When things get harder!

You can't get rid of me even if you want to...

 

  Kyu Jong’s POV

    Once we passed the huge, iron gates, I could clearly see a mansion almost ten times bigger than my old house. I couldn’t help myself wondering how could Hyun Joong, one of the most important agents in the NCA, buy such a big property without his superiors finding out. The view was really impressive. Although it was obvious that nobody had lived in the house for some time now, the building seemed clean and took care of. I remembered then that Kae Yin had told me about a lady that came here once a week and I couldn’t help wonder if she had already been informed about our arrival.

    “Hurry up! I presume you’re not going to spend all the day staring at the house!”, I heard her cold voice calling me. I guess I am not used to people order me around or else I can’t describe this feeling I have every time she talks to me. I followed her inside and wait for her to choose a room so I could do the same. Luckily, two bedrooms were already prepared for us. Apparently, someone knew we were coming so they left everything in order. I even checked the fridge that was full with delicious home-made food. It was funny to imagine Jungmin’s face if he could see all the food we have in here. I left the headquarter only 3 hours ago but I still miss him. I guess I’ve already gotten used to him teasing me all the time. That scares me the most! How can I replace that with Kae Yin’s cold personality? I kept asking myself how should I behave or what should I say so that she won’t get mad at me. It was noon already but there was one more hour until lunch so I decided to explore the mansion. The house was huge. From the little I’ve seen of it, I’ve already counted five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a huge living room with an old TV; it didn’t appear to have any phones or computers which made me wondered if I brought my charger with me. I really didn’t want to ask Kae Yin for one. Since we arrived she hasn’t gotten out of her room or at least I haven’t seen her do so. My room was next to hers so I could clearly hear when the door was opened or closed even when I didn’t want to.

   Author’s POV

   It was already 1pm when Kae Yin got out of her room and headed towards the kitchen. Kyu Jong had already set up the table and heated the food. He expected at least to have a quiet meal together and try to see if they could improve their relationship. However, the woman just went for a glass of water and headed back to her room when Kyu Jong rushed and grab her hand. Kae Yin turned around meeting the man’s big brown eyes.

    “What do you want?!”,he released her hand.

    “Look! I know we didn’t start this right and it was probably my fault. I shouldn’t have interfered in your matters but couldn’t you just forget me for that. I mean we don’t know how many days we are going to spend here. It could be a week or two months…I’m just saying we should try to get along.”

   Kae Yin looked surprised. She didn’t expect this to be happening. For her, reading people’s mind was really easy...it was part of her job, but the man standing in front of her was a mystery.

    “So?!”, Kyu Jong let out a tired sighed.

    “Could you at least join me for lunch? I just heated what was in the fridge! I’m not going to poison you or something!”

   She really wanted to argue with him saying she wasn’t hungry or in the mood to eat but seeing his sad face made her give up and sat at the table.

   The lunch was quiet. Kae Yin really hated to have to give explanations and she knew that if she was going to say something in the end he will end up asking questions. Meanwhile, Kyu Jong was in a very awkward situation. On one hand, he was wondering how did he get himself into this and on the other, the woman besides him seemed as if she already hated him with all her heart. It was really tiresome! All of a sudden, he noticed her glaring at his plate. Kyu Jong couldn’t help laughing a bit when he realised that Kae Yin had already finished her food but she was too shy to ask for more. It was finally a human gesture from the ice queen as Jungmin used to call her. To her surprise, he just got up and served her another plate.

    “Here you go! Eat a lot, you’ll need the strength!”

    “Th-thank you!”

  Kae Yin’s POV

    How did he know?! It’s becoming really annoying! I never seem to figure out what’s going in his head. Maybe because they are so much alike…always smiling and fooling around…just like him…like my little Hyung Joon. I will never forgive myself for letting him go! What kind of sister am I?! Anyway it’s too late now, too late for regrets and too late for forgiveness…I just need to hang on a bit…just until I catch that guy and ask him why…that’s all I want to know…

     “It’s something wrong?”,he asks me seeing that I haven’t touched the food.

     “I’ve lost my appetite!”, I stand up and went to my room leaving him confused. I really hate to do that but there’s no other way. He is too innocent…I can’t destroy him like I did with my brother…not to him too. Aishh everything would have been so much easier if Hyun Joong had let me handle this alone!!

  Author’s POV

     Kae Yin just sat there by the window for hours thinking about the past, about guilt, about her mission until she felt her head was about to explode. Reading, sleeping, nothing seemed to work; she even missed dinner. It was almost 9pm when the woman decided to go outside for some fresh air. She slowly opened the door trying not to bump into Kyu Jong. There was no noise coming out from his room so she just supposed that he had fallen asleep. Outside, the sky was crystal clear. Although it was night, the stars were shinning so bright that you could easily see through the dark as if a celestial light was guiding the way. It had been so long since Kae Yin had seen such a magical view. She kept hearing his brother’s laugh when they were little and Kae Yin was telling him another made up story about heroes that were transformed into stars…she just wished that somebody would send her back in time, into her own memories; but the reality was really painful. It had been a long day. So much free time revived her thoughts, her past. There was practically nothing to do in that house, nothing to keep her busy. Then her hatred came back! It wasn’t directed towards Byun Hyun but towards herself. Nobody else knew what happened after the murder of her parents. They all said they understand but nobody actually did…not even Kyu Jong. For some reasons she hoped that at least him would understand but he gave her the same confused look as the others did..

     The backyard of the house looked like a practice field, which was nothing unusual for Hyun Joong. He had always been obsessed with training and improving. Kae Yin needed to get all her anger out so she pulled out her gun. What she didn’t new is that she was being watched by a pair of curious eyes. The woman pointed the weapon towards an old bottle of soju and shot. She missed the target by an inch, which only made her become more frustrated. The second try had the same outcome.

    “Bend your knees!”,the voice startled Kae Yin. He was supposed to be asleep, ”You have to bend your knees more and keep your back straight!”

    She tried to argue but seeing Kyu Jong’s serious look left her with nothing more to say. He got closer and went behind her to show the right way to hold the gun. Her body froze when she heard him whispering. She tried shotting a third time but missed as well.

    “You have to focus on the target!”

    “Just leave me alone, will you?!”, the girl moved aside.

    “Let me show you!”,he grabbed the gun and vaporised the target in a blink of an eye. If Kae Yin wouldn’t know better, she would have thought that the man didn’t even look at the bottle when he shot. The woman was really impressed but she tried not to show it.

    “Impressed?!”,Kyu Jong had an evil smile on his face.

    “Show off!”

    All of a sudden the sound of a car pulling over in front of the mansion made both of them froze.