What Are You Thinking About?

Normalcy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everyone's been making great progress this week. Zitao and Hyunwoo are well under way with the hip hop sector. I'm sure everyone will love your 'how to be almost as swaggy as me' workshop. Rian and Dawon are almost finished working with the drama club on the musical theatre sector. And Nari has finally finished the first composition for our main performances. It's safe to say we are on schedule," Gaeun announced.

The room erupted into half-hearted applause.

"Don't take this as a signal to slack off, however. There is still so much to do so, get to it!" she demanded.

Immediately everyone dispersed at her words.

Things had been ramping up in the music club that week. The amount of bodies in the club room seemed to have doubled, the bins were filled to the brim with energy drinks, and the usually unnoticeable suddenly became impossible to cover with makeup. But Nari didn’t seem to feel it at all.

She turned to Kyungsoo and he smiled softly at her.

"What are we doing, director?" Kyungsoo started.

She averted her eyes as her cheeks grew hot. "I guess we should find a practice room."

He nodded and went to Gaeun to inform her of their plans. Swiftly returning, he grabbed her wrist after grabbing his bag, and led Nari out of the club room. Her eyes remained glued to the sudden burning presence on her arm, wide and shaky. It was so out of character, especially in their relationship, if she could even call it one.

It made her blush even worse when he finally let go with nonchalance and walked off down the hall. She followed behind reluctantly and ready to crawl into the nearest hole she found.

"The practice rooms should be down this hallway,” Kyungsoo stated.

But the shakiness in his tone made her doubt his knowledge. Nevertheless, he was right, as they walked down a hallway filled with soundproof rooms. He opened one of the doors and they entered the room. Kyungsoo sat on the plastic chair by the door. Nari stood awkwardly in the doorway.

"Sit down, Nari." He chuckled.

She made her way to the electric keyboard gradually and sat down. Kyungsoo took his music folder out of his bag.

"So, I read through the piece a bit over the weekend but I haven't had a chance to have a full practice yet," Kyungsoo explained.

"That's okay," Nari reassured him.

"Also, do you have a title yet?"

Nari slipped her writing notebook out of her backpack and flipped through the pages delicately, very aware of the fragile binding and weak paper. She’d meant to by a new one for a few years now but she never got around to it.

"I have a few but I'm still debating for now..."

He nodded gradually. "We can get started then, I guess."

Nari nodded back and put her notebook down to start playing. Kyungsoo coughed slightly before following her melody with his voice. A voice she hadn’t heard for so long. A voice that her ears always welcomed with open arms. A voice that melted through the notes she played until she could only hear him. Only see him. I guess this was why I liked him… Nari thought.

"What are you thinking?" Kyungsoo asked.

She snapped out of her daydream, not realising he had finished.

"Not good?" He asked again.

She shook her head frantically. "It was good, sunbae."

He smiled softly. "Another run?"

Nari nodded and started to play again until she felt a burning into her face, coming directly from Kyungsoo’s gaze. Her fingers fumbled to a stop on the keyboard and her eyes lifted hesitantly to meet his. He peered into her with an indecipherable expression, making her heart beat increase tenfold. Her palms grew sweaty, naturally clenching together on her lap, and as she did her mind couldn’t help but bring her back to a si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter