Denial

Bus 87
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny didn't know what's going on actually. He was confused.

He didn't know why people was teasing him with taeil, he didn't know why people said he's flirting with taeil and vice versa. Johnny didn't think he had any special feeling with taeil.

To be honest, taeil wasn't that bad. No, he was amazing, perfect even. He's a good listener, calm and adorably awkward. Talking with taeil always made johnny felt at ease. Laid back and reserved, which johnny found it charming. Taeil's just so on point.

And that's the number one reason why johnny felt extremely confused and didn't know what's going on with himself.

From what he remembered, his heart still beating annoyingly fast when ten was around him, he still that somebody who'd be a stuttering mess when ten was too closed with him, he still could feel the blood rushed to his face, the tips of his ears turned red when ten giggled over his lame jokes. That brat was adorable as hell but always caused a little heartache to johnny.

Moving on had never been easy for johnny, especially when the person lingered around him everyday. That of course, would take so much effort, and johnny wasn't sure if he could do it. 

Things get even more complicated for johnny when taeil dropped plenty big hints to him these past few days, and johnny wanted to yell at himself for playing along with all the flirtings. He honestly wished he's just as dense and oblivious as ten so he wouldn't feel pressured like this.

One thing for sure, johnny couldn't use taeil to erase ten from his heart. He told himself many, many times that he couldn't and wouldn't do that, because it's just too cruel to use somebody else to get him get over his problem and heartbroken state, and taeil really didn't deserve that. Moon taeil deserved to be loved sincerely, purely with full heart and not to be taken advantage of, johnny told himself again and again.

Heart says yes, head says no.

Johnny pressed his face into the pillow and screamed. Frustrated, confused, just so so so confused.

Suddenly, his phone rang loudly on top of the night stand. Johnny groaned, mentally cursing at whoever was that because they just interrupted his peaceful moment, even though its not really peaceful. He lazily took the phone and looked at the caller id.

ty is calling...

He raised his eyebrows, amused and surprised. Johnny quickly picked up the call and put it on a speaker mode.

"hello-"

"meet me at hangang, at the skate park, now."

The flat beep coming a second after that, signaling the call had come to its end.

Johnny was left jaw dropped, still staring at his phone on the night stand, dumbfounded. It took a full minute for him to let the sudden information to sink into his almost freezing brain, "did i do something wrong? i don't think so? what's with that tone? from what i remember i didn't steal his toblerone?" johnny grumbled, lazily get out from his bed to take a shower.

 

 

Chaos happened.

The squad almost gone crazy after they knew about taeil's past with hansol.

"i live with you for almost 18 months hyung, and you didn't tell me about it? at all? i'm???? hurt." winwin said with an exaggerated hurt tone, his hands flailed wildly in all direction to express his 'sadness', half whispering half shouting since they're in a library. In a freaking library.

Taeil, who's trying to memorize some weird points from his economics thick textbook ignored the chinese boy, acting like winwin wasn't just about to stab him with his yellow highlighter.

"this is one of those moments when i really wish you're in the same age with me so i can just smack your head without getting back a double smack!" winwin said in a rushed, expressive mandarin.

Doyoung, who's sitting on the opposite of them, couldn't help but laughed at the way winwin was spitting chinese, it sounded funny in his ears, "don't disturb him, he's studying."

"more like stu-dying." taeyong butted in.

Taeil tried to kick taeyong's legs from under the table but taeyong was quick to pull his legs up and hugged them to his chest. Taeyong wiggled his eyebrows in a challenging manner, mischief gleamed in his eyes.

Taeil sighed in defeat, shifting his attention back to his textbook. He really had no time to play with these kids.

"guys, i'm hungr-" winwin stopped midway when he saw a guy, the guy who he claimed annoying (because that guy always made his heart vibrating to the max and that's disturbingly annoying), walking to take a seat on the table beside his, "wow." his breath hitched as his eyes glued at this guy. It was hard for winwin to look away, and so he didn't, which made his heart beat faster and faster, thundering in his chest and it felt disturbingly annoying. This guy had been proven to be absolutely rude.

"wow." he repeated, eyes finally caught the guy's name on his student id that hung around his neck; qian kun.

Winwin's face flushed deep shade of red when he saw this qian kun guy ran his hand through his hair in an incredibly sinful way, making winwin felt strangely giddy, "man, he's hot." he accidentally blurted it out in chinese.

Maybe, maybe kun heard it, because his eyes immediately searching for winwin's, flashing the younger one of his adorable yet playful grin (almost looked like a drool-worthy smirk actually), his dimples showing, lashes batting flirtatiously under those innocent look. 

Winwin had to look away immediately and bit his fist to suppress his ridiculous squeal. A string of oh my god, hold me muffled against his fist.

Taeyong threw the flannel that once draped over his shoulders to winwin, landing right on his face, "you look crazy."

"at least i wasn't the one to giggle while looking at my phone." winwin sassed, crumpling the red flannel into a ball before he threw it back at its owner.

Taeyong didn't say anything to fight that remark. He draped the flannel over his shoulders again before he looked at his phone, and giggled again. Most probably his favorite person in the world was using an extremely cheesy pick-up line in the message.

Doyoung rolled his eyes at the sound of hush giggles slipping off taeyong's mouth every now and then. He didn't know how taeil could study with a giggly taeyong sat in front of him. Doyoung was sure that taeil had a superpower called deaf-eared.

In the middle of texting with ten, taeyong suddenly remembered something. He dialed johnny's number after he sent ten the text.

Taeyong waited patiently, playing with taeil's yellow highlight subconsciously. He straightened when he heard johnny finally picked up the call.

"hello-"

"meet me at hangang, at the skate park, now." taeyong said monotonously, before he ended the call.

He sent another message to ten, saying he's dismissed early today and would be heading to hangang by now. Taeyong stood up, slinging his backpack over his shoulder and bid his friends a goodbye, heading to the exit door.

"hyung, where are you going?" jaehyun asked, he just entered the library and taeyong wanted to leave already?

"meeting your hippo."

 

 

Johnny always late. Always. Meanwhile, taeyong, he's always punctual. On time, and early.

Taeyong tapped his foot impatiently as he leaned against the railing, waiting for johnny to show up.

The skate park, as expected, wasn't that crowded, since it's still in school hour. Only a few people were skating in the area. Its a strategic place if in case taeyong wanted to beat johnny to a pulp.

After another few minutes of waiting, a harsh familiar shove came in contact with his shoulder, "hey, miss me?"

Taeyong couldn't stop himself from sending a sharp glare at johnny, who's wearing a wide grin, "oho, bad day?" johnny asked, exchanging a bro hug with his little bestfriend.

"no," taeyong said, a forced smile tugged on his lips. He took a long pause before he continued, "johnny, don't you think you have something you need to tell me."

Johnny frowned, confused, "something..? no, i don't think so?"

Taeyong turned to look at johnny, his expression was unreadable but dead serious, "something. something like what's the name of that person you like?"

If taeyong blinked his eyes at that time, he's sure he wouldn't catch the caught-off-guard look on johnny's face, "why do you want to know?"

Its taeyong's turn to frown this time, his patience beginning to fade, "because its my boyfriend the one you like." taeyong said, his tone was laced with natural sense of betrayal and disappointment.

Johnny's eyes widened, startled and speechless. His eyes were darting everywhere, avoiding taeyong's burning gaze.

"since when?" taeyong asked, boring holes into johnny's face.

"last year?"

Taeyong pursed his lips into a thin line, "confessed?"

"no." johnny shook his head, heaving a deep sigh as he looked up, amused at how the gloomy sky was reflecting his emotion.

Taeyong hopped on the railing, finding himself was too heavy with the information that he couldn't stand still anymore, "okay and then."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter