I’ll treat you well

SMS - Secrets of My Savior

Jimin threw himself onto the bed and his back collided with the duvet-covered mattress, causing a whoosh of air to leave his lungs. “I think Soekjin-hyung and Namjoon-hyung will make an amazing married couple...” He then craned his neck so he could see his boyfriend, who was changing into more comfortable clothes. “…and so will we.” Jimin smiled. Taehyung tried to contain his compulsive smile and his lips – it was a habit. “You’re so cheesy.”

Jimin laughed, “And you love it.”

Taehyung shrugged. “You got me there.”

Taehyung slipped a shirt over his head, switched off the lights in the bedroom and lay down next to Jimin. He rested the back of his neck on Jimin’s right forearm and linked his hands together, resting them on his stomach.  

“Is that my shirt you’re wearing?”

“Yes.” Taehyung smiled.

“I knew it.”

They rested like that in the semi-darkness. Jimin was feeling so much at peace that he almost fell off to sleep. Just as he was about to close his eyes completely Taehyung’s voice stopped him.

“Jiminnie?”

“Yes Tae?” Jimin forced himself out of his sleepy state.

“I think I’m ready.”

“For what?” Jimin’s voice was laced with caution.

“Telling you everything.”

Jimin paused before speaking. “Are you sure?”

“Yes. I trust you and you need to know. I also kinda want to tell you because I haven’t told anyone and gotten it off my chest.”

“Just know that whatever it is, I will always be there for you.”

“That sounds extremely sappy, but I’ll take it.” Taehyung smiled despite the seriousness of the current situation.

“Do you want me to switch on the light?”

“No.”

“Okay.”

Taehyung took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Okay so… I’ll just tell you the whole story. Don’t talk until I’m done okay?”

“Sure.”

“I had a pretty good childhood. I had comfort, support and love from both my parents. Everything was amazing and I was happy almost all the time. Life was good basically. Anyway, I was about twelve when my innocent and trusting outlook on life changed completely.

It was around eight in the evening and I was alone in my room playing online games. My parents had gone out and they weren’t going to come back until the early hours of the morning. My parents were always really protective of me so they didn’t leave me alone in the house if they could help it. That day they left my uncle, Taesik, in the house to look after me and make sure I don’t do anything stupid.”

Here Taehyung took a breath and Jimin didn’t say anything, giving Taehyung the space and time he needed to speak to him comfortably.

“Taesik came into my room and closed my games. I asked him what he wanted, but he just didn’t respond the whole time. I was so confused…

When he switched off the light and put on a lamp I started to get scared. He didn’t say anything as he undressed. When he only had underwear on he walked to the door and locked it. Then he… basically threw me onto the bed. When I finally realised what was about to happen I tried to fight him, but he was really strong. He didn’t like the fact that I was moving around so he tied my wrists to the bed. I really tried, but I couldn’t get away. He…”

Taehyung stopped talking entirely and Jimin was at breaking point – he wanted to speak more than anything. He wanted to tell him that it wasn’t his fault that this Taesik guy is a sick bastard and that he’s so sorry that Taehyung had to go through that. Just as Jimin was about to give up his control and speak Taehyung whispered the words of his story that he’d struggled to get out.  

“He me.”

Jimin didn’t have to see Taehyung to know he was crying at this point. He felt an overwhelming sense of protectiveness. He rolled onto his side so that he could hug Taehyung tightly. “I’m so sorry Tae.” Jimin’s whisper was almost inaudible.

Taehyung cried harder and raised his weak arms to wrap around Jimin for comfort. His body shook slightly as he cried. “When he’d calmed down a little Taehyung smiled weakly and spoke again, “There’s more.”

Jimin nodded. “Go on.” He leaned his chin on the top of Taehyung’s head.

“I wanted to sink into the earth and never have to face another day. I couldn’t tell anyone for a while because I was too ashamed. I think he knew that I wouldn’t be able to speak up. He never mentioned it or did anything after that incident. ”

“Did you end up telling anyone?”

“Yes, I told my mother and father.”

“Did they do anything about it?”

“Well, Taesik is my father’s brother and he was a good friend of the family. My parents were shocked, but they didn’t take long to believe me. I wasn’t a problem child who lied all the time and they knew I wouldn’t lie about something like that.”

“What did they do about it?” Jimin’s voice was calm, but they both knew that internally there was a storm raging.

“They confronted him.”

“And?”

“Taesik… I won’t call him my uncle by the way…”

“I understand.”

“Taesik is extremely powerful and he has a lot of money. He threatened my family and he said there’d be hell to pay if we ever let the story out.”

“I wouldn’t have cared.” Jimin’s voice was steady, scarily so.

Taehyung sighed. “My father told him that he didn’t care and he’d see him in court. Within the space of about three days my father lost his job. There was nothing we could do…”

“What if he did it again?”

“I dreaded that every day. When I got to high school I left home when I found a house that I liked. I recalled my friend Hosoek mentioning that he wanted to have his own place and we spoke about it. Eventually we set everything up and we became roommates. They never told him where I was and he never asked.”  

 “So he could literally still come and find you at any time?”

“He moved overseas a few years ago.”

“I see.”

“I haven’t seen him since that year.”

“He better not come into my field of vision.”

There was a pause. “That’s really sweet of you Jimin, but if you ever meet him please don’t do anything?”

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“Because he will ruin our lives if you do.” Taehyung’s voice was sounding dangerously emotional.

Jimin sighed. “I’m sorry, it’s just that you went through such and nothing was done about it.”

Taehyung sniffed and Jimin hugged him to his chest. “It’s okay baby.”

Taehyung craned his neck to look at Jimin with a slight frown. “Did you just call me baby?”

“Yes, yes I did.” Jimin smiled. “Because I will take care of you and do everything I can to make sure you don’t get hurt.”

Taehyung could do nothing else but giggle in his deep voice and smile while moving his head into the juncture between Jimin’s shoulder and neck. “Can I have this shirt?”

“You’ll take it anyway.”

“I still want you to wear it once in a while though.”

“Why?”

“Firstly, I’m pretty sure that this one is your favourite shirt for sleeping in…”

“It is.”

“…secondly I don’t want your smell to fade away.”

Jimin gently kissed the top of Taehyung’s head. “Okay, if it will make you happy.”

“Yeah it will.” Taehyung’s voice was laced with sleep.

When Taehyung was asleep Jimin reluctantly got up to get them a blanket. He came back with it and threw it over himself and Taehyung before he shifted close to Taehyung.

In his sleep Taehyung automatically wrapped himself around Jimin and that caused a small smile to form on Jimin’s lips as he drifted off to sleep.
 

- - - - -


In a room of a company called Fluid Movement with mirrors covering two opposite walls were four boys working hard in one of their first sessions of dance practice.  They had been going at it for about two and a half hours straight before Hosoek, the one leading the session, finally told them that they were done for the day.

Jungkook flopped onto the floor and panted heavily. Taehyung dropped down next to him and grabbed the bottle of water on the floor beside him. After he’d taken a few large gulps he sighed deeply. “I don’t know if I can do this.” He hugged his legs to himself and leaned his chin on his knees.

Jimin sat cross-legged in front of Taehyung and he reached out for the water bottle. After he’d taken three sips with a few gasping breaths in between, he replied to Taehyung’s statement. “You can.”

Taehyung frowned and pouted slightly. “I’m not as hard-working as you and I look spastic.”

“You’re exaggerating.” Jimin patted Taehyung on the shoulder as a form of comfort.

“I have to agree with Jimin on that point.” Jungkook said. “Have you ever seen Seokjin-hyung and Namjoon-hyung dancing?”

Jimin looked genuinely concerned. “Yeah… I hope they will be able to manage the slow dance for their wedding.”

“I probably look worse than both of them combined.” Taehyung’s facial expression was the same a Jimin’s.

Hosoek switched off the music. “Taehyung, come on dude. You look fine and with practice you will look amazing. As for Seokjin-hyung and Namjoon-ah I will be coaching them closer to the wedding.”

Jimin smiled. “I love them both, but I must say that I think that’s a good idea.”

Jungkook laughed before he sat up straight. “Taehyung-hyung, you’re actually pretty good.”

“Says the newest dance machine of our friend group.” Taehyung smiled and poked Jungkook on his arm.

Jungkook blushed lightly. “It’s because I’ve danced before.”

“Hosoek-hyung?” Jimin tilted his head back as he called the elder.

“Yeah?”

“Can we get feedback from you? Be honest, we can take it.”

“Okay then.” Hosoek joined them on the floor, choosing to cross his legs. “Jungkook-ah, you pick up moves quickly and improve with practise easily. Just work on your leg movement a bit because if you do it quicker it will look great. Taehyung-ah, you pick up moves quickly too and you will improve if you practice hard. You have a laid-back style of dancing, but that’s fine because it doesn’t look bad at all – quite the opposite. Jimin-ah, you don’t pick up moves as easily as these two, but you definitely improve with practice and you give it your all. Stop feeling self-conscious and you will do great.”

“Noted.” Jungkook and Taehyung said simultaneously. “Do you really think I look fine?” Jimin asked.

“You look great. People usually take longer than all of you did to get the stage you guys are at.”

“No jokes?” Asked Jimin.

“None whatsoever.” Hosoek assured.

“Can we get something to eat? I’m hungry.” Taehyung interjected.

“I second that.” Jungkook lifted his hand.

“I’ll pay.” Hosoek offered. “You guys did really well today.”

“Yay!” Jimin smiled broadly.

“Can I have a strawberry milkshake?” Taehyung asked.

“Yep.” Hosoek smiled, remembering how many times his former roommate had asked him that question.

“I want milkshake too, a chocolate one though.” Jimin stated.

“Anything you guys want.” said Hosoek. “Jungkook, any special requests?”

“I’ll decide when we’re actually ordering.”

“Okay then, let’s go guys.” Hosoek beckoned them to follow before standing up.

“I look like and I’m sweaty…” Jungkook complained.

“Relax, you’ll just be seen in public for a short while. We’ll get take-away and eat somewhere else that’s private.” said Hosoek.

As they all walked out Jimin whispered in Taehyung’s ear. “You look y with your hair sticking to your forehead like that.”

Taehyung blushed and Jungkook gave him and Jimin a suspicious look.


***** ***** ***** ***** *****


A/N

Hey there readers!

Thank you guys for the support. I really hope you're enjoying the story.
Let me know what you think in the comments.

Title from: BTS - I Need U

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon