Destiny can be such a prankster!!!

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

     As soon as Jungmin managed to free Kyu Jong, they both rushed out of the warehouse and kept on running until they reached a crowded street. It was their best chance to get away.

    “I think we’re safe now, hyung”, said Jungmin trying to catch his breath. But Kyu Jong didn’t respond. He was still looking behind.   

    “Hyung ??... don’t you think it was too easy?”

    “They let us escape…”,<what’s going on in here?> thought Kyu Jong while a gray sport passed him. He couldn’t help noticing that the driver had a familiar black hat. “So he was the Prince?”

    “What did you say, hyung?”

    “Nothing,  Jungmin! Let’s hurry up at the station! I need to check something!”

  At the police station

    “Did you find something, Jungmin?”, said Kyu Jong who was walking nervously in circles.

    “Calm down, hyung! You are making me dizzy! I’m a genius in computers but your informations are not very exact.”

    “You have to find out something!”

    “Well I am trying to find the top 10 richest man in South Korea and then select those that have only one son! It’s very vague though.”

   “Still try to do your best. Is really important! Also search for children outside the marriage…”

   “Does it have to do with the people who kidnapped you?? You know that boss told us that he will take care of that.”

   “I can’t just stay here and do nothing. I have to find out who were those men and what did they want…even though that means going against boss. Those people are up to something! I just know it! They even mentioned my father. I have to know what’s the connection between them and dad…”

    “Search completed!!!”

   “What does it say??”

   “Well there are 7 of them that have only one male heir. Three of them live in Hong Kong and other parts of China. They’ve left some time ago and they don’t have any current business running in Korea. Two are in the music business, one runs a chain of restaurants and the other one something related with ships…his company transports different things from Korea to Japan…that’s strange!”

   “What? What’s wrong?”

   “It’s about his child. From what I see here he indeed has a son but he didn’t recognise him officially until he turned 14. He’s about the same age as us now. Poor guy, imagine how is it to know that your father hates you and suddenly he changes his mind becomes your protector. It must e really confusing. He even married the boy’s mom and sent him to the best universities in the USA. It’s probably because he didn’t have a heir so he used what he had.”

    “That’s awful and I thought my dad was bad! Tell me one thing Jungmin…what’s this guy’s name….”

    “Apparently his name is Heo Young Saeng. He was a successful business man in the USA but decided to go back to Korea 5 years ago. His background is really impressive. He even gained awards for his abilities in business management. Check this out! Is an article from an old newspaper: Whoa!!! Kyu Jong, look at the picture. This guy really looks like a prince.”

    “A prince?!”,Kyu Jong looked curiously at the picture and recognised right away those black eyes that he saw on the roof the night before. However he couldn’t be 100% sure. All of a sudden a strong noise disturbed the whole police station. About seven armed man entered the office and the one that appeared to be their leader pulled out a badge and said:

    “Detective Hyun Joong! NCA!”

The office sank in a deep silent with the two man looking surprised almost shocked. The detective seemed more interested in Kyu Jong whom he was watching carefully. The younger didn’t like it so he tried to break the silence when their boss came in.

    “Yes! Good afternoon detective. What brings you to our humble office?”

    “I have something to talk to you. Can we go to a quieter place? And also I would like Mr.Kim and Mr. Park to come with us.”

    “As you wish! Kyu Jong, Jungmin, to my office! Follow me, detective!”

    All four entered the office. Jungmin closed the door and turned around. Kyu Jong threw the detective a death glare and said:

    “Mister…”

    “Please call me Hyun Joong!”

    “…Hyun Joong-shii! Tell us now…what do you want from us!”

    “So the rumours were true! You don’t really like us, from NCA”, said Hyun Joong smiling while the boss gave Jungmin a confused glare. Kyu Jong had a fake smile on his face.

    “It’s has to do with your last mission!”, Kyu Jong and Jungmin’s eyes grew wider. “I was informed that last night you were ambushed near Wu Xiao restaurant and that some guys kidnapped Mr. Kim. I wanted to know if you noticed something suspicious the time you were kept at the warehouse.”

    “You seemed quite informed”, said a smiling Jungmin,”even our colleagues that were there with us at that moment don’t know this much”

    “I don’t…”,but Kyu Jong interrupted:

    “You actually wanted to find out how much we know. Isn’t that right, detective?”

    “You got me there hehe! But that wasn’t a secret! Did the men that took you mention anything weird, maybe a name or something?”

    “Nothing! They didn’t say anything. Besides I was too busy trying to get out of that place.”

    “How about you, Jungmin-shii? Did you see anything weird?”

    Jungmin saw Kyu Jong’s face and played along:”No, when I got there the place was empty. I guess I was lucky. I couldn’t have taken on those gangsters all by myself.”

    “What makes you think they were gangsters”, said a suspicious Hyun Joong.

    “I just guessed. What else could they be?”

    “Well, I guess the boys told you everything they know detective. Is there something else?”

    “No, that was all. Thank you for your time and if there’s something else you remember give me a call”, said the man while writing his personal phone number on a piece of paper. “I guess I have to go now. Have a good day boys and take care of you”, said Hyun Joong looking especially at Kyu Jong. The man made a deep bow and got out of the room.

     What was left behind was a tense atmosphere. The captain was looking at Jungmin and Jungmin was looking at Kyu Jong who had that I-need-to-kill look.

     “Ok, it’s time to give this guy some space”, said Jungmin laughing at his own thoughts.

     “Sir, we need to go now! I know that what we’re going to do may look weird but trust us and don’t ask anything. We’re going to tell you everything later.”

     “I trust you boys, but…”

     “Thanks, Sir!”

     Kyu Jong pulled Jungmin’s hand and dragged him outside the door. Both started to run in order to catch up with Hyun Joong. They managed to do so in the parking lot.

     “I know about the Heo family. But I want to know more!”

     The detective turned around and smiled:

     “Welcome to the team, boys!”

 

Author's note: Chapter 3, everyone enjoy and if there's something you don't understand just ask!! Have fun!!