Let Me Help You

Love Me The Same

It's a beautiful sunny day, but Jinyoung was too numb to feel it. He didn't have enough sleep because of Mark. Until now, he's still thinking about what he said to him last night.

I like your sister. Help me with her. 

And it keeps on repeating in his head for a million times already. He rolled on his bed while kicking his feet in the air until he fell down from his bed and produced a loud thud on the floor as soon as he landed on it.

A few minutes later, Youngjae suddenly appeared in his room with a nervous face.

"Jinyoung?!" He called when he sees no one on Jinyoung's bed. "Where are you? Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine!" Jinyoung answered then he raised his foot for Youngjae to see where he is. He's actually lying on the floor after he fell down from his bed. "I... just fell down from my bed, but i'm still alive. Don't worry."

Youngjae shook his head as he pursed his lips at Jinyoung's silliness. He walked towards Jinyoung's bed and sat on it. "Come on, stand up. What happened to you? Did you have a nightmare again?"

Jinyoung sat on the floor and placed his chin on his bed while pouting. " Not a nightmare... because it's real."

Youngjae raised an eyebrow at Jinyoung. He doesn't get what Jinyoung wants to say. "Tell me."

"Youngjae I want to cryyy~"

"Why why why? Tell me!"

"It's about what Mark and I talked about last night."

"Ohh yeah about that..." Youngjae sat properly on the bed, preparing himself to listen to Jinyoung's story. "I want to know what did you guys talk about last night."

Jinyoung was staring at a corner when Youngjae asked Jinyoung to tell him everything about their conversation last night. "He likes JinE."

Youngjae gasped as he lifted his hand and placed it on his mouth in surprise. "Oh my god..."

"And he asked me to help him win her heart." He added as he sat on his bed.

"What?!" He widened his eyes after Jinyoung continued. Youngjae looked at Jinyoung with a confused and worried face. He didn't see it coming and he was totally shock. "And then? What did you say? Tell me more!"

---- Last Night ----

"I like your sister. Help me with her."

"What?! Are you crazy?" Jinyoung scowl after he heard Mark's statement. "Why would I help you?"

"Simply because she's your sister. You know her better than me."

Jinyoung stared at Mark's face with full of concern. If he could just tell Mark right away that he is JinE, then he will definitely do it. He doesn't want Mark to fall deeper for JinE. But the problem is he can't, he can't just easily tell Mark especially now that the situation is getting more complicated.

"I'm sorry but I can't help you." Jinyoung said, rejecting Mark's favor.

"But why?"

"My sister doesn't like you."

Mark shook his head, he doesn't believe what Jinyoung said. He's just lying. "It's not true. You just don't want to help me."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes at Mark's stubbornness. "I can help you with anything but not this."

"Jinyoung... please."

If he could just disappear right in front of this annoying human being who's showing a gloomy face just for him to agree with it, maybe it already happened. 

"Go back to your house now, it's getting late." Jinyoung shooed him away as he tried to change the topic as well.

"Answer me first. I will not leave."

"I will think about it."

"Really?!" Mark exclaimed. He's eyes are shinning so bright, he looks like a kid who's going to receive a big present from his parents. He suddenly launched himself to Jinyoung, hugging him because of too much happiness. "Ohh thank you so much."

It wasn't the first time that they hugged, but for Jinyoung, it's like the first time. He got surprised after Mark hugged him and as much as he wants to stay in this position forever, he pushed Mark away and forcefully sent him at the main door.

Mark left Jinyoung's house with a smile on his face. He's hopeful that Jinyoung would help him.

----


Two days had passed and Jinyoung still haven't decided about what would be the best answer for Mark's favor. Because he doesn't know how to answer it anyway, Jinyoung avoided Mark as much he could. 

In school, Jinyoung forced himself to stick with Sana and her friends. Even in lunch time, Jinyoung chose to eat with them instead of eating at the rooftop. Avoiding Mark doesn't only happen in school, but also at home. If Mark wants to talk to him, he would hide and  ask Youngjae to tell Mark that he's already sleeping or he's not at home.

Youngjae told his boyfriend about it when Jaebum finds it strange for Jinyoung and Youngjae to avoid Mark. Same with Youngjae's reaction, Jaebum was also surprised but he laughed at the thought that Jinyoung is avoiding Mark just because Mark likes him. 

 


Jinyoung is sitting at the backseat of Jaebum's car while he's busy studying his notes. On the other hand, Jaebum kept on glancing at him while he's driving, heading to Jinyoung's university.

"Jinyoung?" Jaebum called.

"Hmm?" Jinyoung hummed as a response without even taking a glance at the older.

"Youngjae told me about you and Mark."

"What about us, hyung?" He asked, acting oblivious about what Jaebum tries to say.

"That he likes you and he's asking you to help him win your heart."

He let out an annoying sigh and looked at Jaebum who's very focused on driving. "Hyung, how many times do I have to tell you and Youngjae that Mark likes JinE and not me?"

"But JinE and Jinyoung are just one."

"Yeah but in Mark's eyes Jinyoung and JinE are not one."

"Okay." Jaebum gave up at Jinyoung's stubbornness, arguing with this young man is really not a good idea. "But you haven't answered him right? And you're even avoiding him. How long are you going to avoid Mark? It's not like you can avoid him forever. You need to face him and give him your answer."

As he listened to Jaebum's statement, Jinyoung closed his notes and shoved it inside his bag. "Hyung, it's not that easy." He said with a soft voice. "I don't even know how to answer him. If I will say yes, how should I help him? And if I will do that... It's like I'm offering my own self to him. But if I will say no, he will ---"

"He will still try to get you even without your help." Jaebum said after cutting Jinyoung's statement. "If he's really interested in you, even with or without your help... he will still try it."

Jaebum's right, even though his answer will be no... if Mark is really interested to him, then he will pursue it no matter what. His answer won't discourage Mark's feelings towards him. 

 

 

"Today, we're going to have a group activity." Ms. Jeon said, their teacher in Marketing.

The student's faces brightened up after their teacher informed them about their group activity. 

"I will be choosing your members for your group, their will be three members in one group." Ms. Jeon continued and smiled when she saw the student's bright faces became gloomy. "Okay let's start. First group will be Lucy, Felix and Dayoung. Second, Jeno, Yeongho and Rina. Next, Minhyun, Daniel and Jisoo. Let's have Mark, JinE and Sana. Then Bambam, Jackson and Dahyun. Lastly, Jisung, Jae and Hyunjin. Now that you already know your group mates, go to your group and plan your presentation about the Marketing Strategies. Present one company and their strategy. You have two days to prepare for that."

After Ms. Jeon gave the instructions to her students, she left the classroom and the students started to gather with their group mates. Both Sana and Jinyoung were hesitating to approach Mark who's busy writing something, so Jinyoung stood up and dragged his chair in front of Mark's table.

Jinyoung doesn't understand why of all the students that he can be with, why it has to be Mark and Sana. As much as he wants to avoid Mark, today is an exception because of their freaking group project. Moments later after Jinyoung approached Mark, Sana followed Jinyoung as well and she sat beside Mark which made Jinyoung surprised at her action.

"Hey~ let's plan our presentation." Jinyoung said as he breaks the silence.

"Ohh yeah, I already divided our task." Mark said, without looking at both Jinyoung and Sana. "Sana, research about the definition of marketing strategy and its history. JinE, I will assign you the Strategic marketing planning and analysis."

"Ahh~ okay." Sana said it in a very soft voice. "I will do my research tonight and print it. I will show it to you tomorrow Mark for you to check if there are some mistakes."

"Okay." Mark answered and this time he lifted his head to look at the two. "I will work on the company's part. Since JinE and I are neighbors, I can easily ask a help from her if I need to."

As soon as Mark let out the fact that they're neighbors, and even in front of his ex girlfriend, Jinyoung can't help but to looked at Sana who's already staring at him with an intense look. He can sense that Mark doesn't want to be with Sana, he doesn't want to talk to her that's why he prepared everything before talking to them.

 


It's getting late at night already when Mark suddenly felt like walking outside. He usually do it to relax and relieve his stress. He grabbed his coat and put it on since it's starting to get cold because of fall season. He shoved his wallet and keys in his pocket and head outside.

He's actually not a scaredy cat but seeing Jinyoung sitting at their door step while wearing a black cap and mask made him wanted to scream. He took a deep breath before he slowly walked towards the fence which separates their houses.

"Why are you sitting there at this time?" Mark whispered underneath his breath, but Jinyoung heard it and he just wanted to run away because of too much shocked at Mark's sudden appearance.

Jinyoung placed his hands on his chest as he lightly rubbed it to calm himself. "What the heck, Mark? Are you a ghost or something? You're scaring me."

"Well, that's the question I've wanted to ask you." Mark leaned towards the fence and put his elbow on it before he placed his chin on his palm. "You almost killed me after I saw you sitting there, I almost scream. Why are you even staying here outside? And even wearing a cap and mask, hmm? Are you sick? Or you're going to rob a house tonight?"

"No, just I want to breathe some fresh air."

Mark raised an eyebrow at Jinyoung's statement. "Really? Breathe some fresh air with a mask? Quite interesting~"

He looked at Mark with a glare and noticed that Mark dressed up even though it's late at night. "Where are you going this late at night? Fishing some girls?"

"Of course not. I was researching about our presentation when I suddenly felt like going out and take some walk."

"Ohh I see~"

"Wanna go with me? I noticed that you're avoiding me these past few days. Am I right?"

As Mark let out those words, Jinyoung can feel the sadness in Mark's voice. It's not only his voice sounds unhappy but it's also written on his face. 

"It's not really like that. I just don't know what to do with you."

"Were you really bothered that I asked help from you about your sister?" He asked as he let out a small chuckle. Mark lifted himself and briskly jumped over the fence. He safely landed in front of Jinyoung who's eyes became widened with his action.

"That's trespassing."

"Oh come on, I always do that. Remember the day that we met? I jumped over the fence just to check what's going on." He pursed his lips before he offered his hand to Jinyoung. "Come with me. Let's go to a convenient store near here, I'm hungry."

Jinyoung stared at Mark's hand that was right in front of him, he can feel his heart started to beat erratically. This always happens every time Mark do something to him, but until this time he doesn't know what was that mean.

He slowly moved his hand towards Mark and took it. The fact that his hand was on Mark's sent shivers down to his spine. Mark held his hand and pulled him to stand up but something unexpected thing happened. As Jinyoung stood up, Mark didn't move from where he is which made Jinyoung stands closed to him and their faces were just a few inches away from each other.

They both stared at each other's eyes before Jinyoung pushed Mark away as soon as he finally gathered his strength. He walked ahead of Mark, leaving him standing behind and was still in a daze.

 


"Can we stop first? I want to buy something from that store." It was Hoseok, one of Namjoon's men who's searching for Jinyoung.

"Okay, let's stop for a while." Namjoon asked Changbin who's driving the car. "Buy us some drinks also."

Changbin stopped the car outside the convenient store then Hoseok immediately went out to buy a cup noodle and some drinks.

"Do you really need to wear that mask and cap?" Mark asked Jinyoung. They were inside the convenient store, searching for some foods to eat. "You look like a criminal, even the cashier got scared at you when you entered."

Jinyoung pouted even though Mark can't see it. "There's too much pollution around, so I want to protect myself."

"Even inside the convenient store there's pollution?"

"Whatever. Go pay your snacks now and let's go back home." He said and went to the next shelf to find some drinks.

"Okay okay, calm--"

Mark wasn't able to finished his statement when a man accidentally bumped into him and he dropped all of his snacks on the floor.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you." Hoseok bowed at Mark and help him pick up his snacks.

"It's okay."

After Hoseok pick up all the snacks, he handed it Mark and apologized before he went out of the convenient store.

"Mark, please buy this..." He stopped and saw Mark pick one snack on the floor. He approached him immediately and helped him bring some of the snacks. "Are you okay? Why didn't you ask me to help you bring it?"

"I'm fine. Just someone bumped into me." Mark assured him with a smile before he walked to the cashier.

"Okay, please buy this one for me. I forgot to bring my money."

He followed Mark to the cashier and placed his bottled tea on the counter. While waiting, he's attention diverted to the black car outside. He tilted his head and stared at the man who's facing his back to Jinyoung then the man gets inside the car and drove away.

He seems familiar...

 

They both walked along the road in the moonlight, Mark was busy eating one of his snacks while Jinyoung was holding his drink, eyes were stuck on the road.

"Mark..." He called while his eyes still focused on the road. "Why do you like my sister?"

Mark got surprised at Jinyoung's question, he halted himself from walking and stared at Jinyoung who's walking ahead of him. "She... because she changed me."

This time, it was Jinyoung's turn to be surprised. He didn't expect Mark to say those words, he doesn't know why or how did he do that. How did he changed this person?

"JinE... She has a bright and cheerful personality. Every time I see her enjoying even small things, I find her cute and funny. I like teasing her because I think she's cute when she gets annoyed or angry." Mark continued while remembering his memories with JinE. When JinE got scared at him, when he saw her crying because she was totally scared and when he saw her at the rooftop  enjoying the fresh air. "Sometimes she gets worried at me. Even though she won't say it, but her actions tells me that she cares about me."

If Jinyoung can just cry right now, maybe his tears already escape from his eyes. He can only hear these words from Jaebum and Youngjae, but now he's listening to someone whom he just met for months. He turned around then stared at Mark's eyes and all he can see is honesty.

"Before I met her, I'm living a life full of sadness. But when she came, I learned how to smile and be positive to everything."

"I never thought you can say all these things to my sister." Jinyoung said with a smile on his face. "She's lucky to have you."

"I can have her if you help me." Mark showed a silly smile before he walked happily ahead of Jinyoung.

Jinyoung gaze at Mark. If he can really make this person happy, then who is he to stop Mark in reaching his happiness. Jaebum's right anyway. If he will say no, Mark will still run after him. "Okay... I will help you!"