One

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

I woke up and got ready for school as usual. I am what the school calls a nerd. I don't hate it, I've rather embraced it. I'm in all advanced classes and it's not hard, just the amount of work is tiring. I am what you would call nerd in the day but a party at night, though, I tend to stick to my nerdy image because it really is kind of who I am. I headed out to the bus stop and waited. My phone vibrated as I saw a text pop up on my phone. 

Hey, have you heard that ________ got a new girlfriend? 

I scoffed. Of course he did. He's the biggest player in this whole school. He toys around with whoever he wants whenever he wants. I hate guys like that. I hate him. Sure he looks good, but he thinks he's all that and his arrogant aura pisses me off. 

No, but I'm not surprised. 

Right? They said that he was making out with her after school. Jennie, his now ex, saw them and apparently ran off crying. Poor girl. 

She knew he was a player, I don't feel bad for her.

Oh come on, have some sympathy. 

For what? Someone dumb enough to go out with a bad boy? 

True, but she can't help it.

Yeah, right. I rolled my eyes and got on the bus.

If you keep saying you hate him, you're gonna catch feelings for him.

Ew, don't even joke about that. That would be my biggest nightmare.

Haha, who said I was joking? :P

Cut it out! 

Haha, okay, okay, sorry.

You better be. 

The bus stopped at the next stop as some kids got on the bus. I put in my earbuds since I knew the bus was about to get louder and louder. I was used to this, I didn't hate anyone on this bus since they were either in my class or under classmen. I just don't talk to anyone because my friends are on a different bus.

Me liking that hell of a jerk? I got sick just thinking about it. He was in most of my classes and yet I bet he doesn't even know who I am. It's almost the end of the first semester so I expect this whole week to be simply projects, essays, and studying for finals. A stressful week that I'm ready to take on. With all of that, I would have no time for dating or any other distraction, especially from him. What a joke. He's not even my type. Is he even smart? God, who cares! I let out a frustrated sigh as the bus stopped in front of the school. I sat in the front so I was one of the first people to get off, thank god. 

"Hey! You're here early today." Lina walked up to me.

"Yeah, for some weird reason." I laughed.

My bus was never early but I guess today was an exception.

"So are you ready for this week?" She asked as we walked around the school.

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Mmm, same." She nodded.

"Did Emily tell you?" I asked.

"Tell me what?" 

"The jerk of the century got a new girlfriend." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh? Huh, that's surprising." She sarcastically answered.

"I know right? And then Emily told me to stop hating him or I'll actually like him! How dumb is that?" I huffed.

"Woah, calm down. Everyone hates him." She said.

"Clearly not everyone since he literally has a different girlfriend every week." I retorted.

"Okay, I meant everybody with a brain." She chuckled as I joined.

"True, can you even imagine me going out with him?" I shuddered.

"Going out with who?" Emily walked over to us.

"The jerk." I glared at her.

"Hey, I was just saying, it's not like you're really planning on dating him anyways." Emily defended.

"True." I nodded.

"But you guys will look cute~" Lina joked.

"Ew! Never in a million years." I said.

"Oh, come on, he's smart, good-looking-"

"And treats women like trash, no thank you." I said and walked to my locker.

"Hey man, we are just joking." Emily laughed as they followed.

"It's not funny." I shot daggers at her.

"Okay, okay, I won't do it again." She held her hands up.

"For now." Lina giggled.

"I swear." I sighed as I got my books and slammed my locker shut.

"We're gonna go get our things, see you in class!" Lina and Emily ran to their lockers as the warning bell rang.

"Alright!" I started to walk to class but was rudely bumped into.

"Hey! Watch where you're going nerd!" Someone spat directly at me.

The nerve! You were the one who bumped into me!

"Me? Maybe if you got your head out of your , you'd actually see where you were going, jerk!" I spat back and hurried to class. 

God, who does he think he is?! Wait......that couldn't possibly be _______....could it? I didn't get a good look at him at all but his voice sounded annoyingly familiar. , well if it was, I hope he learned a lesson to not mess with me especially in the morning. 

"Hey, what happened? You're usually here before us." Emily asked as I took a seat.

"Some jackass bumped into me." I snarled.

"Did you see who it was?" Lina asked.

"If I did, don't you think I would've told you?" I retorted.

"Okay, geez." Lina backed away.

The bell rang as everyone scrambled to sit down.

"Alright guys, we have a new seating chart so I'm gonna need you all to get up." The teacher said as the room filled with annoyed groans. We all got our things and went to a part of the room and waited. It took about fifteen minutes to get everyone settled into their new seats. Luckily for me, I was surrounded by my friends. The seat next to me was empty though, maybe the teacher said a name and I wasn't paying attention. I shrugged off the thought. Who cares? I can put my stuff on this desk then. 

The door bursted open as a tall guy walked in calmly. It's the jerk. Wow, finally showing up to class, huh? I scoffed and continued to work on my classwork. 

"Ah, _________, finally decided to join us, huh?" The teacher smiled.

"Yeah." He nodded. 

"Well, we got new assigned seats so let me see who you're sitting next to." She went to get her clipboard.

Please not me, please not me, please not me. I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed.

"_______ _________, she's right there, you'll be sitting in the seat next to her." The teacher smiled as my lip twitched in annoyance. 

"Oooooo~" My idiot friends started.

"Shut. Up." If looks could kill, they'd be dead.

"Weren't you the girl I bumped into this morning?" He smirked as he sat down.

I want to smack that smirk off of his face.

"Weren't you the that bumped into me this morning?" I spoke, never taking my eyes off the paper.

"Huh, witty, aren't you?" He chuckled.

I ignored him and focused on my work. I need to practice these for finals. I'm not going to let some jerk distract me from passing finals. 

"Hey. Pssst~ _____. Hey. Pssst. Psssssst." 

"What?!" I hissed.

"That answer's wrong." He pointed to my paper.

"Your face is wrong." I remarked.

"Hey, I'm just trying to help." He said.

"I didn't ask for your help." 

"What's your prob-"

"I don't know who you think you are, but not every single girl in this school worships you. Get over yourself and don't bother me." I spat.

That seemed to finally shut him up because he never spoke another word to me after that, thank god. Who does he really think he is? That stupid smirk, ugh, I hate him!

His POV

Huh, who does this nerd think she is? Acting like she knows me and all this . Sure, I'm not the best guy here but she isn't perfect either. And yet, for some strange reason, I feel so attracted to her. The way she looks when she's focused on something, the way her hair falls perfectly behind her ears, the way she moves her glasses when it slips off the bridge of her nose. 

"Look, Eunhae, I'm just not feeling it anymore." I spoke monotoned.

"What? What do you mean? We just started going out!" Eunhae's tone was unstable.

"I'm just not feeling it anymore." I repeated.

"People were right! You are just a selfish jerk! You don't care about anyone but yourself!" She screamed and left.

I'm not a selfish jerk. I just don't understand relationships. Most girls just want to "date" me because they think I look good or use me for popularity. Because of that, I've completely hardened into a statue. I don't take relationships seriously. My heart's stone cold. I'm the smartest in my classes yet my reputation makes people hate me. But this girl. This nerd that I've just noticed. She's really something. 

"Hey man, you wanna go shoot some hoops or something? You look kinda down." Jayde ran up to me. He is my best friend, he's known everything about me.

"Uh....sure." I hesitantly followed him to the basketball court.

"So, what's up?" He asked.

"Man, it's that nerd." I sighed.

"Who, ______?" 

"Yeah."

"What about her? You like her?" He gasped.

"What, no, no, no. She seems like she hates me." I denied.

"Of course she does, girls hate players man." He laughed.

"It's not funny." I glared.

"But I mean, why are you so interested in her all of a sudden?" He had a point.

"I don't know, are you friends with her?"

"Sure, she's friends with everyone." 

"Can you get her to not hate me? She won't even look at me man." I threw the ball as it bounced off the rim.

"So you do like her."

"No, stop it. I just.....want to be friends with her." I lied.

"Sure," He chuckled. "I'll try, but man your reputation as a 'boyfriend' is not good." 

"I know, man, I'm just trying to fix it. It when people hate you." I passed the ball to him.

"If only you knew that earlier, you'd be friends with her by now." 

"You know what, I'll do this by myself. There's got to be something I can do to get her to talk to me." I smirked.

"That's exactly what she's talking about, man. She hates your arrogance." He pointed.

"Its confidence. Not arrogance." I glared.

"Hey man, you're smart enough to know the difference. Tomorrow, they're assigning partners for our finals projects. Maybe you'll get paired up with her if you're lucky." 

"Oh, that's cool. I have most of my classes with her anyway." I nodded.

"Good luck." 

"Shut up, let's actually shoot some hoops now." I chuckled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yayyyy the first chapter is finally done~! So who thinks they'll really be paired up for their finals projects? LOLOLOL~

See you guys next time~ Remember to comment and subscribe! ^^