Can you trust me?

SMS - Secrets of My Savior


On the second day after Taehyung got out of the hospital the group of friends had a small party to celebrate his quick recovery. The party was in Soekjin and Namjoon’s house because it was the most central and convenient for everyone that day.

At the party they played music and enjoyed dancing without worrying about what they looked like because they didn’t judge each other seriously. The laughter was all good-hearted and when Jimin fell on the floor laughing at Yoongi’s signature leg movements and added -wiggling at some point Yoongi didn’t take offence because it was all in good fun.

Soekjin and Namjoon had a one on one dance battle which was the second most entertaining battle of the night - the most entertaining being a ‘most unattractive facial expression battle’ between Jungkook, Hosoek and Taehyung.

They didn’t have alcohol at the party even though most of them had really wanted it because both Soekjin and Hyejin had said that if they so much as smelt a drop of alcohol they would smack whoever brought it in. They were probably the most practical in the group because they all had to go to work the next day.

The night ended earlier than on a normal party would, but it had been so well planned and yet spontaneous as well that it seemed to stretch the little time they had into a good while. When everyone left they felt amazing without having gotten drunk, making their way back to their respective places of residences conversing with smiles.

The atmosphere for the next few days was a good one. The friends were all happy that Taheyung was okay. Taehyung’s family had been worried and asked if they should visit, but Taehyung had insisted that life go on like normal because he was fine.


* * * * * * * * * *


It had been about a week since Taehyung got back from hospital, and he and Jimin were back to their normal routine. Work had been going very well, but that meant a heavier workload and the break they now had was more than welcome. Jimin  had his head on the armrest of the couch and Taehyung on top of him, his head resting on his chest.

Taehyung sighed contentedly. One of his favourite things in the world to do was let himself relax fully in Jimin’s embrace. Lying on top of him on the couch right at this moment, he couldn’t help but feel happiness bubbling within.

Jimin had at first been in a very similar state of mind, but his thoughts turned to Heeyoung and what had happened. The situation replayed in his mind for the umpteenth time that week. Had he done the right thing? He should have pushed her off sooner… It wasn’t his fault though. Or was it?

Jimin was pulled out of his thoughts when Taehyung sat up abruptly, their eyes meeting. “What’s bothering you Jiminnie?”

“Nothing. What makes you think that?”

“Oh come on Jimin-ah. We’ve been together for years.” Taehyung smiled knowingly.

“I will talk to you about it. I just don’t think now’s the right time.”

“When is the right time going to be Jimin-ah? You’ve been acting a bit distant lately.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I didn’t want to say anything so I could give you a chance to tell me on your own.”

“I’m sorry Tae.”

“Is it because I was in hospital? Did I trigger something?” Taehyung’s concerned face paired with his words made guilt flood Jimin’s body.

“Yeah I was really worried about you and I did at some point think about the past, but you’ve made me strong Tae. I dealt with it really well compared to how I would have before. That’s not an issue and it’s because you helped me.”

“That’s good.” Taehyung said. “I don’t want you to go back to how you were then.”

“I hope I never do.”

“So what’s up then?” Taehyung asked.

Jimin sighed. He’d been hoping that Taehyung would forget about it. For some reason he felt really nervous about telling Taehyung. He looked up and met the eyes of his boyfriend. He had to tell him. It had been long enough. Besides, it would be pointless to avoid the topic anymore with Taehyung looking at him like that.

“Heeyoung kissed me.”

There was silence after Jimin spoke. He even wondered if he’d imagined saying it or they were just sitting in silence because Taehyung was not showing any form of response. The blank look in Taehyung’s eyes did not help with combating this theory.

Eventually Taehyung took a deeper breath than seemed necessary and released it shakily before he finally spoke.“When?”

“Last week when you were in hospital.”

Taehyung nodded robotically. “Where?”

“In the house. She came to visit and waited the whole time I was at the hospital to see you. I couldn’t just tell her to leave because she’d waited really long so I invited her in.”

“Did you enjoy it?”

“What?!” Jimin was shocked by the question. “No!”

“Why not?” Taehyung was being dead serious right now.

JImin knew he had to be very tactical with his response. “She’s not you Tae.”

“Why the hell didn’t you tell me?”

Jimin’s voice was higher than usual as he defended himself. “I didn’t want to bother you. I knew you would get all upset about it and I wanted you to get some rest after the accident.”

“Jimin-ah… you really should have told me earlier, as soon as I got back home actually. And is it wrong for me to be upset about it?”

Jimin frowned. “Tae, what’s the big issue here? It’s not like I kissed her. She kissed me and I pushed her away from me.” Jimin sat up on his elbows.

Taehyung got off Jimin and sat on the space on the couch beside his legs, his jaw was clenched. “That’s all fine and well, but when did you push her off? After you let her get a good feel of your mouth?”

“That’s not fair.”

“Oh so it did happen like that? I almost can’t believe it.”

“Honestly? Yes. I really didn’t see it coming and I took too long to stop her, but as soon as I could I shoved her off me. She landed pretty hard.”

“You failed to mention that she was on you. You were probably having so much fun while I was away.”

Now Jimin was mad. “Taehyung-ah, I didn’t do anything wrong! Don’t you trust me?”

“If you didn’t do anything why didn’t you tell me about it? When were you planning to? Would you even have told me if I hadn’t noticed something was up?”

“Yes!”

“I’m not so sure about that.”

“You know what? Believe what you want to believe.” Jimin pulled his legs out from behind Taehyung and stood up. “I’m going for a walk.”

“I don’t know why you’re even telling me, it’s not like you told me what you were doing when I wasn’t here.”

Jimin let out a breath of angry air as he frowned at Taeyhung and wondered what had gotten into his normally understanding and caring boyfriend and turned him into this.

Rage flowed through Taehyung’s veins. “What are you waiting for? Me to turn into Heeyoung? Just go already!”

Taehyung lay on the couch and watched unmoving as Jimin stormed out of the house.


* * * * * * * * * *


Taehyung would have thought that after Jimin left he would feel really bad, but he didn’t. There was fiery anger burning inside him and every time he pictured Hyejin and Jimin together in their house, it fuelled the fire and added a drop of pain.

He stood up in a fit of emotion and made the decision to drive to Hosoek’s apartment. His oldest friend would listen to him and besides that Hyejin knew Heeyoung and would be able to understand why Taehyung was upset.

He grabbed Jimin’s car keys and drove to Hosoek’s place, working himself up as he drove. That had touched Jimin, his Jimin. Who did she think she was? Jimin was so stupid! Taehyung had told him about her! He was probably waiting for her to make her move on him and delighted when she did it.

When Hosoek answered the buzzer he gave Taehyung a look of utter confusion. The boy looked like an emotional wreck with tears in his eyes, but not spilling over and his face a light shade of pink. To top the look off there was a deep frown creasing his forehead. “Are you okay Taehyungie?”

“I…” Taehyung closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “I need to talk to you.”

“Okay, come on in.” Hosoek held the door open.

“Thank you.”

Taehyung walked into the apartment and saw that Hyejin was curled up on the couch with a book. When she heard Taehyung’s footsteps she looked up. “Hi Taehyung-ah.”

“Hi Hyejin-ah.”

“What’s wrong?” she sat up and placed her book on the table.

“Taehyung-ah needs to talk.” Hosoek answered for him, giving Hyejin a sign to leave the room so that he and Taehyung could have their conversation.

Heeyoung was about to leave when Taehyung spoke. “Actually I want to talk with both of you.”

“Okay then. What’s up?” Hyejin shifted on the couch so that Hosoek could sit beside her. Taehyung took the seat across from them.

“You remember Heeyoung right?”

“Yeah of course.” Hyejin turned to Hosoek. “It’s that girl I told you about. Taehyung-ah was worried about her because she’s very much into Jimin-ah.”

“Oh yeah.” Hoseok nodded. “What about her?”

“While I was in hospital Heeyoung-ah visited JIminnie.”

“Mhhm…” Hyejin hummed. Hosoek nodded to tell him to go on.

 Taehyung up at the ceiling when he spoke again. “She kissed him.”

They gasped at the same time. “What did he do?” Hyejin asked.

“He says he pushed her away.” Taehyung laughed humourlessly.

“I’m sure he did.” Hyejin said.

“He said it took him longer than it should have.” Taehyung rested his chin in his hand, frowning as the idea flooded his mind - Jimin letting Heeyoung kiss him and enjoying it before realising he couldn’t because he’s taken. Heeyoung straddling him and his hands on her waist just like how his hands would usually be on Taehyung’s.

Hyejin sighed. “Of course he would have said that and knowing him he meant it.”

“Meaning?”

“He probably feels really bad and he must been really shocked at the time. He never saw Heeyoung-ah in that way, never. That’s probably why she’s so bitter about it. She’s been trying to get him for years.”

“Well she’s succeeded.”

“I really doubt that.” Hosoek piped up. “Jimin-ah loves you. He wouldn’t just change his mind about that just because someone kissed him.”

“He’s said himself that I’m a bit of a handful before, who knows what he could do if given the opportunity to be with someone cool and pretty and easy to be around. Someone he can deal with easily who won’t bother him…” Taehyung bit his lip, his eyes downcast.

Hyejin smiled. “Taehyung, have you told him about these thoughts?”

“No I haven’t.”

“Why not?”

“I know he’s going to say he only wants me and stuff, but I am a liability for him.”

“If you know he’s going to say it that means he’s said it before, yes?”

“Yeah, on way more than one occasion.”

“Then he means it.”

“Well…” Taehyung’s mind was blank. He had nothing to argue with.

“And I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but he’s gay.” Hyejin said this with a smirk.

Hosoek let out a snort. “That’s a big detail you’ve overlooked there Taehyung-ah.”

Taehyung slumped his shoulders, all the fight was talked out of him. “I should talk to him.” He said quietly. Hosoek and Hyejin said nothing, they merely nodded in approval. “Thank you guys so much.”

“Any time Taehyungie!” Hosoek’s heart-like smile was bright.

“It’s a pleasure, now go to him Taehyung-ah.” Hyejin’s smile was much calmer than, yet communicated a large amount of encouragement.

“Thank you guys again and bye!” Taehyung shouted over his shoulder as he rushed out, closing the door behind him.

Hosoek stood and walked to the door, staring at it for a few moments after he’d left. “Do you think they’ll be okay?”

Hyejin walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his torso. She leaned her cheek against his back. “Yeah, I do.” She said.


- - - - -


Taehyung drove to the abandoned playground, his and Jimin’s special place, and stumbled out of the car. He approached the playground slowly, formulating what to say as he walked. When he was standing just at the border of the playground, however, he couldn’t see JImin anywhere. He looked around, scanning his surroundings critically. Jimin wasn’t here.

Taehyung frowned and walked over to the swings. He held one of the chains that held up the seat as he lowered himself into it. He needed some time to think.

Jimin could be anywhere, but knowing him he was probably back at their house. Taehyung knew his boyfriend well. Sure, he got mad, but it wasn’t easy to make him truly angry. Whenever he was mad he would shout and hit his fist on tables, but he always looked cute rather than intimidating. The angriest he’d ever seen Jimin was when he’d hit Taesik. That person was not someone to be messed with…

He doubts he’d ever make Jimin that angry, but what he knew from experience that when Jimin went for a walk he was feeling something deep and he needed to take a walk in order to  control himself. This fact about Jimin applied to almost every uncontrollable emotion – sadness, hurt, anger.

Jimin had gone for a walk. That meant that Taehyung had seriously gotten to him. Taehyung sighed. He’d screwed up. He just hoped that they could talk it through and make up. He stood up and briskly walked to the car.  As he drove home he tried to prepare himself for any scenario. Jimin would either be calm and understanding, cutely angry, seriously angry or extremely emotional. He mentally prepared himself for all those scenarios.


- - - - -


When Taehyung got out of the car after parking it carefully, he realised just how dark it was outside. He hadn’t noticed how late it was. He walked up to the front door and stood there taking several deep breaths to prepare himself for facing his boyfriend. The door was locked so he had to knock. He did so with three clear taps on the wood.

He was thinking about knocking again when the door opened abruptly, startling him. His eyes met Jimin’s for a split second before Jimin looked away. He was about to speak when Jimin turned around and walked away, leaving the door open for him to come through.

Taehyung stood shocked for a moment. Of all the scenarios he’d imagined, this sort of response from Jimin was not something he was expecting. He shook it off and walked in, careful to close the door softly behind him before locking it. Jimin walked to some other part of the house, most likely the lounge.

He bit his lip. There was a tense silence in the house. He really didn’t want to break it. He was scared. After about a minute of standing with his back facing the entrance he decided to speak. “Jimin-ah?”

His voice rang out clearly, but there was no response. Taehyung swallowed. Now he felt more awkward and scared than before. He forced himself to walk into the living room. Jimin was sitting on the couch and staring at the television, but nothing was playing on it.

“Jimin-ah…”

Jimin took so long to respond that Taehyung almost repeated himself. When he did respond it was with a turn of his head in Taehyung’s direction. Jimin’s eyes were directed at Taehyung’s shirt rather than anywhere near his face. “Mhhm.” The sound was short and forced.

Taehyung stepped closer to the couch. “Jiminnie…” he trailed off as his chest was seized by an attack of nerves. He steeled himself and continued. “…I’m sorry.” Jimin’s eyes finally met his. He just stared at him for a few moments, making Taehyung extremely uncomfortable, before he motioned for him to sit on the spot beside him. Taehyung did so quickly.

Jimin leaned forward and away from Taehyung who was now beside him, rested his elbows on his knees and interlocking his fingers. He sat there like that for some time. Taehyung didn’t know what to do. He wanted to touch him, but he had the feeling that it wasn’t a good idea. He would speak, but he didn’t know what to say. Jimin pulled him out of his internal debate by clearing his throat.

“Taehyung-ah…”

“…Yeah?” Taehyung’s voice was soft, cautious.

“Please can you trust me?”


***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

Thanx to all my readers for enjoying the story.

That's all I have to say. :D

Title from: BTS - Hold Me Tight

xxx

Waiting-4-Canon