I smile whenever I see you

SMS - Secrets of My Savior

“So what’s up hyung?” Taehyung asked with a genuinely puzzled look on his face.

“Well…” Namjoon scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

“You can’t call us here without telling us why we’re here.” Yoongi’s voice was impatient.

Namjoon sighed. “I want to pop the question, but I don’t know how.”

“Awwwww!” Taehyung’s smile was rectangular.

“Finally hyung.” Hosoek laughed happily.

Yoongi’s face morphed into his gummy smile.

Namjoon’s facial expression was priceless, some kind of mix between nervousness and joy. “I called you guys here because I feel like you know Seokjin-ah well, especially you Yoongi-hyung.”

“I think you should do something creative and cute.” Yoongi said.

“Yeah I know, but I can’t seem to come up with anything…” Namjoon leaned his head in his hands.

“It’s okay hyung.” Taehyung patted Namjoon on the back. “I think that you should come up with the idea yourself so that it can be more special. Seokjin-hyung would be delighted with anything you come up with.”

“I think Taehyung-ah is right. As long as the proposal comes from your heart he’ll be touched.” Hosoek said while Yoongi nodded his head in agreement.

“The one suggestion I have is to make sure there is food when you propose.” Yoongi  stated.

“How could I not have food involved? Food is Seokjin’s life.” Namjoon smiled fondly with thoughts of his to-be fiancé.


- - - - -


Sitting on either side of the small table they placed in a park, Jimin and Taehyung were sharing the day’s events with each other. Even though they’ve been dating and living together for years, they still go on occasional dates.

The bowl of chips they shared became a place where Jimin accidentally (on purpose) brushed his hand against Taehyung’s frequently and watched (gleefully) as a light blush slowly crept onto his cheeks. He only ceased to tease his boyfriend when Taehyung shot him an accusatory look, to which Jimin giggled.

“Guess what Jiminnie?” Jimin looked at Taehyung expectantly until he realised that he would not continue talking until Jimin asked him to. He sighed, “What Tae?”

Taehyung grinned with glee. “You have to promise not to let the secret out.” He whispered this loudly.

Jimin frowned sceptically. “Are you messing with me right now?”

“Not actually, it’s just that I’m having more fun with it than I should be.”

“Okay, I promise.” Jimin felt slight smile forming on his face.

“Namjoon-hyung is going to propose to Seokjin-hyung.”

Jimin’s facial expression changed to one of pleasant surprise. “Oh my gosh, that’s amazing!”

“He called me, Hosoek-hyung and Yoongi-hyung to ask us how to pop the question. It was really cute because he was all embarrassed and smiling the whole time.”

Jimin sighed happily and ran a hand through his hair. He rested his chin on his palm and leaned slightly closer to Taehyung. He made sure Taehyung’s eyes met his before he said, “Have you ever thought about marriage Tae?” Taehyung dropped the chip that had been on the way to his mouth.

Jimin smirked. “I have. I thought about committing myself to someone for the rest of my life and I decided that if I were to do it I would commit my life to you.” Jimin smiled with glee as he watched Taehyung cringe at the sweetness of his words.

The implications of what Jimin had just said seemed to sink in as Taehyung’s face broke out into a gigantic smile. His eyes filled with adoration as he spoke, “You want us to get married?”

“Yeah, I will definitely marry you someday.” Jimin spoke with conviction as he was sure of his words.

Taehyung giggled happily, looking like a kid in a candy store, and Jimin hid the lower half of his face behind the back of his hand. The blush that had previously been on Taehyung’s face was now spreading rapidly on Jimin’s. He was embarrassed about how furiously he was blushing.

 Taehyung reached forward with unexpected speed and strength, pulling Jimin’s hand away from his face. Then he placed a brief, yet meaningful kiss on Jimin’s lips before he smiled and said, “The answer is yes.”

“Hmm?” Jimin’s eyes crinkled.

“Yes I have thought about marriage.”

“Really now?” Jimin feigned ignorance with a smile.

“Mhmm, and I would marry you.”

Jimin smiled before leaning forward, linking their hands together loosely and kissing Taehyung softly as a show of love which his boyfriend returned with equal gentleness.


* * * * * * * * * *


“...so are you guys going to join us?” Hosoek asked.

Seokjin moved his mouth away from the receiver of the phone so he could ask Namjoon about it. “Joonie!?”

“Yeah?!”

“Hosoek-ah is asking if we want to join everyone to go bowling today!”

Namjoon walked into the room. “Do you want to go?”

“Well, yeah it would be nice.”

“You should go. I have some stuff to do.”

“If you can’t make it it’s fine.”

Namjoon smiled. “It’s okay Jinnie, I think they want to spend time with you. Besides, I look awkward bowling anyway. You’ll get to have fun without worrying about me injuring myself and stuff.”

Seokjin laughed. “Fine I’ll go, but only because you bother me all the time and I need a break.”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me.”

 “I think I’m the one that gets bothered all the time mother.”

They laughed heartily and Seokjin gave Namjoon a quick peck on the cheek before leaving the room. “I should get going if I want to meet them on time.”

“Enjoy!”

“I will!”


- - - - -


Seokjin walked into the house with a smile on his face. He was looking forward to telling Namjoon all about the day. A pleasant aroma suddenly filled his nostrils.

“Mmmmm…” Seokjin recognised the smell immediately. ”Joonie!? I smell food!”

“Dining room!”

Seokjin bit his lip in anticipation as he made his way to the dining room. As soon as he stepping into the room he was hit by the familiar aroma of food, it was laid out across the table.  The usual white table cloth had been replaced by a maroon one, there were places for two set up and the dishes they used for special occasions were placed beside their expensive wine glasses.

After taking in the layout he looked up to see the beaming face of his boyfriend. He returned the smile with one of his own.

“Did you do all of this yourself?”

“I did have some help, but for the most part – yes.”

Seokjin beamed. “Thank you so much Joonie.”

Namjoon pulled a chair away from the table and gestured for him to sit down. “Why thank you.” Soekjin said with an overly posh tone. Namjoon hid his laugh behind his hand as an attempt to remain serious. He sat across from Seokjin.

All through the dinner Namjoon was extremely gentlemanly and it turned Seokjin into a blushing high-schooler. At some point Namjoon almost knocked over an expensive dish, but Seokjin – over the years of living with Namjoon – had become a master of catching things before they shattered on the floor. Namjoon praised Seokjin for being “almost as if he were made for them to be togeteher” and Seokjin, yet again, blushed.

The conversation that punctuated the eating they did was filled with syrupy compliments from Namjoon. Seokjin eventually felt the need to return the favour and thus hit Namjoon with some almost sickeningly sweet comments of his own.

When they’d completed their journey through the food laid out on the table, Namjoon stood up and cleared the table little by little. Seokjin had wanted to help, but Namjoon told him to stay where he was because today he was “his princess and should be treated accordingly”.

Seokjin stayed in his seat as per Namjoon’s request. As his boyfriend walked into and out of the room, transporting dishes, Seokjin smiled to himself as he thought about just how much he loved him.

Namjoon managed to take him by surprise yet again when he walked out with two dishes which Seokjin had never seen before. They were balanced in Namjoon’s hands with the utmost care and it was as if Namjoon was making sure Seokjin couldn’t see the contents of the dishes. “What’s that?” Seokjin asked him with curiosity in his eyes.

“This, my dear boyfriend, is dessert.”

“Wow! You really are something Joonie.”

“Thank you Seokjin-ah, but I think you’re everything - especially to me.”

“I think that one is the cheesiest you’ve said today.”

“You say that with a smile.”

“Whatever.”

Namjoon laughed before placing a small, decadent chocolate dessert in front of Seokjin. Seokjin clapped his hands in glee and almost shouted his thanks before he accepted the spoon Namjoon offered him and dug into the dessert. He was so engaged in the taste of the obviously expensive  dessert before him that he didn’t notice how Namjoon didn’t have anything in the other dish and did not sit down again.

After eating half of the chocolate delicacy Seokjin noticed something odd. He frowned and used the spoon in his hand to move the rest of the dessert aside to see what was underneath.

Seokjin gasped as he read the words that were clearly printed on the dish:

Will you marry me?

He legitimately felt tears prickling his eyes as he looked up slowly to see Namjoon on one knee with the other dish in his hands. On Namjoon’s face was a beautiful expression of boyish expectation and mature love.

Seokjin told himself not to cry as he dropped his spoon and stood up. In the dish was a ring – one that he’d told Namjoon that he liked about a year ago. Seokjin’s vision blurred slightly and he blinked furiously, using the back of his hand to wipe away some of the happy tears that had leaked out as his face broke out into a smile.

“Yes.” He whispered. “Yes I’ll marry you.”

Namjoon’s smile was almost blinding as he put down the dish and took out the ring. He took a gentle grip on Seokjin’s left hand and slipped on the ring. Before he got a chance to admire the ring, Seokjin was pulled into a tight hug and he returned it with the same enthusiasm.

“I love you Jinnie.” Namjoon said, squeezing him harder.

“I love you too.”



* * * * * * * * * *


Around a table of a casual restaurant sat all the friends and Yoongi couldn’t be more proud of how far they’d come.

At the end of the table, directly opposite from him and Jungkook, sat his friends Namjoon and Seokjin. They had just announced the news of their engagement to the clapping, cheering and whistling from their large, yet close, group of friends.

At some point Yoongi had said something sweet about Jungkook and the boy had snuck a kiss onto the elder’s cheek. Unfortunately for Jungkook, Seokjin had seen it coming and snapped a picture of the moment with a promise to both of them:

“I am definitely going to bring this up later on in life.”

 Yoongi laughed and said, “Go ahead hyung.”

Jungkook’s cheeks went pink and he coughed.

The evening went by quite fast with the joyous chatter. They had grown closer than they ever would have thought just a few years earlier. Yoongi took the chance to properly observe his friend; the friend who he’d worried about so much and tried his best to help all that time ago.

Yoongi observed how Jimin was smiling like a gleeful child and as he ran a hand through his hair – he has a habit of doing that – his fingers gliding through the strands. He couldn’t help but think it was extremely cute that the fingers of Jimin’s left hand were entangled with those of Taehyung’s right hand. They complimented each other so well. Even though they argued, the arguments usually based on nothing, they always sorted it out and came back together stronger, if that’s even possible.

His thoughts turned to what the company would implement and he had the feeling that Jimin would make an amazing dancer. Firstly because Jimin was similar to him in terms of how hard he worked and secondly because the boy was amazingly flexible. Jimin’s ankle was almost completely okay now and he didn’t use the crutches anymore.

These thoughts caused a large smile to settle onto his features. “Jimin-ah?”

Jimin turned to him and frowned slightly at the look he was receiving. “Yes hyung?” He asked cautiously.

“I’m happy for you.”

Even though it was out of the blue Jimin had to admit that the statement was justifiable. Compared to the state he’d been in before his life turned around, he was so much better it was almost unbelievable. He recalled his friend’s efforts to make him happier and all the advice and help he’d received from the elder. He smiled meaningfully before he responded, “Thank you hyung.”


* * * * * * * * * *
 

A/N

Hiii!!!

Things seem to be going great now hey?
Namjin taking big steps...

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter and you can look forward to more.

Please comment and let me know what you think.

Title from: BTS - Run

PS: I'd like to say thank you to Dawn for inspiring me.

XXX

Waiting-4-Canon