Come back to me!!!

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

     “Did you hear that?!”,Kyu Jong whispered.

    Kae Yin stopped moving for a second paying attention to any suspicious noise that could announce an unexpected visitor but it never came.

    “It’s nothing! Maybe just the neighbours! Anyway, it’s already late! I’m going to get some sleep and I suggest you do the same!”, the woman turned around and went inside.

    “Aishh, I’ll never be able to understand her!”,Kyu Jong decided to listen to Kae Yin and went to sleep. However, this turned out to be really difficult. Every time he closed his eyes, memories would pop up in his head, memories of his childhood, of his parents, Jungmin, Young Saeng, Kae Yin…it all happened so fast…he almost forgot that the true reason he had join the team was to find out where his father was but now...

    He got up and moved to the kitchen in order to drink a glass of water when all of a sudden the light went down. He heard the front door opening so he hid behind a drawer.

    “We’re in!”

    “You, two! Go upstairs and bring them to me! Both of them!”

    Kyu Jong couldn’t see anything from where he was standing but judging from the steps and noises there were at least five men. But what were they doing there? It was obvious that he and Kae Yin were the target but who were those guys…There was no way they could have found out about this house! Not even he knew unless…o, no! Kae Yin! Kyu Jong tried to go after her but he saw the men standing in the living room. ; he almost got discovered when 2 of the men joined the others.

    “There’s nobody here, boss!”

    “This can’t be! They were supposed to get here this morning! Have you searched everywhere?”

    “Their things are here…”

    “Then they have to be here too! Search every corner and bring them to me! Now!!”, all the men obeyed.

    Kyu Jong couldn’t help feel relieved. She somehow managed to get away; now all he had to do is find her and get as far as they can. There were too many of them and judging from their weapons they weren’t a joke. He sneaked around taking advantage of the craziness in the house and used the back door to get out! Unfortunately, he didn’t pass unnoticed.

    “It’s the guy! Go after him!! Now!!”

     Kyu Jong ran in the garden managing to escape some bullets that passed right besides his ear. He got down on the ground so that the he could escape the followers when suddenly he felt a cold hand covering his mouth.

    “Shh! If you make any noise, we’re both dead!”

    “Kae Yin??! How did you manage to get out??”

    “Who are those guys??”

    “I have no ideea... from what I can see they are mercenaries.”

    “Mercenaries?”

    “Yes, people who used to train in different military facilities but were kicked out and now they work for who pays the most.”

    “That means NCA didn’t send them. Then who?”, Kae Yin whispered.

    “Why makes you think that…”

    “They don’t work with this kind of guys! They simply send their own agents. It’s cleaner and easier to explain if something goes wrong…We can wonder about this later! We have to get out of here! Any ideas?”

    “I have a plan! Follow me, ok?”, the woman widen her eyes and slowly nodded. She didn’t expect him to be the one getting them out of there.

    “Do you still have your gun?”

    “What are you trying to do?”

    “Give it to me. Hurry up!”,Kae Yin handed him the gun, “Look, I’m going to distract them while you escape…?”


    “What?!!”

    “You have to jump over the neighbours’ fence. I’ve checked them this morning! They have no dogs and it will be easier to get to the main road; once there run as fast as you can and hide. Do not trust anyone, not even the police and do not contact anyone from NCA. Do you hear me?!”

    “Are you crazy??? You just expect me to run and leave you here?”

    Kyu Jong was really surprised by her reaction.

    “I thought you wanted to get rid of me as fast as possible”,he joked.

    “Are you an idiot? This is no time for stupid jokes!”

    “Listen to me! There’s no other way! Besides, I’ll be fine, you don’t have to worry for me!”

    “Who’s worried for you?! It’s just that… you’re supposed to be my…my partner. Who the heck leaves his partner? Your friend will kill me!”, Kyu Jong smiled bitterly.

    “I’m gonna be ok! I’ll find you later! Now all that matters is to get out of here and then we’ll see what’s next!”,Kae Yin had no other choice then to accept.

    “Good girl! Now on count of three…”

    “If you get killed I’m going to kill you again, did you hear me?!”, the man smiled.

    “Three…Two…One…Go!”

    Kyu Jong jumped from the ground and used his gun to take down two men.

    “Now go!”,Kae Yin listened to him and rushed towards the fence. She almost stumbled into an enemy but Kyu Jong shot him in the hand before he even got near her.

    Jumping into the neighbours’ yard and then run to the main road proved to be really easy. There was nothing standing between her and freedom. However, back at the mansion, a real fight was taking place. For a second, Kae Yin turned around wanting to get back and help Kyu Jong but she knew it would only make it worse. There was no other choice but to continue to run and hope that her rescuer will get out alive.

    Three hours had passed until Kae Yin managed to get to a remote motel outside the city. She was tired both mentally and physically and Kyu Jong was the only thing she could think of. Not even Hyun Joong could help her now. The thought of calling him crossed her mind but then it wouldn’t have done any good…it might have been too late…

    The morning caught our heroine sleeping quietly on a chair near the window. She spent most of the night staring at the empty road hoping to see a certain someone but in the end the fatigue caught her. The arrival of the first sunshine woke her up. Kae Yin looked around just to find the same old, dusty room. , she refused to think the worst had happen so she took her jacket and went outside to check out the surroundings. However, as soon as she got out of the building, she bumped into a familiar face.

    “Found you!”

    Kyu Jong was standing in front of her with the same smile on his face but his condition was not that good. He was obviously tired and her clothes were really dirty. Kae Yin just remained quiet watching the man carefully.

    “I’m sorry for being late! It took me quite some time to found you! You really know how to cover your tracks…”,he stopped talking as soon as he saw the woman turning around and heading back into the motel. Her attitude really surprised him. He was expecting to get slapped or at least yelled at for being reckless but none of these happened.

    “Kae Yin, wait! Did something happen while I was gone? Kae Yin!”, Kyu Jong grabbed her left hand causing the woman to turned around.

    “Kae Yin?!”

    “I’m glad you are back!”,with that she went to her room leaving the man shocked by her sudden reaction.