And this is how it all started…

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

     “Therefore our mission is to find out all about his current business with Japan and Taiwan and of course stop him once and for all. Ok guys, I think this is all for today. I let you know as soon as we are ready to make a move. Sunmi, please talk to your connections and find out who were those people that helped Young Saeng kidnap Kyu Jong. I really doubt that his father had anything to do with it but I have to be sure.”

     “Ok boss! I’m on it!”

     “Kyu Jong will help you with everything you need!”. The girl gave him a sharp look but the Kyu Jong was not impressed. He simply nodded and turned his attention to Hyun Joong making the girl kind of angry.

     Meanwhile everybody started to collect their things and make plans for lunch. Manse was begging Hyun Joong to give her the present he had bought for her from Daegu. The detective tried to escape inviting Minwo to lunch but not even he would dare to face Manse’s anger.

     “I’m sorry, hyung but I’m not going to risk getting killed! You have to find your own way out this time!, said Minwo escaping Manse’s death glares.

     At the end, Hyun Joong had no other choice then to go with her. In the other side of the room, Sunmi was looking at a paper with Byun Hyun’s profile while her brother was telling her about a meeting he was going to have with a double agent in order to exchange information. Kyu Jong tried to look for Kae Yin but Kwanhee blocked his way inviting him and Jungmin to lunch. Suddenly Kae Yin sat up, whispered something quick to Hyun Joong and rushed to the door when the leader said.

     “Wait, Kae Yin! I think you shouldn’t go alone! You better take Kwanhee and Kyu Jong with you!”

     “I don’t think it will be necessary! It’s just a simple undercover mission. More people will just make things more difficult”.It was the first time Kyu Jong heard Kae Yin’s voice. She seemed really calm and he couldn’t read any emotions at all. It was a bit scary but at the same time intriguing.

     “They will just wait in the car. Please take them with you! At least this way I won’t have to worry about you being safe!”

     “Do what you want!”, said the girl leaving the room.

     Kwanhee got up and apologised to Jungmin for not being able to have lunch with him and then made Kyu Jong a sign to follow him. The man obeyed and soon they caught up with Kae Yin. All three of them got in the car and the girl ordered the driver to take them to a company known for being the headquarter of Byun Hyun’s business. Kyu Jong felt a bit nervous at first but he soon realised that the building was situated in centre of Daegu and was really famous so no matter what, nobody will try anything suspicious or they would risk to be on the front page of each newspaper in Korea.

      During the trip, Kyu Jong kept looking at Kae Yin. He was really curious about the girl true character. She hadn’t shown any feelings or emotions and what was weirder is that nobody seemed to notice. Or maybe they knew something about her, he doesn’t.

     “Can you stop staring!”, said the girl not moving her eyes from the window.

     “I..I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to stare”, Kyu Jong felt really weird and embarrassed but as he soon as he meet Kwanhee’s amused look he calmed down.

     “Stop here!”, said Kae Yin to the driver, ”I’ll be gone for about 30 minutes. Kwanhee, you can go back now if you want!”

     “I think I’ll just wait here! Good luck and be careful!”

     Both Kyu Jong and Kwanhee remained in the car watching the girl from aside. Kae Yin went and bought herself a cup of coffee. She sat on a bench pretending to read the newspaper when all of a sudden she got up and headed towards the building. Soon after, Kae Yin bumped into a young girl, that was about to enter the building spilling the coffee on herself. The girl started to apologise and made a deep bow. Kae Yin said something to her and they both went into the building.

     “The old trick with the coffee!! That never fails!!”, Kwanhee turned around to see a confused Kyu Jong.”I’m sorry! I know you are still not used to her personality. Don’t worry you’ll learn to accept her…eventually!”

     “But why is she like this? I mean so..so..”

     “Cold?!! I don’t know what to tell you! She was like that when I first met her and she stayed the same way the whole period we worked together before she went to Japan. The only one that seems to know something about her is Hyun Joong. You can ask him if you want to know more!”

     Kyu Jong remained silent and Kwanhee decided to change the subject. They talked about their normal lives outside the job, about their families, childhood and other minor things that friends usually talk when going together to work.

     After approximately 1 hour of waiting, Kwanghee noticed a black car pulling over in front of the building. Surrounded by at least ten bodyguards, the president of the company was making his way in. Both man panicked when they saw Kae Yin almost bumping into the business man. There was an awkward moment when both of them stopped and just looked into each other’s eyes. She broke the contact and kept on going towards the car causing the man to turn his head after the mysterious woman. Kyu Jong felt something weird. He wasn’t sure what that feeling was but he was really angry. As soon as Kae Yin entered the car the driver took off.

     “What were you thinking confronting that guy like this???Are you crazy??Don’t you realise that he’s a murderer! Even a newbie won’t do such a mistake!”, said Kwanhee letting out all his fear. The girl didn’t even flinched. She was too absorbed into her thoughts. Kyu Jong noticed her worried face and immediately stopped the discussion in order to protect the girl.

     “It’s alright, Kwanhee! Nothing really happened!”

     “You’re too nice, Kyu Jong, but a mistake like this on the field can mean losing your life!”, Kyu Jong just smiled bitterly and the matter was dropped.

     As soon as they got back at the village Kae Yin left them.

     “I’m going to report to Hyun Joong! I’ll see you later Kyu Jong!”

     “But…”, Kyu Jong was just left there not knowing what to do.

     He walked for a while looking at the people in the village doing their daily work. There were old men and women, families, even children. If Hyun Joong hadn’t told him that they were all agents he would have believed that it’s just a normal village. Everybody looked at him as if he had spent all his life with them. The children even asked him to join them at a football match. He even helped an old lady pick up some apples from a tree. All this only made him more confused. Was it all real or were the people just playing a sick joke and were only pretending for the sake of the mission. However, Kyu Jong decided to let it be and believe in this new world he was now part of. He headed over to the underground level in order to find Jungmin.

     After checking out the cafeteria and the entertaining room, Kyu Jong decided to go and ask the detective where could Jungmin be. As he reached the office, the man overheard Kwanhee and Hyun Joong talking:

     “I got really scared! I thought that it was going to happen again!”

     “That’s exactly the reason why I told you and Kyu Jong to go with her. Someone needs to keep an eye on her. However, after everything you told I think that it won’t be necessary anymore.”

     “What??? Did you hear what I told you?? She stopped right in front of Byun Hyun and practically challenged him. Fortunately, nothing happened but what if she pulls out a gun and shoots him?? What am I supposed to do then? I can’t control her!”

     “Listen to me! If two years ago Kae Yin would have met him face to face he would have been killed on the spot. If he’s still alive that means her priorities changed!”

     “Priorities?? What priorities?? I thought she only lives to kill him! Isn’t he the man who killed all her family??”

     Kyu Jong froze as he encountered Kae Yin’s cold eyes.