우리가 함께 - We are together

SMS - Secrets of My Savior

A/N

This is the shortest chapter, unbelievably short.
It is also the last chapter.
Writing this has been a real journey, through the story and my life.
I truly hope that you, as a reader, have enjoyed the story and I would like to thank you for supporting me.

Title from: BTS - Two! Three! (Hoping For More Good Days)

xxx

Waiting-4-Canon

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung, as per routine, climbed into bed and just lay there as he listened to JImin getting ready for bed. It had always been like this. Surprisingly, right from the start, Jimin always took longer in the bathroom than Taehyung did.

Jimin finally climbed in beside him and, as per usual, turned to face him for a small ‘Good Night’ kiss. Taehyung frowned as he studied Jimin’s face.

“What’s up?” he asked as he took in the suspicious twinkle in his boyfriend’s eyes.

Jimin frowned in return. “What do you mean?”

Taehyung tilted his head. Jimin copied the action. Taehyung chuckled and decided to let it go, making a kissy face instead.

Jimin smiled as dazzalingly as ever and pecked him on his pouted lips.

Taehyung slid down in the bed and covered himself up to his neck while Jimin leaned over and flipped the switch to cut off the lights.

It was then that the most amazing thing happened. A small part of the ceiling lit up with radient green light - more specifically the section of ceiling directly above Taehyung’s spot in the bed.

Taehyung blinked in wonder, clearing the sleepiness from his eyes. There, above his head in glowing letters were four, neatly painted words.

Will you marry me?

Taehyung gasped softly and sat up abruptly. He whipped his head to the side and in the very faint light he could just make out the profile of who he was very sure was the love of his life.

He heard JImin clear his throat lightly like how he always did when he either didn’t know what to say or he was nervous.   

Jimin’s voice was small, but steady and sure when he spoke. “Kim Taehyung, would you please do me the honour of being lawfully mine and only mine as I want to be yours and only yours for the rest of our lives together?”

Taehyung’s voice stuck in his throat as his mind flashed through all he and Jimin had been through. Somehow he never thought that Jimin would propose to him. Hell, he’d even gone and bought a ring for Jimin. Of course he wanted to marry this beautiful soul.

“T-that is…” Jimin stuttered.

Taehyung reached out and yanked Jimin into a kiss. Jimin was shocked at first, but he automatically responded. Taehyung pulled away, breathless, and smiled brightly into the dim room. “Yes Jimin-ah, I’ll marry you.”

Then he hurriedly got out of bed and left a deliriously happy and suddenly confused Jimin behind. Taehyung switched on the light and started rummaging through the bottom of their cupboard.

“Taehyung… what are you…”

Taehyung turned abruptly with a triumphant expression and made his way to Jimin, who was still half under the covers and who had something clutched in his right hand. Taehyung had no doubt as to what it was and his heart swelled with joy.

Jimin could do nothing but stare as Taehyung sank to one knee in front of him and firmly and gently grabbed his left hand, bringing it towards him.

“Jimin-ah… I was going to…” Taehyung chuckled. “You beat me to it I guess.” He slipped a delicate, yet strong band onto the ring finger of Jimin’s left hand.

Jimin’s eyes suddenly widened in realisation and then his face crinkled, reducing them to slits. “Yes, I’ll marry you Taehyung-ah.” Then he took the ring in his right hand and slipped it onto Taeyung’s left ring finger in return. Their hands automatically found each other as the weight of their prosposal started weighing itself comfortably in their minds.

“I love you so much Tae.” Jimin breathed out in pure, untainted happiness.

“And I love you Jiminnie.” Taehyung replied in a most similar manner.

They sat for a few moments studying each other’s faces. Then they looked to their linked left hands, both adorned with a simple silver band of very similar design.

“Aren’t we just precious?” Taehyung asked rhetorically.

Jimin responded nonetheless, “We really are.”

Their eyes met once more, like they always did, but this time filled with thoughts of endless possibilities for the future – their future. And nothing more needed to be said aloud.

 


***
The End.