First Date (Revised)

Love Me The Same

Wearing a black sweater and jeans paired with white shoes, Mark looked extremely good even in casual clothes.

He was left at the rooftop while holding the bouquet of red roses that they got from the flower shop after Jsebum left him and went back home to check if JinE was already done changing her clothes.

Mark's hands were shivering as he was totally nervous. A lot of things were running on his mind just like if JinE will like everything that they prepared or what will be JinE's reaction after seeing everything. As much as possible, he wanted to make JinE happy.

"Can I take my blindfold now?"

It was JinE's voice. They we're already at the rooftop and Mark's heart started beating so fast. He was hiding at the left side part of the rooftop, he peeked and saw the couple removing JinE's blindfold. A smile slowly creeped on his face when he saw how happy she was after the blindfold has been removed.

The place was amazingly beautiful with all the lights around it. There are flowers, balloon hearts, and some flower petals scattered on the floor heading to a table with a candle light theme.

"Why did you prepare all of these?" JinE asked the couple and this time Mark slowly walked behind JinE, getting ready to unveil himself. "It's beautiful."

The couple giggled before Jaebum responded. "Just enjoy the night..."

"...with him." Youngjae added as he pointed someone behind JinE's direction.

She was curious. She turned around to the direction where the older pointed and saw someone that she didn't expect. It was Mark, looking so handsome in front of her.

Mark smiled shyly at her then he started walking towards JinE. "H-hi."

JinE, who's really noisy a while ago suddenly become quite. She still couldn't believe everything that's happening which made her unable to utter any words.

"You look so cute when you get surprised." Mark complimented her with a sweet smile that can melt JinE's heart.

JinE gulped and blinked her eyes before she smiled awkwardly. "Only when I get surprised?"

Mark snorted and he shook his head. "No, you're always cute and beautiful."

"Such a compliment, thank you."

Both of them smiled, then Mark locked his eyes at JinE, staring at her like it would be the last time.

"JinE?" Mark called her name.

"Hmmm?"

"Will you... will you be my date tonight?"

She smiled at Mark after hearing his question then she turned around and looked at Jaebum and Youngjae this time. The couple nodded their heads, giving JinE the permission to date Mark.

A touching smile was plastered on JinE's face. She mouthed a small thank you to the two before she looked at Mark again and nodded her head which made Mark almost jump in happiness.

Both Jaebum and Youngjae slowly left the rooftop, leaving the two lovebirds. They were both smiling as they left, they knew that this is what Jinyoung really wanted. After all, he deserved his happiness.

 

 

 

"Do you think what we did is right?" Jaebum asked when they finally arrived in their house.

"Of course. You saw how happy Jinyoung back there." Youngjae answered. He smiled and pulled his boyfriend into a hug. "Jinyoung experienced a lot of bitterness in life at such a young age. It's not really that bad if we let him feel the happiness even just for once."

Jaebum hugged his boyfriend tight. "Thank you for always making me feel better."

"It's my duty." Youngjae chuckled.

"So since Jinyoung is not here... can we---"

"Your mind is more rotten than Jinyoung, you know." Youngjae playfully said as he slightly pulled away from the hug to look at his boyfriend.

"You should prepare a candle light dinner for me sometimes." Youngjae suddenly requested after they both sat on a couch.

"But I always do that on our anniversary." Jaebum stated while pulling Youngjae to his side.

"Yeah at the restaurant. How about trying it here at home? And make it from scratch."

Jaebum took a deep breath, Youngjae is a person who really wants to try a lot of things. It's not that he's complaining, of course he will do everything for Youngjae. Something like unique and not common. "Okay fine, if you like it, then let's do it next time."

"Waaah~ I really love you." Youngjae cooed and dropped a soft peck on Jaebum's cheek.

"Only on the cheek??"

Youngjae pursed his lips. He placed both of his hands on Jaebum's face, he leaned closer and dropped another peck on Jaebum's lips.

"Too short. I need a longer one."

"Yaaah, you're taking advantage." Youngjae complained.

"Just i'm making use of the time since Jinyoung is not here." Jaebum said.

Youngjae rolled his eyes at the older's statement. "Okay, just only today. I'll give you a chance." And with that, Youngjae crashed his lips against Jaebum who's smiling between the kiss.

Youngjae stood up from his seat and did a bold move. He sat on Jaebum's lap and wrapped his arms around the older's neck, making Jaebum quite taken a back of his moves. In their years of being together, Youngjae was never been this bold, only when he's drunk.

Youngjae looked at Jaebum in the eyes before crashing his lips against the older once again. As their lips move, Jaebum's hand were caressing the younger's back. They stayed like that for a few minutes, until Jaebum suggested to transfer in their room.

 

 

 

 

"Well..." JinE started, wearing a big smile on her face. "My parents just said yes, so... It would be my pleasure to be your date tonight."

Mark chuckled at JinE's reply then he nodded his head. He then lifted the bouquet that he was holding and gave it to JinE. "This is for you."

JinE held her breath after seeing a bouquet of flowers handed to her. She looked at Mark in disbelief as she pointed herself. "Is this for me?"

Mark eagerly nodded his head as a response.

"Really? It's the first time someone gave me flowers." She took it from Mark, smelled it and stared at it afterwards. "They are beautiful."

"Yeah, just like the person who's holding them."

After Mark let out those words, JinE snorted then looked at him. "Just make sure that you're not lying, Mark."

Mark laughed. "Of course not, everything that I said this time is true."

"By the way, I prepared something for you." Mark stated after glancing at the table where their food was placed. "I know you're hungry, so I made this for you."

JinE set aside her fangirling over the bouquet as she looked at the direction where the table was placed. She slowly walked towards the table, stepping on the rose's petals that was scattered on the floor. 

As she walked, she roamed her eyes around the place and she totally appreciated everything. "It's really beautiful."

"It's the 3rd time that you said that." Mark declared after hearing another compliment from JinE. 

She chuckled. "I just can't help it. Sorry."

As they reached the table, Mark pulled a chair for JinE to sit on it. JinE mouthed a small thank you before she sat on a chair. Mark walked into a corner where the food is being placed. He grabbed two plates of pasta and sent it to their table as well as the drinks.

A mouthwatering pasta was placed in front of JinE that makes her drool because of its flavorful appearance.

"Did you make this?" she asked.

"Yes of course." Mark proudly answered. "But Youngjae hyung helped me too."

She chuckled and started digging onto her food. While chewing, she slowly bobbed her head as she stared at Mark. She smiled and showed a thumbs up. "It's really good."

"Really? It's such a relief to hear a positive feedback from you. I need to thank Youngjae hyung for this." Mark said before he also digged his food.

The two sat on a couch after they had enjoy their dinner. They were watching the stars and enjoying the cold breeze of the air at the rooftop. Mark stood up and offered a blanket to JinE after noticing that she's wearing a short skirt.

"I think you're feeling cold, you should use this one." Mark suggested as he handed JinE the blanket.

JinE smiled as she took the blanket. She started unfolding the blanket and covered her legs with it. "Thank you, gentleman."

Mark chuckled then he took his guitar, brought it with him as he sat beside JinE which made her confused at Mark's action. 

"You have a guitar?" JinE asked.

He nodded his head as he smiled at her. "Do you wanna hear me play?"

JinE eagerly nodded her head at Mark's statement. Mark positioned himself, trying to make himself comfortable as he plays the guitar. After getting the right position, he checked the guitar's sound and when everything's already perfect he then looked at JinE with his eyes full of love.

"What song do you want me to play?" Mark asked.

"Anything is okay as long as I can hear you playing it."

"Okay."

He started hitting the strings of guitar, playing a song that will help him convey his feelings to JinE. 

🎶 Hundreds of confessions without success
I feel so unconfident should I just go back
I say I'll confess for sure
but it's pointless with no actions in the end
Can't keep my head up in front of you
I'm in love with you, why are these words so hard
I keep hesitating to say over and over again
Why is it so hard just to write a simple letter
I keep writing and tearing it over and over again

You may not feel the same way as I do
I may never see you again,
that's what I'm afraid of
Don't have the courage to tell you
With this song let me
open my heart to you

I love you, baby I,
I love you (for a very long time)
I love you, baby I,
I love you (I do) 🎶

Playing the guitar was enough for JinE, but hearing Mark confessing his feelings for her through a song, she was really touched. Mark ended the song with a smile despite of being nervous. But those smile washed away after seeing JinE's gloomy face while spacing out.

He placed his guitar on his side. "Are you okay? Didn't you like the song?"

JinE glanced at Mark and she plastered a small smile on her face. "The song was just really good."

Since it's already there, they were already in that moment. Mark gathered all of his courage to confess to JinE one more time, and this time he will say it directly instead of using a song.

"JinE..." Mark called her name softly and held her hands. "Everything that you hear from the song, that's all I wanted to tell you."

"I do like you." He continued.

It was the sweetest thing that she ever heard from Mark. They kept on bickering and annoying each other for the past few months and knowing that Mark has fallen in love with her despite of those fights, she wanted to pull Mark in an embrace and never let him go. But...

He is a boy. JinE is a boy who's just pretending to be a girl. Mark likes JinE. JinE, not Jinyoung. She stayed silent as she was thinking about the truth, she couldn't help but to feel sorry for Mark.

"It's okay. I'm not forcing you. I can wait." Mark added after he didn't hear any response from JinE.

JinE shook her head. "No... Even if you wait forever, still---"

"Still... It's okay." Mark politely cut her statement.

Yes, I like you. That's what JinE wanted to say , but she couldn't find her courage to tell Mark about it. She knew that it's wrong. She knew that they will end up hurting each other if it will continue.

"I'll still court you." He declared. "May I?"

She stayed silent. 

She took a deep breath, she glanced at Mark's hands on her and caressed it. "Mark... are you... really sure about this?"

Mark nodded his head with a smile.

"Really?" JinE asked once again.

"Yes, really."

"Hmm, okay." JinE continued caressing the back of Mark's hand. "But... really? You're certain about this?"

Mark pursed his lips and took a deep breath. His face looks like he's going to give up and take back everything that he said. "I already told you, I mean everything that I said tonight."

"Okay okay, calm down. Don't be mad." JinE said immediately after seeing Mark's reaction to her repeated questions. "You know... we knew each other for a few months only. Not really that long. It means there are still a lot of things that you need to know about me."

"There are even people who get married just a few weeks after they meet each other. So I don't think that's a valid reason, JinE."

"But... what if you know something about me in the future, something that might change your mind and make you leave me."

Mark slowly shook his head at JinE's excuse. "I accept everything about you. If not, then I won't be following you until now."

"But... this is something different, Mark."

"How different is it?"

JinE stayed silent. She doesn't want to ruin this beautiful night just by saying that he's actually a boy. "It's... nothing."

Mark took a breath before speaking. "We don't know what will happen in the future, but I assure you that everything will be fine. You and I... we will fight those challenges... together. We can beat them, I know. If we just hold each other's hand. You have flaws and so do I, all of us we're not perfect but we can be if we know how to embrace our imperfections."

JinE was really moved by Mark's statement. If Mark accepts everything about her, then why not accept Mark's feelings as well. "Okay."

"Okay?" Mark repeated. "What does okay mean?"

"Okay means... I agree." JinE said. "What you feel for me, it's the same as what I feel for you. So, I accept you now as my boyfriend."

"R-really?" Mark wanted to reassure.

JinE smiled and she slowly nodded her head as a confirmation that they're already dating.

Mark plastered a wide smile on his face after JinE confirmed that they are now a couple. He looked at JinE's hand and lifted it before leaving a soft peck at the back of it, which made JinE surprised and unable to utter any words.

"JinE..." Mark called.

"Oh?"

"Thank you."

She raised her brows after hearing Mark saying to her. What is it for? "For what?"

"For giving me a chance to be with you."

Sweet words kept on coming out from Mark's mouth and JinE's soft heart couldn't handle it anymore, but she needs to compose herself to avoid having a mental breakdown just in front of her boyfriend. "Ohh... thank you as well for not giving up easily on me."

Mark just nodded his head while keeping a sweet smile on his face. He stared at JinE's who's totally shy and couldn't even spare a glance at him. He moved his face closer to JinE, making her to finally looked at him. He stopped and glanced at his girlfriend before he continued, he leaned more and dropped a soft and sweet peck on JinE's forehead.

On the other hand, JinE shut her eyes after Mark continued to move closer to her and dropped a peck on her forehead. As soon as she felt Mark's soft lips on her forehead, it's like there was an explosion of fireworks inside her head.

Mark looked at her after leaving a peck on her forehead, she smiled back and lowered her head to keep her burning cheeks from Mark's sight.