One Last Night

Lullaby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feeling somehow defeated deep inside the heart that was throbbing with both disappointment and sorrow, after thanking and paying the lawyer named Junsu, Yunho just walked out from the court, and had to give himself in this ill-fated destiny. Jaejoong who was handcuffed with a police behind him just knew on how to follow Yunho's shallow steps from behind. Jaejoong knew what Yunho felt. Jaejoong wanted to make Yunho feel happy, that was it. And he got another idea.

 

Jaejoong suddenly stopped, a smile formed on his red but dried lips. The police stopped behind him, allowing him to talk.

"Yunnie..." Jaejoong said, followed with a chuckle.

Yunho stopped, but not turning back. With a cold voice he asked, "Yes?"

Jaejoong then smiled, "Since I am allowed to spend one more night with you before going to the jail.. Well, Yunnie, would you like to play with the snow with me tonight?" he asked.

Yunho blinked, somehow his sadness vanished deep inside the empty area in his heart second by second. He then turned back and looked at Jaejoong with narrowed eyes. 

"Tonight?" Yunho asked.

Jaejoong looked at Yunho and nodded, giggling.

 

******

Out of million prisoners, for the first time in the world history, after discussing with the main head of the police, Yunho managed to bring Jaejoong outside for the night. It was their last night together.

 

With the new jacket and sportswear Yunho brought from home, Jaejoong did not have to use his prison clothes anymore. Happily, they marched off from the prison building and walked together to Yunho's car. Inside the car, it was awkward. The lovely yet sweet conversation that was used to crack the silence in the empty spaces was now replaced with the icy cold awkwardness. Even when Yunho reversed the car, no one dares to talk, even breathing was seemed so forbidden. Not because they hated each other, not because they were mad at each other, and not even because they did not love each other. It was because they found it hard to accept the truth. Not even million of tears could express the sadness deep in their hearts, and not even the most effective medicine could cure the wounds in their souls. And so, the journey was silent as hell.

 

Upon reaching the park where the snowflakes were glistening albeit it was dark night, like tiny starts they were falling off to the ground, resembling leaves that had to find their own next destination after being seperated from the branches. Only during the day the park was filled with enjoyment and pleasure as many people, families, lovers and friends were spending their time together here. But at night, it was so silent, only few could be spotted wandering around. However, it was a great chance to become closer for both Yunho and Jaejoong, for the last time. As Yunho turned off the car's engine, Jaejoong knew that it was time to go out. Waiting for Yunho to open the door for him was just a fantasy. And they both went out. 

 

Leaving the car behind, covered with coats for warmth, just an inch beside each other,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter