Guess who's a good guy!

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

     They’ve walked about 10 minutes from the train station in Seoul when Kyu Jong suddenly stopped in front of a huge building.

     “This is it!”, he turned around and smiled. “This is where she works.”

    Kae Yin kept silent.

     “Come on! Let’s go and talk to her!”

     “You go first!”,Kae Yin said with a low voice.

     “What?? Why??”

     “It’s better if she sees a more familiar face. You already said that you know her that means you’ll be able to tell if she’s lying. I’m counting on you to get that information!”

    The man was really confused but she looked lost so he decided not to argue with her anymore.

     “Ok! I’ll do as you said! Meet me in the coffee shop near the station in about 2 hours, okey?”

     “Got it! Now go!”

    Things were really strange between them. The problem was that Kyu Jong didn’t even know the reason this time. Everything was perfectly normal until the day before.

    The day before

     “I’ve already checked and apparently Miss Seo is still a lawyer at the same office as back then! I bought the train tickets so tomorrow morning we’re heading to Seoul!”

     “That’s great…we’re one step closer to getting out of this situation. It’s really starting to piss me off! By the way how did you two meet?”

     “Us? Well I was working with Jungmin at a murder case that took place in our district and we we’re slightly blocked. All the evidences pointed out to one of the suspects but neither of us believed that the man had actually did it. Anyway the point is that I was trying so hard to discover the truth when I got hit by a car. It was my fault for crossing the street without looking; Jung was the one driving. I wasn’t injured but she insisted on buying me dinner so I had to accept. Then I told her about the case and she appeared to be quite interested. She then offered her services to the main suspect and worked with me and Jungmin until we found out the true killer. That was the last time I saw her!”

     “Such a romantic story…”, Kae Yin was obviously being sarcastic.

     “What do you mean?”

     “I don’t mean anything! Just be careful…she might be working for Byun Hyun!”

     “I don’t think so! I mean I don’t know her that well but she really seems like an amazing person…I don’t think she’s capable of working with that guy!”

     “But she was the one meeting Byun Hyun in that bar!”, the woman seemed slightly annoyed.

     “But maybe he’s just a client! Maybe she doesn’t know who he really is…”

     “You’re really annoying, you know? You said it yourself: you don’t know her that well! How could you know if she’s bad or good??”, Kae Yin was really losing her temper and Kyu Jong didn’t seemed to take it calmly either.

     “I just said that maybe she’s innocent! What’s the point in blaming her with no evidences?”

     “But you saw the tape?”

     “So what? There are thousands of explanations for that wave; you just took the convenient one!”

     “What?? Fine, do what you want!”, the woman stand up and went into the kitchen.

    It took Kyu Jong about five minutes to calm down and realise how stupid the fight was. He decided to let it be and just apologise when Kae Yin’s phone rang. It was really weird since they had already changed their phones and nobody knew their new numbers or at least that was what he thought. Anyway, Kyu Jong decided to stick with the plan so he went in the kitchen.

     “Look, Kae Yin! I‘m really sorry for my reaction! I shouldn’t have yelled like that!”. When he looked up to meet her eyes, he panicked. Kae Yin’s face was really white as if she had just seen a ghost and her phone was on the floor.

     “What happened?? Are you ok??”, but the woman didn’t respond, “Kae Yin?? Kae Yin!!”

    Suddenly, she woke up from that stare and saw Kyu Jong holding her hands worried.

     “I..I’m ok! I’m going to bed…we have to wake up really early tomorrow!”Like that, she just went to her room leaving the man confused.

   Back to the present

    Kae Yin was sitting on a bench staring blankly at the cars that were passing by. She had never expected things to go like that! The same rough voice kept messing with her head, the voice that called her the night before "You’re never going to see him again! He’s already dead! I did it! You hear me? Hyung Joon is dead! Aww aren’t we going to miss sweet little bro…"  ’re>and then that laugh. She didn’t even know how to react. Was she supposed to be sad?? Still no tears were coming…Was it true? No it couldn’t be…Who was he? How did he find out her number. She never gave it to anyone else then Kyu Jong…But what if…??

’re>

     Meanwhile, Kyu Jong took the elevator until the 8th floor. As soon as he stepped out a young lady greeted him.

     “Miss Seo is waiting for you!”

     He was surprised but didn’t let anyone see it. He just entered the office, smiling sweetly.

     “Nice to see you again, Jung! I’m happy to see you are doing that great!”

     “What a pleasant surprise, Kyu Jong! Please, take a seat! It looks like we have a lot to catch up!”

    The man put on an evil smirk. “You knew I would come!”

     “Of course, my dear! I know everything! Just like in the night we met! I knew exactly who I had hit with my car!”

     “Then tell me what I want to know!”

     “Not without paying a small price before!”, the man froze. “Haha, calm down! I just want you to answer some questions!”, she started looking around. “But where’s your partner? I thought she was with you all the time!”

    Kyu Jong faked a smile. He was really worried about Kae Yin. “She wanted to leave us some space!”

     “Really? She didn’t look like that type of girl!”

     “Now tell me! What do you want me to do!”

     “Answer me just one short question: How much do you know so far?”

     “How can I know I can trust you?”

    The woman laughed. ”Cautious as always! I’ve got to admit that I missed that! Well for a start I can tell you that I do work for the man you’re looking for. Byun Hyun is my client and a pretty good one too.”

     “Do you know that he’s a…”

     “A gangster? A drug dealer? A killer?”, the man froze, “Not really my business! I only make sure that in front of the law he stays clear!”

     “So you’re protecting him!”

     “Not quite! I’m just doing my job as a lawyer! Besides,  so far I haven’t done anything special! He’s careful enough not to leave any traces behind!”

     “Then how did you know I was coming?”

     “That my dear Kyu Jong is something you need to hear from someone else.”,the woman got up and went to her desk. She took a piece of paper and wrote down an address. “Go to this place tonight at 10 pm and you’ll meet him!”

     “How do I know it’s not a trap?”

     “You don’t but then again you don’t have other choice!”

The man sighted and stood up.

     “Then I’ll take my leave!”

     “So fast? But we haven’t even remembered the old times! At least stay for a cup of coffee.”

     “I’m sorry but someone’s waiting for me!”

     “Kae Yin?”, the man was caught by surprise but didn’t asked anything; he just nodded.

     “Ok then! I guess I lose! Hope you manage to find out whatever is that bothers you!”, she smiled bitterly.

     “Thank you, Jung! Bye bye!”,the man rushed outside the door and went to meet with Kae Yin.

    Kyu Jong reached the meeting point almost immediately but to his surprise, the coffee shop was almost empty. He checked his watch twice to make sure he had arrived on time. It was no mistake! Sudden thoughts of her being in danger rushed into his head but he just washed them away and decided to go look for her. It didn’t take long until the man spotted her in a bus station, the same bus station she had been staying in for about 2 hours. Kae Yin’s face seemed not much different from the one she had when they split. In fact, now it was worse. Kyu Jong slowly sat near her and whispered.

     “Now, can you tell me what’s wrong?”

    The woman flinched.

     “I…it’s nothing”,she forced a weak smile, “What did you find out?”

    He sighted but decided to let it go once more.

     “She gave me this address! Apparently we’re going to meet someone tonight that has the answer to our question!”

     “How do we know it’s not a trap?”

     “Just trust me!”

     “It’s not like we have other options! Okey, let’s go!”

    Meanwhile (what happened during these days in Taiwan)

    The plane took off just a few hours later. It was really hard to take a private plane so they settled to go with a normal one. Luckily for them, it was not very crowded so it was easy to find empty seats in the same area. Hyun Joong was sitting near Jungmin; behind them were Manse and Minwo and a few seats away Kwanhee was accompanying a quiet Sunmi.

     “Hyung, do you think we did the right thing?”

     “What do you mean, Jungmin?”

     “I don’t know! What if Sanghyun is the traitor? Sunmi would never recover after such news!”

     “There’s no need to worry for that! At least not for now!”

     “But he decided not to come with us!”

     “Maybe he was just scared? It’s not easy to put your life at risk whithout even knowing why! ”

     “Sanghyun? I may not know him for so long but he doesn’t even flinch when we talk about murders or when he sees blood. Besides leaving his sister alone…he must have a really strong reason for that…”

     “Do you think Byun Hyun ordered him to stay?”

     “Hyung!”,Jungmin screamed becoming the centre of attention of everybody. “I’m sorry! Hyung, what if he’s going after Kyu Jong and Kae Yin?”, he whispered the last part.

     “They can take care of themselves! For now let’s not make any assumptions until we have the proper evidences!”

     “Jungmin-ah!”, a sleepy voice interrupted.

    The man turned around. “Yes, Manse!”

     “Can I stay in your place? I want to sleep and Minwo keep playing this stupid game of his!”, she glared at the man seated next to her who was to focused on his PDA to pay any attention to her whining.

     “Sure! Come here!”, Jungmin smiled and switched places with her.

    Manse placed his head on Hyun Joong’s shoulder and closed her eyes. From behind, Minwo and Jungmin’s evil laughs were really getting on the leader’s nerve. ”Oppa, oppa, you’re so cute!!Oppa, oppa, you’re so red!!”, they kept singing.

     “Minwo?”, Jungmin turned to the man besides him.

     “Ne?”

     “Why did you decide to join us?”

     “Huh?”

     “I mean at first you told us that it was pretty dangerous and that you didn’t even know who are you going against. What made you change your mind?”

     Minwo smiled.”You!”

     “Me??”

     “Yes! Seeing how much you care about your friend! You’re in the same situation as I am or maybe worst because you’re here only to help Kyu Jong and you never backed out. No matter how dangerous things may get you’re determined to do your best and help him! Then don’t I have to do the same for my friends?”

     Jungmin was really impressed by Minwo’s sincerity: “I’m really happy that you’re here, Minwo!”

     “Me too, Jungmin! Me too!”

     Meanwhile, behind them, Sunmi kept staring at her bracelet.

     “Did your brother gave that to you?”, Kwanhee said with a soft voice.

     “Yes!  He gave it to me in the day we met!”

     “What do you mean? Aren’t you brother and sister?”

     “Yes but… it doesn’t matter! It’s a long story!”

     “Well, I guess we have enough time!”

     The woman looked at him with surprise and sighted: “When we were little…I mean I was about 8 years old and he was 10, I got into some troubles. You see, I used to spend a lot of time at the harbour near the city I’ve grown up in, so one day I overheard some men talking about a planned robbery at the bank. Stupid me, I went to the police with no evidences. Of course, the men were checked but since nothing was found on them, they were left free some hours later. However, the bank wanted to be sure so they put extra guards. It’s not hard to guess what happened next! Since I had ruined their plan, I was kidnapped and threatened to be taken away from home for revenge. Luckily, my brother found me and when they weren’t paying attention he untied me and hid me in a box. He didn’t have time to hide himself as well, so I just had to watch as he was taken in my place. I would have done something but he made me promise I wouldn’t come out until the next morning”, the woman took a short break and then continued,”Seven long years passed without having any news about him. I even got to think he wasn’t alive anymore.My parents took me to Seoul and they never spoke about Sanghyun again. It was too painful, I guess! Anyway, that’s when I joined the NCA hoping to find something about those men that took him. Revenge was all I had in mind in that time. One day I was assigned a mission with Hyun Joong. It was a hard mission; we barely made out alive. But I guess that’s what made me trust him and when we got back home, I told him my story. I still remember his reaction! He smiled and told me not to move from that place even if the world was to fall apart!. Three hours later, he came back with another agent whom he introduced as my brother. Apparently he managed to escape and come back but he never found us again! Hyun Joong met him in the same period and found out his story too. It wasn’t hard to match out the pieces left and discover the link between us!”

     “That’s a really sad story! But then again, it has a happy ending…”

     The woman smiled. “I guess! Anyway, since that moment, he never left my side. Not even once!”, only those simple words her heart felt like burning again.

      “Sunmi, give him some time!”

      “But..”

      “He has to settle his feelings, his future. You can’t force him to do this! He must find out what he really wants and follow his heart!”

      “But he’s alone!”

      “No, he’s not! He was never alone. Even when you were separated, your heart stayed with him. The same thing goes for him too! Have faith!”

      “I will! I promise you!”.She wiped away her tears and smiled. “Thanks!

     Once they’ve reached Taipei, the real mission began. Hyun Joong managed to rent some old offices in a building near the centre of the city and gathered everybody to tell them exactly what they have to do.

      “First of all I have something to confess! It’s about Kae Yin and Kyu Jong. They aren’t in Daegu anymore!”

      The sudden news shocked everybody.“What??” a continuous murmur spread across the room.

      “I’m sorry for not being able to tell you until now but Byun Hyun kidnapped them the same night they reached Daegu!”

     Jungmin eyed Hyun Joong suspiciously. He didn’t expected the leader to tell everybody about his friend’s disappearance after he was told to keep silence about that matter but it was even more shocking the story, Hyun Joong had invented. He never told them about Kwangju and now he came up with the whole kidnap story after he assured Jungmin that both Kae Yin and Kyu Jong managed to escape. What was really happening?

      “This can’t be real!”,Manse covered .

      “Unfortunately, it’s true! But this is not the right time to panic…”, everybody kept silent,“I’ve managed to trick Byun Hyun into coming to Taiwan! This is the best way to get near him and find out where our friends are.”

      “I don’t get it!”,Minwo complained, “What are we going to do?”.

      “With NCA checking everything we do it was impossible to set up a trap. Therefore I decided to move the entire operation to neutral ground: Taipei. What better place than the city that hold Byun Hyun’s company’s most profitable branch. So I just used one of my agents as bait to attract our enemy. He pretended to be a client that needed to transport some drugs to Busan, so he called Byun Hyun and asked him for a meeting. To our surprise, the man accepted without questioning. That was really weird so I have to assume that is one of two possible situation: one, he already had a trip to Taiwan planned so he is going to use the opportunity to extend his business or two and the most probable cause, he already knows about us and he wants to take us out personally. Whatever it is, I needed you, all, here.”

      “It all seems so confusing! How would Byun Hyun know about the base in Daegu and about the trap and why would he accept a meeting without checking the client before?? I have a bad feeling about this!”, Minwo shook his head.

      “What do you want us to do?”, Sunmi stepped in.

      “I have already arranged that my agent meet with Byun Hyun in about 3 days from now. I need someone to go with him? I was thinking Minwo could do this! Meanwhile I’ll use this opportunity to check out some information I got! ”

      “Me?? Why me??”,Minwo froze, “I’m not good at fighting!! Can’t you send Kwanhee instead?!”

      “Hyun Joong, he’s right! We don’t know how this may end but if it’s a trap I’ll be better at protecting your agent than Minwo! No offence, Minwo!”

      “Not taken!”, Minwo let out a small laugh.

      “All right then!”

      “I can come with you if you want!”, the brunet asked shyly.

     Hyun Joong smirked. “This is going to be dangerous! Are you sure?”

      “If I wasn’t sure I wouldn’t have come here in the first place! Maybe I can help you,!”, Minwo smiled sweetly.

      “Fine! Until then I still have something for you to do!”

    Back in Seoul

     It was almost 10 o’clock when Kyu Jong and Kae Yin reached the place they were supposed to meet the mysterious person. It was a sort of a theatre or cinema but apparently it was closed. Normally they would have walked away but Kyu Jong went to open the door and as expected it was unlocked. They both went inside just to see a huge room covered by darkness. The man walked towards the scene when a soft voice stopped him.

     “Looking for someone?”

    He suddenly turned around to see someone facing Kae Yin.

     “Young Saeng!”

     “The one and only!”, the man gave an evil smirk, “You didn’t miss me too much, didn’t you?”

     Kyu Jong was shocked by the sudden apparition. He wasn’t expecting familiar figure, at least not the bad guy. Did Jung really trick him?

     Seeing their confused faces, Young Saeng sighted and sited on one of the chairs on the top row.

     “Ok, ok, calm down now! I don’t want to give you two a heart attack! I came here to help! Just give me a minute and I’ll explain everything!”

     Kyu Jong went near Kae Yin and the prince let out a mischievous laugh.

     “What??”

     “Nothing! Ok, then let’s begin!”

 

 

Author's note: Okey guys!! Thanks for being so patient!! Chapter 16 is up...that means 4 more chapters to go until the grand finale hehe...hope you're still enjoying the story and have fun reading it hugs!!....Should I give you a hint about the next chapter?? Okey! Okey! Stay tune for the next chaper: "So it was you, wasn't it?"...let's discover together who the traitor is!! Any guesses??