I hope that you’ll watch over me well

SMS - Secrets of My Savior

Jimin was worried. Taehyung had left some time ago to fill up on fuel for his car and he wasn’t back yet. It wouldn’t be the first time he’d gotten distracted by something and lost track of time, but even so there was something off. Jimin couldn’t explain it, but he felt like something bad had happened to Taehyung.

He paced around the lounge, contemplating what he could possibly do. When the phone rang he got such a shock that he almost screamed. With his heartbeat a lot faster than usual he rushed to the phone and answered it.

“Hello?”

A female voice answered. “Hello, is this a Mr Park Jimin?”

“Yes, that’s me.” A feeling of dread settled heavily in Jimin’s stomach.

“This is Nurse Lee speaking. Mr Kim Taehyung is at your local hospital and he said to call you before passing out.”

Jimin could hardly respond. “What happened?”

“He was involved in a car accident.”

“I’m on my way.”


- - - - -


The whole process seemed to drag out in slow motion. Jimin was more impatient than he’d ever been in his life. When he finally got to go into Taehyung’s room and he raced to the doorway his heart stopped at the sight before him.

Taehyung was propped up by the pillow on the hospital bed.  There was a bruise peeking out from under his hair. Luckily, besides that there was no apparent damage to his body. His eyes were closed and despite the current situation there was a serene look about him.

A nurse came into the room. “You’re Mr Park I assume?”

“Y-yes.” Jimin tried to keep his voice steady.

“Mr Kim hasn’t sustained any injuries other than a knock to the head. We don’t think there’s been a concussion. He has, however, gone into shock and he passed out.”

“When will he wake up?”

“We can’t be certain, but it shouldn’t be too long.”

“Please can I stay here?”

“You may Sir.”

“Thank you.” Jimin bowed deeply and the nurse smiled before leaving the room.

When she was gone Jimin made his way to Taehyung’s bed and bent over him. He reached out a shaking hand to touch his face and gently his cheekbone with his thumb. Jimin bit his lip to stop the tears that were threatening to spill out of his eyes.

He stood up straight and looked around him, grabbing a nearby chair. He pulled the chair right next to the bed and sat down slowly. Taehyung’s right hand rested on the blanket and Jimin took it and interlocked their fingers loosely.

Jimin clearly remembered the last time he’d been in a hospital holding someone’s hand - that someone was also a person he loved with all his heart. The tears he’d been holding back broke the resistance he built up and spilled over to leave trails on his cheeks. He didn’t make a move to wipe them away.

In his state of emotion Jimin realised yet again how much he loved his boyfriend. “I love you Tae.” he whispered. He bowed his head to avoid looking at the beautiful yet unmoving face – it was too much for him right now.

The fingers between his twitched… Jimin frowned and looked up. He saw something that gave him an overwhelming sense of hope. Taehyung’s eyelids were twitching.

When Taehyung opened his eyes Jimin wanted more than anything to say something, but he just couldn’t. Taehyung’s slightly glazed-over eyes met his. When he spoke, his deep voice was a bit gruff. “Why are you crying pabo-yah?”

Jimin just laughed happily and jumped out of his seat to hug Taehyung. “Ow!”

“Oh! I’m sorry.”  Jimin pulled back quickly and apologised.

“It’s okay.” Taehyung smiled weakly. He lifted a hand to wipe the tears from Jimin’s face.

“I should probably call the nurse.” Jimin said.

“Kiss me first.”

Jimin laughed and did just that.


- - - - -


Jimin sighed as he rounded the last turn off before his and Taehyung’s house.  The nurse had insisted Taehyung stay for one night to do some check-ups and make sure that everything was fine because he had apparently been in a pretty bad accident and he was lucky to be as okay as he was at the moment.

He was taken aback as a car he did not recognise came into view.


* * * * * * * * * *


Yoongi and Jungkook were taking full advantage of their free time together with a walk through the park which ended off with some take away by the lake. There was a small table with two chairs facing the lake. The food was laid out before them and they spoke as they ate.

“Jungkookie, you’ve always been as special as I thought you were since way back hey.”

Jungkook frowned. “What makes you say that?”

“You’ve can sing like I’ve never heard before, you dance amazingly, you’re cute and yet y too and now I know that you have connections.” Yoongi wiggled his eyebrows when he said connections.

“I’m not that extraordinary, you make it sound like… I don’t know…”

“Like how you are in my eyes?”

“Why the sudden flattery?”

“If I did it all the time it would get old.”

“I doubt that.” Jungkook avoided eye contact when he responded.

“Mhhhmmm, and why is that?” Yoongi smirked as he rested his head in his palm for effect.

Jungkook didn’t respond and Yoongi laughed before he tickled him under the chin until Jungkook got tired of swatting away his hand. “What hyung?”

“Tell me.” Yoongi asked with a pout that was cuter than should be legal.

“Ugh okay… It will never get old because I’ll never get tired of you.”

“Awww Jungkookie you’re so precious.”

Jungkook didn’t respond, but it was easy to see that he was touched. Yoongi ruffled his hair lovingly. “Yah hyung! I’m not a kid…”

“I know that Kookie-yah.” Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Anyway, I’d just like to congratulate you on reuniting a couple. That’s a pretty big deal.”

“Taehyung-hyung would have lost his mind if he stayed without Jiminnie-hyung for too long, we all know that.”

“He was holding it together better than I expected actually. He didn’t break down and wasn’t all dramatic and stuff about it.”

“Maybe them being together has made them both stronger as individuals?”

“That’s a thought.”


* * * * * * * * * *


“Have a seat Heeyoung-ah.”

Jimin sat down beside her on the couch in the living room. He’d invited her in when he discovered that she had been waiting outside the house to see him for some time. “Is there anything I can get you?”

“No, I’m good. I just had something to eat and drink at home.”

“Okay then…” Jimin didn’t know what else to say and frankly felt quite awkward.

Hyejin cleared . “I heard you were in jail.”

“Yeah…”

“I just wanted to see how you are.” She smiled, her perfect teeth on full display.

“I’m fine actually. I beat up this guy who deserved it and he put me in jail for it, but I have no criminal record or anything and I wasn’t in for that long even if it felt like it.”

Heeyoung was suddenly too close for comfort. “That’s really y.” Her voice was like honey. Jimin was not sure if he’d heard her right.

“Huh?”

“That’s really y.” This time she whispered. Before Jimin could even react properly Heeyoung had her lips on his and she was moving to straddle him.

Jimin took a good ten seconds to react. He pushed her off him with force, but at the same time made sure she wouldn’t land on the floor too hard.

“Yah!” he frowned.

“What’s the problem?” Heeyoung asked, tilting her head and looking admittedly cute.

“I have a boyfriend Heeyoung-ah, what are you doing?”

“Where is he?”

“He’s in the hospital right now.” Jimin didn’t even know what to think, his mind swirling. This couldn’t be happening.

Heeyoung seemed unfazed. “I can keep you company.” She stood up and grabbed Jimin’s chin, guiding him closer to her. Jimin grabbed her wrist with more force than he’d used on her before. “Heeyoung-ah.” There was a glint in his eyes that she failed to see.

“Hmm?” She smirked seductively.

“Please leave the house right now and don’t talk to me again.”

For the first time that night, perhaps ever, Heeyoung realised that she was being rejected. “But…”

“Now.” Jimin’s voice was cold. He loosened his grip and let her hand flop to her side. She turned away from him with teary eyes and picked up her bag. They didn’t speak as Jimin opened the door for her to leave.

When she was gone Jimin ran a hand through his hair. There was no way Taehyung could know about what had just happened, at least not now. He would freak out too much. He’d been very weary of Heeyoung and Jimin didn’t want him to get all worked up because he would need to rest when he got back.


* * * * * * * * * *


She was all alone in the house and Heeyoung's mind turned (for the umpteenth time) to what she’d done. The scenario played in her head over and over again. If she closed her eyes and concentrated she could still feel the softness of Jimin’s cushion-like lips and warmth of the small part of the inside of his mouth that she’d gotten to feel. Tears pricked at her eyes when she opened them and came back to reality. He’d never liked her and never would. He would probably hate her forever now.

She grabbed her phone and opened her chat with Jimin, typing out how sorry she was and begging for forgiveness. She didn't want him to hate her. SHe looked over what she'd typed. Jimin's voice played in her head: "Don't talk to me again." She backspaced what she'd typed hurriedly.
What was she thinking? It really wasn’t like her to do things like what she’d done. She’d just been overwhelmed with emotion and his boyfriend wasn’t there. Her love for Jimin was so strong, so enduring. She’d really thought that somewhere inside he liked her back…




***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

I know it's been a while, but I'm sure this drama-filled chapter is worth it. : )

Thanx for reading, subscribing and commenting! <3

Title from: BTS - Ma City

xxx

Waiting-4-Canon