Back To Normal

Normalcy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nari switched on her phone screen. She switched off her phone screen. She switched it on. She switched it off. She switched-

“Just text him already!” Sunhi exclaimed.

Nari jumped, turning to Sunhi nervously. The whole class looked at them for a moment before going back to their chatter.

“You’ve been turning that on and off for the past five minutes.” Sunhi smiled knowingly.

“I have no idea what to say…” Nari mumbled.

“Write as I say: “Sehun, meet me for lunch by the flower garden”.”

Nari typed out exactly what she said and hesitated over the send button. Her thumb hovered too long as Sunhi pressed down on it for her, clicking the button. Nari’s eyes widened as she saw it loading to a send. Her heartbeat sped rapidly as she slowly watched the message turn to seen.

“Now, you know what you have to tell him, don’t you?” Sunhi snapped her out of her fright.

“I think so,” Nari replied queasily.

Sunhi pat her on the back but, nothing could calm her now as she was left to wait in two hours of torture.

-

Nari stood in the doorway, her feet not moving a step further. She stared at Sehun. He sat under the largest tree, branches spreading out over the majority of the garden. His back to her, he looked the same as normal. The way she always saw him. Calm and comforting. However, she knew that would change as soon as she saw his face, and that was something she needed to move past. Something they were going to move past together.

Lifting one foot after another, Nari finally made her way outside. Sehun turned around as she approached, standing abruptly with his usual blank face. Nari smiled awkwardly, not quite ready to form words. They sat down together. He placed two lunch boxes – one loaded with spinach and cucumber – and a banana milk in between them, the straws already stuck in. All of a sudden she wanted to cry.

"You look pretty today, Nari," Sehun started.

Nari turned to him, eyes wide, heart still frantic.

"I can't even begin to express how much I've missed you these past few weeks-"

"Sehun, don't say things like that." She looked away. Like butter, her stomach churned uneasily.

He smiled bitterly. "You shouldn’t make that face."

"What?"

"It's my weakness."

Nari’s breath hitched. Just another sentence that scratched at her weak heart. But, she had to keep going.

"I asked to see you to talk, not so you could compliment me,” she said shakily, shoving her trembling hands into a mess in her lap.

"Are you embarrassed?" he asked.

"No."

Sehun sighed heavily, like his chest was stuck underneath a weight. "These have been the worst three weeks of my life."

"Don't say that..."

"It really has. I never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter