Just give me a smile

SMS - Secrets of My Savior


“I can’t believe this.” That was the first sentence that Taehyung said to Jimin when he visited him in jail. There was a layer of glass separating them and even through the dirty barrier Taehyung could tell that Jimin had been treated badly.

Jimin didn’t respond to Taehyung’s statement and chose instead to smile softly at him. Taehyung let out a sigh and his eyes softened. “I’m sorry Jiminnie.” He his lips before continuing. “How are you?”

“I’ve been worse.”

Taehyung knew full well what that meant, but he chose not to question him about directly. “How are they treating you?”

“Pretty okay actually, nobody’s touched me - which is surprising. It’s just… really lonely and the guards say some .”

“What do they say?”

“Nothing I’d want you to know about.”

Taehyung knew it would be pointless to try get an answer out of Jimin so instead he said, “I’ll make sure you get out of here.”

Jimin smiled at that, taking as Taehyung’s wishful thinking. “How have you been?”

“It’s been one day, but it feels like at least five have passed.”

“Don’t worry yourself too much about me. I’m fine.”

“I am worried and there’s nothing that can stop me from being so. You know that.”

Jimin sighed heavily. “I do.”

“Jiminnie…” Taehyung trailed off and broke eye contact.

“Yeah?”

“Even though you shouldn’t have done what you did I can’t say I’m not grateful to you.”

“He’s had it coming. Sick bastard.”

Taehyung stared at his fingers, intertwining them, squeezing and them pulling them apart. “I want to touch you.” The stress of the time he’d spent without Jimin, worrying about him and feeling lonely could be heard in his voice.

“Me too baby.”

Taehyung smiled at the pet name and recalled the first time Jimin called him that. “I’m not a baby.”

“That’s true.”

Taehyung looked up, confused.

“You’re not a baby. You’re my baby.”

Taehyung didn’t call him disgustingly cheesy because he’d missed Jimin saying things like that, even if it had only been one day. Taehyung realised just how much he’d grown used to Jimin as a part of his life. “Our friends say hi by the way. We’re gonna get you out for sure.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah. I don’t know the details, but you can believe me. It won’t be long now.”

“Okay. Tell them I say hi too and… I’m sorry for worrying you Tae.”

“You shouldn’t be sorry for anything.” Taehyung said sincerely.

“I still am.” Jimin smiled. The smile told Taehyung that he’d successfully cheered him up with the visit.

“When you get out of jail I’m gonna annoy the crap out of you.”

“I don’t mind. I actually missed my pain in the .”

They were laughing when one of the wardens came in. “Time’s up.”

Taehyung stood up slowly, the feelings of worry and loneliness seeping slowly back into his system. “I love you Jimin-ah.”

“Love you too Tae.”

With that Taehyung turned and left. The entire time, from the moment he left the room where he’d spoken with Jimin to the moment he stepped into their house, he told himself that all would be well and Jungkook would manage to get Jimin out of jail.

When he stepped into the house he suddenly felt stupid for feeling so attached to Jimin, but he squashed those thoughts with memories of his boyfriend and how much he meant to him. He was attached to him and that was valid because Jimin made his life better, but being with him had also made him a better individual. It was amazing how their memories and special moments together were stuck in his mind and he could access them like some sort of collection of video clips.


* * * * * * * * * *


It had been two days and three nights since Jimin went to jail. Their house had an empty feeling to it since that Friday night. Taehyung’s friends had tried to keep him company as much as possible, even offering to stay over. Taehyung had refused, saying that he was a grown man and he could handle it. He didn’t admit to anyone that he missed the feeling his boyfriend holding him or his hair until he fell asleep. He made sure to wear Jimin's shirt to sleep every night that Jimin wasn't there.

Now it was Monday morning and time to go to work. On that Sunday everyone had met and agreed that Jimin would be “sick” for Monday’s work day and Jungkook assured them that by Monday evening Jimin would be out of jail.

On his way to work Taehyung couldn’t help but feel excited. He just hoped that Jungkook could keep his promise. He didn’t doubt it much because the boy seemed very confident in his abilities, but there was always that little sliver of doubt at the back of his mind, but Jungkook had told him not to worry. According to Yoongi, Jungkook had been making some phone calls and had met up with someone during the course of that weekend. It seemed that Jungkook really hadn’t told Yoongi what he was up to.

Work was tiring that day from the time he walked in through the door. The only break he had was when he ate lunch with Yoongi and Jungkook, who told him that he looked like he needed to rest and offered to cover for him while he rested at home. Taehyung had appreciated the offer, but the next time he went to the house he wanted it to be with Jimin.

As the end of the work day approached Taehyung became restless. The vocal instructor noticed his inability to function properly and told him to go take a ten minute break. During that break Taehyung sat and thought about what he would do when Jimin got out of jail. First hug him (duh), kiss him (obviously) and then drive him home. He’d probably be really tired and want to rest so they should just chill. Their friends would want to see him too… Okay, fetch him, appreciate him, take him home, tell their friends that they could visit and afterwards have a beautiful sleep. Taehyung smiled – seemed like a good plan.

His mind turned to the fact that this is same the bench he was sitting on when Jimin confessed his feelings to him. That day was beautiful. He laughed at the thought of how flustered Jimin had looked when he had out of the blue told him that he thought of him as his boyfriend. It was a bit of an informal way for them to get together, but it was special nonetheless. All these years later and he still sees Jimin as an amazing human being, even though they fight a lot – usually over stupid and/or immature stuff.

He checked the time and jumped off the bench when he realised that he’s taken a fifteen minute break instead of a ten minute one. He just hoped the vocal instructor would understand.


- - - - -


Taehyung sat in his car in front of the jail he’d only visited twice before. He chewed his lip as he waited for the go-ahead from Jungkook. The boy had told him to go wait outside the jail until he was sure Jimin was allowed to leave.

He was so immersed in his own thoughts that he didn’t hear his phone ringing at first, but when he did realise that his phone was ringing he was quick to answer it. “Hello?”

“Hey Taehyung-hyung.”

“Hi Jungkook-ah… so -”

“You can go get him.”

“What do I do again?”

“Just go to the main gate and wait for him there.”

“Okay.”

He cut the call and jumped out of the car, making his way to the main gate. The guards there didn’t return the greeting he called out to them. He stood there awkwardly for a few minutes that dragged out to feel like hours. He’d started getting restless and walking around to keep his mind busy when he heard footsteps.

He looked up to see Jimin talking to the guards. He stayed where he was and waited for Jimin to finish talking to them. His looked pretty normal and as beautiful as Taehyung knew he was. For some reason Taehyung had expected a change in his appearance. Wow Taehyung, he told himself, it’s not like he was going to age drastically in three days just because he was in jail.

As soon as Jimin walked away from the guards Taehyung ran to him. It seemed that Jimin hadn’t spotted him before that moment because he looked pleasantly surprised before Taehyung jumped on him and wrapped his legs around his hips.

Jimin let out a small “Ooopfff…” and took a step back – probably to steady himself – before wrapping his arms tightly around Taehyung.  He giggled and the sound made its way directly into Taehyung’s ear. He could clearly feel Taehyung’s cheek pressed against his own with the same force that the legs around his waist had. “I missed you too Tae.” he said.

Jimin gasped as he felt Taehyung nuzzle his head into the juncture between his neck and shoulder. He realised that his boyfriend would not let go of him anytime soon and walked with him to the car that was hopefully not parked too far.

The day was moderately sunny with a light breeze and the parking lot was empty. Jimin walked right up to the car. “Taehyung-ah?”

“Mmm?”

“I don’t want to drop you.”

“Just lean against the car then.”

Jimin frowned before he understood. He put Taehyung’s back against the side of the car. He slowly and cautiously removed his arms from around where they were tightly wrapped around Taehyung’s waist, Taehyung doing the same with the arms around his neck. Taehyung rested his forearms on Jimin’s shoulders.

There was that rectangular smile Jimin had missed so much. When Taehyung had visited him he hadn’t shown that smile. Jimin returned the smile with a wide one of his own. He placed his hands on either side of Taehyung’s head, not bothering about the handprint’s he’d have to clean off the car’s windows at some point or the other.

“Hey baby.” Jimin said.

Even though Taehyung had previously disliked the pet name, there was adoration in Taehyung’s eyes. “Hi Jiminnie pabo.”

“Yah!” Jimin scolded with a smile.

Taehyung stuck his lips out in a ‘kiss me’ fashion and Jimin laughed before doing just that.


- - - - -


Namjoon and Soekjin were the last to arrive. Namjoon walked in carrying a stack of containers. “Soekjin-ah, like the darling he is, made us all food – with help from me of course” There was a chorus of grateful noises and cheers.

Hosoek was the one to start the topic. “So Jungkook-ah, care to share how you seem to have connections in high places?”

Jungkook blushed. “That’s actually what it is… I have connections, really big connections. Jimin-hyung won’t even have a criminal record.”

All the attention in the room was on him. “Okay… how exactly do you have these ’connections’?” asked Hosoek, surprised that his joke had turned out to be true.

“I was an heir to a really big and influential string of companies. I was trained since a young age to inherit everything when I got old enough. The thing is - I just never had a love for business. My passion was in the performing arts. I don’t have to tell you guys that it didn’t go down well with my family. Eventually though, they learned to accept it.”

“That’s sad, but at least they accept it now.” Soekjin said.

“Yeah, my uncles told me that if I am ever in need of help I shouldn’t hesitate to call them. The occasion never arose until now actually.”

“Okay… so why couldn’t you speak about this on that day?” Jimin asked, obviously having been caught up fully by his talkative boyfriend.

“My family had me under strict instructions not to tell anybody about this because they said I could be targeted by people to get to them. I had to wait until they gave me the go ahead and had good protection for me set up.”

The room was silent for a few moments. Hosoek was the one that broke the silence. “Wow.” He said simply.

“So you’re like… untouchable?” Taehyung said.

Jungkook laughed. “It sounds deep when you say it like that, but yeah.”

Yoongi chuckled. “Who would have guessed?” He hadn't said a word until that moment.

Jungkook turned to him with widened eyes and spoke in a soft voice. It seemed to have clicked in his head that Yoongi might not be okay with the fact that he’d kept something this big from him. “Are you okay with it hyung? I hope you understand…”

“Of course I understand Kookie-ah.” Yoongi said with warmth in his eyes. “The only thing different is that you’re cooler now.”

Jungkook smiled with embarrassment, internally releasing a sigh of relief.


***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

Jungkook's secret is out!
The Vmin reunion was my fav part of this chapter.

I hope you enjoyed it and don't be afraid to comment! : )

Title from: BTS - Butterfly

xxx

Waiting-4-Canon