The perfect team!!!

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

    3 days passed since Kyu Jong and Kae Yin decided to steal the surveillance tapes from the club and it might have been the longest 3 days of his life. The preparation weren’t easy to make especially since they had nobody to help them. Kyu Jong was in charge of finding the place where the police held the evidences, including the building’s plans, the guardians’ schedule, coming up with the perfect way in and the most important the easiest way out. All these weren’t so hard to accomplish but there were other issues that bothered him. Only the thought of doing something against the law made him feel somehow dirty but after all it was the law itself that he believed in that betrayed him first. He knew that this was the only way to make things clearer and to understand what has happened in his past, in his father’s past and at the same time in Kae Yin’s past, whom he felt somehow protective over. The man was used to deal with problems and mysteries but now was different...he no longer had his team, nor his boss and nor his best friend. Jungmin was miles away and he couldn’t get near him. If all these weren’t enough Kae Yin was also missing. It was three days ago that the woman told him that she would be gone for some time and so she did…leave without telling anything where she went to or whom she went to see. In a situation where both their lives were at risk, being alone was the most dangerous thing and Kyu Jong knew that. However, there was no way to stop her so he let her go and focused on preparing everything and wait patiently for the night of the planed theft.

     Meanwhile, outside Daegu

    “Did something bad happened?”,Sunmi asked as soon as she entered the room followed by her brother.

    “We have no idea!”, Minwo raised his shoulders, “Hyun Joong asked as to come here as soon as possible!”

    “I wonder if the NCA found out something…boss seemed really worried at the phone.”

    “From what I know, the detectives from Seoul are still here. That means that at least for now we should be safe”, Manse stepped out from behind a worried Kwanhee.

    “And where’s your new friend?”,Sanghyun asked throwing Kwanhee a deadly glare.

    “He hasn’t arrived yet! But what’s with the attitude…bad night?”,the man stand up facing Sanghyun

    “Boys, stop! Hyun Joong is about to arrive! Boysss!”,Manse was helding Kwanhee back while Sunmi was doing the same with her brother when suddenly Hyun Joong came in followed by Jungmin.

    “What’s happening here?!”, everybody kept silent, ”Ok, then sit down! Now!”.

    They all listened and sat down allowing Hyun Joong to speak up.

    “Look, I’ve gathered all of you here to let you know what is the next step! As you probably already know, the NCA is still keeping a close eye on us so Kae Yin and Kyu Jong won’t be back too soon but we must keep on working. It’s been already too long since we’ve stopped our surveillance on Byun Hyun and I think it’s useless to continue losing precious time. Therefore I’ve decided to retake our previous activities…”

    “But, boss…are you sure this is the wisest thing to do? I mean I’m also bored and I can’t wait to come back to work but what if the NCA finds out?”.

    “I didn’t said it’s going to be easy, Sunmi! But we must take our chance! Of course, since retaking our activities might prove to be dangerous nobody will be required to do it!”

    “What?!!”,they all looked surprised.

    “Well, I’ve been thinking about it and it’s not fair to force you to do something that might end in losing your job or even your life so everybody will have to decide for themselves if they’re going to join us or not. Byun Hyun is a dangerous man and I don’t think he has second thoughts when it comes to killing someone. Unfortunately, you only have 12 hours to decide whether to take the mission or leave it! I wish I could have tell you more but I can’t.  After you have all made your decisions, I’m going to give the instructions for our next move!”

    The last statement left all of them in shock. Hyun Joong had never acted like that, not even when he first asked them to defy the NCA and join him. That could only mean that the so called mission was going to be really special. Hyun Joong was about to step out of the room when Sunmi stopped him:

    “You don’t have to wait until tonight. You know I’m in! A long time ago I decided to be a part of this team and I’m going to do so no matter what!”

    Hyun Joong smiled:”I’m glad you feel so!”

    “Me too, oppa! You know you don’t have to ask me! I’ll always be in your team”,said Manse smiling sweetly to the man.

    “I’m also in!”,Kwanhee said, ”there’s no way I’m going to let that guy get away after all he’s done!”

    “Ok, then…anyone else?!”,Sunmi turned around to her brother.

    “I’m sorry, Sunmi but I’ll have to think about this one!”

    “What?? But Sanghyun!!! You promised…”

    “I only joined this team because you asked me to. I have no wish of losing my life. I’ve been through enough already!”,the man got out of the room leaving his sister behind.

    “I don’t know what’s wrong with him! He’s been acting really weird lately and I can’t seem to figure out what’s making him like that…Sanghyun never tells me anything about his problems or feelings. I’m really sorry!”

    “Don’t worry about him, Sunmi! It’s not easy to make this decision! Just let him be alone for some time…”

   Meanwhile, Minwo stood up and went to Hyun Joong:

    “I’m really sorry, Hyun Joong, but I have to think about it too. I mean it’s not that I’m afraid or so but I want to give it some thought…do you understand me?”

    “Of course, Minwo! I’ll be waiting for your answer then!”’

   Hyun Joong left the room together with Jungmin.

    “You think we did the right thing, hyung? I still feel bad about this.”

    “It’s the only way, Jungmin! Don’t worry, trust me on this one!”

     Centre of Daegu, 7pm

    Kyu Jong was sitting on a bench in a park nearby the centre of Daegu watching closely a small building situated near thousands of stores when suddenly he felt a cold breath whispering to his ear.

    “So how’s everything going?”,the man turned around quickly just to see the person he was waiting for.

    “You scared me! I thought you weren’t going to show up!”

    “I promised you I’ll be back in three days and here I am!”, Kae Yin smiled, ”You aren’t scared of darkness now, are you?”.

   The woman went closer trying to pinch his cheeks but he caught her hand in a second making her blush.

    “Why are you so cold?”,the woman pulled back her hand.

    “It’s like -30 degrees outside. What were you expecting!!Anyway what have you found out?”

    “The evidences are held in a building across the street. Apparently, they haven’t been moved yet even though the case was closed!”

    “Is that normal?!”,the question caused Kyu Jong a surprised look, “What?!! I’m a profiler! It’s not like I work with thieves every day!”, Kyu Jong broke into laughter.

    “I didn’t mean that…it usually takes some time for the evidences to be sealed and send to a secured warehouse…anyway, that’s good news for us!”

    “How’s that good news?...I’m warning you, if you make fun of me one more time I’m going to leave you here all alone, with a bullet in your leg.”

    “Okey… I’m sorry! I won’t do it anymore! I was just thinking that if Byun Hyun had remembered about the surveillance system he would have sent someone to retreat the tapes…that means we still have a chance!”

    “Yeah right! Or maybe he thought it’s not worth it!”

    “You sure know how to break someone’s hopes, don’t you?”

   Kae Yin ignored the man and rushed towards the small building. Kyu Jong followed her slightly amused by her naivety.

    “Wait for me!!”

    “Be silent!! You’re going to wake the entire neighbourhood! Did you bring the plans of the building?”

    “Of course!”,he said handing her a small drawing, “From what I could see it’s easy to get in and there aren’t many guards, especially since the holidays are getting near. The only problem will be getting out before the alarm system goes on. The nearest police station is just five blocks away so if something goes wrong this place will be full of cops in less than three minutes!”

    “I got it! So at what time is the change of shift?”

    “In about 5 minutes…”

    “We still have some time!”,said Kae Yin still looking at the drawing, “Then you’ll go this way and I’ll go…”

    “Wait! Wait!!Are we going on separate ways?!”

    “Of course! How are we going to take care of the guards and search for the video tapes at the same time…I may not an expert in police stuff just like you but I don’t think that the evidences are that well arranged. It’s probably a mess in there…how do you expect us to find them if we stick together?”

    “That’s why I’m saying we have to go together…We can work faster that way…”

    “Do you only know how to argue? All right then but that means we’ll have to be twice as careful not to mention that we’ll have to go down into the basement…be ready to get really dirty…”

    “I can’t wait!”

    “Then it’s settled…now let’s do it!”

    “I’m right behind you!”

     Headquarters

    Almost 10 hours have passed since Hyun Joong set the time limit for the team and the heavy atmosphere was starting to suffocate everybody.  Some of the members gathered in the meeting room with their bags full-packed. Hyun Joong had let them know that something went wrong so they had to catch the flight to Taiwan that left the airport from Daegu in one hour. The tension was rising as neither Minwo nor Sanghyun had made their final decisions. It was all supposed to be cleared soon.

    The clock pointed 11 pm when Hyun Joong came to announce their departure.

    “Waiiit!!”, a smiling Minwo ran towards them, “You forgot me!!!”

    “I thought you weren’t going to come!”

   Minwo sticked out his tongue: “How can I ever leave you my dear friends! I just wanted to give you all a short adrenaline rush hehe…you missed me, didn’t you?!”

    “Stop fooling around and let’s go! We’re already late”,shouted Manse dragging an amused Hyun Joong after her.

    “Yes, mam! Right away!”

   They all walked towards the main entrance of the village where they had a black car waiting to take them at the airport. The arrival of Minwo brought laughter among the members except from Sunmi who was still looking behind. Kwanhee realised that Sanghyun wasn’t going to come after all and grab her hand.

    “Let’s go!”

    “But…”

    “Don’t worry! He’ll be fine! Isn’t your brother the strong one?!”,the woman put on a slight smile and they both rushed to catch up with the rest of the team.

     In the centre of the city

    The way into the building turned out to be quite easy. The place where the evidences of recent cases were held was in the basement so it took them about half of an hour to manage to get rid of all the guardians and pass unnoticed. Once in the room, the search started. There were thousands of sealed files that were forgotten in that dark place. It didn’t take them long to realise that the evidences they needed were somewhere in a small mountain made out of boxes. Both of them started looking for the case numbers written outside of each and every box hoping to find the right one as soon as possible. The guardians were tied and closed in one of the rooms in the second floor but sooner or later someone will notice they are missing.

    It took them another hour to check out the place and the files when Kae Yin finally managed to find the thing they were looking for.

    “This has to be it!”,she opened it and searched through some old clothes only to get at two surveillance videos from the night with the incident.

    “Kyu Jong, where are you? I found them! Let’s go now before someone sees us!”

    Unfortunately, the man wasn’t paying much attention. Kae Yin got up and went to the place where Kyu Jong was standing trying to wipe off the dust from an old box.

    “What happened??What’s in there?”

    The man didn’t answer. Instead he move apart revealing a name that was written with big black letters:    The Diamond Ace