I'm a Boy

Love Me The Same

Since their test is fast approaching, Bambam, Jackson and JinE decided to stay at the library to study after their afternoon class. Lia, their classmate, also came along with them as she asked help from JinE about a certain topic.

 

As soon as they finished reviewing everything, Lia left first since she has a part time job. Not so long after Lia left, Bambam and Jackson followed as well, leaving JinE all alone in the library. She needed to finish something before leaving the place. As she was preparing to leave, the librarian approached her while carrying two stools. 

 

"JinE-ya~" The librarian called her. "Are you leaving now?"

 

"Good afternoon, Ms. Jung." She greeted before asking. "Yes, why? Is there anything you want me to do? It's okay Miss Jung, I'm not in a hurry."

 

She smiled. She really admired JinE because of her personality. "I was thinking if you could help me bring these stools at the stockroom. We had a meeting this morning and there were two stools that wasn't returned."

 

"Ohh I see. It's okay, Ms. Jung. I will stop by at the stock room and return these."

 

"Thank you so much JinE." Ms. Jung thanked her with a big smile on her face. "I need to do something important that's why I'm asking for your help."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JinE headed to the stockroom which is located at the old building. Since it was old, there were only few rooms that have been use and there were only few students passing on that area.

 

She grabbed the key of the stockroom that was just hanged beside the door and she unlocked it.  She got inside as soon as it was opened, she looked around and found a group of chairs placed at the corner of the room.

 

She went to that corner and placed the two stools when the door suddenly shut closed. She looked at the door and heard someone locking it. She ran towards the door and twisted the door knob, but it didn't open. She was locked inside.

 

"Hello? Is someone out there? I'm stuck in here." She shouted.

 

"Please help! Can someone hear me?! I'm stuck in here!" JinE continued twisting the door knob while shouting for a help.

 

She tried hitting the door while shouting. "Help! Please open the door. Please help!"

 

She continued twisting the door knob and hitting the door while shouting for a help, but no one heard her. JinE breathes heavily as she looked around the place. It was too dark and dirty. The place was covered with dust and spider webs. 

 

She grabbed a chair and sat on it. Then she suddenly remember that Mark was still in the school. So she opened her bag and got her phone, she wanted to ask help from Mark.  She turned her phone on, but there was no signal causing her to scratch her nape in frustration. She tried raising her phone to get a signal, but there wasn't even a bar of signal on her phone.

 

"I just want to go home." She murmured to herself as tears started to run through her smooth cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mark kept on dialing JinE's number while he's driving back home. He reminded JinE to sent him a message after she arrived home, but he didn't receive anything from her.

 

Before driving back home, he checked the library if JinE was still there. But the library was already closed. He was thinking that maybe JinE already got home. But as JinE's boyfriend , it's unusual for her not to send Mark a message with an hour or two.

 

Mark got out from his car when he arrived home. He then saw Jaebum and Youngjae approaching him with a worried look on their faces.

 

He bowed at them before he started to speak. "Good evening Jaebum hyung and Youngjae hyung."

 

"Good evening, Mark." Jaebum responded. He looked at the other side of the car, hoping that JinE would come out, but there's no JinE coming out from the car.

 

"Are you alone?" Youngjae finally asked. "Where's JinE?"

 

Mark furrowed his brows after hearing Youngjae's question. "I'm not with her Youngjae hyung. I just come home alone."

 

Youngjae breathes heavily as he listen to Mark. They both looked at each other with a suprise look on their faces. Then Youngjae's became teary. He slowly leaned unto Jaebum as he brought his hands on his chest, feeling his heartbeat beating fast. Then he suddenly remember about the people searching for Jinyoung.

 

"Why? What happened hyung?"

 

"JinE is in danger." Youngjae murmured and his tears started to fall down on his cheeks.

 

"No no, JinE is safe." Jaebum tried to comfort his boyfriend while wrapping his arms around him for a hug. "She's safe. Let's hope that she's safe."

 

Seeing Jaebum and Youngjae's reaction, Mark could tell that JinE was missing. "I'm so sorry Jaebum hyung. I was with my groupmates making our school project. I told her that I will pick her up after we finish making it, but she said she will just call you to pick her up." He apologized.

 

"I didn't receive any calls from her. And Mark, don't apologize. It's not your fault."

 

"I checked our university before I come home, but I didn't see her there, so I thought she already went home."

 

"Youngjae and I were also thinking that maybe she's with you and you guys went out to eat dinner or something." Jaebum explained still hugging his boyfriend. "Now that we have confirmed that JinE is missing. What we need to do is to find her."

 

"But how? How can we find JinE?" Youngjae asked them.

 

"I will try calling Bambam and Jackson." Mark answered. "She was with them at the library."

 

Jaebum nodded his head at Mark before the younger grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed Bambam and Jackson.

 

 

 

 

While driving back home Dahyun kept on glancing at Jisoo, who looked so uncomfortable. She looked like she was worried about someone or something. Dahyun furrowed her brows at her friend's behaviour. She has never seen Jisoo with this kind of behaviour, even before. So she pulled over at the side of the road and looked at her friend Jisoo.

 

"Jisoo-yah?" Dahyun tried calling her friend.

 

But Jisoo didn't respond as she kept on staring at a corner while spacing out. All she was thinking about was JinE, who was stuck at the stockroom.

 

"Jisoo? Jisoo-yah?" Dahyun tried to get her attention once again. "Jisoo!!"

 

Jisoo got startled when Dahyun yelled at her. Her senses came back and she slowly turned her head to look at Dahyun.

 

"What's wrong with you?" She asked. "You look terrified. Did something happen? You were like this since we left the university."

 

Jisoo wanted to tell Dahyun about what happened, but she suddenly remember what Sana told her. Before they headed back home, Jisoo received a text message from Sana that if she's going to tell someone about what she did, Sana would tell everyone that it was her who commanded Sana to lock JinE in the stockroom.

 

Instead of telling the truth to her friend, Jisoo just looked away as she denied. She tried to calm herself as she speaks. "No, nothing. Just I'm sleepy."

 

"Sleepy?" Dahyun raised her brows. "It's the first time I see someone feeling sleepy while their face looks so terrified."

 

"Really, it's nothing."

 

"I don't think so. And also, what took you and Sana so long at the restroom?"

 

Jisoo looked at her friend this time. "It's really nothing. Let's... let's just go home."

 

Dahyun sighed. She really felt there's something that she needed to know. "Jisoo, your actions are telling me that there's something going on. Is there something that I need to know?" 

 

Jisoo gulped. There's no way she could escape Dahyun this time. "Dahyun... what should I do?"

 

Dahyun started to get confused after Jisoo asked her that question. "What do you mean about what should you do?"

 

"S-Sana."

 

"Oh what about her?"

 

"I saw her. She locked JinE inside the old stock room."

 

Dahyun's mouth agaped as soon as she heard Jisoo's statement. They locked JinE in that place? "How could you do this to her? This is too much already. That place is at the end of the hallway. No one can hear her even if she screams at the top of her lungs. Do you guys want her to die?"

 

"I know." Jisoo answered while her eyes were welled up with tears. "I tried to stop Sana, but she didn't listen to me."

 

"You already know that she never listen."

 

"I wanted to help JinE as well, but she threatened me. She said that she would point me if I tell someone. That's why I keep silent."

 

Dahyun pursed her lips while shaking her head. She never thought that Sana would come this far. "Forget about it. All we need to do now is to help her."

 

"How can we help her?" Jisoo asked as she sniffed. "We can't go back there and get her out from that room. The key is with Sana. She took it with her."

 

"Then let's call Mark. We need to let him know about this."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's getting late at night, but JinE was still nowhere to be found. Youngjae kept on calling JinE's phone, but failed to reach her. 

 

"Youngjae-ah just stay here. Mark and I will find her." Jaebum said to Youngjae who was sitting on a sofa.

 

"Where? Let me go with you." He insisted.

 

"We will try to search for her at the university."

 

"Then... I'll go with you."

 

Mark and Jaebum glanced at each other before they both looked at Youngjae. Then Mark talked to him. "Hyung, it's late at night already and you look so tired. It's better if you stay here."

 

"Mark is right. We will just call you if we find her."

 

Youngjae stared at the two before he let out a deep sigh and nodded his head. "Fine, I'll stay."

 

Mark's phone suddenly rang, he pulled it out immediately from his pocket thinking that it was JinE calling him, but when he looked at the caller... it was Dahyun, making him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. 

 

"Why? Who is it?" Jaebum asked.

 

"Is it JinE?" Youngjae assumed.

 

"No." Mark mumbled, eyes still looking at his phone screen. "It's our classmate, but... it's the first time I receive a call from this person." He answered the call despite of his confusion, hoping that the call would be related to JinE. "Hello?"

 

"Mark..."

 

"Hmmm, what is it?"

 

"I know where JinE is."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JinE's situation inside the stock room wasn't getting any better. She's parched, hungry, tired, and scared. He has been that old room for seven hours already. She just kept on sitting at a corner while hugging herself. She was crying for hours already and shouting for help, but no one came to lend her a hand.

 

She checked her phone, though her battery is full, but still there's no signal. She let out a sigh and placed her phone in her pocket.

 

Her eyes were b with tears, she felt that there was no hope for her to get out from that place. No one knows that she was stuck inside. 

 

Her heart suddenly skipped a beat when he heard a rustle outside. It was late at night already and there's no way someone would still be at the university. There were a lot of horror stories scattered around the school about the stock room where she was in. She gulped and scooted closer to the corner while still hugging herself tighter this time.

 

The footsteps were getting louder and clearer and JinE's heart was beating so fast as well. She shut her eyes as she tried to calm herself and not to be afraid when she heard someone's voice. It was Mark.

 

"JinE??" Mark called.

 

"M-Mark?" She mumbled. "Mark!"

 

"I hear her. She's inside!" Jaebum confirmed after hearing JinE's voice.

 

"J-Jaebum hyung!" She cried. She's getting weaker. Sitting inside the room for quite a long time without food and drink made her weak that she needed to hold unto something to stand up.

 

"We're getting you out from there." Jaebum shouted.

 

"The keys. We need the keys." Mark asked the security who came along with them.

 

JinE's phone slipped from her pocket and it fell on the floor without her noticing it. All she was thinking was to be able to get out from that place. She slowly trudged going to the door while the security was trying to unlock the door using the extra keys.

 

It was too hard for JinE to move. Her head started to feel dizzy because of hunger and instead of trudging towards the door, she found herself sitting on the floor while waiting for them to finally open it.

 

As soon as it was successfully opened, Mark and Jaebum pushed the door and entered the room. In there, they saw JinE sitting on the floor. Her face looked really pale and she looked so weak.

 

Mark's heart sanked after seeing his girlfriend in that situation. He immediately ran to her and hugged her tight. "Forgive me. I'm sorry JinE, this is all my fault."

 

She hugged her boyfriend back, placing her head on his chest while her tears fell down continuously. "No, it wasn't your fault."

 

Jaebum looked at JinE with a worried look. He cried while seeing JinE cried. As they head to the university, his mind was thinking that maybe he won't see JinE anymore. 

 

He reached his hand on JinE's back and caressed it. He's trying to make JinE calm. He looked around the room, he knew that JinE was really having a hard time staying inside a dark room for hours. JinE felt someone's hand on her back, she pulled away a little from Mark's hug and saw Jaebum who's also crying while seeing her in that situation.

 

"Jaebum hyung." JinE called him softly. She pulled away from Mark's hug and launched herself to his hyung this time. "Hyung sorry. I'm sorry if I made you worried."

 

"It's okay." Jaebum answered while caressing her back. "The most important thing for now that is that we found you."

 

"Youngjae hyung... where is Youngjae hyung?"

 

"We left him at home." Mark answered.

 

"He has been crying nonstop the moment he knew that you were missing." Jaebum added as he pulled away from the hug. "He insisted to come with us, but he looked so exhausted from crying so Mark adviced him to just stay at home."

 

"Sir, is everything okay?" The security asked as he waited outside.

 

"Yes, it's okay now." Mark said before he helped Jaebum in assisting JinE to stand up and got out from the stock room.

 

"Sir, do you have any idea who's the person behind this incident?" The security asked once again after they got out.

 

Yes of course, they knew who. It was Sana. Mark glanced at Jaebum and JinE before he looked at the security and shook his head. "We don't know. But if we have clue, we'll let you know."

 

"Okay sir."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was past midnight already, but Youngjae stayed at the living room while waiting for Jaebum and Mark. He was hoping that the two would come back home safely with JinE.

 

A few minutes later, he heard a sound of a car engine outside their house. He stood up and looked out of the window, it was Jaebum's car. He immediately went out, standing at the doorstep and waited for them to get off from the car. Then, Jaebum came out first from the driver's seat.

 

"Where's... where's Mark? Have you found JinE?" He asked. 

 

The backseat door swung open right after he asked. Mark came out from the backseat and assisted JinE as she got off from the car as well.

 

"JinE!" Youngjae ran towards her as he cried and launched himself at the younger. "Our baby girl..."

 

"Youngjae..." She mumbled while she tightened the hug. "I'm sorry, I made you worried."

 

"It's okay." Youngjae pulled away from the hug and cupped the younger's face. He moved JinE's face from left to right, checking if the younger didn't have any injuries. "You look so weak."

 

"Maybe because I'm hungry." JinE answered with a weak chuckle.

 

Youngjae looked at Mark then to Jaebum, he wanted to know what happened since the two just left without telling him about the information that they got from the caller. 

 

"Ahm, baby..." Jaebum started to speak, pulling Youngjae closed to him. "JinE was locked inside the stockroom for seven hours without food and drink."

 

"What?!" Youngjae exclaimed.

 

"Jaebum hyung is right Youngjae hyung. When we found her, she was crying nonstop making her to look exhausted."

 

"Who did this to her?"

 

"We... don't have any clue yet, Youngjae hyung." Mark answered. "But I'm going to find it out tomorrow."

 

"I see." With a worried look on Youngjae's face, he stared at JinE and tried to imagine JinE's situation while she was locked inside the stockroom and he felt really bad for her. "Okay, I'm going to cook for you. I'm going to cook your favorite food."

 

JinE shook her head. "It's okay Youngjae. I... I drank water while we were heading back home. I don't feel like eating. Now, I want to take a rest."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes." She answered while nodding her head. "You can cook my favorite food tomorrow though."

 

"Okay."

 

"Mark." Jaebum called. "Thank you for helping me find JinE. You need to take a rest now. You still have class tomorrow."

 

"I will hyung. Let me just send JinE inside then I'll go home." Mark stated in which Youngjae and Jaebum agreed. He wrapped his arms around JinE, assisting her as they went inside the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Usually, Mark arrived on time for class but it's different this time. He was already at the school an hour before the class started. He immediately headed to the school's courtyard as soon as he reached the school and he saw Dahyun who's comforting Jisoo.

 

"Dahyun." Mark called while approaching their table. 

 

Upon hearing her name, Dahyun looked up to see Mark approaching them while Jisoo looked so tense after seeing Mark.

 

"Ohh Mark. Sit down." Dahyun said.

 

Mark obliged and he sat down across them. He glanced at Jisoo who looked so terrified. "Jisoo, calm down."

 

"I'm sorry, Mark." Jisoo suddenly apologized.

 

"If you're going to apologize to me, then I will think that what happened to JinE was your fault." 

 

Jisoo shook her head vigorously. "No. No, it wasn't me."

 

"I know, that's why I asked Dahyun to meet me her. And I hope you guys would tell me the truth." 

 

Dahyun pursed her lips. She looked at her friend, Jisoo, before they both nodded their heads at him. "We're going to tell you everything that you want to know."

 

"Good." He smiled at them. He knew that both Dahyun and Jisoo are Sana's really close friend. Now that they want to reveal everything, he knew that this was not an easy thing for them to do. "I want to know, who locked JinE in the stock room?"

 

Jisoo took a deep breath. She's the only one who can answer this question since she was there when it happened. "The one who locked JinE... was Sana."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn't only Mark, Dahyun and Jisoo, who came to the school early. Sana was there as well, but not at the courtyard. She went straight to the stockroom after she arrived at their school.

 

She looked around, checking if someone might see her. She leaned her left ear on the door, trying to listen if JinE was still there, but she couldn't hear anything. She grabbed the key from her bag and opened the stock room instead.

 

When it was opened, she looked around. She was searching for JinE, but no, no one was there. She got inside and tried to check it once again. Her brows furrowed when she noticed something on the floor. A phone. She slowly crouched down and picked up the phone.

 

She went out of the room and locked it then she placed the key back on its place. She leaned her back on the wall as she looked at the phone that she found inside. When she turned it on, she saw Mark's photo as a wallpaper. She was confused. Did Mark change his phone?

 

She swiped it up and luckily it didn't have a password. And of course the first thing that she wanted to check on from that phone was the messages. She went to the messages and saw three text conversations. Only three.

 

"Mark. Jaebum? Youngjae?" Sana mumbled to herself.

 

She opened the conversation with Mark and started reading it. It was JinE's conversation with Mark. "Hmmm~ so this is JinE's phone."

 

Sana rolled her eyes while reading their messages. She pressed the home button as she couldn't take reading their sweet messages. She was about to lock it when something caught her attention. The gallery.

 

"Yes, why not? I want to know what kind of photos she's saving on her phone." She continued talking to herself.

 

Sana started exploring JinE's phone gallery. She opened the camera roll and saw several photos of JinE with different outfits, but then one photo caught her attention. She saw a picture of a man that looked like JinE. She clicked on the photo and zoomed it in.

 

"Does she have a brother? Like a twin brother?" 

 

She continued swiping until she stopped on what seems like a video. She played it and she almost dropped the phone while watching it. 

 

"Okay, Jinyoung you need to smile."

 

"Youngjae-ahh, are you guys...done?"

 

"Stop looking at me like that."

 

"I didn't know that you're beautiful as a girl Jinyoung."

 

"Wow thanks hyung."

 

"Okay. To make you more beautiful..."

 

After the video ended, Sana turned it off right away. She didn't know what to feel or how to react about everything. She couldn't believe what she just heard and saw. She unlocked JinE's phone once again, went to the gallery and watched the video one more time. She was shivering while watching it. She scrolled down on the gallery then she saw some old photos that could answer all of her questions. Those are collage photos of JinE before and after dressing as a girl. Sana locked the phone and shoved it inside her bag. 

 

And it hit her.

 

"JinE... is a boy?" She whispered to herself. "Her... no. His... He is a boy. His real name is Jinyoung? This can't be."

 

She was totally shocked. After all this time, she was jealous with JinE and the person that she was jealous with was actually a boy, not a girl. She knew that she needed to do something. She needed to save Mark from this kind of lie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because of what happened to Jinyoung, both Jaebum and Youngjae took an off day from their jobs for them to take good care of Jinyoung. He was really thankful for the couple because they loved him unconditionally, like really their own son.

 

Jinyoung spend the whole day lying on his bed. The two won't let him go to school or even do something at home. They just wanted him to relax and take a rest.

 

A knocked on the door interrupted Jinyoung from reading a book. The door swiftly opened and Youngjae came in with a tray of food on his hands.

 

"How are you feeling now?" Youngjae asked the younger.

 

"I'm feeling better now." He answered with a smile on his face.

 

"Good to hear that." Youngjae responded while placing a food stand in front of the younger and placed the food on it. "I brought here your dinner."

 

As Youngjae set the food in front of him, Jinyoung couldn't help but to feel happy at the older. "Thank you, hyung."

 

"You're always welcome. Oh by the way, did you send a message to Mark? Have you asked him about what happened last night?"

 

"Ahmm... I wanted to, but I couldn't find my phone. I think I lost it."

 

"You lost your phone?"

 

Jinyoung nodded his head. "Yes, and I couldn't remember where did I lose it."

 

"Ohh~ it's okay. Jaebum went out to pass some papers in his workplace. I'll ask him to buy one for you."

 

"O-okay hyung." Jinyoung mumbled. He grabbed the chopsticks and started digging on his food.

 

"Start eating now before your food will---" Before Youngjae could finish his statement, he heard someone calling him downstairs. 

 

"Hyung? Youngjae hyung?"

 

Youngjae widened his eyes upon recognizing the owner of that voice.

 

"Hyung, it's Mark." Jinyoung confirmed.

 

"I'll get your wig." Youngjae said as he instantly stood up and get Jinyoung's wig then he handed it to the younger. "Wear it, I'll go check him first."

 

Jinyoung just followed what the older asked him to do. He wore the wig and continued eating his food like nothing happened.

 

 

"Aww Mark! You're here already." Youngjae greeted the younger while going down the stairs. 

 

"Youngjae hyung good evening. I am here to see JinE. I have been sending her messages since this morning, but she's not replying."

 

"Ohh~calm down lover boy. About that, JinE lost her phone. She said that she forgot where she lost it."

 

"Ahhh~ I see, that's why."

 

"Yes. And about JinE, she's upstairs. She's eating her dinner."

 

"Can I see her?" He lifted a bag of fruits before he continued. "I brought her some fruits."

 

"Yes, sure. Let me have those fruits, I'm going to wash and prepare it." Youngjae took the plastic bag after Mark handed it to him. "By the way, Mark, have you eaten your dinner? You can join me and Jaebum after he arrive from his workplace."

 

With a smile on Mark's face, he nodded his head before making his way going to JinE's room. He knocked on the door before he slowly opened and saw his girlfriend peacefully eating her dinner. Their eyes met after JinE lifted her head to look at him and they both let out a small smile to each other. 

 

"Hi." Mark entered JinE's room and sat on the edge of her bed. "How are you now?"

 

She nodded her head as she continued eating her food. "I'm good now."

 

"Good to hear that."

 

"But..."

 

"But?" Mark furrowed his brows, waiting for JinE to continue her statement. 

 

"But I still don't want to go to school tomorrow. I'm... I mean... I'm not afraid. Just---"

 

"Hey~" He in. "It's okay. I understand. I talked to your professors this morning. I told them about what happened and they are giving you 2 days off from school. They're also doing an investigation about it."

 

"I think what happened wasn't intentional. Maybe the staff didn't know that I was inside and so they locked it." JinE explained before she finally finished her food.

 

"You think so?"

 

She looked at her boyfriend after letting out a suspicious question. She furrowed her brows as she waited for Mark to speak. "What do you mean?"

 

"I went to school early this morning to talk to Jisoo and Dahyun."

 

After Mark dropped Jisoo and Dahyun's name, JinE already had a hint to where their conversation would end. Instead of interrupting his boyfriend, she let him continue.

 

"They told me everything. Your presentation, what happened at the rooftop, the incident at the cafeteria, your activity papers that were missing, and now, the stockroom. There's only one person behind these and I know you know who she is."

 

JinE nodded while plastering a serious look on her face. "It's your psychopath ex girlfriend, Sana."

 

Mark didn't know if he would laugh because JinE just called Sana a psychopath or to get worried because the situation with Sana is getting worse. He hanged his head low and let out a sigh before he looked at his girlfriend again. "I'm sorry."

 

"Why? Are you regretting now? Regret that you're dating me instead of her? Since we started dating, your ex girlfriend didn't stop haunting us."

 

"Hey~" He stood up, approached JinE and set aside the food tray and the small table since she has finished eating already. "I don't have plans on dating her as well. If it's not you then I will just stay single."

 

"I only want you and nothing else." He said as he sat beside his girlfriend.

 

"Owww~ really?" JinE looked at him with her brows raised, giving him a skeptical look.

 

Mark pouted. "Why? You don't believe me?"

 

JinE chuckled at her boyfriend's cuteness then she wrapped her arm around Mark's shoulder. She placed Mark's head on her shoulder before caressing Mark's hair. "Don't pretend to sulk. I believe you now."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Jisoo and Dahyun arrived at school, they saw a lot of people gathering in front of the bulletin. The students' face looked so shocked and surprised about something that they saw on the bulletin.

 

"What is it?" Dahyun asked while looking at a bunch of people gathering at the bulletin board.

 

"Let's check." Jisoo said but before they could take a step, they heard Sana's voice calling them.

 

"Jisoo-ya! Dahyun-ah!"

 

Both of them suddenly felt anxious just hearing Sana's voice. They turned around and saw their friend standing behind them already.

 

"Oh Sana, h-hi." Dahyun greeted her awkwardly.

 

"Good morning, Sana." Jisoo greeted.

 

"Hmm, where have you been yesterday?" Sana asked. "I've been searching for you guys."

 

"Ohh~ we were searching for you yesterday as well."

 

"I was here yesterday, but I needed to do something so I went back home." 

 

"Ahhh~" Jisoo and Dahyun said in unison. 

 

"So... let's go to our class now." Jisoo suggested.

 

"Yeah, but..." Dahyun caught the attention of the crowd in front of the bulletin. "Aren't we going to check the ruckus out there? Let's stop by at the bulletin, maybe there's an important announcement."

 

"Okay." Sana agreed while plastering a smirk on her face.

 

The three of them approached the bulletin and what they saw on it made Jisoo and Dahyun totally shocked. An article was posted on the board, but it not just a simple article. It was about JinE disguising as a girl inside the university.

 

"Oh my god." Jisoo mumbled, as she covered with her hand in shock.

 

"This is not true." Dahyun added.

 

"I think it's true." One student said. "There are pictures attached, so it's really true."

 

"Yes, she's right. This is true." Another student said.

 

"Excuse me, excuse me." It was Jackson, he just arrived at school with Bambam and caught the attention of the students in front of the bulletin. "What is this all about?"

 

"Oh my god, hyung." Bambam reacted as soon as he saw what was on the board.

 

"That's JinE, right? It's our princess." Jackson asked Bambam. 

 

Bambam nodded his head, eyes were still on the posted papers with JinE's pictures on it. "Yeah, and she's not a princess. JinE is a boy."

 

"And his name is Jinyoung?" Jackson scowled. He couldn't believe everything that was on the board. "This is not true! Maybe she has a sibling ang his name is Jinyoung. That is his twin brother."

 

"I don't think so, Jackson." Sana in. "JinE and Jinyoung are just one person. He is just fooling us. Or maybe he's a gay that's he pretended to be a girl here."

 

Jackson's temper was slowly increasing because of Sana's statement. "How sure are you?"

 

"It's written in there." She pointed the post on the board.

 

But both Jisoo and Dahyun were not convinced with Sana's excuse that it was written on the post. They know their friend so well, and they also know that the person behind the article about JinE was Sana.

 

They dragged Sana out from the crowd and brought her at the back of their department building where no one can hear their conversation.

 

"What's wrong with you two?" Sana asked her friends.

 

"Tell us." Dahyun said.

 

"What should I tell you guys?" 

 

"Tell us that you're the one who posted that thing about JinE." Said Jisoo while looking around.

 

Sana pursed her lips then she crossed her arms on her chest. "Then tell me who let JinE out from the stockroom?"

 

Jisoo got tense after Sana asked about it, but Dahyun was quick to save her. "We don't know anything about that."

 

"But Jisoo knows, Dahyun." Sana insisted. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at Jisoo. They both knew how weak Jisoo and she could easily give in. "Did you let JinE out from the stockroom, Jisoo?"

 

"Sana, are you crazy? Do you want JinE to die in that room?" Dahyun asked her friend in disbelief.

 

"So you knew about it, Dahyun?" Sana rolled her eyes. "JinE won't die inside. A man won't die inside a room. Since JinE is actually a man, he could've done anything to save himself."

 

"Just like what you said Sana, JinE could've saved herself in that situation because she is a man. So, Jisoo and I were out of it."

 

Sana didn't say anything anymore. She stayed silent while giving an intense glare to her friends. "Whatever. I'll go now."

 

 

 

 

 

 

The students at school were quite strange as soon as Mark arrived at the university. Everyone was whispering while looking at him, like he was a criminal. He ignored those stares and he went straight to his classroom. When he entered the room, it was just the same. All the students were looking at him. 

 

Both Bambam and Jackson were busy talking to each other when Mark entered the room. They were really confused about the article that was posted on the bulletin. It wasn't just only on the bulletin, but it was also posted online. It was posted on the school's website. Then, they suddenly noticed their classmates murmuring to each other and when they lifted their heads, they saw Mark walking towards his table.

 

"Oh, Mark hyung." Bambam called.

 

Mark sat on his chair which is behind Jackson and Bambam's seats. "Hi Bam, do you have any idea why our classmates look so strange today?"

 

"Huh?" Jackson tightly furrowed his brows. He glanced at Bambam then to Mark. "Don't you know yet?"

 

"Know what? I've just arrived. What should I know?"

 

"It's JinE." Said Bambam.

 

Mark wasn't surprised at all even after hearing JinE's name. He was thinking that maybe it's all about the stockroom incident. "Why? What about her? Was it scattered in the university that she was locked inside the stockroom?"

 

"No, not about that. But there's an issue about JinE right now." Jackson said, his voice sounded so worried.

 

"Hmm, what?" Mark asked once again.

 

"You really don't know about it hyung?" Bambam asked once again.

 

Mark just shook his head. He grabbed his bag and started searching for his pen and book.

 

Jackson and Bambam stared at each other with a worried look on their faces. They were thinking on how to tell Mark about JinE's article on the bulletin board or just dragged Mark going there and let him see it. But Bambam decided to just say it.

 

"Hyung..." Bambam called. "JinE... is not a girl."

 

Upon hearing those information from Bambam, Mark suddenly stopped from what he was doing. He slowly lifted his head and looked at his friends.

 

"Bambam's right. JinE is not a girl like we all know. There is an article posted about JinE's identity on the bulletin. At first, we don't want to believe about it, but... There are pictures attached as well."

 

"Yes, Mark hyung... JinE is a boy and his real name is Jinyoung."

 

Jinyoung. He was about to believe what Bambam and Jackson were talking about but when he heard the name Jinyoung, he was skeptical.

 

"Jinyoung is JinE's twin brother. That's not true." Mark insisted. "I know her and I know him. I've met Jinyoung already."

 

"Did you meet them together? Both of them? Like together?"

 

And that was the question that made Mark quiet. Bambam's question actually made sense. They were neighbors, but he hasn't met JinE together with his brother Jinyoung.

 

"It's not only posted on the bulletin, but also on the school website page." Jackson mumbled while scrolling on his phone and he handed it to Mark. "Here, look at this."

 

Everything that was posted on the webpage looked really accurate. There were too much information and it's on detailed. Mark held his breath while reading everything. He didn't know how to sink in all the information that he was reading. How could JinE lie to him? Not only to him, but also to his heart.

 

With a fierce look, he handed the phone back to Jackson. He hanged his bag on his shoulder and stood up from his seat.

 

"Wait wait, where are you going?" Jackson asked while holding Mark's wrist. 

 

They've seen Mark got angry before, but the anger that he was showing at that moment was completely different from before. "I'm going to find the person behind this."

 

And with that, he left the room while everyone's attention was at him. They looked so shock at Mark's behaviour as they continued whispering to each other. Jackson stood up as well and was about to follow Mark when Bambam held his wrist.

 

"Where are you going?" Bambam asked. "The class will start in a few minutes."

 

"Who cares about the class. Just stand up and let's follow Mark." Said Jackson and he didn't waste anytime as he pulled Bambam up from his seat and fleed out from the room together.

 

They followed Mark who's heading at the front part of their building where the bulletin is located. All the students were staring at him as he fiercely approached the board, snatching those papers that was posted revealing the real identity of JinE.

 

He crushed the papers out of shape, he then left the area and went to the school's courtyard while Bambam and Jackson just followed. And when he reached the courtyard, he saw the person that he was looking for. Sana. She was sitting at the courtyard alone.

 

He trudged towards Sana's direction and when he reached her table, he slammed the crumpled papers on the table making Sana startled at his action.

 

Sana blinked her eyes multiple times. She looked at Mark's hand clutching some crumpled papers before she looked at him in the eyes. "O-ohh, Mark. What are you doing here?"

 

"Care to explain this?" Mark said, eyeing the papers that he was holding.

 

"W-what do you mean? What are these papers?" She grabbed the papers and tried to unfold it to see the contents inside.

 

"Don't even try to act like you're innocent!" Mark yelled making other students at the area turned to look at them and witnessed their argument.

 

She flinched. 

 

Jackson was quicked to grab Mark's shoulder to make him calm. "Man, calm down."

 

She read the contents on the papers and placed it on the table, while putting a lot of effort to look innocent in front of Mark. "I don't understand. Why are you accusing me?"

 

"I know you're the reason behind this ! I already know all the evil things that you did to her. And this time, you're doing this?! Making stories while using JinE's family? Using her twin brother to separate us?!"

 

Sana clenched her fist in anger. She was expecting for her plan to work, but hearing those statements from Mark only proved that she failed again this time. "What I posted was true! JinE is not a girl, he is a damn boy! Do you hear me? He is a boy pretending to be a girl!"

 

"What?" Bambam whispered after hearing Sana admitting that she was the one who posted it.

 

"And where did you get that kind of story? Huh? Where?!" Mark shouted in anger.

 

"Got it from JinE's phone. Or should I say... Jinyoung's phone?" Her tone of voice suddenly changed. She sounded so evil that everyone looked at her in disbelief. "Everything that I wrote on that article, oh well, you already know that I did it anyway so I'm not going to act like an innocent girl anymore."

 

"How did you get her phone?"

 

"She dropped it and I found it." Sana simply answered Mark's question.

 

"Yes, I did it! It was me." She continued while facing the crowd in every direction. "It's not just a simple article that I posted because everything that I wrote in there... was true." She grabbed JinE's phone from her bag and played the video clip of JinE changing from a boy to a girl.

 

"Oh my god hyung..." Bambam whispered to Jackson while watching the video. "It's really true."

 

"Now tell me, what did I do wrong?" Sana continued once the video ended. "I was just trying to enlighten everyone from being fooled by a man who disguises himself as a woman."

 

The students agreed at Sana. They nodded her head at her, agreeing at her reasons on revealing JinE's identity.

 

"Now Mark, are you still going to fool yourself about JinE having a twin brother?"

 

Mark was left dumfounded. He was trying to sink in all the information that he had gathered. He wanted to believe JinE. He wanted to tell himself that everything was just a rumor, a kind of misunderstanding, but no matter how hard he tried, he would still end up believing that JinE actually lied to him.

 

Sana shook her head before she started gathering her things and put it inside her bag. She hanged her bag on her shoulder and approached the person who just stayed silent. "You know Mark..." She mumbled softly. "I just want to protect you and to save you from him." Sighed. She let out a loud sigh before she continued. "But how come I'm still wrong? Everything that I do, even if it's for you. Always, it's wrong."

 

"Here." She handed JinE's phone to Mark. "Try to get to know your girlfriend. Her identity is in this phone. If you don't believe me, then see it for yourself."

 

Mark slowly lifted his hand and accepted JinE's phone before Sana left the place. The students also fled the place after Sana and Mark's argument was over, leaving only Mark, Bambam and Jackson.

 

"Man, Marky, are you okay?" Jackson asked Mark who's head hanged low, staring at JinE's phone. Then something caught Bambam and Jackson's attention.

 

Tears.

 

There were drop of tears on JinE's phone screen. When Bambam peeked on Mark to check his friend, he found out that Mark was crying for the first time. He then sent a sign to Jackson that Mark cried.

 

Jackson immediately pulled Mark into an embrace while Bambam was caressing his back. Mark leaned on Jackson and cried. They were friends with Mark since high school and they have never seen him cry even once. And seeing Mark in this state, they both knew that what happened totally hurt their friend.

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung was left alone in the house since both Youngjae and Jaebum went to their respective jobs. Staying at home and lying on the bed made Jinyoung to feel bored and lazy, he wanted to do something productive. He stood up from the bed and went to his desk. Since their 100 days as a couple was just a few months away, he wanted to make something for Mark.

 

He gathered some colorful papers and cut them into strips, he wanted to make a jar with 50 reasons why he like or love Mark. Jinyoung was enjoying what he was doing that he didn't notice that someone knocked on the door.

 

After a few minutes, the door swung open. He turned around to look at who entered and he dropped the scissors on his desk after seeing... Mark.

 

Jinyoung stared at Mark who was just standing at his doorstep and didn't say anything. Mark was staring at him as well. Jinyoung pursed his lips and gulped before he slowly stood up from his seat.

 

"O-oh Mark, you're here." Jinyoung said awkwardly. "Ahm, are you here to see JinE?"

 

Instead of answering Jinyoung's question, Mark roamed his eyes around the room then he landed his gaze on Jinyoung. "What are you doing here? Isn't it JinE's room?"

 

Scratching. Jinyoung scratched his neck at Mark's question and tried to avoid his gaze. "Yeah, I was just..."

 

"You were just..."

 

"searching for something. Yes, I was just searching for something."

 

"Hmm, I see." But Mark didn't buy that reason now that he already knew the truth.

 

Jinyoung stared at Mark's eyes and he could see the sadness in it. He wanted to ask why, but he knew that he could only do it if he's going to dress up as JinE. "Hmm... Since you're here to see JinE, I'm going to call him for you."

 

He was about to leave the room, when Mark suddenly speak making him to look at Mark in confusion. "There's no need."

 

"No need? I thought you're here to see her."

 

"Maybe... the person I am looking for is already right here in front of me."

 

It was a statement that made Jinyoung's heart skipped a beat. He gulped once again as he looked at Mark. "What's... What's that supposed to mean?"

 

Mark calmly grabbed JinE's phone from his pocket. He unlocked it and played the video that Sana showed to him. A video that was filmed just a few moments before their first date. Then, he lifted the phone and showed the video to Jinyoung.

 

The moment Mark grabbed a familiar phone from his pocket, Jinyoung silently gasped and prepared himself for the next thing that would happen. He nervously glanced at Mark before he focused his attention to the screen and watched it.

 

"Now tell me..." Mark spoke after the video ended. "Tell me that this is not true."

 

Jinyoung looked down as he bit his lower lip. How can he lie now? The answer to Mark's statement was already in that video. He slowly lifted his head to look at Mark who was just staring at him the whole time. "Mark... I can explain."

 

"I don't really need your explanation. Just tell me if it's true or not." Mark has always been so soft at him. Whether he is JinE or Jinyoung, but it was the first time that Mark talked to him with his stern voice. "This morning... when I arrived at school, everyone looked at me like I did something wrong. And then I saw this."

 

"I don't really believe them." He continued. "I don't want to believe. Because I only want to believe you. So, now... tell me the truth."

 

"Look, I really---"

 

"Just tell me the truth!" Mark cut him.

 

"Yes! That's true! JinE and Jinyoung are just one. JinE doesn't exist."

 

"What?" Mark said almost in a whisper. Finally, Jinyoung admitted but he wasn't prepared for that. He was thinking that there's still a chance, that Jinyoung would say no.

 

"Mark..." Jinyoung called, tears welled from his eyes. "JinE is not a girl. JinE is a boy. And that's me."