

"Hmmm...alright. We're gonna buy some food just in case for later, you gonna get something?" He nodded towards the place.

"Yeah, sure." 

I have no idea what kind of food _______ likes other than cheesecake. God, why does everyone know everything about her but me? 

"I'm assuming you have no idea what ________ likes." Jayden smirked.

"Your assumptions are right." I sighed, defeated.

"Just buy whatever you like, she's not picky." He winked.

"Alright." I nodded, slightly unsure as we went around the gas station store.

It didn't take us long to finish as we paid the cashier and went back to our cars. After eating a snack, we were back on the road again.

I turned the radio on at a slow volume just in case to not wake ___________ up. She gets real cranky when she doesn't get enough sleep and when she's hangry that's a whole different person. I saw her from the corner of my eye, turning over on her side, facing me. I panicked. What am I gonna do? I'm wearing my glasses and look so freaking ugly! God, I hope she doesn't wake up. I bit down on my lip and glanced over at her. Oh well, it looks like she's not gonna wake up anytime soon so I shouldn't be that wor-

"Awe, look. You're finally wearing your glasses." 

.

"Ha, yeah." I shyly scoffed.

"How long was I gone?" She yawned.

"Eh, about a good three or four hours." 

"Woah, really?" 

"Yeah, what time did you even sleep last night?" 

"I don't know, we stayed up late to pack and I couldn't sleep that well last night." She shrugged.

"Huh, are you hungry? There's bags of food by your feet." I suggested.

"Oh, cool. What kind of food?" She asked and immediately sat up.

"Check it." I chuckled at her reaction.

"Woah~ yes! My dream junk foods!" She hollered as she grabbed a bag of mini doughnuts and a bag of chips.

"Don't eat too much of that, there's water on the side of your door." 

"I mean, you bought it." She said as she ate a powdered doughnut.

"Yeah, but that's because that's all I could find." I shrugged.

"Mmmm." She nodded as she simple ate with a smile. 

"Do you have a habit of leaning your head to one side?" I asked.

"What, like in my sleep or?" She looked at me.

"I don't know, like in general." 

"Yeah, like when I'm really focused on something it tilts to one side and when I'm sleeping too." She nodded.

"Hmmm." 

"Why?" 

"Your head was leaning over a lot when I was driving." 

"Oh, haha, sorry." 

"It's cool." 

"So how'd I end up like this?" 

"I tilted the chair back."

"While I was in it?" 

"Yeah." 

"Hm," She nodded. "So how long is this gonna take?" 

"Eh, I don't know. I'm literally just following Jayden." 

"Oh no, we're probably lost." She joked.

"At least we have food and water." 

I had this feeling that she was staring at me but I didn't know for sure since my eyes were on the road. Do I look that weird with glasses? Is there something on my face? Jesus, why are girls so complicated? 

Suddenly, Jayden's car pulled into a house. Not big but definitely not tiny either. It looked rather comfortable. I wonder whose house this is. 

"Woah." She gaped, wide eyed as her jaw dropped.

"This place looks nice." I agreed with a small nod.

"That didn't take as long as I expected."

"True." I got out of the car to walk over to Jayden's car as she followed.

"So whose place is this?" She asked Jayden.

"Apparently Emily's, it's her old house but no one lives here anymore so her family sometimes visits for vacations." He shrugged.

"That's cool." She said.

"Are they still asleep?" I pointed to the backseat.

"Yep, completely knocked out." He laughed as he stepped out of the car.

"Okay, we can just get the things out of the car first then wake them up after." She shrugged.

"Wait, someone's calling me, I gotta take this. Sorry!" I said and as my face dropped at the caller ID. 

"Hey honey, there's an emergency at home. Where are you?"

It was my mother. My stepmother to be exact. My actual mom had died when I was only four. I barely remember her voice, her beauty, it's all become.........faded. After her death, nothing was the same. My father became a gambler and owed money to the worst people. He ended up remarrying to a wonderful lady who he abuses regularly. She was a very gentle and kind person. She treated us like her own sons and never neglected us. 

"What's going on?" 

"Your dad's loan sharks....they're here-"

"What?! I'm coming, just hold tight!" I exclaimed as my eyes widened. I could feel my heart pounding with panic. 

"Is something wrong?" Jayden followed.

"No, there's just something I have to deal with. I'll come back tomorrow morning first thing, I promise!" I said and sped off.

Mom, please hold on. I can't lose you. You gotta stay strong. Please. I'm coming. 

Your POV

Huh. What was that about? Is he okay? 

"What happened?" I whispered.

"I'm not sure....." He shrugged with a worries expression. "But it's none of my business. He was in a huge rush and that rarely happens." 

"I guess not." I agreed as I pulled in the suitcases in the house. 

The interior of the house was astonishing. As I came in the house, the living room was right there. In it hung a chandelier hanging beautifully from the ceiling. There were two hallways that had rooms on either sides. It looked like it never ended. What a huge place compared to its exterior. I scoffed and placed the suitcases next to the suit.

Wait, where's my- . He left with my suitcase, didn't he? ing ! What was going on with him anyway? He was in such a rush he forgot about the damn suitcase! 

Truthfully though, I was beyond worried and confused. How is it that we've been friends for more than six months now and all I know about him is that he has a brother in college?! This bothers me so much, but it probably means nothing to him. I'll appear clingy and annoying then he'll probably ditch me. He's so unpredictable sometimes that it's frustrating! 

"Alright, everything's inside. I'm gonna find me a bathtub to bathe in." I told Jayden as he set down the last of the suitcases.

"Awe, why do I have to wake them up?" He whined.

"Because I have a bath to take." I stuck my tongue out at him and ran down a hall, peering through the doors to sneak a peak at each room.

I finally found it after a while and it was the biggest bathroom I've ever seen. I ran the bath as I locked the door and took off my clothes. I slipped into the warm waters and relaxed. Hey, it's actually big enough for me to lay in! I smiled.

I wonder if I never bumped into him on that faithful day, what would I be doing right now? Well, first of all, I probably would have my suitcase. And second of all, my feelings wouldn't be so......messy. I don't, no, I never know what to do around him. Sure I love him like any best friend. But as a boyfriend? Definitely not. That would be the day of my death. Players never quit. I could never believe anything he says regarding anything like that. But then again, who wo-

"You , I can't believe you thought you locked the door." Emily and Lina bursted through the door.

"What the hell?!" I glared.

"It's nothing we haven't seen before. Chill out." Emily rolled her eyes as she leaned on the door.

Oh yeah, that's true. I relaxed.

"Wow~I can't believe you guys were asleep for five hours." I shook my head.

"That's not why we're in here." Lina crossed her arms.

"Okay....then why are you here?" I asked.

"Didn't he tell you?" Lina asked, confusion spread all over her face.

"Tell me what?" 

"Oh. We thought he did. Maybe he doesn't want us to." Lina said, taken aback.

"It's not our business anyway." Emily shrugged.

"What are you guys talking about?!" I hollered and splashed a little bit of water.

"Nothing, don't mind us." Emily shook her head. 

"Oh, so you're just gonna watch me take a bath?" I sarcastically replied.

"No, bro, we have to shower." She rolled her eyes as I mimmicked her.

>>>

After we all got dressed, it was basically time for bed. Jayden was already knocked out from having to drive so long and we were also pretty tired from being in a limited space for that long. 

"Alright, ya'll know where your rooms are right?" Emily asked.

"Yeah." Lina and I nodded.

"Okay, good night!" She yawned as we went into our rooms.

"Good night!" 

My room was pretty yet plain. Everything was white and had no color. Kind of creepy actually. Wouldn't it be nice if I shared this room with someone? Maybe ____________? God, I can't stop worrying about him....

Maybe I should leave a text? Or call? But my mind was too strong; it overpowered my heart. Whatever I was feeling, I was definitely not dumb enough to give in to them. If I contacted him, he'd be arrogant enough to think he's on top of my priority list which he's not. 

Remember the last time you liked a bad boy? My conscience spoke. Yes, I remember. He used me and threw me away. Huh, how could I be that dumb? Love? What a stupid idea. Just a pathetic excuse I was a fool enough to believe in. I fought back the tears that threatened to fall. I will never love a bad boy again. Never again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Awe~ what happened the last time? Who did she fall for?

What happened with his mother? 

:P See you guys next week-ish~!!