The Twitch

Normalcy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin

Jongin shifted around in his desk chair restlessly. The breaks he had between lessons were his greatest torture. Teasing him with the idea that it could possibly be lunch time until he glances around the room to find his classmates seated comfortably as they wait the ten minutes until their next teacher arrived. It was his unfortunate fate as a high school student, as he called it.

“Have you seen Nari this morning?” Sehun started.

Jongin stopped shuffling in his seat for a moment to look at Sehun. His eyes, his nose, his mouth, were all straight, like a plank of wood. No surprise. Sometimes Jongin thought he lacked any emotion, like he wasn’t capable of feeling. This was one of the many things he found frustrating about his best friend.

“No…” Jongin replied, not hesitating to look at him with suspicion.

Sehun nodded simply and Jongin used all his strength to prevent himself from scoffing. Instead he stared at him, astonished, as he always was at Sehun. He never ceased to amaze or dumbfound.

“Why do you never ask about Sunhi? I, unfortunately, see her everywhere.”

And suddenly, a twitch. Sehun’s nose shifted only slightly as Jongin questioned him and if he could Jongin would’ve screamed in rejoice. So, he isn’t a robot… he thought. Jongin smiled lightly as he observed Sehun’s somewhat moment of nervousness.

“I didn’t ask about her…? I thought I did,” Sehun answered calmly.

And just like that, the twitch had stopped, as if it had never started.

Jongin sighed, finding himself accepting his defeat yet again.

“You are a piece of work…” he stated before turning back to the front of the classroom.

Thankfully their next teacher walked in before Jongin could return to his restless state.

-

“Hurry up,” Sehun said as he left the locker room.

Jongin frantically shoved his shirt over his head and rushed out after him. He shot lasers to Sehun as he caught up.

“You could be patient for once,” Jongin suggested.

Sehun turned to him, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. It took Jongin all he had to not punch him in the face.

They waltzed over to the stands by the soccer field and sat down, waiting for the rest of the class to assemble. Jongin looked around the field and found a group of girls on the opposite end of the bleachers to them whispering frantically. One or two would sneak glances over their shoulders every few moments and the others would just blatantly stare. He couldn’t help his chuckle as he watched them notice him and Sehun. It was moments like these that made it hard for him to stay as humble as he was.

He lifted his hand up and confidently waved at the girls and it was as if an alarm had gone off. A simultaneous squeal erupted from the group that began frantically looking away instead. Sehun’s attention was now drawn towards the girls as well and it set off another alarm.

With his ego successfully boosted, Jongin was on the edge and before he could think it through, he winked, just as they had begun to calm. And yet another a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter