Don't get far away

SMS - Secrets of My Savior

“Jiminnie, can I get some drinks?”

“Yeah you can.”

“Cool, I’ll meet you in this isle.” Taehyung left hurriedly, most likely to grab the flavours of drinks he liked.

“Sure.” Jimin said, not looking after Taehyung’s as he rushed away, yet smiling at the thought of him most likely looking like an energetic little kid.

Jimin picked up a pack of spaghetti and examined the pasta for breakages. He was putting the pack into the trolley when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and his eyes met those of a girl.

“Hello um… sorry to bother you, but I just want to ask…” she seemed nervous. “… by any chance are you Park Jimin?”

“Yes I am.” Jimin frowned slightly in thought. Did this girl know him? She was shorter than him with straight black hair and cute features. Her voice and her smile were familiar, but he couldn’t come up with a name or where he might know her from.

“I see you don’t remember me...” There was something in her eyes that told Jimin she was a bit sad about that. “I’m Shin Heeyoung, we were in school together?”

It took his brain a few seconds to catch up with what she said, but faint memories came up - memories of this girl who had been nice to him when other people weren’t. She had been in the same schools as him throughout his schooling career.

“Oh!” Jimin smiled politely. “I remember you.”

“You do?” Her face lit up with pretty smile. “How’ve you been?”

“I’ve been great. You?”

“I’m fine. How’s your brother?”

“I just spoke to him yesterday. He just got a job and he’s doing well. I’m really proud.”

“You must be, you were always been really caring towards him.”

“As he is to me.”

“I’m sure.” Heeyoung smiled as if deep in thought. “Jimin-ah, would you mind giving me your number? I want to keep in touch.”

“I don’t see why not.”

They exchanged numbers with an agreement to keep in touch and perhaps meet up sometime. After she had his number Heeyoung’s facial expression changed to one of regret.

“I have to go.” She said. “Don’t forget to text me.”

“Okay.” Said Jimin.

She walked away hurriedly, supposedly late for something. Jimin smiled, unable to believe the coincidence. He’d forgotten about Heeyoung. He felt a bit guilty because it seemed that she had definitely not forgotten about him. She had been quite nice to him all through school and she was pleasant to be around.

“Who was that?” Taehyung’s voice brought him out of his thoughts.

Jimin turned to Taehyung and noted that he had three bottles in his hands. “That’s Heeyoung. We know each other from school.”

“So I’m guessing I’ll get to know her sometime?”

“Yeah I think so. She wants to keep in touch. She’s nice so I’m sure you guys will get along.”

“Cool.” Taehyung was looking in the direction that Heeyoung had walked in.

“What took you so long?” Jimin gestured to the drinks in Taehyung’s hands.

Taehyung smiled. “This one is the drink we always get. And these two are new ones I want to try, but I can’t choose which one to take. Can you choose?”

Jimin examined the two bottles. Both drinks were typically Taehyung’s taste. “Hmm…” He said. “Let’s just take both.”

Taehyung’s smile was rectangular. “Thank you Jiminnie.”

“I spoil you too much.”

“I deserve it.”

Jimin laughed. “Maybe, maybe not.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Taehyung sounded injured, but there was amusement playing in his eyes.

“It means that you’re a pain in the most of the time.”

“Ouch!” Taehyung pouted.

“But you’re my pain in the and I love you.”

“I should have seen that one coming.”


* * * * * * * * * *


Namjoon and Soekjin had started the preparations for their wedding. Soekjin and Namjoon had both wanted their brothers to be their best men for their wedding.

Soekjin managed to contact his brother, but even though they both really wanted him to be there, his brother couldn’t make it. Soekjin had been disappointed, but he was never one to complain excessively or mope around. Yoongi had been delighted when Soekjin had asked him to be the best man in place of his brother.

Namjoon was unable to arrange for his brother to come to their wedding due to the fact that he was overseas and would be there for the next few years, he couldn’t make the trip. He asked Hosoek to be the best man in place of his brother. Hosoek agreed with a smile that looked like it could break his face.

They had argued over how to get flower girls, but eventually decided that Hyejin and Taehyung would have to be a flower girl and flower boy. Hyejin and Taehyung had readily agreed. Jimin had laughed animatedly at the idea of Taehyung being a flower boy until he got a glare. Jimin was still holding back laughter when he was told that he would be the ring-bearer for Soekjin’s ring. He’d quickly lost the urge to laugh and agreed happily.

Jungkook was the last to be told what he’d be doing, but he readily agreed with a small, cute smile that he would be the ring-bearer for Namjoon.

The wedding procession had been told that they could choose their own clothing, but it had to be black and white and not too dazzling.

Taehyung and Jimin were shopping for their wedding outfits when they ran into the girl that Jimin had chatted to on and off since their last meeting.

“Heeyoung-sshi?” Jimin asked with surprise.

“Jimin-ah! What are you doing h… who’s this?” Heeyoung’s smile didn’t falter with her voice.

“This is Taehyung, he’s my boyfriend.” Jimin moved an arm to rest around Taehyung’s waist.

Taehyung smiled politely. Heeyoung’s smile finally lost its charm. “Oh.” She said, seemingly taken aback.

“Nice to meet you.” Taehyung bowed slightly.

“Um… yeah. Nice to meet you too.” Heeyoung returned the greeting and when she straightened up from her deep bow her smile was back, though not to its former shine.

“We’re here to get some clothes for our friends’ wedding.” Jimin explained.

“That’s great!” The excitement in Heeyoung’s voice did not show as evidently on her face as it should have. “I have to get going. I’m here with my family. We came to get some supplies for the party we’re going to have next week.”

“I see.” Jimin said.

“I’ll keep in touch.” Heeyoung said as she turned and walked away.

“Bye!” Taehyung shouted after her.

As soon as she was gone Taehyung pulled out of Jimin’s hold on his waist and faced him with a glint of something dangerous in his eyes. “You didn’t tell her about me all this time?”

“It’s not exactly something that comes up.”

Taehyung’s eyes narrowed. “Do I matter that little to you?”

“Taehyung, you know that you’re the most important thing in my life. She was talking to me about times back in school and about people we used to know. I don’t even know if she’s in a relationship.”

Taehyung’s eyes softened. “I’m sorry. I overreacted.”

Jimin smiled softly. “What happened? Are you fine?”

“I just… I feel like that girl, Heeyoung-sshi, really likes you – romantically.”

Jimin smirked. “So… you feel jealous? Threatened? Why?”

Taehyung’s eyes shifted to the side. “She knew you a long time ago – before you met me - and she’s… really pretty and stuff.”

“You never have to worry Tae. You’re my boyfriend. You’re the one I’m with and I chose that. I won’t leave you, not for her or for anyone else. I’ll only leave you if you want me to.”

Taehyung met Jimin’s eyes again. “I don’t think that will happen.” He said sincerely.

“Good.”

“Sorry about that Jiminnie.”

“I forgive you Tae.”

“I still feel bad.”

Jimin smiled and pulled Taehyung into a hug. “Don’t worry, it’s kinda cute. Tell you what, let’s go get some ice-cream and after that we’ll look for outfits.”

Taehyung’s boxy grin took over his face. “I love you.”

“Love you too Tae.”


* * * * * * * * * *


It was the day of the wedding and the air was choked with excitement and slight nerves.

Soekjin, true to his nature, had hired special photographers with direct instructions to capture almost every event of the day.

There were pictures of the smiling faces of the grooms and the light in each of their eyes. There were pictures of each friend of the couple doing their designated duties with care and precision, pictures of the - obviously - amazing food, of some family and family friends of the grooms, of the venue, of the well-prepared (and impromptu additions to) speeches, of the dancing and of the fantastic cake which not only looked good, but tasted amazing.

What the photographers didn’t capture was the sneaky kisses between Jungkook the ring-bearer and Yoongi the best man, the jokes and smiles between Hyejin the flower girl and Hosoek the other best man, the low whispers between Jimin the second ring-bearer and Taehyung the flower boy and the conversation Soekjin and Namjoon, the grooms, were having with their eyes.

The vows they shared were almost sweet enough to bring tears to the guests’ eyes, but fortunately for them, Namjoon had inserted the occasional dry joke. The friends of the grooms knew that Namjoon had done that for the benefit of Soekjin’s makeup and not for the crowd.

Hosoek and Hyejin surprised the grooms with a dance. The music had started just after the last speech, which was by Hosoek.  Soekjin had tried to give the sound man a look to ask him what was going on and sort him out, only to discover that Hyejin was at the sound desk. She smiled at him before making her way to the floor. She was joined shortly after by Hosoek, who dramatically took her hand before they started dancing. The dance consisted of fluid movement and sweet choreography fitting for the occasion.

When the dance was over Soekjin  and Namjoon were about to stand up and applaud them when Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung started singing. They all had mikes in their hands, though neither of the grooms knew where these extra mikes had come from, and were singing a sweet, romantic song.

Just when the grooms thought that they couldn’t be more surprised Yoongi produced another mike from nowhere and began a soulful rap which had all the guests’ mouths hanging open.  The song finished with an angelic harmony from the three singers.

After the standing ovation and bows the ceremony continued as was planned. Namjoon and Soekjin eventually had to commence with the last part of the event. They walked onto the dance floor confidently enough, not showing the nerves that rattled their insides. They managed to get through their dance without obviously showing any mistakes. Their friends clapped loudly for them before joining them on the dance floor.


- - - - -


Hyejin and Taehyung were alone together for a good half an hour before the wedding while everyone was busy with something or the other. They sat together on a couch, getting a rest from all the chaos of preparing for a wedding. No matter how much he tried to fight it, Taehyung found himself thinking about the girl that Jimin knew from school.

“Hyejin-ah?”

“Yes?”

“Do you know of a girl named Shin Heeyoung?”

“The name rings a bell, but I can’t remember exactly… why?”

“There’s this girl that Jimin met in the store. He said he knows her from school. They exchanged numbers and they chat sometimes. I don’t know why, but I don’t feel comfortable about her.”

Hyejin took a minute to think. “Does she have straight, jet black hair and a cute face? Was she kinda short?”

“Yeah…”

“I know who she is. She was in the same school as Jimin throughout his schooling career. She’s actually a nice person, but I wouldn’t blame you for feeling uncomfortable. I don’t think you should trust her.”

“I feel bad for worrying because Jiminnie wouldn’t do anything to hurt me.”

“It’s not Jimin you should worry about, it’s her.”

“Why?”

 “She’s had the hots for Jimin since they were little kids. She’s a nice person in general, but she’s unusually nice to him. She likes him to the point where it’s a bit scary. She was really nasty to me the few times we ran into each other because she knew I was dating Jimin. I never told Jimin because it didn’t bother me too much. Jealousy makes you nasty.”

“Why do you say she’s nice?”

“She was a chilled person to hang out with and used to stand up for Jimin-ah when he was bullied.”

“Jiminnie was bullied?”

“People were really mean to him because he was chubby and he used to wear glasses.”

“I know he used to look like that, but that was no reason to be mean to him. I’ve seen pictures and I think he was really cute actually.”

“Children are brutal to each other. Jimin-ah had a really difficult school life until he met me and started maturing.”

“I can’t believe I didn’t know about this…”

“It’s not exactly something he’s fond of talking about.”

“I understand, but… wow.”

“Anyway, don’t worry too much about Heeyoung-sshi. I don’t know if she still likes him, but knowing her she probably does. She might just threaten you a little, but she won’t do anything to hurt Jimin and probably won’t harm you because she wants to be in his favour. If she does anything that bothers you though, make sure you tell Jimin-ah.”

“Tell him what?” Jimin said as he came into the room with an accusing, yet sweet smile on his face.

“How much his boyfriend really cares about him.” Hyejin was swift in her reply.

“Oh I see. How much is that?” Jimin smiled and faced Taehyung.

“More than he can imagine.” Taehyung replied.


* * * * * * * * * *

A/N

It has been a bit of a while...
I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Heeyoung was mentioned in SMS -  Save My Soul, in the very first chapter.
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1099025/1/sms-save-my-soul-angst-fluff-bts-triggerwarning-vmin-jitae-bts00au

Title from: BTS - Tomorrow

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon