Let's Have a Date

Love Me The Same

A/N: Today is the last day of the year 2018, before this year will come to an end. I would like to thank you all for being part of my 2018, though I was gone for a year... I'm glad to know that there are still people waiting for the updates. As my way of saying thank you, I'll be finally updating the next chapter of Unrequited Love this week. But for now, here's the latest chapter of Love Me The Same. Thank you once again and Happy New Year! 😘❤ Let's continue supporting our boys and pray for GOT7's fast recovery 😊😊😊

 

 

"Thank you for buying me this." JinE said while she's happily eating the burger that Mark bought for her.

Mark looked at JinE with a sweet smile. It's the first time that JinE thanked him and he felt really happy about that. "You're welcome."


After they both arrived inside the class, they handed the burgers to Bambam and Jackson who's patiently waiting for their food.

"Waah~ burger!" Bambam happily exclaimed.  "Thanks hyung."

"What thanks? You need to pay for that."

Unlike Bambam who showed a little gratitude to his hyung, Jackson didn't say anything and he immediately took a bite of his burger as soon as he received it.

JinE sat on her chair while still eating her burger. She noticed that there's something missing on her desk. She started opening her books and searching for her presentation.

"Oh where is it? I just placed it here." She mumbled to herself.

Mark noticed that JinE was busy searching for something. "What are you looking for?"

Meanwhile, Sana just stayed silent and acted like she didn't know anything. She focused on preparing her presentation.

"I think..." JinE said, her voice sounded really worried and nervous. "I think I lost my papers for the presentation."

"What? Where did you put it?"

"I placed it on my desk before we went out."

Mark stood up from his seat and decided to help JinE searched for it. "Are you sure that you just placed it on your desk?"

"Of course." JinE strongly insisted.

"Search it in your bag."

JinE followed Mark and she immediately opened her bag and searched for it, but unfortunately she saw nothing. "It's not here." Her sight landed to a person who's playing innocent. "Hmm Sana? Did you see some papers on my desk?"

Sana glanced at JinE's desk then she lied. "No, I didn't see anything on your desk."

"Ahh I see. Maybe you didn't notice it, thanks anyway."

Mark couldn't helped but to stare at Sana. Something's bothering him, something's really strange. Mark thought that maybe Sana knew something about JinE's presentation.

"Let's just ---" Mark didn't finish his statement when Ms. Jeon suddenly arrived.

"Settle down everyone!" Ms. Jeon said as she entered the class. "Are you guys ready for your presentation?"

"Yeees!" They answered in chorus.

"That's good. Let's start with the first group."

JinE hissed in frustration while Sana mentally laughed at JinE who's completely devastated about the loss of his presentation.

The presentation with the other groups went smoothly and their professor was impressed at them. But JinE's heart went wild when there professor called their group.

"I'm dead." JinE mumbled to herself.

Mark didn't miss to glanced at JinE when he stood up from his seat. "It's okay, I will help you." Mark said it and he showed a heart warming smile to JinE.

"Thank you." JinE mumbled.

While Mark was busy cheering the devastated JinE, Sana secretly rolled her eyes at them. She already threw JinE's presentation and she's pretty sure that Ms. Jeon will embarrass JinE in front of the class.

"Okay! Mark, JinE and Sana. You can start your presentation now." Ms. Jeon said as she gave the floor to three.

Sana confidently stood at the center while holding her papers for the presentation. She started her presentation with a greeting and warm up questions that could lead to her presentation. She ended her presentation with a smile then she turned to looked at JinE who had an unpleasant face.

It's JinE's turn and she mentally cursed herself for being so careless about her presentation. She slowly walked at the center with her head hanged low.

"Where are your papers for your presentation JinE?" Ms. Jeon asked JinE.

"M-My papers..." She stuttered. "Ahm... Actually..."

"Her papers got wet during lunch time." Mark suddenly spoke with a lie. "We tried to get another copy of it but we ran out of time."

"I see. So this means that you won't present anything for us today. It would be unfair to your classmates if I will give you another chance tomorrow for your presentation, right?"

"But professor... Actually I still remember everything from my research. If it's okay, I can have my presentation without it."

Ms. Jeon smiled at what JinE said before she nodded her head. "That sounds interesting. Okay JinE, you can start."

Sana, who threw JinE's paper, was about to celebrate her victory against JinE when their professor allowed JinE to do her presentation even without her papers. On the other hand, Mark was very happy and proud at her.

To start the presentation, JinE grabbed a marker on her professor's desk and drew a diagram on the white board. She delivered her presentation perfectly even without her papers and their classmates were amazed at her, not to mention their professor and Mark who were smiling the whole time. Bambam and Jackson stood up and clapped their hands after she finished, their classmates also followed the two as they clapped their hands at her. Sana rolled her eyes, she can't believe that JinE still managed to escape an unpleasant situation.

"That's our princess!" Jackson shouted while clapping his hands.

JinE smiled at Bambam and Jackson, she turned to look at Mark and their eyes met then he gave her a wink which made her let out a soft giggle at what Mark did.

 


Leaning his back on the couch, Mark furrowed his brows while reading some papers related to their company. It's weekend and he decided to visit her house to check her father and their company as well.

"What are you reading that you have that kind of face?"

Mark's attention was drawn away when he heard someone talking. He lifted his head to see the owner of that voice and a smile appeared on his face when he finally saw that person.

"Hey, Gyeom. Why are you here?" He asked while placing the papers on the desk. "You should be at the company, right?"

"Your father told me that you're here, so he asked me if I can accompany you here." Yugyeom explained. "He told me that you're going to review some papers about the company, so if you have questions I am here to answer it."

"He's really like that. But how about him?"

"He said he's fine because Jaebum is with him."

Mark's ears suddenly twitched when he heard Yugyeom mentioned the name Jaebum. "The financial director?"

"Yes, it's him."

"That Jaebum... do you know more about him?" Mark asked.

Yugyeom stared at him. "Why hyung?"

"Ahh nothing, never mind." He waved his hands in front of the younger. "Anyways, are they still working on the funds?"

"Nope." Yugyeom leaned closer to the desk and pointed to the papers. "Your father decided to produce a new product to earn more as a back up to the funds that was lost. And also, the company was able to sent the orders though some of the clients cancelled their transactions with the company."

"I see." Mark said as he breathed in relief. "I want to see the design of the new product that the company planned to produce."

Yugyeom continued to help Mark until the older got tired and wanted to take a rest and eat. Yugyeom asked the housekeeper to prepare dinner for them. Mr. Tuan arrived home as soon as the foods were served on the table. Mr. Tuan, Mark and Yugyeom had their dinner while they were talking about the company. After dinner, Mark decided to stay at home with his father.


Mark launched himself on his bed, he let out a deep breath while his eyes were staring on the ceiling. It has been a while since he stayed at home and sleep in his own room. If his mother and brother were just in Korea, he's pretty sure that his father won't be lonely.

One person suddenly came in his mind which made him grabbed his phone from his pocket. He typed a message and sent it to that person.

Meanwhile, Jinyoung was seating on his desk, both hands were cupping his cheeks while staring at Mark's window just across his room. He didn't see Mark the whole day and he felt frustrated about it.

His phone suddenly beeped, he glanced at it before he grabbed his phone and checked who sent him a message at 11 in the evening.

From: 08xxxxxx

Are you still awake? What are you doing?


The message made Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows. The phone number wasn't registered on his phone and he never gave his phone to anyone.

To: 08xxxxxxxx

Who the hell are you? How did you know my number?


As soon as Mark heard his phone beep, he immediately grabbed it and checked if it's JinE. But the message made him want to burst into a fit of laughter. He immediately started writing a reply and was laughing while typing it.

From: 08xxxxxxxx

I am the person who's destined to be with you.


Jinyoung gritted his teeth while reading the message from someone he doesn't know. Whoever spread his phone number, he will surely kill them.

To: 08xxxxxxxx

Die. You should die. Erase my number or I will sue you.


Mark can't help but to laugh at JinE's reply then he decided to give her a call. 

Jinyoung gave his phone a glare when he saw that an unknown number called him. He grabbed his phone and stared at it first. He doesn't like answering calls from unknown numbers because maybe it's from the people who's searching for him. But the unknown number on his screen gave him a different  feeling and so he ended up answering it.

"Hello, who are you? Why do you have my number? Who gave you? Why are you sending me such nonsense messages?" Jinyoung asked consecutively.

Mark's smile dropped when he heard a man's voice on the other line. He looked at his phone to make sure if he's calling the right person and yes, JinE's name was registered on his phone but why is it's Jinyoung's voice.

"Jinyoung? Why are you answering JinE's phone?" Mark asked, his voice sounded really confused.

As soon as Jinyoung heard Mark's voice, he held his breath and he really wanted to jump from his window. He screwed up. "I... JinE was scared so she let me answered her phone. Your... Your name wasn't registered on her phone that's why."

"Ahhh~ I'm sorry. I got her number from one of our classmates."

"Our classmate? Ah I mean your classmate?"

"Yes, I got it from Bambam."

"Ahh Bambam~"

"Do you know him?"

"Y-yeah, I heard it from her. If you have nothing to say, I will end the call now."

"But I wanted to talk---"

"You can talk to her tomorrow, bye!"

Jinyoung immediately ended the call without giving Mark a chance to speak more. His secret was almost revealed because of that annoying guy once again.

 


A knocked from the door distracted Mr. Nam's attention from what he was doing.

"Come in."

The man behind the door entered Mr. Nam's office after he was permitted to enter. It was Mr. Seo, Mr. Nam's assistant.

"Mr. Nam, the president's son is here." Mr. Seo informed him.

"What is he doing here?"

"Mr. Tuan arrived this morning with his son and Yugyeom. I heard that he's here to check the company."

Mr. Nam clasped his hand and placed it in front of him as he looked at his assistant. "Keep an eye on him. I don't want him to find out that i'm manipulating the materials that's going to be use in GTC's new product."

"Yes, Mr. Nam." Mr. Seo answered before he bowed and left Mr. Nam's office.

After Mr. Seo left Mr. Nam's office, he looked outside and recalled his plan about manipulating the new product of GTC. A week after news of the lost funds broke out, Mr. Tuan gathered all the directors for an urgent meeting and ended with the decision of making a new product.

Thinking about this made Mr. Nam clenched his hand into a fist. "I won't let you succeed that easily. I will let you experience what is it feels like to see your own company falling apart."

 

JinE raised his hand as she tried to catch the rain drops on his palm, she was about to go home when the rain suddenly poured leaving her standing outside the front gate of her university waiting for the rain to stop.

"I will send you home."

"No, it's okay. I'm not a baby anymore. I'm a man, bro."

Loud voices of Bambam and Jackson were heard by JinE as the two walked out of the university. Jackson looked around and spotted JinE standing outside.

"Ohh Princess!" Jackson called. "Are you stuck in here?"

"JinE nonna, wanna come with us? Jackson can drive you home." Bambam said, inviting JinE to go home with them.

JinE smiled at them. "It's okay. I will just wait for my father to come pick me up."

"Are you sure?" Jackson asked.

"Yeah, I don't want to disturb you, lovebirds."

"Yah nonna!" Bambam whined at what she said.

"Okay okay, take care! See you tomorrow."

 "Okay, you too!" Jackson shouted. 

JinE nodded her head before she said a goodbye to the two. 

"So... your father will pick you up?" Mark suddenly spoke as he walked towards JinE. "Who? Jaebum?"

JinE immediately looked at his direction after she heard Mark's voice. "Yeah but Jaebum won't be able to pick me up. I don't want to bother Jackson, so I lied."

"Let's go home together." Mark said then he opened his umbrella.

JinE was shocked to see Mark bringing an umbrella. It's unusual for a man to bring an umbrella but Mark is an exception. "Ohh~ wow. I didn't know that you have an umbrella inside your bag."

"Only for today, I checked the weather report this morning and it says that there's a possibility that it will rain today. So I brought it." Mark explained. 

JinE was completely in a daze as he listened to Mark's explanation. She never thought Mark being this kind of man. 

"Come on, what are you waiting for?" Mark said when he saw JinE spacing out.

JinE immediately ran towards Mark and stood beside him. "Thank you in advance."

"What thank you? You need to pay me back for sending you home."

"Okay then I will just stay here until the rain stops."

Mark chuckled at JinE's cuteness. He shook his head and wrapped his arms around JinE's shoulder then he gently dragged JinE with him. She was suprised at Mark's action but she just stayed silent and walked with him under a single umbrella.

The two were so silent as they walked together going home. Mark's arm was still around JinE's shoulder pulling her close to him to protect her from getting wet because of the rain. He sent JinE in front of their doorstep as soon as they arrived home.

"Thank you." JinE said after she stood up at their doorstep. "So, how can I repay you for it?"

"Really? You're asking me that?" Mark asked.

JinE nodded her head with a smile. "You did a lot of things for me. Last time, you helped me explained to Ms. Jeon about my presentation and then now, you sent me home because I didn't bring an umbrella."

"Ahh it's okay, it's nothing. I'm glad to help you in any way I can." Mark said while scratching the back of his head, acting so shy in front of JinE. "Actually... I want to ask you something today."

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

"Ahm... I just want to ask you out."

JinE furrowed her brows at what Mark said, not really sure about the meaning of it. "Ask me out?"

Mark nodded his head while pursing his lips. "Let's go on a date."