I Don't Want To Forget

Normalcy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nari placed another fork down on the table with shaky hands, accidentally clinging against the plate. She took a sharp intake of breath before fixing it up swiftly. She looked over her shoulder and could sigh in peace since Yixing and Minseok hadn’t paid her any attention.

She only had to put up with it for a few more minutes. She was almost out of cutlery and her friends were due in the building soon to pick her up. She could make it through that much without collapsing, couldn’t she?

“Nari, are you almost done?” a voice said from behind her.

Nari turned around anxiously but felt her whole body release as her eyes met with Sehun.

“Almost,” she whispered before turning back around.

Nari allowed her eyes momentarily to gravitate over to Yixing and Minseok and felt her insides curdle further as they chuckled at her. Her face screwed up as she placed the last pair of cutlery in her hand down on the table. She wasn’t mentally prepared to walk past the boys to grab more.

“It’s okay, Nari. We’ll do the rest,” Yixing offered with a friendly smile.

Her eyes widened to the size of spaceships. She swiftly turned back to face them and bowed, if it’s even possible, one hundred and ten degrees.

“Go have fun,” Minseok added.

She stood back up and shuffled over to Sehun with an uneasy smile. He shook his head at her, chuckling. Nari turned back and bowed one hundred and ten degrees again before quickly leaving the room. Her shoulders released as she walked into the reception, sighing a bit too heavily.

“I was so close to a meltdown. Thanks, Sehun,” she smiled at him gratefully.

“I could tell,” he replied, still shaking his head.

She smiled sheepishly. And, just like Sehun had been doing nonstop, her father walked over to them shaking his head.

“I told you already, therapy might be the right option,” he stated, putting his arm around his daughter comfortingly.

Nari shrugged him off subtly, “Appa, I don’t need therapy. I’m perfectly sane.”

“Says the insane person…” Sehun piped in.

Nari frowned. Finding her only option for support being her mother, she walked over and side-hugged her lovingly.

“Eomma, you know I’m not crazy, right?”

“Whatever you say, Nari,” her mother replied nonchalantly.

Nari sighed in defeat and gradually let go of her mother. remained in a frown as Sehun pulled her away to the front door to wait for the rest of the friends. She looked up at him with big, glowing eyes. As he turned to her, looking at her with his usual blank expression, Nari saw his nose twitch multiple times before he let go of her arm. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked away from him. Since when did he have a twitch? She thought. Her eyes wandered hesitantly to his face and his nose was still twitching. However, before she could talk to him, Jongin and Sunhi walked through the doors. Their loud presence captured Sehun’s attention immediately and he hooked his arms through theirs.

“Everyone’s arrived. Time to exit,” he stated, dragging Jongin and Sunhi back out the way they came.

Nari scurried along after them.

“Why the rush? I wanted to say hi to Nari’s eomma,” Sunhi huffed, struggling out of Sehun’s arm.

Sehun rolled his eyes, “We’d miss the movie if you started talking.”

-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter