what2do

Bus 87
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just prepare for the worst and keep your expectations low, - ten thought to himself when he saw the bus he had been waiting for finally showed up.

Its a lie if he said he's not nervous with whatever that's going to happen in the next minute.

When ten went inside, he saw taeyong was sleeping with his hood up, wearing earphones; clearly didn't want to be disturbed. Ten sat down on his usual seat with a weary sigh, he really didn't know how to do this, mentally yelling about how hard this going to be. Like, was he going to waste this only moment of confrontation or should he-

Ten blew his bangs out of his eyes in frustration, slumping back in his chair and decided that he should just mind his own business.

It took around 15 minutes for the bus to arrive at ten's stop, and when the thai boy saw his stop was approaching, he turned his attention to taeyong who remained unmoving from his sleeping posture. Ten carefully pulled down taeyong's hood, before he leaned in and kissed taeyong's temple, whispering a soft i'm sorry even though he knew its pretty much useless.

Usually after ten got out from the bus, he'd wave at taeyong from the outside but now for sure that wasn't going to happen. Ten spared taeyong a glance once he's outside, and his heart broke a little when he saw the hood that was down just now, was already back again draping over taeyong's head.

Taeyong wasn't sleeping throughout the bus ride, he's just avoiding.

Ten watched with heavy heart as the bus head off to its next destination, his shoulders slumped forward, moping.

 

 

The torture continued until the third day and ten was near to turn green with all the frustrations he held on the inside.

Everytime ten went inside the bus, taeyong would be sleeping, or if he's extra unlucky, taeyong wouldn't be there.

Ten tried contacting taeyong but all he got was.. nothing. He hadn't talked to taeyong for days now and its unbearable. He missed taeyong so goddamn much, he missed his hugs, his kisses, the way taeyong lazily tangled his limbs with ten's while they engaged into a hush conversation. Ten missed all of those, and its frustrating.

At this point, ten preferred if taeyong would've just blew up and cursed the hell out of him in his face than to go through this kind of 'punishment'. The silent treatment was really painful to endure for ten, it made him became miserable. Sad to say, but it's his greatest weakness, silent treatment.

"it feels like he's blowing me off," ten sobbed, spilling it all at winwin, "i know i'm wrong okay, but we should at least talk."

Winwin rubbed ten's back in a comforting manner, he's bad with words but he's trying, "give him some time ten, let him cool down first."

"it hurts, winwin."

"i know."

The cool breeze ran through them, making their hair tousled slightly as they both walked around hangang, on their friday night routine as usual.

This time something was off, the squad wasn't complete because taeyong wasn't there, and ten didn't know the exact reason why but its obvious. He chased all of those tiring thoughts out of his mind, an empty expression settled on his face.

Ten was really tired of this.

 

 

Taeil loved how johnny's hair became messy after it get blown by the wild wind of the night. It something that made johnny looked so effortlessly attractive and y in the same time.

"you're staring."

A deep shade of red dusted over taeil's cheeks but he couldn't hold back his grin, "your hair."

"what's with my hair?" johnny straightened his hair, feeling self-conscious with the attention he's getting at.

"i like them." taeil blurted out and it was an accident. He cleared his throat awkwardly, getting flustered and fidgety while he stood in front of johnny who's sitting on the bench, "i mean they look soft?"

A stupid, a very stupid goofy grin spread across johnny's lips, "ah, you wanna say that you actually want to touch it?"

"no that's not what i mean!"

Johnny chuckled, his eyes crinkled into crescent moons, "i don't have the 'i don't want to be touched' issue so feel free to do it." he shrugged, its not a big deal to him.

Taeil flashed johnny a sheepish grin, his hand slowly reached to johnny's hair. His intention was just to those smooth locks but his hand didn't listen to his mind.

He watched silently as johnny closed his eyes, sighing contentedly when taeil ran his fingers through johnny's hair, his fingertips brushed against his scalp. Johnny obviously loved having his hair played like this, taeil observed.

"you look like my cat when i scratch the back of his ear." taeil laughed as he retracted his hand.

Johnny chuckled, its true, that he loved it when people played with his hair. Its relaxing, and having taeil did it, it felt much nicer. Johnny honestly didn't know why he felt like that.

"guys?"

The boys turned to look from where the voice came from, just to see yuta and hansol were standing in front of them. Johnny raised his eyebrows, feeling a little surprised because from what he remembered, he didn't see anybody coming their way just now? or maybe he's too distracted.

"what's up?" taeil asked, a small smile stretched across his lips. Its really impressive how he looked so, so unfazed with hansol's presence. Johnny didn't think he could do that with his ex.

"just feel like talking with you two." hansol said, he sounded awkward and stiff, his vibe screamed uncomfortable.

Yuta possessively wrapped his arms around hansol's waist from the behind, his hands locked on the front, shooting red lasers out of his eyes at taeil as he rested his face on hansol's shoulder.

This made taeil laughed a little, he quickly waved it off in front of them, "don't worry, i hate him anyway." he directed it to hansol, laughing some more, as if its the funniest joke in the world.

The atmosphere grew tense as nobody found that funny, and taeil noticed this. He stopped laughing, but a smile was still there tugging over his lips, "so, how's your life now ji hansol?"

 

 

Winwin and ten went to the basketball area to find mark. Ten had an extravaganza plan in his head, and he obviously wanted to drag his favourite baby bro to join him.

Ten jumped like a child when he saw mark was there in the court, playing basketball as usual. Mark saw him and quickly ran to the thai male, a huge grin spread across his lips, happy to see his hyung came to see him.

The three boys went to take a stroll around hangang, deciding that it was the perfect time for mark and ten to catch up on each other.

"are you free tomorrow?" ten asked mark, hoping the boy would have a free time.

"available as always, why?"

"wanna follow me to somewhere?"

"where?" mark stopped spinning his basketball on his finger, attention full on ten.

"nowhere fancy though, but do you want to follow?" ten wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, "i'll drag my friends too."

"ah, how i wish i can tag along." winwin pouted, he wanted to join to wherever they're going but he's not gonna be free tomorrow.

"next time then," ten chuckled, "there's always next time my friend." ten did a rainbow motion with his hands, imitating spongebob.

Winwin replied with a snort, didn't say anything to fight that fact.

"so what do you say?" ten asked mark again, confirming it.

"okay, count me in."

 

 

The next day, when taeyong came out from his morning cold shower, he didn't expect to see his phone vibrating violently on top of his desk. Twice. Taeyong frowned a little, rubbing his towel over his damp hair while scrolling down the unread messages.

 

from hansol ; pls settle your problem with ten asap he's been bawling while pigging out all of my pringles for days now and i'm really not proud of this.

 

from johnseo ; enough with the torture dude, better put this on a dot before somebody else going to put a dot on your relationship u know wat i'm saying

 

Taeyong frowned at these messages, especially johnny's. What's johnny trying to say actually? taeyong thought, feeling uneasy. Taeyong didn't do this on purpose, he didn't start the silent treatment on purpose. Hell, that's not his intention in the first place. He just needed some time alone to cool off, nothing more than that.

He shifted his attention back to his phone and read the last message,

 

from johnseo ; like i said, appreciate him.

 

Something hit taeyong hard after he read the last two words. His eyes widened in horror after he remembered where did that came from.

 

"taeyong?" johnny called, voice hushed.

"hm?"

"appreciate him."

Taeyong didn't know who was johnny talking about but his heart twisted with guilty for no reason.

"i will."

 

"jesus,"  taeyong could feel his pulse quicken as his mind connected the dots, "oh my god, no no no."

 

"well, i like this one guy but he likes someone else. i never confess to him, but he told me about that guy he likes everyday. Its like he wanna say that i have no hope to even make a move on him even though he never know my feelings. he friendzone me and somehow it feels worser than get rejected."

 

It took a moment for taeyong to calm down from his panic attack and let the terrifying thoughts to sink deeply into him. He hastily dialed ten's number, biting his nail anxiously while waiting for the call to be answered, "pick up, pick up, pick up." he chanted, pacing back and forth.

A faint beep from the other line could be heard, signaling that the number couldn't be reached.

Taeyong cursed, irritated but worries overpowered him. He tried again once more, "pick up please, where are you." 

His hope crashed, fear took over him when the only thing that kept on answering his calls were the faint beep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter