You still shine

SMS - Secrets of My Savior

Jimin was grateful that Taehyung put him down on the couch gently. His ankle was actually more painful than he’d like to admit, but he had the feeling that Taehyung knew he was brushing off the pain as “not that bad”. He’d always had the habit of making his pain seem like much less than it actually was.

Taehyung kneeled before him and rubbed his foot with a strong ointment before bandaging it as gently as he could. Jimin bit his lip and looked away as he tried to avoid letting out any sounds of pain that would make Taehyung worry and feel guilty. Jimin knew that Taehyung had a reason for running and it had to be serious, but he didn’t know what it was.

He’d always thought that he knew everything about his boyfriend, but if Taehyung had kept something from him it had to be for a reason and he wasn’t going to make him feel uncomfortable about it or pressure him into telling him about it. Taehyung had been really helpful, understanding and patient when it came to him and he decided that he would do the same thing if the situation is turned around. Even though he didn’t want to pressure him, he couldn’t just keep quiet and pretend like nothing had happened - that would just make things awkward between them.

Taehyung put their medical kit away, washed his hands and came to the couch to sit on the small space that was left beside Jimin’s legs. His head was drooping, as if he sensed that Jimin would ask him what had happened and he dreaded it like people dread facing their biggest fears.

“Tae Tae?” Jimin moved to sit up more so he could see him better.

“Yeah?” His eyes were still downcast and his voice was soft.

Jimin reminded himself that he had to talk about this. “Listen, I know something’s going on and there’s something you don’t want to tell me… and I think that you should take your time. Tell me what happened only when you’re ready.”

Taehyung finally met his gaze with teary eyes. There was a moment of silence as Taehyung processed what Jimin had just said and in that moment a tear leaked out of his right eye. Jimin immediately reached up to wipe it away with his thumb. He was reminded of clear jewels that hang from the jewellery of high-class women for some reason.

Taehyung took a steadying breath and met Jimin’s gaze steadily as he spoke. “Jiminnie… I’m so sorry… I’m really really sorry.”

“It’s okay Tae.”Jimin lifted the corners of his mouth lightly.

“No it’s not Jiminnie. I… I swore at you, I pushed you, I left you in the house and ran away with no explanation and I didn’t even -”

“You’re here now, okay? You came to find me and you even carried me here.” At the last part Jimin almost broke eye-contact, but he managed to keep his gaze steady.

“I know, but… It doesn’t take away what I did. I never thought I would do something like that to you...”

“I’m sure you have your reasons.”

Taehyung’s bottom lip trembled almost imperceptibly. “Oh God Jiminnie… I’m really sorry. I can’t even tell you what happened.”

“Tae, I won’t deny being curious, but I can wait.” Jimin’s voice was caring and sincere as ever.

“That seems really unfair to you because when I wanted to know about your past I asked around and you can’t even do that because nobody knows and now… I thought I was fine, I really did, but I just… snapped and treated you like and ran away. You must have been so worried and… and now you’re injured because of me!” Taehyung wiped some tears off his face with the back of his hand. “It’s just… this is such a mess.”

“Come here Tae.” Jimin opened his arms wide. Taehyung eyed him from under his slightly wet eyelashes while pouting before slumping gently into Jimin’s arms. Jimin smiled softly and squeezed him. “I still love you Tae, and I love you very much”

Jimin held his boyfriend until his crying ceased and when he sat up Jimin wiped the last tear streaks off Taehyung’s face with the sleeve of his hoodie. The fondness he felt for Taehyung was evident in his eyes.

“Thank you for being so understanding Jimin-ah.”

“There’s no need to run okay? Take as long as you need to.”

His small smile was genuine. “I love you too Minnie.” Taehyung sniffed lightly, his breakdown having seemingly passed.

Jimin returned Taehung’s smile warmly while his right thumb his arm softly. “Umm… sorry to break the moment, but I can’t ignore my hunger any more…”

“Now that you mention it, it is way past dinner and I’m starving…”


* * * * * * * * * *


“What happened to your foot?” Yoongi eyed Jimin’s bandaged foot and crutches like a grumpy old man eyes a suspicious pile of caked mud on his lawn that’s right next to a dog wagging its tail with enthusiasm.

“I tripped.” Jimin said simply.

“And? Did you break it?”

“Nah, just twisted my ankle.”

“Is it bad?”

“Not actually.”

 “And he has crutches.” Yoongi shook his head while he mumbled to himself. “Taehyung-ah!” Taehyung looked up from across the room, where he was speaking to Jungkook. “When this idiot tells you it’s not that bad he’s usually lying!”

Taehyung smiled. “I got it! Thanks hyung!” He gave Yoongi a thumbs up before going back to his conversation.

“You guys are so irritating!” Jimin tried to frown, but failed and switched to a pout.

“Whatever Jimin, just make sure you take care of your ankle okay? Try not to use it too early would you?”

“Even if I wanted to Tae wouldn’t let me.”

“Great.” Yoongi grinned and slapped Jimin on his shoulder playfully.

“Hey guys?” Jungkook poked his head in between them.

“Yes Jungkookie?” Jimin smiled widely at the boy.

“Taehyung and I were talking and we think we should go out today since it’s Friday. Preferably dinner because Jimin-hyung should rest after work, Taehyung-hyung probably wants to eat dessert as well, Yoongi-hyung is a night-owl and by the way I’m feeling generous so I’ll pay.”

“Oooh, that’s amazing!” Taehyung had joined the conversation by now. “Kookie’s all grown up now, he can even pay to feed us!”

“Dessert is excluded though.” Jungkook grinned mischievously.

Taehyung grumbled while Jimin and Yoongi laughed. Jimin threw an arm around Taehyung’s shoulders. “It’s okay Tae Tae, I’ll fund your ice-cream craving.”

Taehyung smiled, “Thank you Jiminnie. Just so you know I feel like having strawberry milkshake as well... and maybe something else depending on the restaurant.”

“My poor wallet.”

Taehyung pouted and slipped in some aegyo. “I’ve been missing eating sweet stuff for so long.”

“I was kidding Tae. Of course I’ll pay.”

“You’re sweeter than all the ice-cream in the world!”

Jimin blushed while Yoongi and Jungkook made disapproving noises.


* * * * * * * * * *


“Seokjin-hyung, you really are gifted.” Jungkook complimented Soekjin as he brought the next mouthful of food to his mouth.

“Thank you Jungkookie.” Soekjin’s smile was wide.

“Yoongi-hyung?”

“Yes Jiminnie?”

“You said you had something to tell us?” At that all eyes were on Yoongi.

“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me... As you all know I’ve been promoted recently.”

“Yep.” Taehyung answered. “Whoop whoop!” Jimin added.

“Well, I have a say in the decisions the company makes now. Anyway, what GiantHits is now considering is quite big and I just wanted to get your opinions before the vote.”

“What is it?” Hyejin asked.

“They want to give the artists an option to learn dance so that they can do more than just stand or sit when they perform. They want their artists to have the chance to be multi-talented you know? It hasn’t been decided yet, but GiantHit wants to hire some choreographers and dance instructors from Hosoek-ah’s company and do a collab sort of thing. It will be optional for all the artists though.”

“I actually knew about that, but I didn’t know it was GiantHits that wanted us to collab.” Hosoek stated with some surprise evident in his voice.

“Actually, I suggested Fluid Movement as a worthy company for our latest idea.” Yoongi smiled.

“Wow hyung, I feel weirdly touched.” Hosoek laughed.

“Anyway, what do you guys think?” Yoongi gestured to the singers of GreatHit seated around the table.

“Well, I’ve always wanted to learn dance.” Jimin said.

“I think I can give it a try.” Taehyung nodded his head slowly.

“I took a dance class when I was younger and I enjoyed it so… yes I think it’s a good idea.”

Yoongi smiled, “I wouldn’t do it because I hate dancing, but hey… if some artists would I don’t see why not.”

“If you dance at a performance would you get paid more?” Namjoon asked.

“Yeah.” Yoongi confirmed with a nod of his head.

“Well then, even if it doesn’t count I think it’s a great idea.” Namjoon smiled.


- - - - -


“I actually feel excited.” Jimin said to Taehyung as Taehyung drove them to their house.

“Don’t feel too excited just yet, your ankle is not ready for dancing.”

“I know that. You won’t let me forget it.” Jimin said dejectedly.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that I don’t want you to make it worse and hurt yourself.”

Jimin sighed. “It’s okay Taehyung, I know you’re worried.”

“Wel um, I’m unsure about how I’d do…”

“I think you will look great dancing.”

“You’re one to talk Mr. Flexible.”

The corners of Jimin’s mouth lifted. “As long as you practice you will do well.”

“Knowing you, that’s probably your life motto.”

“I work hard because I feel like I’ve accomplished something when I can do what I practised for.”

“I know and I admire you so much, hardworking boyfriend of mine.”

Jimin giggled, “I admire you too. You’re carefree most of the time and yet you’re extremely good at what you do.”

“Well, I can’t argue with that.”

“Don’t get a big head about it.”

“My head is average size.”

“Wow Taehyung.”

Taehyung pulled up outside their gate. “I’d tell you to open the gate, but seeing as you’re temporarily disabled I’ll get it.” Taehyung said half teasingly and half sincere, completely ignoring the look Jimin gave him.

With that he got out of his seat to open the gate. After he drove the car into the driveway he rushed to Jimin’s side of the car to lift the protesting boy (“Yah! I can walk by myself!”) out of his seat and carry him quite skilfully into the house. He managed not to drop him even when unlocking and opening the door. When they were inside Jimin kicked the door closed with his good leg so that he at least felt like he’d done something. Taehyung giggled at the action.

Taehyung placed Jimin on the couch. “Do you want to watch a movie?” He didn’t even give Jimin a chance to answer before he chose a soppy romance and started to set everything up for a movie marathon.

“Did I have a choice?”

“Not actually.”

“Mxm.”

“What I will give you a choice for is the seasoning for the popcorn.”

“Oh my gosh I feel so touched.” Jimin placed his right hand over his heart dramatically.

“You should. I am going to give you an amazing, rest-filled, beautiful and soppy evening.”

“I appreciate it Tae.” This time Jimin actually meant it.

“It’s cool.” Taehyung gave him a small smile paired with a heart-melting caring look before he disappeared into their kitchen.


* * * * * * * * * *

A/N

Hello readers!

I'd like to shout out to Falling_Leaves_ for supporting me. Thank you!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Let me know what you think about the story so far in the comments. I really love comments. <3

I already have the next chapter :D, just need it to be edited.

Title from: BTS - Hold Me Tight

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon