Missing

Love Me The Same

For Mark, that was the most painful confession that he had ever heard. "How could you do this to me?" He whispered. "How could you do this to me?!"

"I'm sorry." Jinyoung mumbled. His tears started rolling down on his cheeks. "I'm really sorry."

Mark lightly shook his head in disbelief. His tears welled from his eyes, but he tried his best not to let them fall. He didn't want Jinyoung to see him crying. "Let's break up."

Jinyoung widened his eyes upon hearing Mark's statement. Then he shook his head, disagreeing at Mark's decision.

"From now on, I don't know you anymore."

"Wait!" He took a step forward, getting closer to Mark. But he was hesitant to continue taking more steps. "Please let me explain."

"I already told you, I don't need your explanations."

"Just hear me out first, please. Please Mark."

"And what do you expect me to do or say after hearing you out? That... it's okay. I forgive you and I understand why you did it. Like that? You don't know how hurt I am right now." Mark said. And the tears that he was holding, finally escaped from his eyes. "I love you so much that I even tried to protect you from those people who called you liar, a poser. But in the end, they were right. Everything was actually true! And I was really a fool to believe you."

"No, no you're not a fool." Jinyoung insisted as he continued crying.

"So what? Did you have fun watching me being fooled by you?"

"Mark... listen please." Jinyoung took the courage to step closer to Mark and held both of his hands.

But Mark yanked them away. "Stay away from me! I don't want to hear any of your lies. No more, I'm done with you."

"I did lie about my identity, but my heart didn't lie. Everything that you heard from me might be lies, but when I say I love you. Believe it. Because I do really love you, Mark."

"But I don't love you anymore." Mark turned around and was about to leave, but Jinyoung stopped him. He wrapped his around Mark's waist.

"Please don't go." Jinyoung begged while hugging Mark behind. "Listen to me, I need to hide my real identity it's because---"

"Stop." Mark looked at Jinyoung's arms wrapped around him. He held it and slowly released himself from Jinyoung's hug. He let go of Jinyoung's hand before facing him. "You already lied to me. How am I supposed to listen to you? So... just stop."

"But---"

"We're done." Cutting Jinyoung's statement once again. He placed Jinyoung's phone on his palm, returning the phone to its real owner. "I don't want to see you anymore."

That was his last statement before he turned around and left Jinyoung in his room, crying and devastated. Jinyoung glanced on his old phone and he cried. He cried as he slowly dropped his knees on the floor.


 

The house was totally dark when both Jaebum and Youngjae arrived. Jinyoung just stayed at home the whole day, but he didn't even turn on the lights. That's what made them confused.

They went upstairs while calling Jinyoung's name, but the younger didn't respond. Jinyoung's door was open. They got inside, turned the lights on and saw Jinyoung spacing out on the floor.

"Jinyoung! What happened?" Youngjae yelled while running to Jinyoung.

Jinyoung was sitting on the floor, hugging his knees to his chest while leaning his back at the side of his bed. He was looking into a corner while crying silently.

"What happened? Jinyoung? Why are you crying?" Jaebum asked this time.

Jinyoung slowly shifted his gaze to his hyungs. He stared at the two and cried, letting his tears flow like a river.

Youngjae looked at his boyfriend. The situation reminded them of what happened before, few days after they found him. Youngjae sat beside him and held his hand. "Tell us what happened."

"It's over." Jinyoung muttered. "He found out already."

"F-found out what?" Jaebum asked as he furrowed his brows. "Who?"

"Mark. He already know that I'm a boy." He said and broke down in tears.

Both were shocked and couldn't utter any words. This was what they feared, Mark finding out the truth about Jinyoung's real identity. They knew how painful it was for Jinyoung, just only seeing at him at that state. And they both know that there were no perfect words to say just to make the younger feel better. Instead of asking why and how, they just comfort the younger with a hug.

"It's okay. It's okay. Stop crying now." Jaebum shushed him while Youngjae was caressing his back to calm him down.





 

"Jinyoung, have your breakfast now." Youngjae placed some food on Jinyoung's plate since the younger didn't budge.

"I don't feel like eating, hyung."

Jaebum sighed heavyly. It has been 3 days and Jinyoung was still not in a good shape. He rarely ate and skipped classes for almost a week already. "It's not good if you skip. Just have a little."

"Hyung..."  He called them and his tears welled up from his eyes. They were swollen for three days already, but he still have the energy to cry once again. "Why is it so painful? Why am I hurting this much?"

Youngjae pursed his lips, he held Jinyoung's hand and caressed it. "It's okay."

"I want to tell him why, but he wasn't listening to me." He continued.

It was early in the morning, but they were greeted with Jinyoung's sadness. And it wasn't new for them. Youngjae looked at his boyfriend like he was asking for his help.

"Shhh, it's okay." Jaebum stood up from his seat, he approached the younger and pulled him into a hug. Jinyoung wrapped his free hand around Jaebum's waist and burried his face on the older's stomach.



 

After what happened to Jinyoung and Mark, Mark never came home anymore. He went back to his family's residence and lived there temporarily. He even sent a letter to his university that he would be taking off from school for two weeks and would do their school activities at home.

A cup of iced coffee was placed on Mark's desk by Yugyeom, Mark was sitting at his desk and was busy researching about his school project.

"Are you not done with your project yet?" Yugyeom asked after placing the coffee.

"It's almost done." Mark muttered, eyes were locked on his computer screen.

He stared at the older. He remembered how Mark suddenly came back home with swollen eyes. He skipped his meals for days and locked himself inside his room. They tried asking him why, but Mark wouldn't spill anything. "Your father is worried about you."

"Just tell him that I'm fine."

Yugyeom let out a loud sigh, he pulled the empty chair beside Mark and sat on it. "Hyung, if you have problem and if you can't tell your father... you can always open it up to me, right?"

Mark halted himself from typing on his computer as he listened at Yugyeom's statement. Yes of course, Yugyeom was the only person whom he could share his secrets with, but about JinE, he didn't want to talk about it to anyone. He, a guy who's very popular with girls, fell in love to someone who disguses himself as a girl. And what hurt him the most was the fact that he deeply fell in love with JinE.

"Do you still remember when we were young, we promised to always tell each other everytime we have problems or concerns?"

Memories of JinE started flashing on his mind once again. He was bearing all the pain that he felt and he thought that maybe it would be better to tell atleast one person about what he was going through.

Instead of continueing his activity, Mark slowly closed his laptop and stared into a corner. "Gyeom?"

"Hmmm?"

"What would you do if someone lied to you?"

Well, Yugyeom didn't expect such a question. He placed his elbow on the desk and rested his cheek on his palm. "Well, it depends to the lie."

"If not really that serious, then I'll just slid it off." Yugyeom continued.

"But how about if it's serious?"

"Like what?"

"Like... something that can completely lost your trust to that person."

"We always lose our trust to someone who lied to us."

"You know hyung, there are a lot of types of lies. Some people, they lie because they want to. But some people lie because they need to." Yugyeom stated. "Do you know why that person lied to you?"

Mark looked at Yugyeom this time and instead of answering the younger's question, he just stared at him and sighed. He knew that Jinyoung tried to explain, but he didn't listen.

"This issue is between you and your girl, right?"

Mark was a bit suprised that Yugyeom knew about his romantic relationship. "How did... you know about her?"

The younger snorted. "Come on hyung, not only me but also your dad knows. One time he asked me to check on you and I saw you with this girl."

"So am I right?" He continued. "You have a fight with her."

The older pursed his lips. Since he couldn't lie to the younger, it would be better to just tell him the truth. He nodded his head at the question. "Hmmm, right. But we didn't just fight, because I ended everything between us."

"What?!" Yugyeom exclaimed. "Aww hyung, isn't it a bit harsh?"

"Why?"

"You mentioned about lie then it means she lied to you. You can talk to her first before ending everything. But you broke up with her right away. Look, before you came, she was just happily living her peaceful life. And then when you came, you asked her to go out with you. And at the end, you're the one who broke up with her. Isn't that harsh? You ruined her peaceful life."

"Yah!" Mark lifted his hand and was about to hit the younger, but Yugyeom immediately covered himself with his arms.

"Calm down hyung, calm down. What I said was true."

"Oh! You're right, so what?" Mark just dropped the topic like that. He opened his computer and continued his activity while Yugyeom was smiling at him.

"Come on, you can fix that problem with her. Soon." Yugyeom said then he tapped the older's shoulder, showing Mark the encouragement that he probably needed.




 

Mark's situation was quite different from Jinyoung because he suggested to Youngjae and Jaebum to quit school. They wanted him to continue studying at the university, but the younger already made his decision and that is to quit. They couldn't force Jinyoung to continue his studies after what happened, so the two just agreed.

It was the last day of the week, and Jinyoung was dressed up for school. Before quitting, he wanted to atleast say goodbye to his friends. Even though he experienced misfortunes at the university, there were still a lot of good things to treasure.

"Jinyoung-ah, are you sure you're going there as Jinyoung?" Youngjae asked to the younger who's already inside Jaebum's car, getting ready to go to school for the last time.

Jinyoung nodded with a smile. "Yes hyung, everyone knows already so there's no need to dress up as JinE today."

"But... will you be safe?"

"Hmm, Youngjae's right." Jaebum in as he agreed with Youngjae. "The reason why you're dressing up as JinE it's because you need to hide."

"Yes, I can also go with you."

"It's okay hyung, you have an important meeting today right? So, I'll just go by myself besides, it has been a long time since those guys chased me, and I brought my cap and mask with me as well, so no one can recognized me." Jinyoung insisted.

"Okay okay, if you insist." Youngjae finally gave up, same as to Jaebum who kept on nodding his head at the younger.

Upon arriving at the university, Jinyoung felt that it was quite strange for him since he's dressing up as a boy unlike the usual time. The trip going to school was full of Jaebum talking about a lot of reminders for him, that he needed to wear his cap and mask all the time, and when going home he needed to ride a taxi.

And that's how he ended up wearing a cap and a mask while entering the university. Upon entering, he informed the securities that he wanted to apply as a new student, of course he couldn't use his identification card as JinE when he's going to enter as Jinyoung.

He went straight to the dean's office where he submitted his letter, informing them that he's going to quit. He also apologized for falsifying his application, telling them that he needed to hide his real identity to protect himself. He's lucky enough that the dean accepted his apology after explaining his side. He then left the office after clearing his issue.

When Jinyoung looked at his watch, he smiled upon realizing that it was their free time and so he headed to the courtyard where he knew that Bambam and Jackson were staying.

At the courtyard, Bambam was scratching the back of his head while staring at their assignment. He was at the courtyard table with Jackson and Lia whose also answering their assignment.

"If JinE noona is just here, we're done already." Bambam blurted out.

"Oh, Bambam's right. JinE is so good at this." Lia agreed.

Sighed. Jackson released a deep sighed after hearing Bambam and Lia mentioning JinE's name. "I miss JinE. It's so sad that she's going to quit school."

"Because of that crazy girl." He said while looking at Sana's direction which is just a few tables away from them.

"I heard someone saying that he misses me."

An unknown voice suddenly responded at Jackson's statement. The three of them shifted their attention to where that mysterious voice came from, when they looked around they saw a man wearing white sneakers, black ripped jeans, white shirt with a cap and a mask.

"Ohh, who are you?" Jackson asked with a frown on his face.

"Are you a grim reaper or something?" Bambam added.

Jinyoung chuckled then he removed his mask, revealing his face as a boy to his friends. He expected that his friends would really freak out after seeing him, so he tried to explain himself. "Hey, it's me Jin----"

But he was cut by Bambam who immediately shouted his name, stood up from his seat and pulled him into a hug. "Oh my god, JinE noona!"

"JinE-yahhh!" Jackson yelled his name and approached JinE with a hug as well.

Because of Jackson yelling JinE's name, it caught Sana's attention. Together with her friends, Dahyun and Jisoo, they looked at JinE's direction and saw a man hugging Bambam and Jackson.

"But..." Bambam pulled away and looked at Jinyoung from head to toe then stared at Jinyoung's face. "Wow hyung you're totally a man with a girl's beauty."

Jinyoung chuckled at the cute comment. "I thought you guys would freak out because I'm dressing up as a man."

"Why?!" Jackson suddenly exclaimed as he pulled away from his friend. "Why we would freak out? You even look so damn handsome as a boy."

"Right, you look good as a man." Lia added, who's still sitting at the table.

"Hey Lia, nice to see you here."

"Yeah, I study with these two."

Jinyoung then dragged the two back to their seats. The three showered Jinyoung with thousands of questions about why he had to disguise himsef as a girl. First, he introduced himself to his friends once again and this time, he finally used his real name, Jinyoung. He answered and explained everything, saying that he needed to protect himself by pretending to be a girl. That's what he said and he didn't go deeper because some things should be kept within him, Jaebum and Youngjae only.

The three were totally sad when Jinyoung mentioned that he came to talk to the dean and to say goodbye to them. Bambam pleaded him to stay, but he told them that his decision was final already.

When he left, he saw Sana and her friends at the courtyard as well. Jisoo and Dahyun looked at him while Sana didn't even bother to lift her head to look at Jinyoung. Jinyoung bowed at Jisoo and Dahyun before he walked past them and left the school.



 

"Good evening Miss, welcome back."

Sana was greeted by one of their house helpers as soon as she got home. "Where's dad?"

"He is in his office."

"Okay."

"Miss, what do you want for your dinner?"

"Anything is okay." Handing her bag to the helper.

She went upstairs, and headed to her father's office. Just a few steps away from the office, he heard his father's voice. His father was talking to someone. The door was left open a little bit, so she was able to hear the conversation.

"How's the person that I asked you to follow?" Mr. Nam asked the person he was talking on the phone.

"It's confirmed, boss. It was Jinyoung. He disguised as a girl that's why it took a long time for us to find him." Namjoon confirmed. "Today, he went out as a boy not as a girl."

Mr. Nam let out an evil laugh. "He's smart like his father. Dressing up as a girl, so that we couldn't find him?"

When Mr. Nam said dressing up as a girl, Sana immediately furrowed her brows and she suddenly remembered Jinyoung.

"Now that we've found him, I want you to get him as soon as possible. My plan at GTC company is going to take off sooner or later and I don't want that Jinyoung to ruin it. So, you must get him."

After hearing the phone conversation of her father, Sana immediately left at his father's office and went to her room. She closed the door, leaned her back against it and covered with her hands in shocked.

"Jinyoung..." She murmured silently. Then, she started having flashbacks.

"Okay, Jinyoung you need to smile."

"Youngjae-ahh, are you guys...done?"

"Stop looking at me like that."

"I didn't know that you're beautiful as a girl Jinyoung."

"I want Jinyoung dead or alive."

"Jinyoung... is a boy, right?" She started talking to herself, trying to clear everything, processing everything. "But he... he pretends to be a girl. And my dad, my dad is looking for someone named Jinyoung who pretends to be a girl to protect his life. Why my dad is looking for him?"

As she was realizing everything, her tears suddenly ran down on her cheeks. Jinyoung, who pretended to be a girl, to save himself from people who tried to search and kill him. And those people, were her father and his men. But Sana, because of her, Jinyoung's life is in danger.

"What did I do?" She questioned herself. "I put him in danger."




 

In his room, Jinyoung was sitting on his desk facing his laptop when he suddenly remember his parents and the day they were killed. His father, Mr. Park, was an investigator. He had a close friend who owns a big company, but Jinyoung didn't know the name of the company and even the owner of it.

One night, he brought a cup of coffee to his father who's seriously working on something in his personal space late at night. He sat down and had a talk with his father, not knowing that, that was the last time that both of them had a late night talk. The next night, his father and mother were murdered just right in front of him. Mr. Park was about to leave their house to meet his friend, the owner of the company, when he forget something very important to him. A flashdrive.

His father called and asked him to get that thing from his office, saying that it contained very important datas that he needed to give it to his friend. Jinyoung did what his father say, but before he could go back downstairs, he heard his mother screaming. There was a chaos downstairs. When he checked it, he saw some men bringing guns and they were pointing at his parents.

He heard his father pleading them to spare their lives, or even his wife since she wasn't involve in it. But the ruthless man which Jinyoung's father addressed by the name Mr. Nam threatened to kill both of them if they wouldn't give him the flashdrive. Hearing this made his wife cried while shaking her head. Jinyoung looked at the thing that he was holding, it was the flashdrive that his father asked him to get and the one that Mr. Nam was looking for. He was already crying, but he made sure not to make any noise as he was hiding while watching the whole situation. Jinyoung wanted to step out and give Mr. Nam the flashdrive that he was looking for, in order for him to save his parents. But he came to a halt after Mr. Park shook his head while saying that he didn't know what was Mr. Nam was talking about. And that's when Jinyoung knew how important that thing was. That his father was ready to risk his life for its safety.

Mr. Nam commanded his men to search for the flashdrive around the house, especially in Mr. Park's office. But Mr. Park knew that they couldn't find it, the flashdrive was with Jinyoung. And speaking of Jinyoung, he looked around to find his son. But he couldn't find him, he's hoping that their one and only son was safe and just hiding somewhere. He turned his attention back to Mr. Nam as he kept on telling that they wouldn't find it in his place. And Mr. Park was right because when those men came back, they said that they found nothing. Mr. Nam was furious. He raised his voice in anger, asking Mr. Park about the thing that he was searching. When he received the same answer, he pulled a gun from his side and pulled its trigger while pointing at Jinyoung's mother.

A loud noise echoed inside the house, a sound of a gunshot, followed by Jinyoung's mother who dropped her body on the floor after she was hit by a bullet on her chest. Jinyoung and his father both widened their eyes seeing Mrs. Park on the floor. After seeing her blood on the floor, Mr. Park grabbed his wife and tried to wake her up. But she's gone already. Jinyoung covered his mouth with his hand to prevent himself from letting out any noise as he sob. His mother was killed right in front of him and he couldn't do anything to save her.

Wailing at his wife's death, Mr. Park glared at Mr. Nam in anger and fought back by shouting at him. Asking him why did he do such thing, telling him how ruthless he was, and swore to himself that Mr. Nam's plan would never work. Because of this, Mr. Nam didn't hesitate to point the gun at Mr. Park and shot him, aiming his shoulder. Jinyoung couldn't stay silent anymore. His mother was gone and he couldn't afford to lose his father as well. And so he suddenly screamed. Calling his father as he came out from where he was hiding. All of them, including Mr. Park, turned to look at Jinyoung. Mr. Park saw his son crying, he wanted to hold his son for the last time, but he knew that it would be dangerous and so he shouted at his son to run and keep the flashdrive with him.

But Jinyoung, he was frozen on his tracks. He couldn't bring himself to run and leave his father alone. He stared at his father, both of them were looking at each other's eyes, and then he saw his father put on a small smile before telling him that he's fine and asking Jinyoung to leave right away. Mr. Nam ordered his men to get Jinyoung and bring him the boy. He took a few steps backwards, as the men were approaching him. His eyes widened when Mr. Nam lifted his gun and pointed at him.

His father shouted at him once again, asking him to run. He followed his father and ran going upstairs. And before Mr. Nam could pull the trigger and shoot Jinyoung, Mr. Park pushed Mr. Nam's arm and the bullet hit the wall instead. He pushed Mr. Park on the floor and shoot him, where he already lost his consciousness. When Jinyoung heard another gun shot, he turned to look at his father and saw him unconsciously lying on the floor. He cried and called his father, but he didn't answer anymore. Looking back, those men were chasing him. Jinyoung sobbed as he ran going to his room, he closed the door and locked it.

The men were pushing his door and he knew that it wouldn't hold any longer. He looked around, trying to think of what to do next. Then, he saw the balcony in his room. Jinyoung walked towards the balcony and looked out. Their house was situated in a suburb and it's near the forest, and that's the safest place for him at that moment. He glanced at the door and saw that it's starting to break. Jinyoung needed to save himself no matter what, that's what his father wanted him to do. His father risked his own life to save him and he's not going to waste it. He gulped nervously, he's at the second floor and the only way for him to escape was to jump. He let out a deep breath and prepared himself before leaping over the balcony.

He landed on the ground with a thud, hitting his left arm on the ground first. Jinyoung's face distorted in an expression of pain, but he didn't have much time to think about it. He stood up right away and started running going to the forest. When he heard those men's voices, Jinyoung turned to check on them while running and he saw them standing at his balcony. They lifted their guns and aim at him, a few gun shots were released by those men and luckily, none of them hit Jinyoung as he continued running.

Right when he was inside the forest, Jinyoung checked behind him and made sure that he's already far enough before he slowed down his pace. He was panting heavily from running. Then he suddenly dropped himself on the ground as he was exhausted, he leaned his back against a big tree behind him. Jinyoung looked around, it was very dark that he couldn't clearly see a path that could lead him out of the forest. His attention shifted back to the direction going back to their house and he silently cried. He's all alone now and he didn't even know what to do. His parents were just killed, he's even stuck inside the forest without knowing where to go next, and on top of that, he even left his phone at home. All he had at that time was the flashdrive that his father asked him to keep.

Staying in the middle of the forest wasn't a great decision after all. It was very cold that Jinyoung hugged himself and rubbed his hands against his arms to make himself warm, but that was the only safe place for him. He wasn't sure if those men chasing him, already left or actually waiting for him to go out, so he must stay there until the morning comes, then leave to ask help from the police. He leaned his head against the tree and was about to close his eyes and fall asleep when he heard people blabbering. Jinyoung became alert, and stayed behind the big tree. He slowly and silently peeked to see who were those people making noise, and his eyes widened when he saw the same group of men who were chasing him from their house.

His heart beat so fast and more tears fell from his eyes. This might be the end of him, Jinyoung thought. He leaned his back against the tree and shut his eyes. If it was just a dream, then he wanted to wake up right away. He wanted to escape that unfortunate situation he was in. He wanted to end it right away, but he knew that it wasn't a dream at all.

When he heard one of those men suggesting  to go to a certain direction, Jinyoung opened his eyes and saw their flashlights were at his direction already. He cried and kept on calling his mother and father, asking for a help. And before they could go on to where Jinyoung was hiding, it started to rain. The raindrops were large, that it made the men to retreat and decided to continue searching for Jinyoung when the rain stopped. They immediately run going out of the forest, searching for a shade for them to stop by.

Jinyoung was lucky enough that the rain poured and made those men withdraw from searching him, but still, he wasn't safe there. Shortly after those men completely disappeared from Jinyoung's sight, he grabbed some leaves and wrapped the flashdrive to prevent it from getting wet. Then, he stood up and left the place. He didn't know which way to go since it was very dark. All he did was just to continue walking to where his feet would bring him.

The rain continued to pour heavily and he was soaking wet, but he didn't care about it. He needed to get out from the forest as soon as possible and that was his mission as of that moment. Desperate to leave the forest, Jinyoung walked briskly and because it was raining, the trail was slippery. After a few steps, Jinyoung slipped and rolled on the ground. It was really dark that he didn't notice that the other side of the trail was a cliff. He rolled down on the cliff and stopped when he hit a wall. Jinyoung grimaced because of pain and held his arm as he slowly stood up.

There were a few lampposts as soon as he stood up to check where he was after he had fallen. And his eyes lightened up when he realized that he's already at the main road. From a far, a beam of light suddenly hit his face, cueing him that there was something coming. It's a car. He needed to hail the car and asked for help, but he was skeptical with that idea because what if the people inside the car were the people who killed his parents and who's hunting him.

Jinyoung's body were full of scratches and cuts. His foot also got hurt after he tripped, slipped, and rolled from the cliff. If he didn't try taking the risk, then he would likely die there. He felt his body getting weak and numb, but with every ounce of his strength, Jinyoung bravely and slowly took some steps heading to the middle of the road as the car was nearly approaching him already. Jinyoung waved his hand to get the attention of the people inside the car and it abruptly stopped right in front of him.

He looked at who were inside the car and was glad to see two unfamiliar faces. Finally, he's safe. He dropped his knees on the floor and cried so hard. The tears came out from his eyes were a mixture of happiness and sadness. He sat on the ground and brought his knees to his chest as he continued crying.

Meanwhile, the two people inside the car were both shock to see a boy in the middle of the road. They blinked their eyes multiple times before grabbing two umbrellas to check if it was really a boy who hailed their car and just suddenly collapsed in front of them. While holding an umbrella, the two slowly got out of the car despite of the heavy rain and they both went to the front. From there, they saw Jinyoung crying while hugging his knees so tight.

Once their eyes landed at Jinyoung, they noticed the boy having scratches and cuts on his body. The two crouched down in front of him and introduced themselves as Jaebum and Youngjae before they asked him why he was there, where is he from, and what happened to him. But Jinyoung didn't answer any of their questions. He just sat in there and cried.

Jaebum and Youngjae glanced at each other before they looked at Jinyoung once again. Then Jaebum took the initiative as he slowly lifted his hand and placed it on Jinyoung's back. He lightly tapped his hands, telling Jinyoung that everything would be fine and he's safe. As soon as Jinyoung calmed himself, he was invited by the two to come with them and that's how he ended up with Jaebum and Youngjae. Without them, he might die in the forest already.

Those unfortunate memories made Jinyoung to shed tears as he recalled it. He pulled the drawer under his desk and grabbed a small box, caressing the lid before he opened it. Inside the box was the flashdrive that his father asked him to keep. Ever since that night, Jinyoung never knew what was in it, that Mr. Nam even killed his parents just for that thing.

To give answer to his question, Jinyoung grabbed his laptop and inserted the flashdrive into a usb port on it. When it successfully connected, he saw only one folder under the name GTC company. It made his eyebrows furrowed as it was his first time hearing that company name. Clicking the folder to open, he saw a few files inside. Jinyoung clicked each of them and was shocked to read its contents. He found out that Mr. Nam was secretly stealing the company's funds and for illegally trading and purchasing shares through paper companies. The flashdrive is an evidence and that's the reason why Mr. Nam is desperate to have it.





 

"Hiii~" Jackson's voice echoed inside Jinyoung's house as soon as Youngjae opened the door.

"Ahm... hi good morning." Bambam greeted Youngjae. "We are JinE's--- wait no, I mean, we are Jinyoung's classmates. We are here to visit her... I mean him."

Youngjae looked at Jackson awkwardly, but smiled at Bambam. He opened the door wide and let the two got inside the house before calling Jinyoung's name.

"Aww~ Bambam, Jackson! Hi! What are you doing here?" Jinyoung squealed after seeing his friends at the living room.

"Jinyoung hyunggg~"

"Jinyoung-ahhhhh!"

The two screamed and launched themselves at him. From the kitchen, Youngjae saw it and he was happy for the younger. Jinyoung found true friends, he's smiling widely, and Youngjae knew that this is the life that Jinyoung wanted.

"Okay, you guys can let go of my son now." Youngjae said with a smile on his face. He just came out from the kitchen with some snacks on a tray. "He'll die if you choke him like that. Here, you can have your snacks."

"Thank you hyung." Bambam and Jackson said in unison.

"Yes you're welcome. If you need something, I'll be at the kitchen. I'm going to prepare something for our lunch."



 

It seems like Mark got bored staying at home for a few days already that he asked his dad to tag him along to the office. Mr. Tuan was shocked, but he didn't complain. Going out may help his son to overcome what he was going through although he didn't really know about it.

There were lots of problem in the company and Mark was aware of that but he didn't know how serious it was after scanning some documents.

"What happened to this dad?" Mark asked his father. He was sitting on a couch with his father inside the office.

"It was from the delivery incident, Young Master." Yugyeom answered.

"Delivery incident?"

"Yes, an accident occured while the truck was on its way for delivery causing damages to all products." Mr. Tuan explained. "Now, we're still trying to sort everything out to our clients."

Mark was about to speak when someone knock on the door. A man entered the room with folders on his hand making Mark to furrow his brows in surprise. The man bowed at them, and when he lifted his head, his eyes were focused at only one person, Mr. Tuan. Not even sparing a glance at the person sitting across the old man.

"Good afternoon Mr. Tuan, these are all the things that you asked me to look for." The man said while handling the folders to Mr. Tuan.

Mr. Tuan lifted his hand and received the folders. "Okay, I'll look into it later. Thank you, Jaebum."

"Okay, sir."

"Jaebum hyung?" It was Mark, who finally spoke after staring at Jaebum the whole time.

Jaebum heard someone calling his name with a very familiar voice. He slowly turned his attention to the man sitting across Mr. Tuan and he was surprised to see the person who made Jinyoung cried for days. It was Mark. "Mark?"

While Mark and Jaebum were busy mumbling each other's name, Mr. Tuan and Yugyeom were both confused at them.

"Do you know Jaebum, Mark?" Mr. Tuan asked his son.

"Yes, dad." He admitted while nodding his head. "He's my neighbor."

"I see. So, you're my son's neighbor, Jaebum-ah?"

"Y-your son?" Jaebum repeated, he was surprised to know that Mark is the son of a big company owner. He didn't know. Jinyoung never told him anything about Mark being the son of a CEO.

"Yes, he is my son." Mr. Tuan explained. "I'm not surprised that you don't know. Mark don't usually tell people about his family background, even to his close friends."

"Ahhh~" Jaebum cooed with an awkward reaction painted on his face. "That's why... I see."



 

"So you're the son of a rich CEO huh?" Jaebum asked Mark. They were walking at the hallway after Mark invited Jaebum for a talk. "I wonder why you're hiding this fact."

"I'm not really hiding that, hyung." Mark defended. "I'm afraid that if people know it, they will be friends with me because of my status. And I don't want people to think that I'm bragging or something."

"You have a point, but do you need to hide this even from your close friends or... lover?"

When Jaebum mentioned the word lover, Mark's mind immediately went to Jinyoung. How is he nowadays? "Yes. They don't know."

"And hyung..." He halted himself from walking and looked at Jaebum who stopped as well. "How is... Jinyoung?"

"Oh... you're asking about him. He's getting better now, but he was in a bad shape a few days ago."

"You might be cursing me because I hurt him. I can accept it if you want to punch me real hard, hyung."

What Mark said made Jaebum to curled his lips into a smile as he stared at the younger and he tapped his hand on Mark's shoulder. "Both of you are hurting, it's not just only Jinyoung. So I won't be punching you."

He sighed. "Actually, we all knew that this thing would happen. That's why we tried to stop Jinyoung from the very beginning, but I guess Jinyoung loves you so much that he took the risk and accepted you even though at the end, he would just get hurt."

Mark suddenly recalled what Jinyoung said on the night that he courted him.

"We knew each other for a few months only. Not really that long. It means there are still a lot of things that you need to know about me."

"What if you know something about me in the future, something that might change your mind and make you leave me."

"I accept everything about you. If not, then I won't be following you until now."

"But... this is something different, Mark."

"We don't know what will happen in the future, but I assure you that everything will be fine. You and I... we will fight those challenges... together. We can beat them, I know. If we just hold each other's hand. You have flaws and so do I, all of us we're not perfect but we can be if we know how to embrace our imperfections."

Now he understood why Jinyoung kept on pushing him away and hesitated to say yes to him. And yes, Jinyoung took a risk, but he just betrayed him. He said that he would accept everything about Jinyoung, but he dumped him and disappeared after knowing everything.

"Jaebum hyung?"

"Hmmm?"

"I really want to ask on why Jinyoung disguise as a girl?" Mark remembered that Jinyoung tried to explain everything to him, but he was too angry to give Jinyoung the time to explain. "He tried to explain it to me that time, but I didn't listen to him."

"Jinyoung, he disguised bec---"

"Hello?"

They both heared a man's voice coming from at the end of the hallway, and when they saw that it was Mr. Nam answering a phone call, Jaebum immediately pulled Mark to hide. He placed his finger on his mouth, giving Mark a signal to keep quiet.

Mark might not know, but for Jaebum, Mr. Nam was a little bit suspicious. When Mark's father asked his help about the company's problem, he found something that could tell that Mr. Nam was the one behind it.

"What is it now?" Mr. Nam said while looking around the place to check if someone was there.

"We're now in front of Jinyoung's house, boss." Namjoon said who's on the other line.

"Good. Just wait there. If Jinyoung comes out, you already know what to do."

Jaebum's eyes widened after hearing Jinyoung's name. After all these years, the person who wanted to kidnap and kill Jinyoung was actually Mr. Nam.

"There are four people inside including Jinyoung. What are we going to do, if those people interfere?"

"I've been looking for that boy and now that I found him, I won't let him go anywhere. If someone interferes, then you need to get them also. The most important is Jinyoung. I need him... dead or alive. Get it?!"

"Yes boss."

"Good, now get back to work."

After the call ended and Mr. Nam left the hallway right away. Jaebum directly grabbed his phone from his pocket, searched for Youngjae's number and called him.

"I need to go Mark." Jaebum nervously said as he started trudging to the elevator while placing his phone beside his ear.

"Wait Jaebum hyung." Mark followed Jaebum and got inside the elevator as well. "What's going on? Why did I hear Jinyoung's name from Mr. Nam? Did they know each other?"

"This is the answer to your question Mark." Jaebum muttered as he kept on calling Youngjae's phone, but no one answered. His mind started to think negatively. "Damn it! Why is he not answering?"

"What answer? What question?" Mark was so confused already and Jaebum's action made him nervous.

Jaebum looked at Mark with his worried face. "The reason why Jinyoung disguised as a girl it's because... someone is after him. Someone wants to kill Jinyoung and that is Mr. Nam."

Just right after Jaebum revealed the reason, the elevator stopped at the parking area and Jaebum was fast enough to go out of the elevator. Mark was left shocked inside, but he tried to compose himself and ran after Jaebum, following the older.







 

Meanwhile, Youngjae had fun talking to Bambam, Jackson and Jinyoung at the living room that he forgot to check his phone and it was even placed on a silent mode.

"Youngjae hyung's dishes are really good!" Jackson complimented. "I would come back here every weekend just to taste Youngjae's food."

"Ohh you can, but I'm afraid that my boyfriend would get jealous." Youngjae joked. "He's kinda possessive when someone compliments me."

"Ohhh~ you have boyfriend hyung?" Bambam asked.

"Yes." Youngjae happily nodded. "I'm living with him, but right now he is at the work."

"Wow~" Jackson cooed. He looked at Bamban and wrapped his arm around Bambam's shoulder. "I wish that we would be like them, right? We will live together then we will have babies."

"Hey~" Jinyoung nudged Jackson on the side. "You guys are really unfair. You never tell me that you are together already."

"Hyung not yet." Bambam in.

"Not now, but in the future you'll say yes."

"Okay, enough with this talk." Bambam ignored Jinyoung's statement. "It's getting dark now, we need to leave hyung."

"Aww, you're leaving now already?" Youngjae muttered. "I thought you guys would stay for dinner."

"Maybe next time hyung." Jackson politely rejected Youngjae's invitation for dinner.

"Yes, we will surely come back here hyung." Bambam promised. "My mom just sent me a message telling me to go home early today."

"I see. Okay, I'll be expecting you two next time. So since you guys are leaving now, let us send you outside."

"Okay." Bambam and Jackson said in unison.

They all went out, heading to where Jackson parked his car. Beside Jackson's car, there was a black van that was parked. Seeing that black van made Youngjae frowned, but he didn't mind who's car it was and just followed the younger.

When they reached Jackson's car, Jackson was about to open the car's door for Bambam when a group of men who's faces were covered got out from the black van. The unknown men directly approached them while pointing them with guns.

When Youngjae noticed those men, he immediately pushed the kids behind him and stayed at the front to protect the kids from those men.

"W-who are you?" Jackson stuttered. "What... what do you want?"

But Youngjae was pushed at the side by one of the men and pointed him with a gun. He wasn't able to move and save the kids, especially Jinyoung. He knew what these men want and that was Jinyoung.

"Youngjae hyu---" Jinyoung screamed after seeing the older being pushed by the men, but one man who's bringing a handkerchief with chloroform, grabbed Jinyoung and covered his nose with the handkerchief making him to slowly lose his strength and became unconscious.

"Jinyoung hyung!" Bambam called.

They saw what happened. Both Youngjae and Jackson pushed the men in front of them. They wanted to try saving Jinyoung after seeing him being carried and put inside the van. But because of that, Jackson and Youngjae also received punches on their faces and stomach then they both fell on the ground.

"Hyung!" Bambam screamed after seeing Jackson and Youngjae receiving punches from those men but before he could run to them, one man stopped him.

"Hey!" The man asked while pointing his gun at Bambam's face. "Where do you think you're going?"

The man grabbed Bambam's arms and pulled him going to the van. He tried to let go from the man's grip and attempted to ran back to Jackson, but one man was quick to give Bambam a powerful punched on his stomach, making him to be unconscious as well.

"Bam!" Jackson shouted. He was too weak to get up and it was already too late because the men quickly ran back to the van and left. "Damn!"

He diverted his attention to Youngjae who's lying on the ground as well after they were beaten by the men. "Youngjae hyung." He weakly called the older. He placed his hand on his stomach where he received punches and slowly crawled going to Youngjae. "Hyung."

A few seconds later, a car stopped in front of them and two men came out from the car. It was Mark and Jaebum. They both widened their eyes seeing Jackson and Youngjae lying on the ground.

"Jackson?!" Mark ran to his friend and help him to get up.

"Y-youngjae?" Jaebum's heart sank seeing Youngjae lying on the ground with cuts and blood on his face. He lifted his boyfriend's head, placed it on his lap and cupped Youngjae's face. "Youngjae? Wake up!"

"What happened?" Mark asked Jackson.

"I really don't know Mark. Bambam and I were about to leave when some men suddenly approached us. They pointed us with guns and punched us as well." Jackson explained with his face twitching because of the pain.

"Bambam?" Mark looked around, searching for Bambam after Jackson mentioned him. "Where's Bambam now?"

"They took Bambam and Jinyoung away. We tried to save them, but they beat us. After taking them, they immediately left."

"What?!"

"Jinyoung is in danger." Jaebum muttered. "They will kill Jinyoung. Since Bambam is there, they're going to kill him as well."

"W-wait hyung, why are they going to kill Jinyoung?" Jackson asked the older.

Jaebum glanced at the two, he's thinking whether to tell them or not. But seeing what happened, and the fact that they were already involved in the situation, it would be better to tell them everything. "Okay, i'll tell you guys about it but let's send Youngjae to the hospital first and you as well, Jackson."