Epilogue

Lullaby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Depressed, worried, sorrow, Yunho had those in his confused mind. He and the wardens already brought Jaejoong to the hospital and the doctors and nurses immediately took him to the ICU for the operation section. All Yunho had to do was to wait in the waiting room, no more nor less. How he missed Jaejoong, how he would love to hug Jaejoong even more tighter than he had ever done, how Yunho wanted to spend more time with Jaejoong, how Yunho wanted so bad to rewind the time, protect Jaejoong, help Jaejoong, kiss Jaejoong, hug Jaejoong, and sacrifice himself for Jaejoong. But, it was just a dream of reality merged with fantasy. Yunho sat on the bench, leaning his back against the seat. He recalled back the moment when Jaejoong felt on his knees in front of him with widened eyes, Yunho regretted it. The fact when he was just standing like a stupid mannequin and not helping his dearest Jaejoong, Yunho regretted everything. Now, his life was nothing but just thousand of shattered broken pieces of mirror, reflecting each moment in his life which would eventually show the sorrow of himself. Yunho knew, if he loved Jaejoong, he should show more. Just like Jaejoong did. Just because of his stupid wallet, Jaejoong had the gut to sacrifice himself for him, Yunho cried again and again. The silence that used to rule the whole area was now being replaced with Yunho's loud crying, resembling the sad howling of a wolf, standing proud but actually crying under the shiny moon. Yunho now was like the wolf itself, people described him as tough and strong, but deep inside was no one but a weak mere mortal, only been told to learn to accept the truth. This was the famous saying, "Hurt me with the truth, don't comfort me with lies." and that was what Yunho had to give on. Waiting for hours, Jaejoong's life was now on the edge, falling either on the right nor wrong side, was up to his destiny. All Yunho did was praying that he would have been given more time to spend with his only Jaejoong. But, no matter how hard he tried to pray, hoping God to hear his voice, even with the company of flowing pure shiny tears, life was way too cruel.

 

And, it did.

 

The operation room door suddenly swung opened and the doctor walked out of it, looking at Yunho, and his eyes told Yunho something that made everything felt uneasy. Yunho wiped his tears off and stood up as the doctor approached him.

"Yes, sir?" Yunho asked worriedly, he knew something was wrong here.

The doctor stopped just in front of Yunho, and started to let out a deep sigh. "Are you, Jung Yunho, the friend of Kim Jaejoonh?" he asked with a weird intonation of his low voice.

Yunho flinched for awhile, wanting to say yes but deep inside his heart he was not a friend to Jaejoong, more than just a friend, a protector. But, Yunho just nodded and answered, "Yes, I am. Why?"

And what the doctor said really told Yunho that he was just a mere mortal and fate and destiny were not in his hands to be controlled. With low and slow voice, the doctor replied,

"Yunho, your friend Kim Jaejoong has died. I am sorry but we can't do anything to help him."

Flinched, stunned, astonished, Yunho looked at the doctor in front of him with widened and trembling eyes, the fact that Jaejoong had left him, for sure, and would never come back even with the slight of a miracle, Yunho could not accept it at all, not even a voice could come out from his mouth although deep inside he was shouting madly again and again. He just remained frozen like a statue. The doctor then sighed, he felt what Yunho felt too. He tapped on Yunho's shoulder.

"Yunho, you can say a word of goodbye to your friend Jaejoong. Go on." the doctor said and nodded to strengthen his statement.

Yunho without any hesitation, then, rushed to the surgery room, pushing the door with his might and stunned with widened eyes as he saw a hopeless, yet soulless body was lying on the bed, with half body being covered with thin white blanket. The door behind closed and gave sound of a low 'thump' echoing throughout the area. Yunho slowly, like a weak zombie appraoced the body on the bed. Breathless, hopeless, that was Yunho when he looked down at the body and was surprised to see his dearest Jaejoong who had eyes closed, seemed to be sleeping in peace but actually his soul was already went to the afterlife world, had to find his new destiny albeit leaving Yunho alone was a thing that he promised in 1000 years would never do at all. Yunho slowly fell on his knees, making him having the same height as Jaejoong's body that was lying on the bed. Yunho looked at Jaejoong with a strong stare, as if Jaejoong was still alive and was just sleeping, or as if Yunho was expecting for Jaejoong to open his eyes up like a surprise in the count of 1, 2 and 3. But, Yunho knew that happiness was not meant to be permanent. But still, Yunho leaned nearer to the bed, folding both of his hands on the bed and his head on top of them, and his eyes were still staring at Jaejoong. And his lips formed the very sincere smile he had ever flashed to Jaejoong. All Yunho wanted was that Jaejoong could see it, even from the afterlife. All Yunho wanted was Jaejoong to be happy, although all of their kisses, hugs, sweet words, romantic moments, y nights, would never occur anymore. Even he himself didn't know why but Yunho just suddenly had to pretend like Jaejoong was still there with him, and Yunho was just smiling again and again and his heart, mind, self were waiting for Jaejoong to wake up, albeit Yunho knew Jaejoong had already left him, forever. Why did Yunho act positively at this demolishing situation? It was because Yunho tried with all of his might to hold his tears in from rolling, he hated to cry in front of Jaejoong, he didn't want to show that he was all sad and depressed with the fact that Jaejoong had already left him, and Yunho didn't want Jaejoong to feel guilty by his departure. Yunho just didn't want Jaejoong to think that he had hurt him. However, not long after that, Yunho's tears fell down too, giving a quiet sound to echo as they dropped one by one on the shiny, cold floor. Second by second, Yunho's crying was getting louder, he just could not bear it, the presence of painful wound inside his heart, as if he was trapped by the surrounding traps, blocking him from getting Jaejoong, he hated it. His life was killing him. And soon, Yunho cried louder again and again.

******

 

Few days later, after the funeralize of Jaejoong done, Yunho was the last person to go back from the place after letting go of all his sadness. After that, he went back to his house, and the same bored, empty aura came again although uninvited. The unoccupied feeling was the same when Yunho was alone, before Jaejoong came in his life. Yunho closed the door behind him, walked straight toward the kitchen, eventually opened the refrigerator and took a small cup of yogurt. He opened the lid and drank it all at once, but, the sourness did not even affect him at all, like it was tasteless. Nothin could beat his sadness at all. Yunho closed the refrigerator back, throwing the cup in the rubbish bin and walked back to the living room. Silence ruled the whole area like a menacing king itself, giving permission for Yunho's lonely thud of footsteps to be heard by Yunho alone. Wandering around, Yunho at some times smiled as he examined each of his picture with Jaejoong in tight frames being sticked on the wall, acting as a wallpaper instead of the real one. But at some times too, his tears gathered again in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter