Team settled! Ready, steady, Go!

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

    The next day came really fast! They spent all night making plans and searching for the best way to end everything so even though it was already morning none gave any signs of wanting to get up. Kyu Jong was sleeping soundlessly on the couch only moving when the sun was getting in his face whereas Kae Yin was in the bed still fully dressed as if she was going to wake up and leave anytime. The morning silence was soon disturbed by the nosy sound of a phone. The woman let out a small grouch as to express her annoyance towards the little intruder. She tried to ignore it but soon it became obvious that it was not going to stop so she stood up and start searching for her phone, eyes still half open. The tiredness was visible and made her quite dizzy. It took her about 5 minutes to find the phone that was hiding under a blanket and turn it off. Luckily, Kyu Jong didn’t seem to have been disturbed by the annoying sound! He just puffed his cheeks and buried his head deeper in the pillow.  Kae Yin had to laugh at the cute scene but she soon remembered that it was going to be a big day and it was really important to be fully awake. After ordering breakfast, she went to take a short shower and then took advantage of the early time to do a full check up on the situation. There were no guardians waiting outside Byun Hyun’s room and from what Kae Yin could find out he hadn’t ordered his breakfast yet. It was still early and after the late arrival from last night she wouldn’t have expected less. However, in the parking lot there were at least three cars that the woman suspected to be related with him. His bodyguards were all over the place as if they were expecting something to go wrong any minute. It wasn’t hard to guess that making business with the Chinese mafia was a dangerous thing even for such a powerful man like Byun Hyun. She soon decided to go back before her presence would look suspicious to anyone and more important before Kyu Jong noticed her absence.

    Back in the room the atmosphere was the same maybe except for the fact that the shower was running, a clear sign that Kyu Jong has woken up. He probably guessed where she was so Kae Yin was expecting a serious nagging after that. However, Kyu Jong seemed to be in a really good mood that morning. It was obvious that he too was tired and maybe a bit anxious but he was trying his best to hide it all behind a warm smile. They both knew that a big storm was coming soon but as scary as it may have been it was their chance to do justice and to make everything right once again! Soon a short ring announced the arrival of the breakfast. Kyu Jong stood up and went to open but the bell kept ringing anxiously.

     “I’m coming! Just a second!”

    Kae Yin went in the bedroom just to be sure but kept her head really close to the door. A sharp noise followed by a bang made her heart jump. Had they found them? Had Young Saeng really betrayed them? What had come through that door was a true storm but more like a warming summer one.

     “Jungmin!! Jungmin, get off! I can’t breathe!!”

     “Hyungggg!!! I’ve missed you so much!! I’m never letting you go!! How could you disappear like that?? Bad hyung!! Bad!!!”

    Jungmin got up and tried to fake an upset look. Kyu Jong’s eyes softened at the sight of his best friend. He had thought so much at the moment when he was going to see Jungmin again that having him right in front of his eyes so soon made it seem unreal, more like an illusion.

     “I can’t believe you haven’t even called to tell me if you were okay or if you needed help! You have any idea how worried I was!”

     “I know! I’m really sorry, Jungminnie! I’ve been through a lot lately but I’ve really missed you!”, Jungmin’s bright smile covered his entire face.

     “Really, hyung?! All right then, I’ll forgive you but next time you won’t get away that easily!”

    “Let’s hope there won’t be a next time!”

     “I don’t know about that, hyung! You seem to be a magnet for bad luck!”

    Both men started to laugh. Jungmin took Kyu Jong’s hand and helped him rise up. Then, he turned around and started checking out the room.

     “By the way, hyung, where did you leave the ice princess? I thought she was with you! How was it to live with her for so long? I bet ‘the commander’ didn’t make things that easily for you! Whoaa your hotel room is bigger than mine…you even have a mini bar! No wonder this is the VIP room….”

    Jungmin was so focused on the surrounding that he didn’t even notice the desperate signs Kyu Jong was making him. However a strong cough made it clear!

     “Kae Yin?? I..I didn’t know you were here! I...”

     “You talk too much! Don’t you ever get tired?”, the woman rolled her eyes and went to take the breakfast. The waiter was still waiting in front of the open door slightly shocked by Jungmin’s reactions.

     “Why were you hiding in the bedroom?”, Jungmin threw himself on the couch.

     “I wasn’t hiding! I went to change my clothes!”

     Kyu Jong was really amused by the whole situation especially since he knew that the clothes Kae Yin was wearing were the same as the ones before. However, he knew that the woman’s pride would never allow her to admit that she was really hiding even if it was for her own safety. Jungmin on the other hand seemed as clueless as usual!

     “Wait, you’re also sleeping in here? Did you two…”, but Kyu Jong stopped him before it was too late. He took a short glance at Kae Yin who went to close the front door and sighted.

     “You’re going to be the death of me some day!”

     “It’s not my fault!! How could I have known that she was there?”

     “I wasn’t referring to that! Forget it! How did you find us?”

     “That’s a long story, hyung! You aren’t the only one with lots of adventures to tell hehe! Let’s just say that people really love to keep secrets. I don’t know exactly what happened but Young Saeng told us where to find you! He’s actually a good guy you know!”

    After serving the breakfast to the boys and gaining a surprised rather shocked look from Jungmin, Kae Yin sat down really close pretending to be busy eating.

     “Us? Did someone come with you? Hyun Joong?”

     “A….no he had some problems to solve. I came with a friend. You’re going to meet him soon!”, the woman eyed him suspiciously but kept silent.

     “Then how about Hyun Joong and the team….”

     “They are all in Taipei! We arrived a few days ago. From what my friend told me, Young Saeng explained the whole situation to Hyun Joong so that’s why he told me to leave and meet you. They had to stay behind to solve something with…”

     “Was it Minwoo?”, Kae Yin interrupted gaining mixed reaction from both Jungmin and Kyu Jong.

     “The traitor, I mean! Isn’t he the one who works for Byun Hyun?”

     “Yes, but…”

     “What??”, Kyu Jong turned to Jungmin. “Minwoo was the one who tried to kill us? It can’t be!”

     “It’s actually a bit more complicated, hyung, but he didn’t mean any harm! He thought he was doing the best given the situation, sending Byun Hyun enough information to help him survive but filtering them so that we won’t be in any danger.”

     “Those guys who came that night weren’t planning to make us a surprise cake, Jungmin. They tried to kill us!”

     “I know, hyung! But it hasn’t been easy for him either! Believe me!”

    Kyu Jong tried to calm down but more and more questions seemed to pop out every time they discovered something new. It made his head go dizzy even more because he knew there were lots of things still waiting to be revealed.

     “But Kae Yin, how did you know about him? I could have sworn it was Sanghyun until the last second! If Hyun Joong hadn’t told me…”

     “I am a profiler, have you forgotten! I may have had doubts about if there really was a traitor but after what happened that night in Busan it didn’t took me long to make a list of suspects !Let’s say he had the highest chances!”

     “Really? That’s so amazing!”

     “You were next to him!”, Kae Yin sat up and went to wash her plate. Kyu Jong turned apologetically to Jungmin assuring him that it was supposed to be a joke.

     “I really admire your courage, hyung! If I had stayed with her for more than one day, I would have ended up begging Byun Hyun for protection!”

     “She’s not that bad!”, Kyu Jong laughed.

    Hours passed really fast with Jungmin filling up Kyu Jong on what happened when they were apart and from time to time gaining a death glare from Kae Yin. Kyu Jong also told him part of their findings without mentioning too much of Kae Yin’s personal’s life. As much as he hated hiding things from Jungmin, he made a promise and was going to do his best in order to keep it.  Around 4 o’clock in the afternoon, Kae Yin disappeared in the bedroom and came back with two sets of black clothes.

     “Take this and go change! We have to go meet Young Saeng! I didn’t understand why he sent us two sets of clothes but I guess that means you’re coming with us…”

    Jungmin pulled out a big smile.

     “Yeyyyy, this is going to be amazing! Let’s go and kick some bad guys!”

    Kae Yin sighted. “I’ll be waiting outside! Hurry up!”

    The place that Young Saeng chose for their meeting was quite close so there was no need to take a cab. They just walked a few blocks and they were already in front of what appeared to be an old restaurant. There were only a few people inside so Kyu Jong assumed that Young Saeng used his influence to rent the whole place and the people there were only disguised bodyguards. As soon as they went inside, a waiter handled a small paper to Kae Yin and turned to face the two men.

     “This way, please!”

    Kyu Jong stopped to wait for Kae Yin’s but Jungmin dragged him after the waiter.

     “She’s going to be all right! Stop worrying so much!”

    At the table, two familiar faces were talking to each other as if they have been best friends all their lives. Kyu Jong stopped for a moment wondering how did Hyun Joong meet Young Saeng and once again his thoughts turned back to the same idea, there were still lots of things that he didn’t know and he wasn’t sure if he really wanted to discover them. He knew for a fact that Young Saeng knew about his secret, he seemed to know a lot about Kae Yin’s too but there was also Hyun Joong. Kae Yin had told him before that she suspected Hyun Joong of knowing the Diamond Ace but he never got the chance to find out what exactly does he know. Only one thing was certain: soon everything will explode and it was up to him to make sure that nobody gets hurt.

    ”When did you got here?”, he turned to Hyun Joong ignoring Young Saeng insinuating smile.

     “Kyu Jong, it’s nice to see you again! You didn’t think I would leave you and Kae Yin face this alone, didn’t you?”

    Jungmin opened his mouth trying to say something but decided to let it go and sat down dragging Kyu Jong after him. After all that happened he didn’t know what to understand from the files he had received before he left but it wasn’t exactly the time to mention them.

     “How about the others?”

     “Don’t worry about them! They are solving some matters I gave them! Let’s focus on our mission, now!”

     “All right then! I’ll just go and bring Kae Yin and then we can start.”, Kyu Jong tried to get up but Jungmin held hid hand giving him an apologetic look.

     “She’s going to join us soon! For now let’s see what we’ve got so far!”

     “What? Why do I have the feeling that I’m the only one that doesn’t know what’s going on in here? Where’s Kae Yin?”

    Kyu Jong’s tone grabbed the attention of the people around so Jungmin did his best to try calming the other one down but to a certain extent he understood him perfectly and that made him feel really guilty. Hyun Joong also kept his head down fully understanding the situation but the prince had no reason to do so whatsoever.

     “She is the kitchen!”

    Kyu Jong turned towards Young Saeng.

     “There’s something she has to do before she…don’t worry, I wouldn’t have let her go if I didn’t think it was safe!”

     “Why would you care about her?”

     “Just trust me…or trust your friend! You’ll find out pretty soon what’s going on! There’s something she needs to solve before that! Now sit down!”

     The man listened and sat down but Jungmin still gave him a concerned look. Things were going to get even tougher for him and they both knew that.

 

  Meanwhile, in the kitchen

     If Kae Yin wouldn’t have felt her heart beating faster as she was approaching the door she could have sworn that it stopped the moment she read the note. She felt her legs shaking and a short, breathtaking pain in her chest but she wasn’t going to stop until she got there and see it with her own eyes. If it was to be a joke then it would be the sickest joke ever but there was still that note. Kae Yin would have never guessed that some simple words such as “The back room” were going to blow so much life into her body. It was the writing, that writing that she saw so many times and yet so few. She was now standing in front of the door debating with herself whether to go in or not. Her heart was screaming for her to make one more step but the fear of a lie was bigger. However, she had gone through so much, too much to keep her away from her only wish. And so she opened the door!

 

 

 

 

Next is the last chapter...hehe...Coming soon!! Enjoy!!!