I do it my way...

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

Kae Yin’s point of view:                

      It was one of those awful nightmares…once again I find myself staring at the white ceiling remembering the day when my life was stolen. It has already been over 8 years, 8 years and 4 months to be exact, but I still remember everything as if it happened yesterday. Those blue eyes still haunts me every night. It took me a second to learn how to trust those eyes and also that much to lose my parents, my life, my heart. I am now just a shadow of that cheerful girl that once existed. I made a promise and I’m going to keep it. I’ll just live to find him. It’s all I have left.

Somewhere in Daegu, South Korea (normal POV)

     JUNGMIN !!!! JUNGMIN, WAKE UP!! This is a police station not a hotel room”, said an old man hitting the desk where a young man was sleeping peacefully.

     “Weee ? Just 5 more minutes mom!

     “What?? Mom??? Jungmin wake up right now or you’ll have to find another job!!! You’re supposed to check if there’s something wrong going on in this city not to delight your colleagues with your snoring. WAKE UP I said”, the man screamed so hard that even the French fries on the desk started to tremble. This was enough to wake the sleeping beauty.

     “Sir!! I didn’t hear you! I’m sorry…I was just checking if…if…if the light was strong enough. You know I read a study recently saying that strong light makes your brain smaller and …”

     “Jungmin” said the man with a sweet and I’m-so-gonna-kill-you type of voice “…if you don’t cut the crap right now you are going to be suspended for the next 80 years”

      “Ohhh I know you love me too much!! How would you live without me..?”said Jungmin with his big puppy eyes.

     “Ahh I’m not in the mood for this…where is Kyu Jong??”

     “He went to interrogate the owner of a club, a suspect in a murder case or something like that.”

     “Without a warrant?”

     “Let’s just say that Kyu Jong took it a little too personal.”

     “I told him not to do anything without telling me. Aish this kid. He never listens. Anyway call him right now! I want both of you in my office in 30 minutes.”

     “But I didn’t do anything!!!”

     “In 30 minutes, Jungmin!!!”

After 1 hour

    “Jungmin, tell me something. Why haven’t I killed you until now?”

     “Because you love me too much hyung!!”

     “How could you tell him that I went to interrogate that guy. You know boss hates it when I do things behind his back”

     “Miahnee Kyu Jong!! I was so sleepy…my mouth reacted before I realised it!!You’ll  forgive me, right???”

     “Aish it doesn’t matter anyway. Let’s go! He’s probably waiting for us!!”

     “Hehe I knew you couldn’t stay upset. I’m just too cute”, said the taller man. The other just rolled his eyes and knocked at the door.

     “Good afternoon, sir! Did you need us?”

     “What part of 30 minutes did you two miss??”, said the older man while Kyu Jong threw Jungmin a deathly glare

     “We’re really sorry, Sir! There was a traffic jam and I…It was all my fault. Jungmin had nothing to do with this. I wanted to tell you about the suspect… is just that I thought you were going to stop me. I just know he’s the one who did it. I saw it in his eyes. I just need a little time to find some evidences and then…”

     “And then nothing. There’s no excuse for that. I’ll deal with you two later”,both men froze but the older man took a deep breath and continued with a softer voice “but I didn’t call you for that. I have news.”

     “You got me for a sec. I almost had a heart attack”, laughed Jungmin but the older man just ignored him.

     “As you know next month there will be the exams for the National Anti-Corruption Agency(NCA). I want you two to give it a try. I know it’s too sudden but I think have pretty good chances. Think of it: more money, a normal schedule, besides, I think that you are wasting your talents in this department.” Both men were speechless. Kyu Jong just lowered his head and looked down at the floor. Jungmin noticed that and quickly said.

     “I don’t think this is such a good idea!”

     “Why??”, said the officer shocked, “Isn’t it every policeman’s dream to work in the NCA. You are one of the best hackers I know. You can find any information in matter of seconds and Kyu Jong…we all know that his abilities are far better than anyone else’s…not to mention that his father was…is one of the best detectives that our country has .”

     “It’s too much trouble…besides how are we going to leave you Sir. We would miss you too much”, Jungmin suddenly interrupted him trying to distract the older man’s attention but he had already seen Kyu Jong’s reaction.

    “Now we’re going to leave Sir. We still have to write a few reports. I have mountains of paper waiting on my desk. I don’t even know why we still use paper. Aren’t we in the so called the computer age? Anyway Kyu Jong will definitely help me…right hyung??”Jungmin took Kyu Jong’s hand and rushed out of the room.

     “I’m sorry Jungmin! I didn’t want to react like this”, said Kyu Jong still looking down, “Is just that…every time I think of that agency…those people destroyed my family, my life…once my father joined the NCA he changed…he didn’t come home for days…he started to miss all the important events in my life…he became so cold with mom…all until the day he left us…I just don’t want to become like him”

Jungmin put his hand over his shoulder:

     “It’s ok hyung. You’ll never be like him. You know why?”

     “Why?”

     “Because you’re father never had a crazy friend to keep him on the right track hehe”, said Jungmin sticking out his tongue. Kyu Jong raised his head and smiled a bit.

     “Thank you, Jungmin!”

     “Don’t mention it! But you know what… I have some problems with the reports I have to write about the last mission and I have no idea who can help me”

     “You’re such a jerk!”

     “I love you too, hyung!!”

 

Author's  note: I'm sorry guys for the lengh of the chapter...I'm so busy with school and I don't have time for a longer chapter...By writting shorter chapters I can upload faster . I hope you don't mind and keep enjoying the story. And again sorry for my mistakes.