Flashback

Lullaby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Flashback, a year ago)

There were a girl and a boy walking on the hill, holding hands together while enjoying variety of jokes. The girl was shorter than the boy, probably in the age of 7-8 years old. She was cute, having chubby cheeks and straight black hair, having curl at the end. She was wearing a pink jacket due to the weather condition. While at the other hand the man was a lot taller than the girl, having black hair that ended on the end of the nape and some piercings could be seen on his ears. He was wearing a black beanie and long-sleeved shirt that matched well with the pants. The day was night, no light they had but the moon helped them with its light.

"Oppa, why do you always look this messy?" the girl suddenly asked after laughing for a joke. Her voice was too innocent to be heard.

Still holding her hand, the boy chuckled. "Do you want to know the answer? Well, I don't care about how I look actually. Even those people who are so attractive or attention-trapper looking, they don't have good and kind heart like mine." he replied.

The girl giggled and stopped, looking up at the boy with pure innocent eyes. Her orbs were glistening under the ray of the moon. 

"Really? But, usually kind people look gentle. You look more like a leader of a bad gang." the girl said and grinned.

Instead of sighing, the boy laughed and knelt in front of the girl which made him to have the same height as hers. He placed his hands on both of the girl's shoulders and smiled.

"I don't care. At least I can protect you, Eunhee. Losing you is just like losing my life too." he said with a soft voice.

The girl, Eunhee giggled. "Oppa, you are the best brother I have ever had!" she exclaimed happily and jumped to hug the boy in front of him.

Due to losing balance, the boy accidentally sat down on the ground and hugged Eunhee. Eunhee who was on his lap smiled and giggled.

"Am I that heavy oppa?" she asked.

The boy laughed, "You are a lot heavier than I have thought." he replied and laughed again.

Eunhee frowned cutely and pouted. "That's not funny oppa." she said and folded arms on the chest.

The boy laughed, "Come on, I am just joking. You are light like the feather." he said, correcting what he had just said.

Eunhee looked at the boy then giggled back, "I know you will say that, oppa. Thanks!" she said and hugged the boy tightly.

The boy let Eunhee entered in his warm embrace. He caressed her soft hair, the smell of lavender diffused his nostrils. The boy noticed something.

"Oh, you are cold Eunhee. Are you okay?" the boy asked worriedly.

Eunhee just giggled, "I am really really really cold now oppa." she answered and nuzzled into the boy's chest.

The boy smiled and stand up, lifted Eunhee on the double like he was carrying a baby. 

"Should we sit somewhere, Eunhee?" the boy asked.

"I don't know." Eunhee replied then her eyes caught a sight of a stool of a large tree which was suitable for a seat. "There!"

The boy looked at where Eunhee was pointing and saw the same stool. He smiled and walked there while carrying Eunhee. He sat on it carefully after making sure that there were no dirts on it and placed Eunhee on his lap. The boy looked at the back and saw that they were actually sitting on a stool that was located at the edge of the hill, near to the valley. Any careless mistake they would make, they would fall all over and die. The boy looked back at Eunhee.

"Eunhee, I don't think that this is a good idea." he said.

Eunhee blinked, "Why? It's not like we will fall from this hill oppa." she fought cutely.

The boy sighed with a smile, "Make sure you don't stand on this stool okay?" he asked.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter