I've Missed You

Normalcy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nari and Sunhi sat together at their usual lunch table, munching unconsciously on their packed lunch. Nari laughed as she watched Sunhi stare at all of the paid lunches that people had been coming out of the lunch hall with. If you looked close enough, you could see the drool slipping out of . Sunhi stared down at her own lunch and sighed exaggeratedly.

“Boring lunch again, Sunhi?” Jongin asked condescendingly as her and Sehun sat down on the other side of their table.

“Don’t patronise me, Jongin,” Sunhi replied as she glared at him.

Sehun rolled his eyes at them.

“It’s been really hard for her to just sit here and not ask for a bite,” Nari added.

“I’m sure it’s been a real struggle,” Jongin finished sarcastically.

Sunhi leant over the table and slapped his arm. His eyes grew wide as he cradled his arm. Sunhi stood up and sat on the other side of Nari, causing her to move down.

“Don’t fight guys. You’ll disrupt the lunch area,” Nari ordered.

“Alright, Nari. I’ll listen to you because I’m a good friend and don’t annoy my friends,” Sunhi responded, eyes pointed at Jongin.

He scoffed and turned away. Nari nodded dejectedly, keeping her lips tight to prevent them from opening again.

She looked around the lunch area seeing mostly the same she’d seen in the past week she’d started at that school. Fleeting faces, passing words and a lot of laughter.

She was about to turn away when her eyes landed on a familiar face she’d spotted at the start of the week but had no pleasure of greeting. He was walking straight towards her. Her eyes widened intensely and she turned back to her table as her heart began to pound against her chest.

“Hi Nari. Hi guys,” Kyungsoo began with a smile.

Nari smiled weakly at him unable to think of a coherent response. Her stomach was doing backflips now.

Do Kyungsoo, her middle school sunbae. Someone Nari was still nervous around no matter how much time they spent together in the music club in middle school.

“It’s good to see you, Kyungsoo sunbae. None of us have seen you since your graduation,” Sunhi replied.

“I’ve missed you. I’m glad that I can see you here now.”

He confidently sat down beside Nari and she quickly turned her head back to her food. The proximity they had seemed so foreign to her yet it had only been a year.

“Have any of you signed up for any clubs yet?” Kyungsoo asked.

The four of them looked at each other simultaneously for an answer but their blank expressions seemed to say everything.

“Nari, I hope you’ll join

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter