Fourteen

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

I woke up to the huge teddy bear on my side. I sleep hugging things so this teddy bear is perfect! A smile spread across my lips looking at how adorable it was. I grabbed my phone and soon enough, it rang.

"Hello?" I groggily spoke.

"Hey," I heard Lina chuckle. "Are you awake?"

"No, of course not, I'm answering you because I'm still asleep." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, well, I was just asking you if you guys were gonna stay there for New Years." She said.

"Oh, uh, I don't know, call him." I replied.

"I did, he didn't answer. So, how is it being alone~?" She sang.

"Stop being weird, that jackass is annoying." I scrunched my face.

"Yet he volunteered to stay with you." 

"And? He-"

"Try to talk to him." 

"What do you think I'm doing? Everytime I try to talk to him, he either shuts it down or just smirk." I scoffed.

"Then make him." She said, nonchalantly.

"Hm, good idea." I nodded as we said our goodbyes and ended the call.

I went to the bathroom to get ready with my phone. I was about to leave until I noticed something. There was the outfit from the night I met Liem. A piece of paper caught my eye. What is this? I don't remember having this on me? I opened the folded piece of paper and there was a number on it as well as a signature. 

I like you, we should get to know each other more. Call me ;) - Liem 

Huh. Maybe I should. I shrugged my shoulders with a smirk as I left the bathroom. I walked into the kitchen to see him browsing on his phone. I quietly prepared my breakfast and sat across from him. There was an awkward silence between us but it didn't really bother me anymore, it started to become normal. I got out my phone and added Liem.

Hey, you left your number in my pocket?

Oh, I was about to think you didn't see it! Are you still here?

Yeah

Can you meet me at the coffee shop across the street from your house?

Uh, yeah, sure!

Meet me there in half an hour!

I smiled.

"Who are you texting?" He broke the silence.

"No one of your concern." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you texting Liem?"

"What the he-"

"I told you not to."

"Stop acting like my daddy, wait, that's not what I meant okay, you know what, nevermind." I left to go get my purse.

"Where are you going?" He raised an eyebrow.

"To the coffee shop across the street." I grabbed my jacket.

"Are you really not gonna listen to me?" He spoke monotoned.

"Nope, bye!" I waved and left. 

It was pretty cold outside but it didn't bother me. I just wanted to know something. I stepped into the warm coffee shop with a satisfied sigh. I found Liem and sat in front of him.

"Hey!"

"Hi! Did you order yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, hope you like cappucinos." Liem smiled and handed me the cup.

"Thank you, so what'd you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Nothin' much, just wanted to be friends. I was just joking the other night, you know, about liking you like that. I just wanted to bother ____________." He said.

"Hm? Why though?" I asked, taking a sip from my cup. 

"He just doesn't like me and it's funny to me when he's angry." He shrugged.

"Oh come on, that sounds so unreasonable." I scoffed.

"How so?" He chuckled.

"You have no reason to 'make him mad' all the time." 

"I don't, you're right. I just like challenging his reactions. I'm pretty sure you guys are dating." He calmly sipped his drink.

"M-mwo?!" I choked on my coffee.

"Y-yah, don't scare me." He stood up and patted my back.

"We are not dating." I said as he sat back down.

"Then why does it look like you guys are?" 

"Psh, when does it look like we're dating? That jerk will never be my boyfriend." I scoffed.

"Don't jinx yourself." He chuckled.

The rain suddenly came pouring down. My eyes widened and realized what Liem had said.

"What's that supposed to-" 

"You are really something, you know that?" There stood the jerk, soaking wet from the rain.

"Woah, dude-" Liem stood up as I did the same.

"We're going home." He grabbed my arm and dragged me out.

"What the hell-" One look from him and I knew he was definitely furious with me. I immediately shut my mouth and didn't fight. We walked in the rain all the way back. I didn't get soaked like he did because of my jacket and strangely, I worried about him. 

"Are you okay?" I asked as we entered the house.

He didn't answer. He laid down onto the couch in the living room, still soaked and all.

"You're gonna get sick."

"Why do you care?" 

The words hit me like lightening. You're right. Why do I care? 

"Because you're my friend." I said, a little too hesitant.

"Yeah, right." He scoffed.

"Just go change, you're soaked. You're gonna get sick." I repeated.

"Whatever." 

What's with his attitude? Dragging me off, and now giving me all this rudeness? Honestly, he needs to make up his mind. I went into my own room to change. I walked out to check on him, being the mom I am. He was laying down the exact way he was before but in different clothes. Did he really get sick?

I got up close to him as I brought a hand up to his forehead. Oh my god! He's burning up. Good god, I told him and he never listens! I huffed as I went to get a damp towel. I carefully laid it on his forehead and went to the kitchen. I put on some music and started to make some porridge. Suddenly, my phone rang. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey, how's your vacay?" Emily asked.

"What vacay? I feel like an old housewife." I scoffed.

"What happened?" 

"He was being a and got sick." I sighed.

"Well, then what are you doing?" 

"Taking care of his ." 

"Aigoo....and you say you don't like him." She teased.

"Yah, what are you talking about?" I frowned.

"Nothing~ hehe, I just called to check in on you, have fun!" 

"Wai- ugh!" I sighed and put my phone down. 

I put the porridge into a bowl and cautiously walked into the living room. I set the bowl down onto the table and shook his shoulder.

"Mmmm~" He groaned unwillingly.

"Yah, you have to eat." 

He shuffled in response. 

"Come on~ you're gonna die either by starvation or by me killing you." I said.

"You are so nice." He sighed and slowly sat up with my help.

"I'll get you some medicine after you eat." I said as I led the spoon from the bowl to his mouth. My hand couldn't help but shake.

"Ya know, I can eat by myself." He mumbled.

"You can't even sit up by yourself." I rolled my eyes.

He turned silent as he reluctantly ate from the spoon. The time seemed like it was passing by so slowly. The silence grew a familiar awkward.

"I'll get your medicine." I got up with a sigh. 

I handed him the pills and bottled water and simply watched him. Why do I feel so sad seeing him like this? Why do I....feel so weird? Maybe, it's nothing. I shrugged it off. I snapped back to reality as I noticed him. He fell asleep, peacefully breathing as his chest rose up and down. Mind you, he was still holding the water bottle. How cute. I chuckled. I cautiously took the bottle from his hand and placed it on the table beside him. I washed the bowl and headed to my room. Maybe there was something else to do.

I ended up reading a book that I've had for forever but never really read it. It was about a guy and a girl who were polar opposites that somehow got together. I was skeptical as I read the summary of the book but went ahead and read it anyways.

I was now halfway through the book. It's actually pretty cool. Don't judge a book by its cover. I chuckled to myself and walked out to the living room to check on him.

"Are you awake?" I asked in a hushed tone, advancing towards him.

"..yeah." He managed a groan.

"Are you hungry or need anything?" 

"Hm...no, I think I'm good." 

"Okay, well, it's late so I'm gonna get you your medicine and head to bed." I said, walking into the kitchen.

"Hm." He sighed as he drank the cup I gave him.

"Are you gonna sleep here tonight? Do you want me to help you to your room?" I asked, taking the cup from his hands and placing it on the table.

"I can walk to my room by myself." He hesitantly replied as he stood up.

"Are you sure?" I crossed my hands across my chest.

"Yes." He hissed and leaned on the wall for support.

"Oh come on, why are you so stubborn?" I followed behind.

"I'm no-" He tripped over his own two feet as I chuckled. 

"Well, I guess if you're doing fine, I'll just go." I grinned.

"Wait, help me first." He mumbled.

"But you said you could do it yourself." I feigned the innocence.

"You were right...........help me." He avoided eye contact. 

"You know, you're really weird when you're sick." I sighed and helped him up. I had his arm over my shoulder as my other hand wrapped carefully around his waist. Jesus, why is this kid so heavy? I laid him on the bed and stood still, admiring the quietness. 

"Goodnight." He said.

"Goodnight, if you need anything, just yell." I said and left.

Aigoo......it's only ten. Does he really think I'm going to sleep? I smiled to myself and sat on my bed, opening my book to continue. I was determined to finish this today.

After a while, I needed water so I went out to the kitchen to get a bottle. As I was coming back in my room, I decided to check up on him. Of course, I was sure he was fine but just in case. I slowly opened the door to his room. This boy was knocked out. I smiled at the sight of him being so peaceful.

I turned to leave until I noticed something. His blankets were on the floor, his hands gripped the hem of his t-shirt, and his face was completely red. He's not dead, right? I held the back of my hand against his forehead and frantically felt his cheeks. He's burning up! I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of ice. I placed it on his forehead and felt his arms and neck. His whole body was burning up. , he has to get undressed. I placed the bag of ice on the bed and cautiously took off his shirt and threw it to the side. I placed the bag of ice back on his forehead as I ran to get an ice cold towel. I gently dabbed the towel on parts of his torso. God, he has the immune system of a baby. I took the thermometer and slipped it into his mouth. After hearing it go off, I saw that his temperature had started to finally go down. I sat on the bed beside him. This jerk sure needs a lot of help. And to think, he was so stubborn earlier about me simply helping him walkGuess I'm sleeping here tonight. I yawned.

And to think, all I came out for was a water bottle. Speaking about that, where did I put my water bottle? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aaahh~! 

She saw him half !

Omg, what did I just write?! >.<