Let's start the game!

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

      “Watch out!”, Kyu Jong saw a gun pointed towards Kae Yin and threw himself over the woman hugging her protectively.

      Nobody knew what was really happening in there. Their first thought was that Byun Hyun’s business partners were trying to get rid of him but why do it in such a crowded place and with so many witnesses? Revenge?  All sorts of reasons came into Kyu Jong’s head but they all wiped away when he saw one of the attackers hitting the person he had least expected to find in there: “Young Saeng?? Yes, that man is Young Saeng? What is he doing in there?”

      However, there was no time for questions! He knew he had to get Kae Yin out of there and get backups. All of a sudden the woman pushed him aside and ran towards Byun Hyun.

     “Kae Yin, no!! Stop it! We have to get out of here! Remember what Hyun Joong told us!”

     But Kae Yin didn’t listen to him and continued to run. She pulled out a gun and used it to knock the old man to the ground.

     “Stop staring like an idiot! Come and help me! This guy is as heavy as a whale.”

     “What are you trying to do?”

     “Come and help me hide him. They haven’t seen him yet!”

     “What?? Wait!! You want to hide him?? But why??”

     “What do you mean by why?? Are you even a cop? This guys might be here to kill him… you are supposed to protect the suspects, you know?!”

     “No that! I thought… I mean he killed your parents! I thought you wanted to get revenge! Why protect him now when you can obtain it so easily?”, Kyu Jong realised that what he just said was wrong but he was really curious or rather frustrated… he just couldn’t understand the way she behaved. Much to his surprise, Kae Yin stoped trying to drag Byun Hyun and went closer to Kyu Jong looking straight into his eyes:

     “I’ll make sure he pays! But that’s my job! I don’t know who this guys are but they won’t touch him! Besides someone once told me that if revenge is all I needed then I should just quit doing this job! Now I can’t do that, can I?”. Kyu Jong nodded slowly.

     “Now come and help me before they notice us!”

     He rushed to her direction and dragged Byun Hyun behind a sofa covering him with a blanket. All of a sudden there was silence. Somehow the whole picture was clear now. The attackers were five men, all wearing masks and threatening people with guns. Everybody was lying on the ground, scared to death by the thought that they might get killed.  One of them was Young Saeng, who was now standing on his knees, handcuffed, looking rather fascinated at Kyu Jong when someone noticed the two persons behind the sofa.

      “YOU TWO? WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK THERE! I see know! You were trying to get away! Daesu, Kanho, bring them here!”…one of the men, a taller one went and grabbed Kae Yin’s hand pulling her towards their boss.

      “Get your hands off me!”Kyu Jong tried to free himself but his struggle was useless. He managed to knock down the man holding him but then the other threatened Kae Yin with a gun forcing him to give up any attempts to escape. They were both throw near Young Saeng, hands tied behind their backs. It was now obvious that they were dealing with a robbery attempt.

      “They couldn’t have chosen a better moment to try to rob this place! We’re so…so lucky!”, said a sarcastic Kyu Jong but Kae Yi didn’t seem impressed.

      “You idiot! That was your chance to get away!”,the woman whispered.

      “But how about you?! I can’t leave you here! What do you take me for?”,Kyu Jong smiled softly making Kae Yin feel a bit weird. It was the first time someone made her feel important. She felt warmth once again after such a long time. It was now time for them to get away. Kae Yin turned around facing the boss of the attackers.

      “Hey, you! Penguin face! Are you death or something!”

      “Are you talking with me! How do you dare...”

      “Stop the bla bla! Who do you think you are?? I’m going to call the police right now!”

      “What?? Are you crazy, woman? I’m holding a gun! Does it look like a joke to you? Maybe I should prove you how serious I am…”

      “Serious?!  Don’t make me laugh? What do you want? Money...jewellery? You look like beggar...do you call yourself a thief?”

     Both Kyu Jong and Young Saeng looked rather amused at the woman. She was playing with the thieves’ minds and she made it look so easy. Suddenly, she got up in order to distract everybody’s attention while she used her right foot to push a piece of glass to Kyu Jong. The man used it to free his hands and then turned towards Young Saeng. He didn’t trust him but there was something gentle in his eyes that made Kyu Jong help him too. Both men stood up and started fighting with the thieves. It only took them only 2 minutes to clean up the mess just before the police arrived. At the same time the rest of the team rushed in to see if they were all right.

      “Kae Yin, are you ok? Did they hurt you?”, Hyun Joong asked but he was ignored. The woman was looking towards Kyu Jong who was talking with Young Saeng.

      “Young Saeng-shii! I…”

      “Why did you help him?? My father, I mean…”

      “I didn’t! It was Kae Yin who got the idea!”

     Young Saeng smiled: ”So is this way, huh? Hehe, I guess there are some bonds that can’t be broken!”

      “What do you me…”,Kyu Jong was interrupted by Byun Hyun who had just woken up.

      “Who?? What happened?”

      “Are you ok, father? Did they hurt you?”, Kyu Jong could help observing a sarcastic smile on Young Saeng’s lips.

      “I’m fine! Help me get up!”, he replayed with a cold voice when all of a sudden he saw Kae Yin.

      “That girl…she seems to be everywhere!”

      “She’s the one who saved your life, father!”

     The old man went to her and very politely made a deep bow:

      “I heard that you are my savior, young lady! I just had to express my most deep gratitude!”

      “I was just doing my job, Mr …”

      “Byun Hyun! Heo Byun Hyun!”

      “Deh! Well then it was a pleasure, Mr Heo! Have a nice evening!”, Kae Yin simply turned around and left the restaurant followed by the rest of the team including Kyu Jong.

      “Ne, Young Saeng?!”

      “Yes, father?”

      “There’s something really captivating in her eyes, don’t you think?! It reminds me of someone I used to know a long time ago! Somehow I get the feeling that this is not the end!”

      “You have no idea, father! Not even the slightest idea”, the young man whispered to himself.

 

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTE: I know that this chapter is a bit confusing and boring but I needed it in order to get the action started!! I'm sorry but look foreword for the next chapter!! Hugss!!