Another Chance (Revised)

Love Me The Same

"Jinyoung~ Jinyoung~" Youngjae calling Jinyoung as he headed to the younger's room.

"Jinyoung, wake up now. It's already time for sch---" Youngjae knocked the door and opened it, but he wasn't able to continue his statement after seeing Jinyoung sitting in front of the mirror while plastering a creepy smile on his face. He furrowed his brows as he entered the younger's room. "People are indeed scary when they are in love." He whispered to himself.

"Hey Jinyoung!"

"Oh! Youngjae hyung." Jinyoung was snapped from his day dream after Youngjae shouted his name once again. "I didn't notice that you're here. Good morning!"

"Not only scary, but they become polite towards the elder people." Youngjae mumurs to himself once again. "What pill did you take early in the morning that you're already calling me hyung now?"

"Eyyy hyung~" Jinyoung cooed. He stood up and went behind the older before giving Youngjae a back hug.

"Wow~ Like wow~" Youngjae commented at Jinyoung's sudden sweetness towards him. "Seriously Jinyoung are you sick?"

Jinyoung cutely shook his head while pouting. "Nothing hyung, i'm fine. Just... just I want to hug you."

"And why is that?"

"It's because I want to say thank you."

"For?"

"For last night." Jinyoung pulls away from Youngjae and went in front of the older. "You and Jaebum hyung made me really happy."

"Told you, right? You're going to thank us afterwards."

Jinyoung just smiled while nodding his head.

"Anything else happened? Are you... together with Mark now?" Youngjae asked him directly which made Jinyoung to avoid eye contact with him.

But the younger just stayed silent while roaming his eyes around his room. 

"Don't stay silent, Jinyoung. You need to give me an answer to my question."

Jinyoung gulped and pursed his lips. He knew that he couldn't run away from Youngjae this time and so he slowly nodded his head. "Yes."

Youngjae stared at Jinyoung even though the younger is still avoiding his gaze. He smiled as he slowly lifted his hand, moving towards the younger's head then ruffled Jinyoung's hair. "You need to tell Jaebum about it."

"But hyung..."

"It's okay. He's okay with it."

 

 

 


At the dining area, the atmosphere was incredibly awkward. Jinyoung was trying his best to avoid Jaebum's gaze while the older found the situation funny. But instead of breaking the awkward silence, he just let Jinyoung feel anxious. He wanted Jinyoung to open it up first, not him asking the younger. 

A sudden knocked on the door was heard while they were having their breakfast. They all shifted their attention at the front door's direction. It's unusual for them to have a visitor. Mark was their first ever visitor ever since they moved to where they're living now. But it's pretty impossible for Mark to invade their house early in the morning.

"Let me open the door." Youngjae declared.

Both Jinyoung and Jaebum looked at Youngjae then Jaebum shook his head at Youngjae's statement.

"No, just let me do it." Jaebum said as he stood up.

Jaebum trudged towards the front door while Youngjae and Jinyoung followed him with their gaze. When Jaebum reaches the front door, the unknown person behind it knocked once again. He took a deep breath as he lifted his hand towards the door knob, twisting it to see the person behind it.

The door swung opened, revealing Mark as the person who almost made Jaebum, Youngjae and Jinyoung to have a heart attack.

"Good morning, Jaebum hyung." Mark greeted with a smile.

"Oh Mark. It's you." Jaebum said in relief. "Good morning."

Of course, Youngjae and Jinyoung heard Jaebum mentioned Mark's name making Youngjae to feel relieve. But not for Jinyoung, hearing Mark's name made his heart skipped a beat. Even now that they're officially together.

"Yes, sorry for invading your house early in the morning hyung." Mark made an apology. "I just want to go to school with JinE, so I'm picking her up."

"No, it's okay. You're not a bother to us." Jaebum glanced inside the house then to Mark. "We're actually having our breakfast. Come join us, Mark."

"No no, I'm okay hyung."

"No excuses, come on. Get inside and let's have breakfast together."

Mark couldn't do anything when Jaebum held his wrist and gently dragged him inside. He just obliged and followed the older heading towards the dinning area, where he saw his girlfriend silently eating her breakfast with her head down.

"Good morning Youngjae, hyung." Mark greeted.

"Oh good morning Marky."

Mark smiled before he shifted his girlfriend. "Good morning JinE."

Jaebum and Youngjae glanced at JinE, they were staring at her waiting for a response that she would give to her boyfriend. But... she just stayed silent as she continued eating her breakfast.

"Eyy JinE-yahh~" Youngjae whispered as he slapped JinE's wrist.

JinE looked at Youngjae with her brows raised and she whispered back. "What?"

He jutted his chin towards Mark's direction. JinE followed to where Youngjae was pointing and saw Mark smiling at her.

"I said good morning." Mark repeated with a smile on his face.

"Ohh~ I didn't hear, good morning." She responded.

Jaebum smirked and shook his head. "Sit down Mark and have breakfast with us."

"Thank you, hyung." He pulled a chair beside JinE and sat comfortably.

Youngjae offered him food and placed it on Mark's plate. Mark thanked the older once again before he started digging on his food.

They were eating silently, until Jaebum decided to throw a question at Mark. "Mark?"

"Yes, hyung?" The younger answered immediately after being called. 

"You told me that you want to go to school together with JinE, so you are here to pick her up."

"Yes hyung, I have my car now. I asked my father to send it here."

"Hmmm, I see. So, there's no need for me to send JinE to school since you're here already."

"Ahhh~ yeah, something like that hyung." Mark shyly agreed.

"It's okay. I'm okay with it. Besides, I need to go to the office early today. Would it be okay for you, JinE?"

"Huh?" Every time Jaebum mentioned her name, she would feel nervous. "Ahh yes... yes it's okay."

"Then that's good."

 

 

 


"Does Jaebum hyung already know about us?" Mark asked. They were already inside his car, heading to their university.

"I haven't told him about it." JinE answered. "But I think he already knows it."

"I think so too."

JinE focused her eyes on the road while thinking about Jaebum. She knows that the older was just waiting for her to open up first. But of course, she doesn't have the courage to do that. She has always been afraid of Jaebum and telling him about her relationship with Mark, she's totally sure that the older would freak out. She let out a deep sigh, leaned her head on the car's head rest and she closed her eyes to relax her mind.

Well, Mark didn't miss how JinE realeased a deep breath and he could tell that his girlfriend was worried about telling Jaebum their relationship. He smiled and reached for JinE's hand. He intertwined their hands as he continued driving.

Feeling Mark's hand intertwining with hers, she immediately opened her eyes and looked at her boyfriend.

"I know you're worried about Jaebum hyung, but I promise you that everything will be fine."

She looked at their hands and smiled. She uses her free hand to caressed the back of Mark's hand. "Thank you."

A sweet smile, it was plastered on Mark's face after hearing his girlfriend thanking him for cheering her up. He glanced at his girlfriend one more time before he focused his attention on the road.

 

 

 


Jinyoung was busy flipping the pages of his book when he heard a knock on his door. After a few seconds, his door creaked open. He turned around to see the who's the person behind it and he was surprised to see Jaebum bringing a glass of milk for him. It's usually Youngjae who would bring him milk every time he needs to stay up late to study.

"Jaebum hyung..." he called. "Thank you for bringing me this."

"You're welcome." Jaebum placed the milk on the younger's table. He sat on the edge of the desk and he looked at the younger's desk that has plenty of papers, books, sticky notes, and pens. "Studying hard for tomorrow?"

"Kinda, hyung." Jinyoung shyly answered.

"Hmmm..." He responded with a hum.

"Hyung?" Jinyoung called him once again. "I have something to tell you."

"About what?"

"About..." Jinyoung took a deep breath and pursed his lips before he continued. "About Mark and I."

"Hmm, about your relationship with him, right?"

He was totally shocked. He looked at the older with a surprise look on his face. "Y-you already know about it?"

Jaebum nodded his head.

"But you didn't tell me." He pouted.

"You know me, Jinyoung." Jaebum pulled himself up from the desk, he walked towards the younger's bed and sat on it. "You already know that I will never ask questions that would make you feel uncomfortable. I can only just wait for you to open up first."

This is how Jaebum and Youngjae handled him and he knew that. When the two found him in the middle of the road late at night, he was so afraid and was even shivering because of the cold weather. Jaebum and Youngjae took him to their house and asked plenty of questions at him. Like why he was there? Why was he crying in the middle of the road? Why he has lots of scratches on his body? Where were his parents? Those were the questions that Jinyoung couldn't answer, and he just kept on crying. So, Jaebum and Youngjae decided to stop interrogating him. Until one day when Jinyoung was brave enough, he shared to the two everything they need to know. Since that day, they would only wait for Jinyoung to open up instead of putting too much pressure on him by asking.

Jinyoung turned to look at the older who's sitting on his bed. "I was... afraid to tell you about it."

"I know." Jaebum sighed. "Jinyoung... we're like parents to you. We take good care of you and treat you like our own son. But, it doesn't mean that you can't fall in love, you can't choose the person whom you like, or can't accept the person who wants to be with you. It's not like that."

"We don't want to interfere about this matter." Jaebum continued. "The only thing we're worried about is that... we don't want you to get hurt."

A smile was painted on the younger's face while listening at Jaebum's statement. Isn't he lucky enough to be part of this kind-hearted man's life? "I once heard that... if you don't get hurt, then it's not true love."

"Right. You're right." Jaebum agreed. "Getting hurt is part of loving."

"Then I'm ready to get hurt, hyung. If it's Mark, I don't mind getting hurt."

It was one of the sweetest things that Jaebum heard from the younger. He stared at Jinyoung's face before letting out a deep breath. He stood up and moved closer to the younger before pulling Jinyoung into a hug. "You're a grown-up man now, Jinyoung."

Jinyoung buried his face on the older's stomach as he hugged him back. Then he felt Jaebum dropped a kiss on his head.

"You should continue studying now. Don't stay up too late."

The younger nodded his head before he pulls away from the hug. "Goodnight, hyung."

"Hmm, goodnight. I'll go to bed now." 

Jaebum trudged towards the door, he was twisting the door knob to open when Jinyoung called him.

"Jaebum hyung..."

He looked at the younger, waiting for him to continue to speak.

"Thank you."

Smile. Jaebum smiled sweetly at him, he nodded his head before he went out of the younger's room.

 

 

 


"Let's stop by here, let me eat my noddles first." Said Hoseok who's blowing his cup of noddles. "I can't eat it if the car is moving."

"Okay okay, let's stop for a while." Namjoon agreed as he stopped the car at the road side in front of a house. "I'm still sleepy, so I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when you're done."

"Take care the both of you!" Youngjae said as he and Jaebum sent JinE and Mark outside of the house.

"Mark, just drive slowly." Jaebum reminded the younger.

"Yes, hyung I will."

Changbin was busy playing games on his phone when he heard noises outside. He paused for a while and looked out of the window, his eyes widened after seeing the owner of those voices. He immediately hit Hoseok's shoulder many times, making him to spill some of the noodle soup inside the car. "Look look look!"

"What the..." Hoseok hissed. "What do you want?! I'm eating my noodle!"

"Look outside, isn't it Jinyoung?" 

"Huh?" Hoseok looked outside and saw a female student with a man, while bidding their goodbyes to the two men. "No, it's obviously not Jinyoung."

"No, not him! The female student, he looks like Jinyoung." 

"How could it be Jinyoung when that is a girl?"

Changbin pursed his lips in annoyance. He knows that Hoseok only cares about his noodle and so he tried to wake up Namjoon this time. "Hey Namjoon hyung, wake up. Wake up, faster!"

"What?! I'm so sleepy!" Namjoon said while rubbing his eyes.

"Just sleep later, you need to see this first."

"What is it? If it's not interesting, I'll kill you."

"Isn't it Jinyoung? The female student." He insisted.

"No, it's impossible. That's not..." Namjoon stopped after seeing a clearer view of the female student that Changbin insisted to be Jinyoung. He furrowed his brows while staring at the said student. "Wait... This is impossible. This can't be... She's Jinyoung."

"See? I told you, I was right!"

"We should go now. Bye Youngjae hyung. Bye Jaebum hyung." JinE said before hopped inside the passenger's seat.

"Youngjae is very happy because you're calling him hyung now."

JinE giggled while Youngjae lightly hit Jaebum's arms then he waved at Mark and Jinyoung who's already inside the car.

"That's why everywhere we go we really couldn't find him it's because he's disguising as a girl." Namjoon mumbled.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Changbin asked Namjoom. 

"Let's follow them and get Jinyoung." Hoseok suggested while slurping his noodle.

"No. Let's call boss first, let's tell him that we found Jinyoung." Namjoon said then he smirked.

 

 

 

 

At the university, Mark parked his car at the parking area as soon as they got inside. JinE unbuckled her seatbelt and was about to get out of the car when Mark stopped her.

"Wait." Mark said.

"Why?" She asked in confusion.

"I should open the door for my princess." And with that, Mark got out of the car and trudged to the passenger's seat. 

With a confused look on her face, she followed her boyfriend's action with her gaze. Mark opened the door and waited for JinE to get out.

JinE chuckled at her boyfriend's cute action. She got out of the car and smiled at her boyfriend. "Seriously Mark, you don't need to do this."

"But I want to." He pouted, trying to act cute in front of his girlfriend.

She shook her head at her boyfriend's cuteness. "Whatever. Let's go now." 

JinE took a few steps when Mark suddenly held her hand and intertwined it with his then he started taking steps, trying to walk with his girlfriend hand in hand. 

"Hey~" JinE whispered then she looked around to check if someone was looking at them and yes of course, a lot of people are staring at them. "They're staring at us."

"Why? Isn't it good? So that they will know that you are my girlfriend."

"Y-yeah b-but..."

"It's okay. Let's keep moving now, or we'll be late." Mark gently dragged JinE with him, heading to their room while holding JinE's hand so tight.

"Ohh wow~ Their relationship is slowly improving as time goes by." Dahyun mumbles while staring at Mark and JinE holding hands while walking.

Jisoo nodded her head in agreement. They were both sitting on a school bench while waiting for Sana to arrive. "I'm not a fan of them, but... yeah they're actually cute."

"Who's cute?"

Both Jisoo and Dahyun stood up immediately from the bench when they heard Sana's voice from behind.

"Ohh you're already here my dear." Dahyun awkwardly said.

"So, who's cute?" Sana asked once again while folding her arms in front of her chest. 

"Ohh it's nothing." Jisoo tried to hide Mark and JinE's sweetness from Sana.

"Wanna end our friendship right now?" Sana cooed with a sarcastic smile on her face as she tried to blackmail her friends.

"Heyyy~ that's not fair." said Dahyun. "Calm down, young lady."

"Then tell me."

"Okay okay." Jisoo finally gave in. "Just look around and you can see two love birds walking hand in hand as they head to their room."

Sana furrowed her eyebrows at Jisoo before she obliged. She looked around and she spotted a man and a woman holding their hands tight while heading towards their classroom.

"I see. So, it's them?" She asked still her eyes never leaving the two while plastering an angry look on her face. "Who said they look cute?"

"Oops, I didn't." Dahyun immediately answered.

"Me neither." Jisoo agreed with Dahyun as well. "They're not cute."

Sana just stayed silent while she sternly looked at the two. Both Jisoo and Dahyun glanced at her, they knew that if their friend turns silent, she's busy thinking of something unpleasant.

"Hey~ Take it easy, okay? Eeeeasy." Said Dahyun who approached her friend and wrapped her arm around Sana's shoulder. "We know that you're busy thinking about something that you shouldn't be thinking off."

"She stole him from me. How should I keep calm and take it easy?" 

Jisoo sighed. "Well, in the first place, you and Mark don't have any romantic relationship."

After letting out that statement, Jisoo regretted it because Sana just sent her an intense glare like she's going to peel Jisoo's skin off.

"Fine fine, i'll keep quit now."

"Yeah, i think that's the best thing for you to do." Dahyun just shook her head at the two.

A loud ring from Mr. Nam's phone interrupted him as he was having a coffee with Mr. Tuan at the company's coffee shop. The weather was so good to sit and have a cup of coffee. And of course, he invited Mr. Tuan to enjoy that moment with him and to spy about the next plan that Mr. Tuan made for the company, so that he'll know his next move.

"Excuse me Mr. Tuan, I've got to answer this call." Mr. Nam said, asking permission before accepting the call.

"Yeah sure." Mr. Tuan replied.

Mr. Nam walked out from the coffee shop and searched for a place where he can answer the call privately.

"Hello, what is it?" He said after receiving the call. "I'm guessing that you have a good news for me because you called."

"Well, kind of like that Boss." Said the man on the other line who's actually Namjoon.

"Tell me. What is it?"

"We found Jinyoung. I've sent you some pictures of him when we followed him."

After Mr. Nam heard such information, his lips crept into a smirk. "Hmm, that's quite a good news. When and where did you see him?"

"Just this morning, outside their new house. At first, we couldn't notice him because he's disguising as a woman and he's even studying in a university with that disguise."

"What?! That's hilarious!" Mr. Nam exclaimed and he decided to check the pictures that Namjoon had sent.

"So what are we gonna do now boss? Get the boy and kill him?"

"No, not yet." Mr. Nam's brows furrowed as he continued looking at the pictures. He sees someone familiar with Jinyoung. "The guy beside Jinyoung, is that..."

"We suspected that he's Jinyoung's boyfriend since they walk together while holding their hands."

"I see. Just get Jinyoung and bring him to me... alive."

"Yes boss."

And with that, Mr. Nam ended the call. He looked at the pictures once again and he zoomed it out to the person beside Jinyoung, it was Mark.

"You're making it fun for me, Jinyoung." He mumbled at himself.

"Let's have lunch together at the rooftoop." Mark suggested while they're walking hand in hand going to their classroom.

JinE stopped and she looked at her boyfriend. "Why? Don't you want to eat lunch with Bambam and Jackson at the cafeteria?"

"Hmm, it's not that I don't want. I just want to have some time with you, like only the two of us." Mark wiggled his eyebrows and beamed .

"ert." JinE hit Mark's forehead and proceeded walking while dragging her boyfriend who's laughing at her. "Let's just have lunch at the cafeteria."

"Early morning sweetness." Dahyun commented while watching JinE and Mark together with Sana and Jisoo.

"They're the talk of the town nowadays." Jisoo added. "A lot of students envy them."

Sana was just listening at her friends while her eyes stared at Mark and JinE. It should be her who's with Mark and not JinE. And she knew that she needed to do something if she wanted to get Mark back.

"Girls... help me with something."

 

 

"Are you really sure that we're going to do this?" Jisoo asked while glancing at the meal she was holding.

"Just do it if you want to live longer." Dahyun suggested before she saw a familiar figure ahead of them. "Okay, here she is."

"Okay, call her."

Dahyun nodded her head before walking briskly as she tried to catch someone. "Hey~ JinE..."

JinE, who was heading the cafeteria, turned around to see who was calling her. "Oh hi Dahyun, what is it?"

"Ahm... you're heading to the cafeteria, right?" She started. She's actually nervous, but she's trying her best to hide it. "We met Mark along the way and he asked us to give this to you."

Dahyun gave a signal to Jisoo to hand the meal to JinE and she obliged. "He said you can go first to the rooftop because a professor suddenly asked help from him."

"Ohh really? I thought we're just going to eat at the cafeteria." JinE responded with a confuse look on her face then she searched for her phone from her pocket and checked if Mark sent her a message. "But why he didn't send me a message?"

"He said..." Jisoo in. "His phone was dead, so he couldn't send you a message."

"Ahhh~ I see." She nodded her head and took the meal from Jisoo. "Thank you for this."

"Yes you're welcome. Enjoy your lunch." Dahyun quickly responded.

Just a smile. It was the only thing that JinE did before leaving the two and head to the rooftop. She trudged her way going to the rooftop and when she was about to reach the place that she's going to have a dinner with Mark, she heard a voice. A girl's voice.

What made her curious was that the voice was really familiar to her. It was Sana's voice.

Her pace started to get slower and her chest got heavier as she took a step forward. Until she could clearly hear the conversation.

"I still love you."

That's what JinE heard, she gulped as she continued listening to the conversation. She knew that the next thing that she would hear would probably hurt her, but still she's willing to witness everything.

"I need you and I miss you so much. I can give you everything and I can do everything for you." Said Sana while holding Mark's hand. "Please come back to me. Let's give ourselves another chance."

Sana looked at Mark who's just staring at her. She wrapped Mark's arms around her before hugging him. She placed her head on Mark's chest, listening to his heartbeat. "I miss this. You, hugging me. I feel so safe in your arms."

She pulls away a little while her arms still hugging Mark, she smiled while staring at Mark's face then to his lips. She cupped his face and slowly leaning her face to kiss him.

That was the scene that JinE saw when she finally reached the rooftop. Her tears slowly fell down from her eyes. When she saw that Sana is going to kiss Mark, she turned around and hid herself. She placed her hand on her chest and clutched her blouse. She leaned her back on the wall and cried silently.