Burn it up

SMS - Secrets of My Savior

Warning: violence.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They swung their joined hands as they walked and talked on their way into the parking lot. Taehyung’s car was parked some distance away because when they first arrived there were a lot more people. Now there was a lot of space with an occasional car breaking it up. One of the street lights just at the entrance of the parking lot was flickering.

“Taehyung-ah! Hyungie!”

The voice seemed to come from nowhere, but when the bewildered Jimin looked around him, feeling uneasiness settling in his stomach, he saw him. A seemingly attractive man stood next to the pole of a street light. He was squinting at Jimin and Taehyung’s joined hands.

Jimin frowned and turned to Taehyung to ask him who the man was, but when he saw Taehyung’s face he knew. He’d seen that look on Taehyung’s face once before. Hyungie... It all made sense. He turned his head back to the man only to find that he was walking towards them.

Taehyung was frozen and Jimin stood beside him, squeezing his hand in reassurance. When the man got to them he stopped and looked Taehyung directly in the eyes. “Hello Hyungie, miss me?” his voice was as pleasant as his appearance; no one would suspect that he was a bad person. When Taehyung didn’t respond he smiled. It was a smile that made Jimin’s skin crawl and Taehyung stiffen even more than should be possible. “I know you did Hyungie. You probably couldn’t get that beautiful day out of your mind. I bet you even want to do it again.” Jimin could see shininess in Taehyung’s eyes.

The man turned to Jimin with the smile still on his face. “Who are you?” His tone was one that would not go along with any smile. Jimin felt something stir inside him. Suddenly he didn’t feel uneasy anymore. “Hello Taesik.” he said, his voice steady. The man frowned and looked like he was about to speak, he just never got the chance to.

Jimin let go of Taehyung’s hand so fast that Taehyung didn’t even get the chance to register the loss of contact before what came next. Jimin’s muscles flexed as he practically leapt forward and his tightly clenched fist made contact with the space between Taesik’s left eye and his nose. The force with which Jimin had hit him made Taesik’s head whip to the right as he fell to the ground. Jimin wasn’t done.

Taehyung could only watch in utter shock as Jimin climbed onto Taesik and grabbed a fistful of his shirt, lifting him and slamming him back onto the floor with force. He never knew that Jimin had this in him. It was almost surreal – the true strength that his small and unintimidating-looking boyfriend possessed. Taehyung knew that he should probably stop him, but he couldn’t move. Firstly because he was in a state of disbelief and secondly because he felt something he could hardly describe - something close to overwhelming pride mixed with pure love.

He was unsure before, but now Taehyung was certain that he could see blood. It wasn’t a scary amount - just a trickle from Taesik’s nose running down his cheek and dripping onto the ground, some pooling slightly above his lip - but it was blood nonetheless. When Taehyung caught sight of it he realised how much trouble Jimin was going to be in. Taesik was trying to hit Jimin back, but every time Taesik lifted his arm or tried to kick away Jimin hit him again. Taehyung’s heart sank. He didn’t want anything to happen to Jimin.

“Jimin-ah! Stop! Stop it!”

Jimin stopped what he was doing and turned. He looked at Taehyung, frowning slightly, and then he turned back, giving Taesik one last powerful hit before he stood up. His gaze was fixed on Taesik, who was lying on the ground frozen with shock and probably a whole lot of pain. “I’m Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung’s boyfriend.” His voice was like Taehyung had never heard it before.

Jimin at last turned his attention wholly to his boyfriend. His face was unreadable as he walked to Taehyung. “You okay baby?”

Taehyung just nodded. Jimin grabbed his hand. “Come on, let’s go.”

Letting himself be pulled away, Taehyung took one last look at Taesik. He was slowly sitting up very slowly, a hand clasping his face. Taehyung turned away quickly; he didn’t want to have to look into Taesik’s eyes.

When they got to the car Jimin opened the door for Taehyung even though the car was actually Taehyung’s. As Jimin walked around the car to get in the passenger side what had just happened registered in Taehyung’s mind. He covered his mouth with a hand, his eyes wide.

Jimin got into the seat beside him and only had to look at him once to know what to do. He tugged Taehyung’s arm to pull him into a hug. “I’m sorry baby.” he whispered. Taeyung pulled out of the hug after a moment. “It’s okay Jiminnie, it’s just… I’m worried about you.”

“I’m fine Tae. He only managed to hit me back once. It doesn’t even feel sore because it was more of a slap.” Jimin smiled reassuringly.

Taehyung smiled. “I’m not talking about that Jiminnie, though I am glad you aren’t hurt. I’m talking about the future. Taesik is really powerful, what’s going to happen to you… to us even?”

Jimin cupped the side of Taehyung’s face with his right hand. “We’ll always be fine Tae.”

“What about you? I’m scared Minnie…” Taehyung bit his lip.

“Don’t worry Tae. Stuff will work out, okay?” Jimin’s thumb gently pulled Taehyung’s bottom lip out from between his teeth.

“Okay…”

Jimin pecked him on the lips and that succeeded in making him smile. “Tae, swop seats with me, I’ll drive.”

“No it’s fine.” Taehyung answered quickly.

“I think you should take a few minutes to calm down. You just saw that bastard again after so long.”

“Okay then…” Taehyung was secretly relieved. He was actually worried about if he would make it to drive them all the way to their house without freaking out.


- - - - -


It was two days later that Taehyung’s prediction came true. He and Jimin were cuddling on their couch, enjoying a movie together when there was a knock on the door. Jimin had stood up to answer the door with a promise to Taehyung that he’d be quick.

Taehyung had a feeling that something wasn’t okay, a premonition if you will. So when Jimin took longer than necessary he stood up quickly and made his way to the entrance of their house. There stood Jimin with two men. They were police officers.

The officers seemed to be explaining something to Jimin, who looked like a lost child even though he was nodding. When Jimin’s eyes met Taehyung’s he smiled slightly and mouthed a barely noticeable “I’m sorry.”

Taehyung tried harder than he ever had before to keep his calm as he walked up to the officers. “Can we help you?”

“Hello there.” One of the officers answered.  “We have a warrant of arrest for a Mr Park Jimin.”

“That can’t be right.” Taehyung said even though he had a good idea of why there would be one. “What’s the charge?”

“The assault of Kim Taesik.” The other officer said.

Taehyung felt the tight grip on his composure slipping. “You guys are shameful. How much did he pay you huh!? Or did he send someone else to do it?”

“We don’t know what you’re talking about.” The first officer said calmly.

“Don’t know my a-” Taehyung was cut off by Jimin. “It’s okay Tae, we both know I hit him.”

“But this isn’t right! Why would you let them take you?” Taehyung’s eyes were starting to glisten.

Completely ignoring Taehyung’s on-going pleas for mercy, the first officer looked only at Jimin as he spoke. “I hope you won’t make this more difficult than it has to be.”

Jimin nodded and held out his hands. The other officer took a long look at Taehyung and stared into his eyes. Taehyung caught the flash of guilt in them. “Handcuffs won’t be necessary as long as you cooperate.” The second officer then held Jimin’s shoulder to him out.

Jimin looked at the officer hopefully. “Can I please say goodbye?” The officer was about to say something, but was interrupted by his partner, the one who had been the first to speak to Taehyung. “That’s enough. We have to go.”

Taehyung was in a state of disbelief as they took Jimin. Even so, he followed them all the way out and stood outside the gate shouting as they drove away. “I’ll get you out Jiminnie!”

He didn’t bother running after the car because he knew it would be useless. When the car was out of sight Taehyung sighed deeply. How was he going to get jimin out? He just had to… He couldn’t just give up just because Taesik is powerful and leave Jimin at the mercy of the police force on a bribe.

It was at this point that Taehyung truly realised that Jimin was gone. He would have to walk back to an empty house knowing that he was unsure of the safety of his partner. The thought was extremely unpleasant.

Nevertheless he got back into the house. The television was still on. Taehyung switched it off and sat down, coming up with a way to get Jimin out. No matter how hard he thought he couldn’t come up with anything reasonable. His thoughts ranged from asking really nicely to bombing his way into the place they held Jimin in.

Finally Taehyung came to the conclusion that he should tell Jimin’s family and his and Jimin’s friends about what had just happened and try to get help from them. He reached for the phone and contemplated who to dial first. The best option would be Jimin’s brother. Like himself with his siblings, Jimin and his brother got along very well.

Taehyung searched for Jimin’s brother’s number, thinking about how he’d only ever interacted with the boy once before. Taehyung had met Jimin’s family once and they somehow liked Taehyung a lot. Taehyung had been convinced that they would find him weird, but they’d assured him that Jimin was actually just as “weird” as him, just less out there about it.

Several phone calls later Taehyung sat in the lounge feeling very much alone and somehow responsible for what Jimin was currently going through. Jimin’s family was very worried about him, but they’d told Taehyung not to worry about it too much and “work himself into a panic”. He couldn’t tell Jimin’s family or their friends why exactly Jimin had hit Taesik, but he did tell them that he’d done it for him.

Their friends had promised to visit Taehyung to keep him company and give him support. He was grateful beyond belief because he’d never realised just how lonely he felt without Jimin.

Taehyung let out a large breath, puffing up his cheeks a bit in the process. Jimin is in jail…  Wow. And he’d done it for him… Taehyung couldn’t help but feel touched that Jimin had done that for him.

Taesik had deserved it; they both knew that, but the authorities on the other hand…

There was a hoot which meant that someone was at the gate. Taehyung got up and walked to the window to see who it was. Soekjin and Namjoon. It made sense- they lived closer to them than the others. The next to arrive was Yoongi and Jungkook and straight after them Hyejin and Hosoek came in.

Gathered together in the lounge of Jimin and Taehyung’s house, everyone was oddly quiet. Yoongi was the first one to speak.

“So what happened?”

Taehyung cleared his throat. “Well um… Jimin is in jail now.”

“We all know that genius, it’s why we’re here. What did he do?”

“It’s a long story.”

“We have time.” Yoongi said. He then took a good look at Taehyung’s panicked face. “Okay, you don’t have to tell us everything. I’m sure that we’ll all be fine with just knowing the basic outline of what happened.”

Taehyung sent a small, grateful smile to Yoongi before deciding how to go about giving his friends an explanation. “I told Jimin about somebody who messed up my life, my uncle Taesik. He’s a very rich and powerful man. At the time I didn’t know if I would ever see the guy again. After the concert, when we were walking away from dinner with you guys, Taesik was there in the parking lot. He was out of the country for many years. I don’t know why he was there, but he knew I would be there and he came to us. Jimin… I don’t even know what came over him, but he beat him up.”

Everyone in the room looked shell-shocked. There was a moment of silence as the information was processed.

“Jimin-ah beat someone up?” Hyejin asked.

“Yeah.” Taehyung replied. “He did it pretty good too.”

Hyejin smiled. “He must really love you.”

“I know he does.”

“Okay so… he’s in jail now for beating up this uncle of yours?” Hosoek asked.

“Yeah. Police officers came and took him away. They said it’s for assaulting Taesik.”

“Kim Taesik?” Jungkook asked out of the blue. He’d been quietly observing everything, not showing any reaction or participation until now.

“Yes.” Taehyung nodded.

“You say he’s really powerful?” Jungkook inquired further.

“Yes he really is.”

Jungkook nodded and sat back, biting his lip.

“So what are we going to do?” Yoongi asked. “We can’t just leave him in jail.”

“I’ve been trying to come up with something, but I just can’t…” Taehyung’s face betrayed his feelings of despair.

“Don’t worry Taehyung-hyung. I think I know exactly what to do.”

“Huh?”

All eyes turned to Jungkook. He looked around him like everyone was making a big deal about nothing. “What?”

“What can we do?” Yoongi asked.

“What can you guys do? Nothing actually. I just need everyone to be calm. Jimin-hyung wouldn’t want us to worry too much.”

“Okay, fair enough, but what are you going to do about it?”  Hosoek asked.

“I can’t exactly say anything yet, but I need two days tops. I think I’ll be able to get him out. Taehyung, where did your uncle go to when he went overseas?”

“I’m not exactly sure, but I think he went somewhere in America.”

“Okay. I’ll promise that I’ll explain everything to all of you when Jimin-hyung is out. He’d want to know as well so I might as well let out my secret when he’s here with us.”

Yoongi frowned. “Why hasn’t this come up before?”

Jungkook looked at him apologetically. “I’m sorry hyung, I really need you to understand. I was told not to talk about it until everything is settled. I really can’t say anything. I haven’t been told yet if things are settled, but I know that stuff will be sorted out sometime this week. I’ll reveal everything as soon as it is sorted okay?” Jungkook’s eyes were pleading.

Yoongi sighed. “Okay.”

“So…” Taehyung bit his clasped his hands in thought. “You can get him out?”

“I truly think I can manage to, yeah.”

Taehyung smiled in relief. “Thank you Kookie.”


***** ***** ***** ***** *****

A/N

I really like this chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed it to.

Jungkook has something up his sleeve. :D

I'd like to say thanx to:

Falling_Leaves_

Awx22BAP

Rainbow_BLUE


xxx

Waiting-4-Canon