One step closer...

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

     The next morning Hyun Joong gathered the whole team in the main office, the same room where Kyu Jong and Jungmin first met the others.

      “The reason why I called you all here is that I have a new information. As you know, Kae Yin retrieved the suspect’s agenda allowing us to check his schedule for this month. Tonight, Byun Hyun was supposed to meet with a group of business men from Singapore. After some research we found out that the meeting was cancelled two weeks ago. However nobody besides him seems to know that. Not even the secretary or his family! That gets us to two things. First of all that means they have a secret way of communicating with each other, maybe a private satellite line, and the second is that something is going to happen tonight.”

      “Are we sure this isn’t a trap? I mean maybe he figured out the notebook is missing”, interrupted Minwo looking kind of clueless.

      “Kae Yin already took care of that!”

      “So what do we have to do?,the man smiled.

      “Well we will divide you in three teams in order to follow his every step. This is really important! You can’t be seen! And I have one more request from you: as strange as it may sound I don’t want you to interfere no matter what happens! Not even during the meeting!”

      “But what if we catch him red-handed?? This may be our only chance to obtain something against him and you are asking us to let it go?? I don’t get it!”, Sunmi asked really curious and a bit pissed off.

      “Sunmi is right! What’s the point in just following him if we can’t even collect evidences to lock this guy up”, said her brother.

     To everybody’s surprise Kae Yin stepped forward and started to explain:

      “There’s no way that he would do something obvious! If he was that stupid NCA would have caught him earlier and this discussion would be useless. When we deal with someone as dangerous as him the more details we obtain the better! That’s why you will all receive a recorder and use it to tell his every movement, every detail no matter how unimportant it may be…”

     Everybody seemed pleased with the explanation except from Sunmi who hated when someone told her she was wrong.

      “So what are the teams?”, Kwanhee asked Hyun Joong.

      “Well, Sunmi and Sang Hyun! You two take the first shift! Manse, I want you and Jungmin to keep in touch with the teams on the field! Unfortunately we can’t put a tracking device on his car so it will be really hard if they lose him. I hope you can be their eyes!”

      “No problem, boss!”, said a smiling Jungmin, ”Just give me 10 seconds and you have his current location!”

      “Thank you, Jungmin! You do that and pass it to everybody’s PDA’s. Manse, take him to the nearest computer room!”

      “Yes, oppa!!”

     Manse left the room and Jungmin followed her but not before whispering to Kyu Jong.

      “I have a feeling that you are stuck with the ice princess once again. Enjoy hehe!”

     Kyu Jong wanted to hit him but everybody’s eyes were on him so he decided to keep silent.

      “Ok then! Minwo, Kwanhee and Kyu Jong, you will replace Sunmi and Sang Hyun around noon and Kae Yin and I will take him during the meeting!”

     Nobody complained about the teams although Kyu Jong couldn’t help feeling a bit disappointed. “I just wanted to see if she was still seeking revenge..that’s the only reason…”, he whispered to himself.

6pm, centre of Daegu (3 hours left until the meeting)

      “It’s so boring!!!”,complained Minwo causing Kwanhee to laugh; Kyu Jong was watching carefully to see if Byun Hyun has left his office.

      “I want to go back now! This guy hasn’t moved from his desk since we arrived! I think he’s stuck!”

      “You have to be patient and stop screaming! Do you want all the street to find out that we are under cover! Why don’t you invite them in (they were in a minivan)!”

      “Great idea! Maybe they will buy me a pizza…with bacon and cheese and… kyaaaa I’m hungry!!”,Kyu Jong and Kwanhee were both laughing.

     Kwanhee suddenly turned around.

      “Oh no!”

      “What happened, hyung?”, Minwo asked with a innocent smirk. Kyu Jong also turned around.

      “His car is not longer in the park lot! Aish, we should have paid attention!”, Kwanhee threw Minwo a blaming glare.

      “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to distract you two! So what do we do now? Go back? We have to tell boss what happened!”

     Kyu Jong took his phone out telling the others not to worry.

      “Jungmin?! Kyu Jong here. Can you do me a favour? I need to track down Byun Hyun’s car!”

      “No problem, hyung! Just count until five…ok stop counting now!”

      “I haven’t even started yet! Anyway where did he go?”

      “He’s car is heading to the main street and just passed the Crown Hotel.     There is a small club nearby. I think that’s the final destination. It’s quite elegant and it only receives VIP guests!”

      “I got it! Thanks, Jungmin! Talk to you later!”

      “I’m sorry, Hyun Joong! We weren’t careful enough and we let him get away! I’m really sorry! It was my fault!”,Kwanhee bowed.

      “No! It was my fault too! I shouldn’t have lost my focus!”,Kyu Jong apologised.

      “Don’t worry, guys! Jungmin found him immediately so no harm was done to the mission. Just pay more attention next time!”

     Minwo smiled sweetly towards the leader and then walked towards Manse.

      “So what are you doing here?”, Minwo whispered causing the girl to flinch. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean o scare you!”

      “I asked her to come! Kae Yin wanted to get a closer look so Manse made her and Kyu Jong membership cards.”

     Kyu Jong didn’t expect to be the one chosen to go with Kae Yin inside. He looked confused at the girl but she was too busy analysing the club.

      “Ok! Let’s go! We need to change!”

      “Why?”,The man checked his clothes to see if something was wrong making the other men laugh.

      “Are you kidding me? How do you expect to go in the club dressed like this!”

      “But what’s wrong with my clothes?”

      “Aish! Come on!”, Kae Yin took Kyu Jong’s hand and pulled him towards the minivan. The man didn’t expect this to happen so he was speechless. He couldn’t help wondering if Kae Yin chose him to join her in this mission or if Hyun Joong forced her again. Both went in the car and changed their clothes.

      “Ok, now be careful and try not to let Byun Hyun see you! Remember that all you have to do is observe!”

      “Deh! We got it! Now let’s go”.

     Kae Yin rushed towards the club and Kyu Jong followed. As soon as they entered, they saw Byun Hyun drinking at a table near the bar. He looked as if he was waiting for someone so the woman decided to get closer and sat nearby. Both of them froze when their target turned around checking Kae Yin carefully. Kyu Jong almost thought that they have been discovered when he suddenly heard someone calling him:

      “Kyu Jong! Yeobooo, pay attention! Who are you looking at?!”, Kae Yin was pouting and acting like a spoiled brat. Kyu Jong’s brain froze when he saw her coming closer and whispering to his ear.

      “If you spoil this mission I’m going to kill you! Keep pretending and stop staring like an idiot!”

      “I…I..”

      “And stop stuttering! I hope you won’t make me regret having brought you with me”

     So it really was her! But why?! Why would she choose me? I thought she hated me!...However it might have been, Kyu Jong didn’t had the courage to ask so he just whispered a softly “I’m sorry!” and played along:

      “I’m sorry, dear! I haven’t been to this club before! It has a great atmosphere!”

     They kept playing with each other for one more hour when suddenly Byun Hyun waved to someone in their direction. Kae Yin took Kyu Jong’s hand in order to calm him down and to prevent him from looking too fast at the unknown person. The man understood the message and smiled causing her to feel a bit weird. All of a sudden, two consecutive gun shots coming from nowhere triggering total chaos.

      “Watch out!”

 

 

      Author's note: Hey guys!! I hope you like the story and I' really sorry if it's rather confusing. It's my first fanfic so I'm trying to learn as much as I can! Well have fun reading it!