Did I miss something?!…

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

     It was a beautiful and quiet night in Daegu. The clock pointed 12 o’clock. It was midnight and the silence from the streets proved it. There was nobody wondering around except for a few cats that were hunting some leftovers from a Chinese restaurant. Suddenly the peace was disturbed by a black car that stopped near the restaurant. Five men, all wearing black, got out of the car and looked at a piece of paper.

     “Are you sure this is the place?”,said a tall man.

     “Yes, that’s the address he gave us. Now we have to go to apartment number 5. It’s at the second floor. But we have to be careful not to make any noise. It’s better not to let anyone know that we are here…ok, guys?”

     He didn’t even get to finish his sentence when the tall guy ran towards the building. He almost reached for the door when he stepped on a banana peel and fell, causing a dumpster to roll over and hit the wall.

     “Great job, Jungmin!”, said a short, fat guy smacking his head, ”Now they’ll surely won’t notice us. Can’t you be quiet for once in your life!!!”

     “I’m sorry, hyung. I am a bit over excited. It’s my first field operation. I’m not used to it. I usually just sit in front of the computer and see how you guys have all the fun. Besides I have too much energy. I ate 3 chocolate bars this morning.”

     “Do you even know what the word silence mean??Do you need me to spell it for you? Whose idea was to bring him with us anyway?”

     “You two, stop arguing! Kyu Jong is waiting for us”,said the oldest man while the others entered the building.

     They knocked twice at the door and Kyu Jong went to open it.

     “Hyung!!!”,said Jungmin hugging his friend and then turning around to check room while the other men entered the apartment.

     “Your place is so nice, hyung!!! And so clean! You should see my house. It’s a food museum. I have the greatest variety of fastfoods. I can’t believe I haven’t visited you even once since you moved.”, said the man while looking curiously at an expensive porcelain statue.

     “Please don’t break anything, Jungmin!”, said Kyu Jong looking helpless at the younger guy who was playing throw and catch with the statue. The older man interrupted:

     “Kyu Jong, are you sure that the drug deal will take place at that restaurant?”

     “Yes, Sir! This is what Jungmin found out from an encrypted message of a well known gangster. He was accused of drug dealing some time ago but the charges were soon dropped and he managed to get away. We have been following him since then.”

     “Good job, guys! I’ll make sure you have a nice salary raise”

     “Thank you Sir!”, both men said smiling at each other.

     After 2 long hours of careful tracking, everybody was bored. Jungmin was sleeping loudly on the bed while Kyu Jong was drawing him a moustache causing everybody to laugh.

     “He’s such a diva hehe”, said one of the men standing on the bed

     “This is called payback!! He always makes fun of us! Hey, Kyu Jong, I wanna do it too!! ”

     “Silence!”, said the older man looking outside the window at a white Mercedes that stopped near the building. “This has to be it!”

     “But there’s nobody coming out!”, complained the fat man sitting near the window.

     “Be patient! Something is definitely going on! It’s just a matter of time until we find out.”

     Kyu Jong was watching carefully outside the window when he saw something glowing on the roof of the building across the street.

     “I have to check out something, Sir! I’ll be right back!”.

     With that Kyu Jong just rushed out of the door without waiting for an answer. He sneaked out through the back door and crossed the street making sure he’s not seen. Then he just climbed the fire stairs all the way up to the roof trying not to make too much noise. There a man wearing a black hat was checking for any movement in the car. Kyu Jong didn’t manage to see his face but he could clearly see the man holding a gun and pointing it to the white Mercedes. He watched him for a few seconds trying to guess what his intentions were. Suddenly the man turned around and smiled. Kyu Jong was able to see his dark eyes staring at him when a sharp pain in his head made him feel weaker and eventually faint.

    The sun’s light slowly touched Kyu Jong’s face walking him up. He was now in what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse strongly tied by a chair. There were two men guarding him standing at approximately 10 meters away from him. Kyu Jong took advantage of the fact that they haven’t noticed him and closed his eyes pretending to be asleep. Any information he could gather was important so he cleared his thoughts and tried to listen to the men’s conversation.

    “They aren’t that different you know!”, said one of the guys.

    “Yes, I know! This kid has the same flame in the eyes. Just like his father. It’s kind of scary!”

    Kyu Jong was breathing harder now. He could feel his heart beating faster:<”Who are these guys? What do they want? Wait, they know my father? Did he send them? What’s going on?”>

    “But you know what?”, the taller man continued, “I still don’t get it why we went through all this trouble just to catch him. He isn’t a threat to young master. Then why did he set up all that drug deal stuff just for him?”

    “You don’t need to know! When Prince wants something he gets it. Maybe it was just a game or maybe this was the challenge his father gave him in order to handle him the business with the Japanese.”

    “Poor Prince! His father sent him in the cage of the lion. He may be the richest man in South Korea but he has no right to treat his only son like that. It’s not hard to understand where did young master got all his coldness. I mean have you seen his eyes…”

     Kyu Jong was know breathless…Thousand of questions were rising into his head:<”Who is this prince? Why does his father wanted me??”>.

     Suddenly the voices stopped. He could only hear the sound of something crawling and then some fast steps in his direction. His heartbeats accelerated when he felt that the unknown person was now standing in front of him. Then he sensed the tights around his arms getting loose so he opened his eyes just to see a familiar face:

     “Hahaha Jungmin to the rescue!!”

     Kyu Jong smiled: ”What took you so long?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey everybody!! I hope you're enjoying the story...finally my sweety prince is here...don't worry his character will be great hehe...Well I hope you'll continue to read and have fun and the next chapters will have an explosion of new characters and also the first meeting between the main characters hehe....Should I give you a spoiler?? Ok, maybe the title...the next chapter will be "Destiny can be such a prankster"