No darkness can last forever

SMS - Secrets of My Savior


At first Jimin and Taehyung could not see anything apart from the usual setting that was the outside of Hyejin and Hosoek’s apartment building. Jimin started wondering if Taehyung’s idea of them being pranked actually had some truth to it when after a good while he spotted a figure making its way toward them.

Neither Jimin nor Taehyung made a move as the person became recognisable as no other than Heeyoung. She stopped a short distance in front of them and seemed to be nervous, avoiding eye contact with either of them. Jimin looked to Taehyung, who met his gaze and smiled slightly, signalling that he was okay.

Jimin looked back at the girl standing in front of them.“Heeyoung-shii.”

She finally made eye-contact with Jimin and she made an attempt at a smile before she shifted her gaze slowly to Taehyung. She took a breath, supposedly to calm nerves, and then spoke. “I know neither of you want to see me, let alone speak to me, right now - but I really need you to hear me out. Please can I get a chance ? If you don’t want to listen or talk then it’s fine, I’ll understand completely.”

Jimin turned to Taehyung, giving him a look that clearly said ‘It’s your call’. Taehyung his lips and looked carefully at Heeyoung, who was now gazing at him with eyes full of hope. Taehyung cleared his throat. “Okay Heeyoung-ah, we’ll hear what you have to say, but first you have to tell us how this unexpected meeting came about.”

Heeyoung smiled genuinely. “Thank you. I understand that this is unexpected and most likely unwelcome. I really wasn’t going to bother you again, but Hyejin-ah contacted me and she said that things need to be made right. I was reluctant at first, but then I realised that she was right and… here we are.”

“Okay, I understand what Hyejin-ah meant now.” Jimin chuckled to himself. It was just like Hyejin to worry about others and make things right no matter how long it took. She’d been like that for as long as he’d known her.

“Go ahead.” Taehyung pushed Heeyoung to speak. His voice was encouraging, but his arms folded tightly to show her that she was not forgiven.

Heeyoung took a few moments, thinking of how to phrase it before she spoke. While she started speaking her eyes were fixed on a point past the two of them – she couldn’t bring herself to look either of them in the eye. “I have been in love with Jimin-ah since the first time I saw him, but he never noticed. No matter how obvious or desperate I became he never seemed to see me. When he dated Hyejin-ah I became really angry and said some things that I’m not proud of. I never accepted that Jimin-ah was gay because I always believed in my heart that I had a chance. After school was all over and he moved on with his life I decided that maybe it was about time I let go of him… because even though I thought that maybe one day he’d see me as more than a friend, he was moving on with his life – why shouldn’t I?”

Heeyoung shifted a bit on her feet and cleared . “That was going really well actually. I had two relationships in those years of not knowing Park Jimin… and they were okay while they lasted. The thing is, when I ran into the boy I’d been in love with for so long one day I couldn’t stop my heart from latching on to him again, having never truly let go of him in the first place I guess. As soon as I got the opportunity I…” Here Hyejin swallowed thickly. “… I expressed my love. I truly believed that I had a chance, even after all those years, even though he’s gay and… even though he has a boyfriend he very obviously loves.”

Finally, Heeyoung looked directly at them again. First she looked to Jimin, studying his wide-eyed expression and then she turned to Taehyung. She looked him in the eye as she spoke. “I am really sorry for what I did. I was blinded by emotion and I can’t tell you enough how much I regret taking advantage of a bad situation.” She then turned to Jimin. “I’m so sorry for taking advantage of your kind nature and for what I did.”

Her eyes switched between them both as she said her final piece. “You don’t have to forgive me, but it would put my heart at ease. I really am very sorry. I would have loved to have known you both on friendly terms. I think we could have been great friends if I didn’t mess up like this for so long.”

Jimin bit his lip, turning to Taehyung as he absorbed everything Heeyoung had said. From the look on his boyfriend’s face it was easy to see that there was an internal battle going on. After a few tense moments, Taehyung met Jimin’s eyes and in them Jimin saw the answer. Jimin smiled softly at him.

“Heeyoung-ah, we’re glad you’ve realised that what you did was wrong.” Taehyung said. “And we forgive you.” Heeyoung’s face broke out into a smile. “You know, I used to hate you, but you’re pretty cool.” she said. 

That was the first time they all felt truly comfortable with each other, the atmosphere was great and their laughter was genuine.


* * * * * * * * * *


A knock was heard on the door to of Hosoek and Hyejin’s apartment. Hyejin eagerly got up from her seat and rushed to open the door. She was met with the sight of three people instead of just the two she’d been expecting.

Jimin smiled at her with true appreciation in his eyes. When they were younger she’d always been a helpful person and that hadn’t changed through the years.  “If it’s not too much trouble, we’d like Heeyoung-ah to join all of us for lunch.” He said.

Hyejin’s face was blank for a few seconds, and then she smiled widely and said, “Of course.” Her eyes met Heeyoung’s and in that moment she knew that she’d been forgiven. It made her happy.

As the group of four made their way into the apartment it was so quiet that their footsteps sounded ten times louder than they usually would. They rounded the corner to the dining room table and were met with blatant stares.

Jimin gave Heeyoung a slight nudge after a few moments of silence and she snapped out of her slight daze. “Umm… Hi everyone, my name is Heeyoung  and I hope we get to know each other well.”

As soon as she’d introduced herself everyone stood up and rushed to greet her. Heeyoung seemed a bit shocked at the reception she received, but who wouldn’t be with the way they crowded around her? As Heeyoung was being questioned about herself Jimin, Hyejin and Taehyung watched from the side.

“I’m glad you guys forgave her.” Hyejin said to them. She looked at Taehyung through her eyelashes, “Are you mad?”

Taehyung smiled at her. “No, I’m grateful. If it weren’t for you we would still have an unsolved situation with her.”

Jimin nudged Taehyung with his shoulder, “Life has a weird way of bringing people together, even if you don’t want it at first.”

“Yeah hey…” said Taehyung, “… I never would have expected to actually consider her as a potential friend.”

“I should probably stop the gathering around her before they suffocate her.” Hyejin said jokingly.

“Actually you should because I’m starving and I think they all just forgot about eating, which is kind of what we’re here for.” Taehyung said.

“Okay everyone that’s enough! “ Hyejin shouted semi-loudly. “We need to continue with lunch.”

“What do you mean continue?” Jimin asked.

“You guys didn’t wait for us?” Taehyung pouted.

“Sorry guys, everyone was too hungry.” Hyejin said “Don’t take it personally.”

“It’s okay, had it been the other way around we probably would have started eating too.” Jimin said with a small giggle.

“Heeyoung-ah, feel free to join us.” Hyejin said with a welcoming smile. “Hosoekie, please get her a chair from the other room?”

“Thank you so much.” Heeyoung said with a low bow.

As they arranged themselves around the table again, now with another chair fitted in between all the others, there was a buzz of chattering.

“Guess what?” Jungkook suddenly said particularly loud.

“What?” Everyone asked, entertaining Jungkook’s sudden need to make an announcement.

“Hyejin-noona is no longer the only girl.” He said with an almost childish smile.

Hyejin laughed and turned herself to fully face Heeyoung. “Friend, you have saved me from being the only female to deal with all their madness.”

Heeyoung’s facial expression said it all. She was ecstatic to be welcomed so openly into the obviously close-knit group of friends. She found herself very comfortable despite only having met the majority of them a few minutes ago. “I’m glad to be of assistance, friend.” She said, adopting the playful tone that had been in Hyejin’s voice.


* * * * * * * * * *


Taesik banged his fist on his oak desk, causing everything on it to shift and the man in front of him to jump slightly in fright. “What?!” he shouted.

The man felt a shiver of fear go down his spine because the look Taesik was giving him could scare absolutely anyone. “W-we can’t do anything about it. There’s  too much red tape.”

Taesik was not impressed. “Aren’t you supposed to be able to remove the red tape? When you named your price you claimed to be able to do anything.”

“W-well… that was before I knew who we were up against. They won’t budge. There’s really nothing-”

“Buy them off! I need that boy to feel my wrath!” Taesik shouted.

The man refused to meet Taesik’s burning eyes. “Sir… I’m sorry, but that’s not possib-”

“Get out! And forget about your payment, you’re ing lucky I’m letting you go unharmed.”

Even though the meeting had gone the polar opposite of well, the man made sure to bow deeply before he left.

Taesik interlocked his fingers and leaned forward with a large whoosh of anger leaving him in the form of a sigh. He would never admit it to anyone, but he knew that it was useless. The people protecting Taehyung and his ‘boyfriend’ were far more influential and powerful than he would ever be.

Taesik ran a finger over the place where his nose had broken; it would never be the same again. ing Park Jimin. It was shameful that he actually had remembered his name…

“Jimin-ah! Stop! Stop it!” Taehyung’s voice sounded very distant, as if there were a thick wall of glass separating him from them. Taesik was pressed to the ground, his assaulter’s body weight and extreme pain from being hit repeatedly preventing him from moving.

The boy on top of him ceased his brutal punches to look in the direction of Taehyung. Then he turned back, giving one last powerful hit before he stood up. Taesik couldn’t move because of the pain he was in and he was still in shock from the attack that had come so suddenly.

The boy’s gaze was fixed on Taesik in a way that was unforgettable. It had so much meaning in it. “I’m Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung’s boyfriend.” The boy’s voice was icy cold.

He told himself that he still remembered his name because he needed to know it in order to unleash his vengeance one day, even if deep down he knew that it would never happen. What bothered him the most was that Taehyung didn’t seem to remember how close they once were. After that night Taehyung had acted as if he didn’t ask for it with all his y mannerisms and the way he used to touch Taesik as if he loved him and only him. Taesik told himself that Taehyung had wanted him, that he still wanted to be his deep down in his stupid, gorgeous body.

That was a thought he now threw out of his head like one would toss a scrap of paper into a bin. Kim Taehyung was a ing problem, him and his ing boyfriend whose cold eyes had steadfastedly warned him to stay away.

Taesik felt angry tears threatening to fall. He stood up and decided to take a brisk walk to take out his anger. There was no point in mentally killing people he couldn’t harm in real life.


***** ***** ***** ***** *****



A/N

I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in so long... school is getting hectic.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter that's finally
here.

Thank you so much for your suport and for continuing to read this. <3

Title from: BTS - Spring Day

xxx

Waiting-4-Canon