You’re annoying! But you’re so cute!

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

      Kyu Jong froze as he encountered Kae Yin’s cold eyes.

     “I..I..wa..wasn’t spying!! I ju..just wanted to…”,Kyu Jong tried to explain but he was caught off guard.

     “Don’t bother! I don’t really care!”,said Kae Yin then entered Hyun Joong office. Kyu Jong realised that the woman knew he heard everything so there was no other choice than to follow her in.

     “Did you call me?”

     “Yes Kae Yin! I was informed that today’s mission was a success. Did you manage to obtain the information?”

     Kae Yin threw a little red notebook on the desk. Hyun Joong smiled while Kwanhee was looking confused at Kyu Jong.

      “Great job, Kae Yin! But how could you take it like this! What if his secretary finds out that it’s missing. Don’t you think it would look weird?”

      “What do you take me for?”.Kae Yin seemed annoyed which amused Kyu Jong. “This isn’t the real notebook. I copied it and then give it back. Besides after analysing her writing I don’t think she would ever suspect something. She’s too clueless!”

     Hyun Joong saw Kyu Jong’s confused look so he decided to explain: “Kae Yin is a profiler. She analyse people’s personalities and behaviour based on their writing or by following their gestures or way of speaking and so on.”

     The woman just ignored them and continued:

      “He wakes up at 6 am…comes at the office at 8 and leaves at 6pm just in time to have dinner with his family. He was never seen leaving the house at night nor skipping any of his business meetings. His record is therefore clean. That if we don’t mention the fact that he enjoys cheating his wife. ”

      “Do we know for sure that?”

      “Yes, I’ve already checked it out. Once a week, the same hotel, different women. Nothing seems suspicious!”

      “So the problem is even bigger than I thought. That means that at least some of his partners are in the drug dealing stuff too. That’s the only way this makes sense”, said Kwanhee letting out a sigh. The conversation continued with Hyun Joong and Kwanhee talking with each other about probable suspects. Kyu Jong was looking at the notebook that Kae Yin took from Byun Hyun’s secretary when he felt somebody looking at his. He looked around just to encounter the woman’s eyes checking him out carefully. The man blushed and started coughing while Kae Yin just turned to Hyun Joong. Kyu Jong thought to have seen a smile on her face but he wiped that idea fast as he could.

      “I want to go and meet with Byun Hyun. ALONE!”

     All the men in the office stared almost shocked.

      “But, Kae Yin! I ca..I can’t let you go alone”,Hyun Joong gave Kyu Jong a worried look, “You already know why! I mean”.

      “He already knows everything, Hyun Joong. You can stop the prank now! He knows the Byun Hyun killed my parents.”

      “I’m sorry! I heard it accidentally earlier before I entered the office.”

     The detective seemed almost relieve.

      “I understand! Look…nobody has to know about this! Well, Kwanhee and Sunmi already found out but that’s all and we would like to keep it like this.”

     Kyu Jong was really worried. He knew that Kae Yin was a great agent, Kwanhee had already told him that she’s really good, but he couldn’t accept that her only reason is revenge. He loved what he did. Maybe it was because of his father but he had always thought that being a cop or a detective has more to do with protecting people. There was no room for personal revenge. Besides he hated the idea of seeing Kae Yin ruining her life because of a murderer. But why did he care after all? Before Kyu Jong could clear out his mind, he noticed that Kae Yin had already left so he ran after her.

      “Kae Yin!! Kae Yin-shii wait!!”,he ran so fast that when the girl stoped he bumped into her back.

      “I’m so sorry!”The girl kept silent. “About earlier…I heard Hyun Joong saying… I wasn’t eavesdropping or something but I heard him saying that your family… I mean Byun Hyun… I..”.

      “I got it! You accidentally heard that Mr. Heo killed my parents. I‘ve already noticed that.  Anything else??”

      “I’m really sorry but I think you should give up this case.”Kae Yin’s black eyes widened but Kyu Jong knew he was right so he tried to explain himself as better as he can.

      “I know we don’t know each other that well…actually we’ve just met and I don’t have any right to tell you what to do but this is not right!”

Kae Yin raised her eyebrows.

      “You can’t use this mission for revenge! I don’t know how you feel but I know from experience that rage only makes things worse…you shouldn’t ruin your life just to get revenge”.Kyu Jong took Kae Yin’s hand.”I promise that we will catch him! He will pay for what he did to your parents but let me do it. Please, give up this useless revenge!”

     Kae Yin pulled back her hand and Kyu Jong instinctively took one step back and closed his eyes. He really thought she was going to slap him but instead she started laughing. That really shocked Kyu Jong. He was absorbed into her childish reaction.

      “You’re such a nuisance! So annoying!”.All of a sudden she stopped laughing and watched deep into his eyes giving him cold chills…”Next time you listen to stupid rumours make sure that they are true before you bother your little cute head with them…”. Kae Yin realised what she had just said and turned around to avoid Kyu Jong seeing her blushing. She took a deep breath and walked away.

      “Wait! So Byun Hyun didn’t kill your parents???”

     Kae Yin answered without turning around:

      “Yes, he did! But I don’t have any problem with that. Isn’t it funny?”

     Kyu Jong froze as he watched the woman leave. His mind was a complete mess. How can someone be so cold? Did she really mean it? Was it true that Byun Hyun was the killer? But wait did she said cute???Suddenly he felt something cold on his neck.

      “Yaaaa!! Jungmin, what are you doing?? The water is cold!!”

      “I’m sorry hyung but I was afraid you’re brain will be toasted after all that thinking! I have to take care of you!!”

      “Yeah right!! By the way, where have you been? I’ve been searching for you all over the village!”

      “I was at Ms. Kwon’s house!! Kyaaa this people really know how to grow vegetables. I never ate such amazing carrots in my life!”

      “You’re such a carrot maniac! Come on! Let’s go ask where can we sleep! It’s been such a long day!”

      “Follow me, hyung!!I’ve already seen the house! It’s really nice and all our stuffs are already there.”

      “But how did they...ok doesn’t matter. If there’s one thing I’ve learned today is that it’s better not to know certain things…let’s go and sleep.”

  Half of hour later

   The house was situated in the centre of the village, just ten minutes away from the entrance to the underground level. It had a small kitchen that was still empty, a dining room, one bathroom and a bedroom with only one bed. After 20 minutes of arguing, Jungmin obtained the bed and Kyu Jong had no other choice that to improvise something near the bed.

      “Don’t forget I have priority at the bathroom, ok Jungmin? That’s the price you have to pay for sleeping in that bed.”

      “Yes, hyung! Whatever you say”, but Jungmin seemed to pay more attention to the shadows on the wall.

      “Did you hear what I just said??I’m the first one to go to the bathroom tomorrow, got it?”

      “Deee…You’re so stressed out! Hard day? I thought you’d have fun with the ice princess!”

     Kyu Jong threw him a death glare and turned off the light.

     “All right! I got it! I’ll be quiet now! But you know what hyung?”

      “What?”

      “You’re blushing!”, said Jungmin trying to escape the pillow that was flying in his direction.

      “Good night, hyung!”

      “Good night, Jungmin!”,said Kyu Jong smiling, still thinking at the same words…”that cute head of yours”.