Let’s only walk on flower trails

SMS - Secrets of My Savior

“Right! Now that everyone is here I would like to make a toast!” Hosoek stood at the head of a table of close friends and raised his glass. The lunch gathering was hosted by him and Hyejin. They insisted to host it because they ‘hadn’t gotten the chance to treat everyone yet’.

“Yah! How can you make a toast with cooldrink?” Namjoon teased.

“It is not my fault that I have decided to lay off the drinks for a while Namjoon-ah. Besides, it’s for the best. When I eventually drink again I’ll have to have less because as it turns out my tolerance is not as good as I thought it was. Last time I had alcohol you guys wouldn’t believe what ha-”

“Okaaay! Let’s just get on with the alcohol free toast shall we?” Yoongi cut in, wanting to spare them all of the details. He got many a grateful look.

“Sure, sorry I got carried away.” Hosoek said with a grin. Hyejin laughed behind her hand, but quickly stopped when Hosoek looked at her accusingly.

He cleared his throat dramatically. “Together and apart we all face many challenges and triumphs. There’s been times when we just wanted to cocoon ourselves in the sheets of our beds and never leave, but that’s what life is like. We make it through those times to find ourselves happy that we didn’t stay all safe and comfortable because if we did we would have missed the fantastic opportunities that fly by like… like leaves caught in a breeze. I’m glad to be friends with all you amazing people and though some of us here know each other longer than others it feels like we’ve all known each other for ages. I feel that life throws us obstacles like heavy workloads and car accidents to remind us how important it is to stick together and work out our differences. Cheers!”

“Cheers!” Everyone raised their glasses and then took a sip.

“On that note I hand over to my beautiful girlfriend. “ The applause was pretty loud due to the fact that the crowd clapping was filled with people who truly appreciated the person who stood up and made her way to stand beside Hosoek.
“Hosoek-ah, I think that was the best speech you’ve ever made!” said Yoongi, a proud look in his eyes. Hosoek grinned and nodded his thanks. The clapping died down to allow Hyejin the opportunity to speak.

“Hey guys.” She said. There was a chorus of response. “I want to let you all know that I’m really happy that I feel so comfortable and welcome amongst a group of guys, though sometimes we joke about it I am the only female here you know...” There was laughter at that. “And yet I have not once felt belittled around you all, your gentlemanly natures and open minds never cease to amaze me. Thank you.”

“Aww…” said Jimin. “We love you Hyejin-ah.” Taehyung added. Everyone nodded in agreement.

“Okay, this is getting too sappy now.” Hyejin said with a laugh. “I wanted to say to you all that I will repay your kindness and friendship well and try to help you all where and when you need it.” Hyejin looked at Hosoek and he nodded encouragingly. “Ahem…” Hyejin cleared .

“What’s going on?” Yoongi narrowed his eyes.

“Well…” she started, “…I want to call Taehyung-oppa and Jimin-oppa to join me outside.”

Jimin frowned, “Yeah sure, but if you don’t mind me asking… why outside?”

“Can I come?” Jungkook asked.

Hyejin bit her lip. “Okay listen Jimin-ah, there needed to be an intervention so I may have done a little something. Everything will work out if you just do as I say for now and… please don’t be mad okay?”

Jimin frowned, confused, and opened his mouth to speak again, but Taehyung took his hand and squeezed it to get his attention. Taehyung whispered in his ear, “Jiminnie, I don’t know what she’s talking about either, but I trust her and I think we should just follow her lead.” Jimin nodded.

”Well, can I?” Jungkook asked again, slightly miffed at being ignored.

“Unfortunately not Jungkookie.” Hyejin replied. “This is something between Jimin-oppa and Taehyung-oppa. Even I’m gonna leave them to it after taking them there.”

“Okay now I’m totally confused.” Yoongi interjected. “Please explain what’s going on or what’s supposed to happen now?”

Hyejin look to Hosoek for help. Hosoek replied to Yoongi’s question. “Hyejin-ah will take Taehyungie and Jimin-ah outside to deal with something. The rest of us will just wait here for her to come back and maybe she’ll explain further.”

“Okay, let’s get on with it then.” Soekjin said, “No use dragging it out.”

Hyejin sent him a grateful smile and took both Jimin and Taehyung, who had stood up and walked to where she was, by the hands and lead them to the door.

When they had walked down the stairs and to the entrance of the apartment building she stopped and turned to them. “I brought someone here who has something to say to both of you. I want you guys to be nice and hear them out, okay?”

“Okay.” Taehyung and Jimin nodded.

“Good. I’ll leave you guys here, just go straight out and turn right, they’ll be waiting there for you. Afterwards you can decide if you want to come back up or whatever.”

They nodded again, confused, but also curious. Hyejin smiled at them before walking back to where they’d come from. Taehyung suddenly laughed. Jimin frowned and looked at him, “What are you laughing at?”

“What if this is just some scheme to get us to leave so they can have a laugh when we come back after having pranked us?” Taehyung said.

“Sometimes I wonder how your mind works.” Jimin shook his head. He looked at the entrance to the apartment building and thought hard. “Well… there is only one way to find out.”

Taehyung smiled and grabbed his hand. “Let’s go.”


- - - - -


Hyejin stopped walking and sighed when she had made it back to the door of her apartment. She hoped that everything would go well and that they would not be mad at her for what she’d done without their knowledge. Hosoek had assured her that it was a good idea and for the best, but there was still doubt and worry at the back of her mind.

She opened the door and stepped back in, almost screaming in fright when her eyes were met with the sight of five people surrounding her and staring. Hosoek stepped forward and put his hand on her back to calm her. “Sorry if we scared you honey.”

“Why are you guys all standing here?” Hyejin asked.

Hosoek answered, “I couldn’t get them to stop asking questions so I told them to just wait for you to come back... they took it quite literally and I couldn’t do anything so…” Hyejin shot him and look and he smiled sheepishly. She muttered something under her breath and slowly looked at the four people still standing around as if creating some sort of barrier to block her path.

“Okay I’ll tell you, but can you guys at least get back to your seats? And stop looking at me like I have the winning Lotto numbers on my head, it’s creepy. Have some self-control, as soon as you don’t know something you’re all like dogs with bones.” She said, putting her hands on Namjoon and Jungkook’s chest’s to push them apart and walk through.

When she’d gone past them they looked at Hosoek with expressions of shock. They weren’t used to Hyejin speaking like that. Hosoek just shrugged. “Gotta love her.” He said.

Hyejin took her place at the table again and took a sip of her drink before paying attention to the eyes on her, following her movements and waiting for something to happen. Hyejin laughed, “You know, guys are just like a girls – no matter how much you deny it.”

“What makes you say that?” Jungkook asked.

“You’re all so into gossip. You love to know what’s going on and can’t wait even a few minutes to find out.

Soekjin shrugged. “Though I’m usually the one dealing with the curious stares and stupid antics to find out what’s going on… today I have to say ‘guilty as charged’ as I am part of the crowd Hyejin-ah.”

“Yeah, we all are.” Yoongi said. “Now care to spill the beans?”

“Fine.” Hyejin said, secretly enjoying being one of the two people who knew what this was all about. She might be a bit ashamed of it at times, but hey… it’s in her nature.

“Jimin-ah has had an admirer for almost his entire schooling career. The admiration wasn’t exactly secret, but Jimin-ah just never noticed it.”

“Okay, but what’s that got to do with what’s happening now?” Namjoon asked.

“He ran into his admirer, her name is Heeyoung by the way, at a store and they’ve been keeping in touch. One day she went to Jimin-ah’s house to visit him. At the time Taehyung-ah was in hospital, though I’m sure she wasn’t aware of that.”

“And?” Jungkook asked, not seeing what the big issue was.

“Well…” Heeyoung paused and let out a breath. “She kissed him.”

“Woah!” Namjoon exclaimed. “Like… just like that? Full on?”

“Yep.” Hyejin confirmed.

“And what happened after that?” Yoongi inquired.

“ He kicked her out of his house and hasn’t spoken to her since.” Heeyoung’s expression was regretful. “She’s actually a really nice person hey… infatuation can drive you crazy though...”

“So she’s liked him all these years and he didn’t notice until she kissed him?” Soekjin asked.

“Yeah.”

“Yah… Jiminnie really is dumb.” Yoongi said in a fond tone.

“Taehyung-ah’s never been particularly fond of her from the time he met her. I guess he saw what Jimin-ah couldn’t. Anyway, long story short Taehyung-ah knows about it now and Jimin-ah’s been ignoring all Heeyoung-ah’s messages and calls.” Hyejin said.

“She was at fault, but if she’s actually nice like you say she is she should get a chance don’t you think?” Soekjin said.

Hosoek replied, “Well, that’s what Hyejin-ah said and I believe her because she’s usually right about this sort of thing and she also knew this girl at some point.”

Yoongi nodded. “So Hyejin-ah, did you meet up with this girl?”

“Yes I did. I called her and agreed to meet her and talk about stuff. I told her that I’d give her a chance to explain herself that she otherwise wouldn’t have.”

“And how did that conversation go?” Jungkook asked.

“Really well. She even apologised for being icy to me in the past because I was dating Jimin-ah.”

“Wow.” Namjoon said. “This is so interesting. I really wonder how the conversation between the three will go…”

Hyejjin sighed. “That’s the one thing that’s been bothering me all this time. I don’t know what will come from this.”

“I think that it will go well, maybe not in the beginning, but eventually.” Yoongi said. “Jimin-ah and Taehyung-ah are not the type to hold grudges. The only thing that would make them do so is if someone messed with one of them. Though this girl technically did that, if she explains herself and is genuine about it then I think it will be fine.”

Hyejin smiled at Yoongi. “Thanks Yoongi-oppa, I hope you’re right.”

“Of course I’m right. I’m a genius.” Yoongi said with a shrug.

“A self-proclaimed one.” Namjoon laughed.

“Still counts.” Yoongi replied.

“If you say so.”

“Okay, let’s get back to eating shall we?” Soekjin said, seeing a pointless argument coming up and wanting to prevent it. Even though they would not be truly serious, he wasn’t in the mood for Namjoon vs. Yoongi in intellectual prowess. “We all just forgot about the food and it’s starting to get late for lunch.”

“I can’t say no to that.” Hosoek said. “Let’s eat!”

“Shouldn’t we wait for them to get back?” Hyejin asked sceptically.

“They’ll understand.” Jungkook said. “Besides, I am starving.”

The room fell into a comfortable silence as everyone dished out their meal and light conversations followed as they enjoyed the food and company.



***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

Hey people!

This chapter took a lot of work and thinking for some reason. Basically it was rough... but I made it YAAY.
By the way this is set on the day that Jimin and Taehyung went tot the park in the morning.
I hope you are enjoying keeping up with the story. Thanx for reading :)

Title from: BTS -
Two! Three! (Hoping For More Good Days)

xxx

Waiting-4-Canon