So it was you, wasn't it?

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

     “Actually there’s not that much to explain!”, Young Saeng smiled, “You probably already know my story! Byun Hyun is my biological father…he tricked my mother into falling in love with him while he was engaged with another woman. Mom found out later about her! Apparently Byun Hyun loved his fiancée but she didn’t loved him back…she was being forced by her parents to marry him. That’s why he used my mom for revenge but when he found out about her being pregnant, his little plan fell apart. He threatened my mom to get rid of me but she managed to run away. We never heard of him again that of course until it was the right time!”

    Kyu Jong looked at him apologetically. “You mean when he needed you to be his heir!”

     “Actually, not! It’s quite a long story to tell and to be honest this is not the right time to tell it…”

     “Then why did you even bother to get us here?”,Kae Yin stated glaring at the older man but he just continue talking and ignored her.

     “As I was saying we never heard of him again that until something happened. Let’s just say that I realised that someone has to stop him before it’s too late!”.Kyu Jong wanted to open his mouth but he was quickly cut off by the older man. “Hehe don’t worry! That person it’s not me! I was just the perfect bait!”

     “Actually you’re not telling us anything! I already knew this is a waste of time!”,Kae Yin got up from her seat.

    Kyu Jong wanted to stop her but Young Saeng was faster.

     “You’re the one!”,the girl stopped. That made the man chuckle “I knew that it would keep you interested! You’re the only one who can stop him! I tried to help you as much as I could but now it’s your turn! Byun Hyun is now in Taipei…he’s using his connections to seal up a deal with the Chinese mafia. If it succeeds, it will mean not only hundreds of endangered lives but probably diplomatic conflicts between China and Korea as well.”

     “So you’re trying to trick us into doing what you are not brave enough to do! If you want revenge that badly why don’t you do it yourself? Are you that scared? Or it’s just cowardice?”,the woman said coldly but the prince just smirked.

     “You know exactly what I want! We are not that different, you know!”,the woman’s eyes caught fire.

     “I never wanted revenge!!”

     “Really? Isn’t that why you lost your brother?”

    Kyu Jong widened his eyes. The woman’s heart started to beat faster and she was about to slap Young Saeng when her partner stopped her.

     “Don’t even dare talk about him!”,she hissed.

     “Okay, okay! I didn’t mean to take it that far! Anyway, putting Byun Hyun to jail will take you one step further into finding your brother! Isn’t that what you’ve always wanted? Isn’t that why you join the NCA?”

    Kyu Jong was really confused and somehow disappointed that in the end he didn’t know anything about Kae Yin. Then he remembered something that she told him when he first found out her story

<“You’re such a nuisance! So annoying! Next time you listen to stupid rumours make sure that they are true before you bother your little cute head with them” –

 “Wait! So Byun Hyun didn’t kill your parents???”

 “Yes, he did! But I don’t have any problem with that. Isn’t it funny?”>

    So the missing part of the puzzle was her brother. Still it made no sense in Kyu Jong’s head. Meanwhile Kae Yin looked like she was about to cry.

     “I…”

     “Don’t worry too much!”,Young Saeng interrupted,” That guy lied! Your brother is still alive! I found out a bit too late about him. Actually, it was soon after he called you! You don’t have to worry about it anymore just focus on catching Byun Hyun!”

    Kyu Jong finally understood the call from that night and the strange behaviour she had all day. He was still holding Kae Yin when he felt her body was about to collapse. The man slowly sat her on one of the seats and turned around to Young Saeng.

     “What do we have to do?”

     “That’s simple! Go there and stop him!”

     “Are you kidding me?! We’re just 2 persons! Even if we managed to find out what his plans are…what can we do?”

     “You don’t have to pretend in front of me! I already know the truth about you! I have to confess that I was quite surprised at first but I saw with my own eyes what you can do. You were really impressive that night. Now I understand why Hyun Joong chose you!”

    Kyu Jong gave him a glare and turned to see a senseless Kae Yin. Suddenly, Young Saeng got up!

     “I need to go now! You take care of her, okey?”.Kyu Jong nodded.

     Just before the man got out of the room, Kyu Jong stopped him.

     “One more thing! About Jungmin…”

     “I’ll take care of him!”

     Young Saeng waved and left the room. Kyu Jong muttered a ‘thanks’ and turned to Kae Yin!

    Taipei, Taiwan

     “Mr. Heo, everything’s set for tonight!”

     “Have you managed to reach Young Saeng?”

     “Not yet! I left him a message at the office! He will fly to Taipei as soon as he gets it!”

     “Allright, then! Tell him to come to see me as soon as he gets here!”

     “Got it, sir!”

    In other part of Taipei

     “Sanghyun hasn’t called you yet?”, Kwanghee approached Sunmi who was busy sorting out some papers.

     “Not yet! I guess he will call me as soon as he gets back!”

     “Gets back from where?”

     “I don’t know! I called home and the maid told me that he went to a trip or something like that!”

    Kwanhee gave the woman a suspicious glare.

     “What? You were the one who said he needed to think a while about his future. Maybe a trip was exactly what he needed!”

    The boy nodded but he sensed that something was wrong. Soon after he left the room and went to Hyun Joong.

     “Can I come in?”

     “Of course, you can! Is there something wrong?”, Hyun Joong said without looking away from some papers he had in his hands!

     “It’s about Sanghyun! Sunmi just told me he went on a trip!”

    Hyun Joong raised his head and smiled. Then he focused again on his papers.

     “So what?”

     “Isn’t it weird! I mean at first he refuses to come with us and now he practically disappears…”

    He was cut off by the sound of Hyun Joong’s cell phone. The leader read the message he had just received and whispered to himself “Great”! Then, he turned to Kwanhee.

     “Gather everybody! It’s time to put an end to this!”

    It took the man almost two hours to gather the whole team. Sunmi was still in her office arranging her stuff, Minwoo and Manse were enjoying lunch and Jungmin was busy reading some from a file he had found in the NCA data base while searching for Byun Hyun’s profile. Things were getting really interesting when Kwanghee interrupted him. Soon after, he arrived in Hyun Joong’s office. Everybody was already there. The team leader decided to speak up.

     “I was informed about Byun Hyun’s presence at a party tonight! I think that’s the perfect time to find the proves we need. We will contact him and set up a meeting after the party. Two of you will join the agent who is supposed the make the transaction and meet up with Byun Hyun…that will be Sunmi and Kwanghee. Meanwhile, Minwoo and I will be taking advantage of the fact he’s busy and go search through Byun Hyun’s office. That must be the place where he keeps most of the information. Any questions?”

     “How about Jungmin and Manse?”,Minwoo asked.

     “Manse will be staying here and Jungmin will be our driver. I need someone to watch out in case something goes wrong!”

    Minwoo wanted to say something but Manse cut him off.

     “Why do I have to stay here when all of you are risking your lives to catch this guy?? Am I that useless??”,Manse ran away closing the door after her.

    Sunmi wanted to go after her but Hyun Joong stopped her.

     “Leave her! I’ll take care of that later! You and Kwanhee get ready! You’ll meet up with my agent as soon as we manage to contact Byun Hyun. I’ll ask him to send you a message so just be ready to take off as soon as you get it!”

     “Who is him?”

     “What?”

     “The agent, I mean! Do we know him?”

     “No. He’s a new one but I trust him! Don’t worry you’ll understand everything later! Minwoo, we need to get ready as well!”

    Minwoo nodded and left the room along with Sunmi and Kwanhee. Hyun Joong followed them but turned around to Jungmin as soon as everybody left.

     “You go, pack you stuff and put the bag in the back of the car. Take only what’s essential, ok?”

     “What?? Did something happen? Where are we going?”

     “I don’t have time to explain! Just do as I say and don’t let anybody see you do that!”

    Hyun Joong left the room leaving the man confused. Jungmin felt the need of his friend more than ever. “Should I trust Hyun Joong?! How can I? How can I trust him again after all I’ve read in those files? Aishhh Kyu Jong where are you?!!”

   Some hours later

    It was already 9 pm when Sunmi and Kwanhee received the message from the agent telling them to meet near the central park. Soon after they left, Hyun Joong, Minwoo and Jungmin headed towards Byun Hyun’s office. Jungmin decided to listen to the leader after all. He put some clothes and his laptop on an old bag and stuffed it in the back of the car.

    Byun Hyun’s office was situated in one of the most luxurious buildings from Taipei. It wasn’t strange if you consider the fact that he was after all one of the richest men from Korea not to mention that most of his money came from his businesses in Taiwan. However, what was really weird was the lack of security. There were only two men guarding the entrance and a surveillance system covering the first 5 floors. Byun Hyun’s office was at the 7th floor and of course the access to this level of the building was restricted. Jungmin remained in the car while Hyun Joong and Minwo entered the building and approached the receptionist pretending to be employees from an IT company.

     “We were called in by the director! He said that there are some errors in the data base and he needs them fixed by tomorrow. Can we proceed to the 5th level?”

     “I’m sorry sir but I wasn’t announced that you’re coming. I can’t let you go in like that! Besides, you’re not even in our data base.”

     “But we’ve already shown you our ID Passes.”

     “I’m really sorry but as far as I know those things can be fake!”

     “What?!”,Hyun Joong faked to be offended.

     “I didn’t mean it to sound like that but…”

    Minwoo smiled and interrupted the woman.

     “How about we prove what we can do?”

     “What do you mean, sir?”

     “I’ve noticed that your computer works really slow. There must be some viruses in the system. Can I take a look?”

    The woman blushed and moved aside. It took Minwoo little over two minutes to get rid of all the viruses and get the computer to work as if it was new.

     “I’m really sorry I doubted you!!”, the woman bowed in amazement more towards Minwoo than Hyun Joong who apparently was left aside. “Please proceed to the 5th level. The director’s office is the second on the left.”

     “Thank you, miss…”

     “Jiyoung…Lee Jiyoung!”

     “… miss Lee! Thank you again! Now if you’ll excuse us!”

    Both men took the elevator up.

     “You sure made her night a less boring one!”, Hyun Joong hissed.

    As soon as the elevator stopped Minwoo pressed the button for the 6th level.

     “Wait! What are you doing? The alarm will probably go on as soon as the elevator reaches the floor.”

     “Don’t worry! I took care of that!”

     “What?”

    The elevator’s doors opened and a dark corridor was revealed. Minwoo took the lead and soon they found an office with Byun Hyun’s name on the door. They both entered the room.

     “I disabled the alarms when I used the receptionist computer. They won’t even know we were here!”

     “But how? Those things can’t be in her computer! I mean she’s just a receptionist after all…”

    “I only needed a computer that was inside the building. Technology took care of the rest!”,he smiled.

     “I never knew you were good at computers!”

     “There are lots of things you don’t know about me!”

     “Ma…”and it all went dark for Hyun Joong as he had just received a hit in his head.

    A familiar face was standing now in the room. Minwoo’s eyes widened.

     “Sanghyun…”,he whispered. “What are you doing in here?”

     “Stop pretending, Minwoo! It’s over!”

     “What do you mean?? Was it you?? You did all those things??”

     “It’s too late, Minwoo!”

     “Why? Why did you betray us like that?”

    Sanghyun smiled:“You’re caught!”

    Minwoo panicked.

     “You better surrounded! I’m sure Hyun Joong will take care of the mess you’ve created! Just stop now! Think of your sister! You have no idea how much she cried because of you! Didn’t you promise to always be there for her! If you continue like this you’ll break that promise!”

    Sanghyun’s eyes caught fire.

     “Don’t you dare! Don’t you dare speak about my sister! You can stop pretending now, Minwoo! I already know who you are!

     “What??”

     “It’s you who works for Byun Hyun, it’s you who betrayed Kae Yin and Kyu Jong by informing that murderer about their location…wasn’t it you who suggested Hyun Joong to switch the location from Busan to Daegu?”

     “I have no idea what you’re talking about! Are you trying to put the blame on me?!”

     “How pathetic! Are you still denying it? Isn’t it you who cheated on the entrance test to join the NCA…or the one who hesitated in coming to Taiwan just because you had to ask your master before…”

     “I don’t have a master!”,Minwoo hissed.

     “Or the one who insisted on joining me to this office and already knew the access codes for the alarms”, Hyun Joong got up scratching his head. “Next time do it a little lighter, Sanghyun! I almost lost my head!”

     “I’m sorry Hyun Joong! I was just trying to make it seem real!”

     “Where are Sunmi and Kwanhee?”

     “They are already waiting at the car!”

     “Great job my mysterious agent!”

    Minwoo was shocked.

     “It’s over, Minwoo!”

    The man lowered her head.

     “Since when did you find out?”

     “We knew it all along…I check my agents really well before trust them with my life! It wasn’t hard to find out that it was Byun Hyun who helped you enter the NCA without passing the exam.”

     “Then why? Why did you let me join the team?”

     “Because I needed you to pass the right information to him!”

     “You used me, right?”, Minwoo smiled but his smile was sad, almost bitter.

     “No, I didn’t! I also know the reason why you’re helping Byun Hyun! I know about the fact that he’s the one that saved you…the one that rescued you from that orphanage…the one that trusted you and gave a meaning to your life. But now it’s time to change that meaning!”

     “Are you going to send me to prison?”

     “Would I have gone through all this trouble if I was going to do that?”

     “Then what’s going to happen to me?”

     “Sanghyun is going to accompany you back to Seoul until things are over! Then we’ll see how we manage your situation!”

    Hyun Joong got up.

     “Aren’t you going to search his office?!”

     “There’s no use! Is not like he’s going to keep something important in this building. Too obvious!”

     “Then how are you going to catch him?”

     “I’m not! That’s why I have Kae Yin, Kyu Jong and… Sanghyun, is Jungmin still there?”

     “No, he left before I got here!”

     “Good!”, the leader smiled. “Everything’s going as planned!”

     “You won’t be able to get him, Hyun Joong! There’s no use! You know, I tried that a long time ago and I almost got myself killed. He forgave me then but I don’t think you’re that lucky!”

     “Don’t worry, Minwoo! Everything’s going to be all right! Sanghyun, you can use the fire stairs! I’ll go back now!”

    Hyun Joong was about to get out of the room when Minwoo stopped it.

     “I send Jungmin the files, you know?”

    The leader turned around.

     “What files?”

     “The ones about Kyu Jong! He probably saw them by now! I wouldn’t expect him to come back!”

     “I don’t need him to trust me…I just need him to be there for Kyu Jong and I know he will no matter what.”

    Hyun Joong left the building without any problems. Luckily, the receptionist wasn’t there and nobody asked about Minwoo’s sudden disappearance. Outside, Sunmi and Kwanhee were waiting for him. Sanghyun explained them the whole situation and Sunmi was more than grateful to find out that her brother never planned to leave her. The leader smiled.

     “Now the true challenge begins! Let’s just hope that we can win this one or else it would have all been in vain!”

 

Author's note: I'm so sorry for updating so late! I was so busy with school! I hope you still like the story and if it's too confusing just ask me what you don't understand and I'll be more than happy to explain everything!! Ps: Next chapter baby will be here hehe!! I'm sure you all missed Hyung Joon! I surely did! hehe Enjoy!