Acting Weird

Normalcy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae

Jongdae was walking leisurely along his usual path to school when he heard fast, stomping feet approaching him from behind. Already knowing who those feet belonged to, he turned around to greet Baekhyun with a half-hearted smile. Baekhyun ran up, wrapping his arm around Jongdae’s shoulders, swinging the both of them back and forth as they walked.

“Jongdae, my friend. It’s been almost thirteen hours since we last saw each other,” Baekhyun started excitedly.

“It’s been too long,” Jongdae replied sarcastically, shifting uncomfortably under Baekhyun’s arm.

Baekhyun chuckled at him. He released Jongdae from his grip.

"Hey, I was thinking about joining the music club. What do you think?" he spoke suddenly.

Jongdae turned to Baekhyun with astonishment.

"How about no?" Jongdae suggested.

"Oh, come on. I think I've really found something in myself. I might really have talent."

"I'm gonna disagree."

"You haven't even heard me."

"I'm just gonna keep disagreeing until you stop talking."

Baekhyun huffed, crossing his arms. "Fine. If you must rain on my parade, I won't join then."

"I just saved a lot of people in the future."

Nothing could stop Baekhyun from smacking Jongdae on the arm. He quickly rubbed the red hand mark left, daring to half-glare at Baekhyun. As he took his fiery eyes off of him, Jongdae sighed as he realised their impending closeness to the school gates. Or rather their impending doom as Jongdae would normally describe it.

"Why do you want to join anyway? It can't be because you think you can sing because you would've joined already if that was the case," Jongdae started again.

Surprisingly, Baekhyun's eyes shifted nervously as he thought of his response.

"I don't know. I just thought it would be a fun time, you know. Add it to my university resume as well. It's a win win situation," he replied confidently.

"I'm gonna disagree again."

Baekhyun frowned. That caused Jongdae to realise that they were so close to the school gates now.

“If it’s just for your resume, you already have the hapkido club for that.”

“Yeah, I guess. But everyone does sport…” Baekhyun sighed.

"I mean, if you really want to, do it." Jongdae said unenthusiastically.

"Thanks for your half-hearted support, Jongdae," Baekhyun said.

Jongdae laughed at his sarcasm, but only momentarily as they passed through the front doors of school, his mood instantly dropping like they’d walked through a portal into a more depressing version of their world.

"You know what, I take it back. The music cl-" Jongdae tried to begin.

However, Baekhyun was quick to shove his hand of his mouth, muffling any sound that could form into words. It was then that Jongdae noticed the people in front of them, or rather Chanyeol and Nari turning around at the sound of his voice. His mind was quickly wiped of thoughts of yelling at Baekhyun as he spotted them. Baekhyun let go of him and ran up to walk with them, leaving Jongdae to catch up.

-

Chanyeol stared at his chopsticks intensely. He had been for the past five minutes. Jongdae looked at him worriedly before proceeding to eat his rice. As he ate hesitantly, his eyes glided over to Baekhyun next to him, who seemed to be peering into space. Jongdae moved into his line of vision, his eyebrows creasing as he found himself looking at Nari laughing with her friends. He shrugged it off quickly before he could jump to conclusions.

Then, suddenly, the chopsticks were dropped. Both Jongdae and Baekhyun jumped as they turned to Chanyeol with wide eyes.

"Guys, I think it's working," he stated.

"What? Your new acne medication?" Baekhyun retorted.

Chanyeol shot him fiery eyes. "My skin has always been flawless, thank you very much."

"That's not what the pills next to your bed tell me."

Before he could scream his lungs out at Baekhyun, Jongdae spoke up.

"What is working, Chanyeol?"

He took a deep breath before replying, "What I was trying to say before someone rudely decided to interrupt, is that I think Nari is getting better."

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun asked sceptically, seemingly more interest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter